OOC First Name
Emzies
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly 16" Sturdy Vine Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Rory's life had settled..he'd hardly believed it himself, but things had settled. He'd quit the position at the wand position just before christmas and reduced his shifts at the bar to weekends, unless there was a game. He had known things would work out for him, but there had been weeks of sleepless nights and deep worries if it would at be worth it. Now he was in a better position, getting better nights of sleep and making enough money that he'd begun getting more furniture for his place the cupboards weren't ever really empty. The christmas holidays had been a quiet affair, he'd worked during most of it, specifically working over the days around christmas and taking the new years off. Both would've been quiet, lonely events had it not been for Graeme turning up an hour before minute with a bottle of whiskey and a lump of coal. Rory's new year had gotten significantly less lonely with that - not that he remembered much after that point. He'd learned that when his brother drank, he went hard, Rory had only just kept up. The hangover had last for too long, but it had felt nice. It had reminded him that during all of the turbulence of his life after graduating that he'd lost contact with most of his friends, that he'd not had the time for any of them, not that he'd even had that many. He'd turned his back on his family because he didn't want to be forced to be with anyone he didn't love, wanted his own path, but he was lonely. He liked working, his apartment though more home than months prior lacked a real personal touch and mostly just felt empty. The quiet was always overwhelming loud.
Rory had ventured outside, bought himself a coffee and a pastry, he'd woken up early, a force habit now, frustratingly. Rory liked working, he didn't really know what to do with himself when he had time off, whether it was mornings like this, or when he got the odd day off. He'd never really had hobbies like others and he was too tentative to reach out to anyone to hang out. Flavio didn't have the time anyway, with that baby on the way. Everyone else was out carving out little paths in their lives with the friends they had made and kept in school, with the partners they had and the family that would want to spend the time with them. Graeme was making an effort, but he knew that just practically it was difficult. Rory didn't want to set foot back home so Graeme would always have to come to him. Rory sat down on the same bench he tended to sit out when he had nothing better to do with his mornings. Where he'd had the first civil conversation with Amber ever, and where he'd come often when four am hit and he knew that sleep just wasn't going to be something he'd get. He sat with his legs crossed on the bench, balancing the coffee on his knee as he slow ate the pastry. He needed hobbies, he needed to figure out how to make friends. It was nice to have this freedom, to be able to make his own choices, however it wasn't difficult to feel very alone when the decision had cost him so much. But, things were better and though he was lonely, life in that moment with the coffee and pastry and a slow morning was calm and nice.

Therese was sad that the year went over so soon. It was nice to see family too and go back to Sweden, but the brunette just really started loving NZ and was thinking of moving over after school. But those were just vague idea's for in the future. She was together with Leif and she had to see a future with him too. She could really laugh with him and he was really sweet to her. They both lived in Scandinavian country's so for Leif it would be a journey too if they would move. Or even live together. Therese wanted to buy some stuff for the new year, because she would go to Sweden soon to her home. But actually there was one person she wanted to see before she would go. Still Therese worried about Rory, a boy she met at the wand shop and fell in love with and now were good friends with. They were back to where they started. Therese did not needed a wand, but she knew he worked as a bartender the last time she saw him. It would be nice to say hello to her good friend so the brunette wanted to make a stop. When she walked by she was suprised to see a familliar face so quickly, she would want to get her books and some candy to bring to Sweden for her siblings but there he was sitting all by himself drinking coffee it seemed.

Therese walked slowly towards him, he didn't saw her yet she figured. And she just felt like hugging him, she didn't knew what it was but she knew he had a rough time with family sometimes and seeing him alone made her sad. She hoped that he was happy. Therese walked towards Rory and smiled. '' Hey Rory.'' The brunette went sitting next to him on the bench and hoped that he would be fine with a hug. Therese hugged him shortly, because perhaps he did not expect this at all, but she was happy to see him. '' Are you free?'' She than asked, or figured it was a break for him. She didn't want to hold him off, perhaps he would be meeting someone else than she and waited here.

