Just Talking In A Garden

Toni let out a small laugh "I'll hold you to that promise" Toni said hoping that loads of people she find out she was hanging out with Hufflepuffs. It would totally kill Toni's image, the image she had worked so hard on. When Derrik got up to stretch, Toni too stood up taking her head band out, as her blonde hair fell to her face. She carefully put the headband back in adjusting her hair once more.

"Well I think I can stay for a bit more" Toni said thinking about how she rarely actually wondered the gardens. Also this may be the perfect time to completely clear her mind. "That is of coarse if you don't mind my company for a bit longer." Toni added.

"Well like I said, I understand if you have other things to do. I mean I can always go to the library or something like that." Derrik ruffled his hair once more.

"But if you'd like to stay for a bit longer, well then be my guest." Derrik bowed in respect as if they were in a ball.

Toni shook her head slightly "Believe it or not I don't have anything else to do" Toni said thinking about all the things she should do, talk to Sam, talk to Beau, straighten things out, yet something inside Toni knew that she wasn't going to even if she had nothing else to do. Toni was content with not messing with everything and that meant keeping her mouth shut.

Laughing a bit as Derrik did a small bow. "Oh what a gentlemen. You would be a perfect dance partner" She teased as she pushed a small piece of her hair behind her ear. "But if you'd rather spend you're time in the library before spending time with me than be my guest" Toni said

"Well then, shall we move along then?" Derrik moved out of the way and swayed his hands to show the path ahead. He was always a gentleman deep down.

Toni let a small smile appear on her lips. "We shall" She said as she started on the path. The garden was actually quite beautiful when Toni was willing to actually look at it. Though it wasn't as nearly as beautiful as her and Sam's spot in which they carved their names in the tree or even Beau and her's spot in which they spent the whole day skating and a bit more. Though in it's own way the garden was nice.

As she walked down the path she would stop ever once and awhile to see a certain flower. "So are you the first of your family to come to Hogwarts?" Toni asked as she stopped at a purple flower to take in the scent.

"Actually," Derrik began "My mom was also a student here. She used to tell me stories and I would believe her just to make her happy and stuff. But then when I came home one day, I saw the acceptance letter and I went histericle." Derrik laughed at the flash back.

Toni listened as Derrik told her that his mother was a student here. Listening she continued to walk her shoes making the slightest clicking sound when she did. As she remembered her own acceptance letter and how a smug smile on formed on her face that day. "I'm the first of the family" Toni said thinking about how she wouldnt' be for long.

"My mother went to Salems then transfered to Hogwarts Scotland. My father went to Hogwarts Scotland his whole life. I'm the oldest of my crazy amount of siblings so luckily I'm the first" Toni said smirking almost in a smug way as she thought about how grateful she was to be the first, how it made her feel almost important.

Derrik looked up at the sky. A few birds flew by in flocks. Derrik thought that it was cool to be the first in the family.

"Oh that's cool. How did you're parents take it when you got accepted? When I got accepted which I might of mentioned already, I loved it. Honestly I didn't think that I would be able to come to a school like this."

Toni tried to remember her parent's expression. "They were pissed" Toni said letting out a small laugh. "They both wanted me to go to Hogwarts Scotland." Toni explained though she wanted to take another path. She wanted to break the mold.

"It is an amazing school isn't it" Toni said smiling as she glanced up at the castle in which they took there classes. "What is your favorite place in the school?" Toni asked randomly.

Derrik laughed at Toni's response.
"Well sometimes it's good for change. I too was from the UK but I decided for myself that I want to go to a different school. I didn't really have many friends where I lived before anyway and by me being here, it's given me a new look for other places."

"For the moment I don't really have a favorite place but for the moment, it would have to be this garden. It's just so beautiful to be surrounded my natures beauty."

Toni was glad that Derrik laughed at her answer. Most people when Toni told them that just sort of gave her that odd look. Smiling as Derrik said she was from the Uk. Toni wondered how many others were from the UK. Sam and Beau were from teh Uk too but Toni pushed that out of mind.

Though Toni smiled at Derrik's response to his favorite place "God you are such a hufflepuff" Toni teased pushing him playfully. "I guess I am the total opposite. I think I like the dungeons the best. Not too crowded" Toni explained.

Derrik smiled. "Now Now Toni. I do have a dark side as well. I'm not just all hugs and kisses." He couldn't help himself but laugh. Derrik tried to keep a serious note on it but just couldn't help it.

"Hey, do you know if you're friends would want to come along with us?.....Or are they the house extreme types?"

Toni tried not to laugh as Derrik spoke but it was extremely hard to keep a straight faces. Soon or a later Toni broke out in a small fit of laughter. "A dark side?" Toni managed to say. "That's funny. A hufflepuff with a dark side. Maybe I will just have to wait and see that some time" Toni said her voice hinting on teasing of coarse.

As Derrik asked if her friends would want to come along Toni thought about it. "Some would come like Knight, Sam, Wednesday and those types but not Beau. Beau wouldn't come on a bet" Toni said smiling slightly. "We could have a full group outting as long as Jenna isn't invited" Toni said hoping that wouldn't be offensive to Derrik.

