Kari's messy house.

She shrugged, "I've only been to.... one place," she said, still not remembering the name of the man she ahd went out with. "And i highly doubt you want to do what we did." She laughed slightly. They hadn't really done much, except kissing and cuddling.

She looked at her hands and twiddled her thumbs. "N-nothing, i mean we kissed a little... a lot." She muttered.

Kari looked away quickly. "Oh." He felt his insides break.

She saw him look away. "What's wrong?" She scooted closer to him. Had she said something wrong, it couldn't have been about Kevin... wait she remembered his name finally! But, Kari had said they were friends already, so she had no chance of that.

Kari cleared his throat and gave her a soft sad smile. "No of course not."

She touched his cheek. "Somethings wrong, you aren't smiling like you usually do!"

Kari slipped his hand on to her shoulder and gave a small squeeze. "Please don't ask."

"But you are my... friend, i have to ask!" She said looking at him.

He closed his eyes and shook his head. He faced away from her and leaned his head back.

She came closer to him and leaned her head on his shoulder. "i don't care what it is. You can tell me, trust me Kari."

"Well yeah, if you didn't like me we wouldn't be friends." She said, smiling at him, looking him in the eyes.

Kari swallowed hard. "Yeah." I didn't think he could bring himself to say that he liked her more than that.

She heard the swallow. She tilted her head to the side and looked at him. "Kari..." She trailed off, her gears starting to turn.

Kari stared into her eyes, he felt a rock forming in his gut. As calmly as he could he replied, "Yes Sarah."

She looked away, thinking, her brow furrowing. "You didn't mean as friends, did you?"

Kari swallowed hard again. "Do you really expect me not to feel this way Sarah. You are the most amazing person I've ever met." He looked down. "I'd say I'm sorry but I'm not."

She looked at him, smiling slightly. She leaned up and whispered in his ear; "I like you too." She smiled at him and looked away. What was she doing, she had a boyfriend. She could like other guys, she just couldn't do anything. Right?

Kari froze. He hadn't expected that. 'Its not safe for her. You know something could happen. You know Your luck.' Thoughts started to race though his mind. He swallowed again and kept his gaze down.

She realized he wasn't going to react, maybe he only liked her because he thought she didn't like him. He wanted a girl who could play hard to get, she guessed. She looked away, trying to keep her thoughts off of him.

Kari took a deep breath to calm himself then gave Sarah a hug. His long arms engulfed her. He inhaled the sweet scent of her hair and smiled. "Thank you." It was all he could think to say. It felt good, even though he was still rittled with worry.

She felt him hug her, and a warmth spread through her. She smiled and hugged him back, snuggling into his chest. He smelled very good, which usually wasn't the case for most men. "You are very welcome." She said, smiling.

Kari relaxed and let his arms remain around her. He leaned his head against the wall. A small smile across his face he said, "It feels great to get that off my chest."

"Yeah, but now you are stuck with me on your chest." She said, giggling slightly. it was a beautiful thing, but she knew it wasn't going to last, no matter how much she wished it would.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back