Rory found the calm to be quite nice, his life was so full on at times, he’d spent months with basically no time to himself at all, so he welcomed all the moments he could grab. Even if it always made it painfully obvious that he was very much alone, where he could spot others walking with friends, family, partners, where he listened to bits of conversation at his jobs of people with their family and friends, the moments like this were he allowed himself to be calm tended to remind him that he was still very much alone. There were few people who would either understand or actually be sympathetic for all that he’d lost and even fewer he wanted to talk about it with. Even mentioning a little to Amber when they had spoken on this very bench had filled him with an awareness that in all of her brains she just didn’t understand what had happened for him, she’d maybe pitied him. He was a little surprised when he spotted Therese walking the street towards him and even more so when she actually sat down next to him. He returned the smile, unable to really stop himself from doing so.

Rory didn’t know how to feel about Therese any more. He knew that he could’ve loved her if really given the chance. She was such a beautiful person and had such a kind nature to even him who had rarely really deserved it. He hoped they could friends, he hoped they were friends. He was a little surprised when she hugged him, even if it was exceedingly short. He couldn’t help but even lean into the touch slightly. Rory nodded and took a small sip of the coffee, ”Ah have the whole day tae maself, so aye,” he replied with a little smile, ”The school year o’er already?” Rory asked, a little surprised to see her. Rory had lost track of the school semester when he’d left and he stopped opening the letters from Aonghas since he wasn’t replying, no matter how much he knew that frustrated Aonghas, Rory just couldn’t bring himself to. He hoped his brother was okay. He hoped he stayed safe. ”How ye doin’?”

Therese wasn't sure if Rory would still be excited to see her. He was gone from Hogwarts now for a while and perhaps he forgot her. The other way around wasn't sure the case. Therese thought of Rory often, she cared for him as a friend. And she wanted him to be happy and do what he wanted in the future. She figured he wanted more than just work as a bartender. And she thought he deserved that too. The brunette smiled as he still knew who she was at least. He didn't pushed her away from the hug, so that was positive too. She than looked at him and put her hands on her lap. '' That must be nice. Do you have plans today? And still working at Ollivanders?'' The brunette asked him. She thought of their first meeting there. Perhaps if he hadn't helped her there they would never become friends or even would notice eachother on Hogwarts. They both played quidditch there and he had to score with her, so their paths would cross no matter what. She looked at him, and understood why she fell in love that time again. He was just so different than everybody else. And being with him gave a sparkle. But Therese didn't felt the same as before, he had made his choice and made it clear that they could never date again. And Therese was happy with Leif and felt more happy than ever. She than nodded at his question. '' It is. I'm going to my last already next year. So strange..'' Therese than explained and felt a bit sad of thinking like that. But every story had a beginning and end and she couldn't last forever on Hogwarts. New adventures were cool too.

Therese than smiled for the question. She wanted to know anything about him too.
'' I'm good. You must be happy. Slytherin won with Quidditch this year. How ever lost against Beauxbatons. '' Therese than said with a grin. Rory was placed in Slytherin ofcourse but had no idea if he still cared for the place or just moved on. '' What about you?'' She than asked and wanted to know to make sure he was okay. '' Are you happy?'' The Swedish girl than asked. She looked a bit concerned.