"Oh well that's sounds just great. Maybe we can find a day that we all have off from classes and just have a big hang out. Honestly, if you don't want Jenna to come then I won't invite her, I promise but then again wouldn't Sam need to know as well? Because I have a feeling that he would invite her..."

Derrik understood that there were some problems between the girls but if Toni had things going on, then Derrik wouldn't stir up any trouble.

Toni actually liked the idea of a big hang out as long as her image wasn't hurt too much when she went out with a few hufflepuffs. She would just have to have a huge attitude a few days after that and everyone would forget the whole ideal. Sounded ok for Toni.

Though as Derrik said that Sam would invite Jenna, Toni's stomach flipped. Sam probably would. "Wait why would Sam invite Jenna? Do they hang out a lot?" Toni asked before she could catch herself. Maybe it was that she didn't trust Jenna completely.

Yet Toni really wanted to know how close Sam and Jenna really were.

"Honestly, from my understanding they don't talk to each other and I dont really know. I'm pretty sure they don't." Derrik put an upset face on to say that he was sorry and really didn't know.

Derrik was thinking "Why did I bring this up? I knew it was bad!"

Toni gave a small smile "Sorry I even asked. I shouldn't. It doesn't matter" Toni said trying to dismiss it. She was the idiot who told Jenna the secret that could possibly ruin Sam and her relationship. It was Toni's fault. Yes she regretted telling Jenna but she didn't regret what she did.

Though Toni felt really bad that she made Derrik feel odd. "Well if Sam asked why Jenna is not invited then we are just going to have to invite her. She wouldn't say anything bad about me when I'm there" Toni said laughing a little bit.

"Well what happened between you to that if Jenna said something, that it could break you and Sam apart?" Derrik was worried that this problem wouldn't go away and he wanted to help out just a little bit.

"I mean, if you don't want to talk about it that's fine. But if you want it to get resolved you can't keep it bottled in. That's bad..." Derrik ruffled his hair like he always did.

Toni smiled slightly "Derrik you are too nice" She said meaning that she really didn't deserve. Though Toni really didn't want to spread it around. It was bad enough that Jenna knew. She didn't want everyone to know for Sam's sake. "I just was upset and told Jenna something. That something could ruin my relationship with Sam" Toni said sighing slightly.

"It's not important. If Jenna keeps her mouth shut, no one will know and everything will be ok" Toni said if my guilt doesn't kill me first She thought. "sorry to throw my problems on you" Toni said smiling slightly

"It's alright. I just have the thing inside of me to help people. I find it wierd. But if its really bothering you then maybe you should tell Sam about it before Jenna would tell him. I think it would be better if he heard it from you other than him but then again...I don't know the whole story so maybe you shouldn't tell him."

Derrik was turning into his own Dr. Phil.

Toni shook her head. She wasn't giving this anymore thought. "I'm not telling Sam" She said her voice strong and confident. She wasn't going to ruin everything. Plus Beau was going to keep it a secret. All she had to do was keep Jenna quiet.

"Thanks for trying but let's talk about something less awful" Toni said smiling slightly. "Think of a topic" Toni said letting out a small laugh. "I can't think of anything right now" She said her thoughts swirling. Maybe she should tell Sam.

"I'd like to know more about Sam. He seems like a nice guy but I havn't really gotten a chance to talk about him....can you describe him more to me?" Derrik wanted to know more about Sam other than the fact that he was with someone and that he was his room mate.

Toni smiled as Derrik said he wanted to know more about Sam. "Sam is the best" Toni said smiling brightly as she pushed a piece of her blonde hair behind her ear. "He is kind, and romantic. He loves quidditch" Toni said thinking about how Sam wanted to be a Chaser. "No one gets how he ended up with me" Toni said thinking how many people disliked her but everyone loved Sam. That made this all the more difficult.

"You'd like him. Hufflepuffs" Toni added the last part rolling her eyes playfully. Though talking about Sam made Toni's guilt feel even worse. "I chea" Toni began but bit her tongue. Looking at the ground at how she almost just blew everything by saying something she would regret. "So I don't remember if you ever said if you had an eye on a certain girl?" Toni said being her nosy self with relationships.

"Well to be honest, there was this one person but I don't think I want to be with her. And I'm sure if I mention her name you'd probably be like, "Oh How could you think of it?". So yea, at the moment i'm single...." Derrik ruffled his hair once more. This ruffling had turning into more of a habbit and somewhat of a sign of some sort. His face now was a little shlumpy. ((Is that even a word ??))

Toni listened hoping for some details. "Wait no I promise I won't say that" Toni said. She made her eyes really wide and tilted herself to the side. her face formed in a small puppy dog pout. "Who is it" She asked hoping that he was going to tell her. After all very few people could turn down Toni's puppy dog face. It was a rare occasion if they did.

Toni wondered if he would actually tell her though as she waited names of every girl she knew rushed through her mind trying to pin one with Derrik.

((I'm not sure if that is a word but oh well))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back