Arvo Tuuri

part goblin arithmancer

Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Whilst he would love to jokingly remark how he got his outfit from his wife's wardrobe, Arvo had been informed in no uncertain terms that, if he did such a thing, he would find himself rather quickly without a wife. His darling Kata could only take so much, it would seem, and perhaps his shenanigans this year were slightly more amusing that last year (although challenging the Head Boy to a duel had been quite fun). This year, he was as Professor Arvilla Tooposh, an upper-class English woman (he had practised his accent) who he gained inspiration for from an old show he watched decades ago as a boy.

He wasn't sure how he managed to get Monty to think this was a good idea, but the pint-sized Professor had few qualms about getting dressed up for Halloween. It would be fun, he decided, if they didn't bother with magical cheating. The wig was a touch itchy, but it helped keep his face at a semi-stable pinch that made him look perpetually cross. Perfect for Professor Arvilla Tooposh.

"I'm quite impressed with these names," he commented to his friend, walking quite confidently into the hall in his two-inch heels. "How did you think them up, Monty - I mean, Mona?"

Monty could be a stubborn man - Arvo knew this well. So how on earth the Arithmancy professor had managed to convince him to dress up as a woman for Halloween was completely beyond him. Well, it hadn't taken that much convincing; it was a pretty hilarious idea, and given that the objective was to make people laugh, few other costumes had contested it. Even so, as Monty descended the staircase in his high heels and pink outfit, he couldn't help but wonder if perhaps Arvo had slipped something into his tea.

Inhaling deeply, Monty adjusted his glasses and entered the great hall beside Arvo - or Arvilla, as he would be known for the next few hours. Pursing his lips, the Potions professor said to his friend in the highest pitch he could manage, "Oh, Arvilla, dear, as if I haven't told you a thousand times, the name Mona Primbottom has run in my family for centuries. Of course, the inspiration for yours came from an old school friend of mine. She was a little... short, but my goodness did she look fabulous in a pair of heels."

Arvo was no actor, but his ability to refrain from chuckling at his friend's antics was commendable. He had decided this idea for them - he had to make sure Monty didn't outshine him. He had a rather deep voice, and his elderly vocal cords weren't all that flexible these days, but he managed an effeminate tone to match Monty's.

"I wouldn't doubt it, Dear," he interjected at the point of Primbottom running in the family. He shimmied slightly at the mentioning the heels. He wasn't quite sure if he looked fabulous, but he was quite willing o act like it. Hopefully the headmistress wouldn't deem it fit to fire them. The thought had him smiling with amusement regardless of the impact.

"I say, Mona, your dress is simply lovely. Such a delicate fabric for a delicate woman." His face was flawless, especially seeing as Monty, a man over six feet tall, certainly was not a shining example of femininity. "Shall we have something to drink? I'm rather parched."
<i></i>

Monty's lips were twitching at the corners, but he, too, was determined not to crack. He touched the fabric of his dress and placed a hand to his chest, pretending to blush. "What can I say? I have my mother's frame." Now he had to bite his cheek to keep himself from laughing. At the suggestion of drinks, he assented, doing his best not to wobble and break his ankle on the way to the table. He'd never given women enough credit for just how uncomfortable everything felt - though he did imagine some of his discomfort stemmed simply from the fact he looked absolutely ridiculous. "Tsk," he said quietly to Arvo, when they finally arrived at their destination. "What must a lady do to get a gin and tonic around here?"

Mother's frame indeed. Arvo gave a sage-like nod, accepting his friends response with the mock-seriousness it deserved. "I take after my father, myself," he commented, bringing up a hat to adjust his rather top-heavy hat. "He was a rather small man, but larger than life you know. He raised himself a lady he could be proud of." He turned his nose up slightly to sniff with pride, and once they reached the table, he offered Monty a drink.

There wasn't quite a wide selection, for an adult planning to have a good time. But with students around, he doubted there would be anything harder than punch at this table - that was reserved for Sloane's annual after party, he was sure. At 'Mona's' comment, Arvo turned his head to look his friend up and down closely behind half-moon spectacles. "Around here?" He clarified, before scoffing. "Wear a shorter dress."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back