Rory shook his head, ”Nah, ah quit just after christmas, didnae need it anymaer,” the man replied with a little smile, ”I work at the Medley and ah’m on a quidditch team now, so ah’ve landed on me feet,” Rory didn’t think he would need to mention that it had been sort of rough going for a while, that he had been so busy he’d barely had time for anything else, that it had been so hard for him. He didn’t need to tell her about any of it. He didn’t let himself linger on that too much, it was a little too fresh and he worried constantly about ending up back in that situation. So he took the cup of coffee and drank a little to fill the silence before saying ”Whit aboot ye?” since it was clear she was on holiday and still in school he couldn’t even remember if she had had a job. Admittedly he hadn’t given her too much thought with so much else going on but it was nice to see her now to catch up. He couldn’t help but wonder a little about his brother as Therese talked about school, and how close it was to ending for her.
At the comment he shrugged, ”Wasnae even aware, but good fae odette,” he replied, since he didn’t open the letters from Aonghas he hadn’t really been keeping up much with what had been happening in school, there was no reason to. ”How did hufflepuff dae?” he decided to ask, he knew that his brother had tried out but hadn’t read the letter that would’ve likely included the outcome, at the very least it might give him a little insight, not make him feel any better for ignoring the letters but just an insight.. At the question he frowned a little, unsure what she had been asking until she clarified..was he happy..he was more settled than ever before, and he had Graeme, a little. But happy…”Ah’m getting there, dinnae ye worry aboot me. I’ll be happy,” Rory was a little more honest than he though he should be, but Therese and him, even after they’d broken up, things had just always been different. ”How ye keepin’ these days?” he asked, hoping a little that she wouldn’t linger on what he’d said, he’d be happy eventually and it wasn’t for her to worry or think about.

Therese listened as Rory explained what he had been doing and as it seemed not anymore. She was kind of glad to hear he had been moving on, not that Ollivanders wasn't enough, but she thought Rory deserved more. Though she had good memories of him working at Ollivanders. He had been joining a Quidditch Team and that made Therese proud and smile. '' Wow that's so good! I'm really happy for you.. Rory.'' Therese than said with a smile. She didn't knew why but again she just wanted to hug him. She pushed that thought away since that was just too much. Before Rory asked about her life she responded again. '' I mean you were amazing at Ollivanders. But you deserve more. Which team are you playing for?'' Therese didn't actually knew how Rory would be selling wands to others than she, but she didn't judged anyone negative. If you were kind to someone they would treat you the same too, and it they did not there must be a reason for it. And she would not be pushed away quickly because of that. It just made her more want to help that person or try harder to get an connection. And many people had asked her why she hanged out with Rory when he was still at Hogwarts, because he had been harder on others than to her, but she always saw him differently. And she hoped that people would do the same and they had it seemed since the outcoming result now for a job. Therese than smiled shortly and thought of it. '' I'm not working anywhere. But after Hogwarts I really would love to play Quidditch. I never thought I would be when joining Hogwarts, but I seemed to be better than I thought I would at keeping.'' She than answered.

Therese than looked around she saw people crossing by and talking. Or some were walking alone by themselves. Therese than nodded at the quidditch reply from Rory. But he didn't' seemed that interested and she didn't mind. He asked about Hufflepuff though. And than she reminded that Rory's brother was in the same house as she. She hadn't been speaking to him, but than she reminded he joined the team as an alternate. But he was sure he knew that right? '' Well.. not good. We were last this year. Your brother joined too right! As alternate ofcourse but chaser just like you.'' Therese than said and smiled for a moment. Her feeling was right she knew it, he seemed to be tired the last time she saw him but he was doing better now. But something in the way he spoke seemed to be that he wasn't still there were he wanted to be. Therese all of sudden thought of something and before she could actually decide how she wanted to ask she just did. '' Are you together with someone? '' She than asked and figured that she was really interested in that, more than she wanted to be. But that wasn't strange right? They had dated for a while and for her Rory was still a special friend of hers. And she just wanted him to be happy, she was too with Leif.

