Just Talking In A Garden

"Well...when we started getting our things for school...I started talking to Jenna and it got a little out of hand but since then I've been thinking about what to do. Either forget about her and just be friends or pursue her....I don't really care if she likes me that much or not..."

Derrik put on a face of worry. He didn't really know what to do about Jenna.

Toni held back the urge for her mouth to just fall open when Derrik said Jenna. Luckily Toni just moved her lips into a small smile. "Jenna" Toni repeated just to see how it sounded. "She still has a thing for Sam" Toni just said making sure that Derrik knew that "But if you like her then go for it" Toni said trying to be positive.

"Unless of coarse you know she doesn't like you. " Toni added a hint of jest in her voice. She wasn't really sure how Jenna felt about anyone. Toni didn't really care before. Even though Derrik liked her Toni still thought Jenna was lower level but she wouldn't say that now.

"Well I don't know anymore. I have a feeling she doesn't and I don't want to confront her about it and stuff because she might get offened somehow and I don't want that because I at least want her as a friend."

Derrik was positive about this. It didn't really bother him that he was single, it was just sometimes he wish he had someone he could go to all the time no matter what the reason was.

Toni couldn't help but let out a little laugh. "Oh don't worry about offending her" Toni said shaking her head. "Or well at least I don't worry about it anymore" Toni added thinking about how Toni at least called Jenna by her name though Jenna only called Toni Blondie. Yeah that got rather annoying. Nothing like Beau calling her princess. Now Toni liked Princess as a nickname. It just fit.

"Well being single isn't all bad. But you'll find someone. There are plenty of Hufflepuffs. Wednesday's in Hufflepuff. She is an odd ball but she is indeed in Hufflepuff" Toni said laughing a small bit as she thought of her friends odd yet entertaining behavoir.

Toni stopped to look at a very nice purple and pink flower. As she leaned over and gave it a small smell before smiling at the scent. "Sadly I don't know many other Hufflepuffs" Toni said thinking that she knew Libby but she wouldn't recomment Libby to anyone.

"Well if its cool, I wouldn't mind meeting Wednesday. If she's an odd ball well I do consider myself one too sometimes." Derrik tried hard not to laugh out loud to draw attention.

"I feel so weird asking a friend to introduce me to their friend." Its not like Derrik had a problem, he just felt odd about it.

Toni let out a small laugh. Wednesday was going to kill her for trying to to set her up, but still. Toni's face broke into a smile though she had the thought that she had been smiling a bit too much lately. God maybe she was going soft. Pushing that thought out of her head knowing that it normally wouldn't happen.

"I'll set something up" Toni said "Maybe we can all go get some icecream a group and Wednesday will tag along. God she loves sweets as much as me" Toni said thinking about how the two of them went into the kitchens and ate so many brownies it wasn't funny.

Though when Derrik called Toni a friend it was sort of odd. Another Hufflepuff friend. Yet Toni considered him a friend to. "Don't feel odd at all. I'm good at this sort of thing even though I'm hopeless at taking my own advice in these matters" Toni said wishing that sometimes she would.

Thinking about a few things, flying and quidditch popped in her head, probably because Sam always seemed to be on her mind. "Are you planning on trying out for Quidditch?" Toni asked.

"Oh please. Don't make me laugh so hard. I'm not much of the sporty type but I will go to games though. I can get really crazy when it comes to a game."

Derrik did like Quidditch. He did know that Sam always looked for things about Quidditch so maybe when they had a game, he'd go watch and see how good he is.

A smile spread across Toni's face. "Not a sporty one. I should have know" She teased. Though Toni had actually heard that only second years and above could make the team. This saddened her but still she had hopes that she could be an extra, if only.

"Well I'll probably be at those games but you'd be sure we would probably be cheering for different teams" She said smiling a bit thinking about watching her first school quidditch match and hoping that it would be so exciting. Qudditch was always exciting.

"So you don't even like to fly?" Toni asked thinking that Derrik may be the second person she knew that didn't care for flying but maybe he just didn't like quidditch. Toni twirled a piece of her hair for a moment before letting it fall back into place just the slightest bit more curly.

"Actually, I thought flying was kind of cool. But I think in the school's rule book, first years are not allowed to have brooms which kind of suck. What about you?" Derrik didn't want to be the only one who cared about flying.

To him, flying was a way to get rid of every thought in his mind. He would let his broom take him everywhere and anywhere his heart would desire.

Toni smiled brightly. "Maybe you aren't hopeless after all" She teased. It was always a good thing when someone liked flying. "But I love flying. But many first years do have brooms" Toni thought wishing she had one. Using a school broom was rather shaming in her opinion but Toni chose to get a cat instead of a broom. Usually she would have gotten both but her father said that she had to learn the value of a galleon. My parents are idiots Toni thought absentmindedly. Why would they even think cutting her off would make her spend less money. Toni would always get her way in that matter.

"Though I'm not fond of that up command" Toni said thinking back to her bruised hand from just attempting it.

Derrik laughed. He liked the fact that someone else did like flying just as much as he did. But Derrik began thinking about the whole up command.

"Yeah. I didn't really like the up command either. It hurt a lot. My hand is still slightly recovering from it." Derrik started messaging his hand.

Toni let out a small laugh as she noticed Derrik rubbing his hand. "Yep my hand is still bruised" Toni said holding out her pale hand except for the big bruise in the center. "I iced it for like an hour up in the dorm" Toni said laughing a bit.

"I just hope we move to actually flying soon" Toni added thinking how they didn't even fly one bit. She really just wanted to get up into the air and feel the wind in her hair as odd and stupid as that probably sounded.

Toni smiled slightly though as her thoughts drifted. Shaking her head and getting her thoughts back in order she thought about something else rather random "Hey have you seen a house elf yet. I went into the kitchens and didn't see any" Toni said thinking about how that was one of her goals to find a house elf.

Derrik thought for a moment before speaking. "No I haven't. I had no idea that they'd be in the kitchen but that would be something I'd like to see really." Derrik took out his hand and pretended his was writing on paper and spoke in a somewhat sophisticated way:
"Things to do before leaving school this year: See a House Elf."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back