Rory nodded with a little smile when she said she was proud of him. Being mostly alone in the world meant there was only him to celebrate the accomplishments, his parents wouldn’t have cared enough to even open a letter from him without trying to ruin whatever he had left, he could’ve told Aonghas but he didn’t want to put his brother at risk so it was surprisingly nice to hear that he’d made someone proud. His choices had led him down this path and he was pleased that at least someone could be proud of them with him. Rory laughed lightly when she continued, complimenting him but also agreeing that it had been time to move on, ”Aye, ah thought so tae. Ah wis shite at that job anyway and ma da got it fae me, so I thought ah better get out ‘fore he, tried tae take it and the most recent lot ae money fae it,” it had been a concern of his after graduation when he’d had little to his name that he’d need to get out of the job. His father would’ve figured out where he was working and Rory would’ve have had the money to not have a job. ”Ah play fae the moutohora macaws, its no pride ae portree but it’ll dae,” he smiled lightly at her. He listened as she said that she wasn’t working but after school thought she could play, ”Ye should see aboot joining the moutohora macaws, they’re a good team, ye’d dae well wae us,” Rory had only ever played against Therese it would be nice to play with her.
Rory couldn’t help the way he maybe leaned in a little as she spoke about the hufflepuff team, even confirming his brother had a place on the team as an alternate. Rory sighed with a small smile. He raised the cup to his lips and sipped lightly, ”That’s good fae him,” Rory spoke with a smile on his features, ”He’s a good wee lad, good wee chaser tae,” Maybe it was time to open the letters, to maybe write back. His brother had to have realised or even just learned that Rory was doing okay….he didn’t need a letter. Especially not now with his brother certainly back home, surely spending time with their parents, with the cousins and their siblings. As Rory thought of that, of spending his birthday without any of them again, he couldn’t help but feel the loneliness come back full force. As if to add to that, Therese asked if he was with anyone. He thought it a little odd to ask, but they had dated and separated, they were friends, friends talked about their love life...even if Rory didn’t have one. ”Nah, ah havenae had the time,” Rory spoke with a soft sigh as he looked from the coffee cup to Therese, ”But ah’m okay bein’ single,” he’d added quickly only hesitating over the word single, almost just saying alone, ”Ah’ve never just been Rory wae oot the family, so ah have tae take time tae figure maself oot,” he was quick to add, so she might not think him sad for being alone. ”What aboot ye?”

Therese put her other leg over the other and tham looked at Rory. She just had to smile when seeing him and she saw the smile on his face after she told him that she was proud. Sometimes people just had to hear that, and it was not just something she said she really ment it. She smiled as Rory spoke of his experiance at Ollivanders and how he landed there. The brunette had been learning some teams in this area and the name Rory said ringed a bell and she smiled. '' You have to start somewhere right? Are there people you already knew in that team?'' Therese than asked Rory out of curiousity.. She had no idea what would be the nicest team to play. When he suggested she should join too she smiled. It would be nice to play with him and not against him for sure. '' Thanks. I will keep it in mind. I just have to do my very best this next year. And than we will see. Will be nice to play with you and not against you for once.'' Therese than said with a smile. And hoped he would think the same of it too.

Therese figured it would be good to seek out Rory's brother perhaps on school. She had no idea how close they were. Rory didn't lived at home anymore ofcourse, since he was getting older. But his little brother seemed really different to Rory. Therese smiled and nodded.
'' Yeah. I hope I will be playing with him this year.'' Therese than said friendly. Than she kind of blushed at what she had asked but Rory answered it so he was true about that it seemed. He had been busy, and he didn't saw someone right now. Therese smiled and was glad he didn't seemed to bother it, but still he could not fool her. She knew Rory really well, and it seemed like he acted more brave than he perhaps was.
'' That seems really wise. Good that you figure out that, and take time for yourself. '' Therese than said and looked at him with her brown eyes. Than she heard him talking about his family and she knew he had it difficult sometimes. ''How are things.. with your family? I haven't spoken your brother on school, but do you guys keep in touch?'' Therese actually didn't know and she could pass something along to him for sure if he wanted. But perhaps she was just helping, but he didn't felt the need. She respected that for sure and didn't want to make him feel sad. She just wanted to know that she was there for him in case he needed it. Than he asked her the same question of being with someone. '' Wel.. I'm together with someone. His name is Leif and in Hufflepuff too.'' Therese than said and smiled shortly.

Last edited:
The man nodded vaguely, he supposed it was true and for him perhaps he’d started at the beru bottom since he had never expected to ever have to. He’d never planned for the eventuality that had occurred. He shrugged vaguely at the comment, ”Honestly, ah havenae paid much attention tae who they are, just keepin’ ma spot on the team,” he admitted with a small sip of his coffee, it had never mattered who others were in comparison to who he was because it wasn’t supposed to have ever mattered. It wasn’t supposed to have been something he had to worry or think about but so much hadn’t gone according to the plan, and it had been his choice to even go down that but he had to admit it would be nice to just play with her, play with someone he both knew and liked so he silently hoped that next year come this time she would be trying-out for the team he was on. ”Ah hope ye dae, it would be nice tae play with ye,” Rory smiled at her, he did regardless of everything that had happened between them really like Therese. Perhaps their relationship at the start had largely been superficially based on his part but it had surprisingly to him developed into a real friendship, then more and now this.
Rory nodded in agreement, hoping too that his brother would get the opportunity to play. An alternate was a good spot and it came with a few less pressures than actually playing. At what she asked, about his family he chuckle a little self deprecating laugh, ”Therese ma da kicked me oot, ah could be dyin’ and he’d slam the door in ma face.So it isnae good, Aonghas tries tae keep in contact but ah cannae risk ma da accidently seein’ a letter ah send tae him,” Rory took a sip of his drink and sighed a little, ”Ah feel bad, but ah dinnae want ma choices affecting the wee lad,” Rory hadn’t really thought he’d be this honest with Therese with no one else to really talk to, no one else who maybe knew a little bit he just kept the stuff bottled up. He listened as she spoke of herself and the boy she was seeing, finding himself smiling regardless of the little jealousy he felt. ”That’s good Therese, does he make ye happy?” Rory asked with a genuine warmth in his expression, ”’cause if he mistreats ye or doesnae dae everythin’ tae make ye happy, ah’ll break his face,” he was mostly joking, but half of him meant he wanted her to be happy and would definitely have a problem if she wasn’t and he was treating her poorly. Despite everything between them Rory still believed she deserved the world of happiness.

Therese thought of playing together with Rory and hoped that would be a chance after her last year. But she wanted to enjoy her last year the most and spend time with Leif. She liked her boyfriend a lot and she actually didn't want to think about what happend if they both wanted other paths. Leif had no idea he told her still of what he wanted to do. Therese was sure that would be fine at the end of their last year. She nodded as Rory told he didn't paid a lot of attention to his team and that seemed like the Rory thing. He needed to take care of himself now first it seemed. Therese than smiled back it would be nice for sure. '' I think so too. I'm happy that we still are friends. I kind of miss you on school. '' Therese than said and smiled, she liked Rory as her friend and could talk to him all she wanted. Their relationship was special and from the day she stept in Ollivanders she had felt an connection. When Rory talked about his mother she kind of felt sad for Rory. She didn't knew this! '' I'm so sorry.. I didn't knew. Why did it happen?'' Therese than asked and felt didn't happy right now anymore now she knew this. He didn't deserved that. He was sure his brother wanted to reach out, perhaps she could do anything for him so that his mother would not find out. '' Is there anything I can do to help you? I could talk to your brother when I'm back at school? You should have said. You are always welcome at my place. But I'm glad you are doing better now..'' Therese hoped Rory didn't became angry of her wanting to help him. She wanted him to be happy. And felt for him in this situation. She was kind of glad he was honest to her.

Therese almost forgot about Leif talking and she nodded
. '' Yeah- Yeah he does.'' She than responded at his question. The next thing he said made Therese laugh. It was so Rory, but sweet too on the other hand. It was kind of him to say that, although Therese didn't liked violence. '' Thanks. But that is not neccesary. He is really sweet. He is also from Scandinavia.'' Therese than said with a smile. She looked at the time for a moment. Time was flying when you were having fun. Though she could not shake the sad feeling of what Rory had been through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back