Just Talking In A Garden

Derrik Agile

OOC First Name
Luis
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn
Derrik decied to go outside for once. Since his arrival at Hogwarts he hadn't really been given the chance to get out and look around. Derrik noticed that there was a Garden with a few benches made out of stone.

"Hm....I think I'll just stay out here for a bit. This spot looks nice." Derrik took a seat and gazed up at the clouds that began passing by. He always seemed to have a soft side for things that seemed so beautiful in its natural area. He closed his eyes and took in a breath of air.

Toni was not really fond of the outdoors. Though she had seemed to be spending a bit of time outside anyway. She just liked to think a lot lately and after the last time in the North Tower talking with Jenna, Toni was ready to go by herself and relax.

Walking to the gardens, Toni wore her Slytherin uniform. Her long blonde hair neatly in a headband. Trying to look her best she also threw in some Slytherin earrings that she had gotten. Looking around at the flowers around the garden. Though Toni soon learned that she wasn't alone afterall. There was a boy sitting on a stone bench.

"Hey" Toni said walking over and taking a seat. Toni wasn't sure she had met this boy before, but she was glad it wasn't someone else that would confuse Toni's thoughts more. "I'm Toni by the way" She said turning to face the boy.

As Derrik sat there. He heard some unfamilar footsteps and then he heard a girl talk. He opened his eyes to see a beautiful girl about his age.

"Hi. Nice to meet you I'm Derrik." He turned and looked at her.

"Of course I assume you're a student here?" he said as he placed a crooked smirk on his face.

Toni smiled. The boy seemed nice enough. She wondered what house he was in but decided not to ask. Once Toni knew the house of a person she was a bit hesitant about the person. Just don't be in hufflepuff I can't stand to be nice to anymore Hufflepuffs Toni thought.

"Nice to meet you Derrik" Toni said. Crossing her legs as the Uniform skirt flowed over her legs. "And yes I am a student here. First year Slytherin Actually" Toni said wondering why she brought up houses again. Did she always have to do that?

Derrik almost lost himself to a choke when Toni had said Slytherin. Derrik wasn't a big fan of them but he learned to cope with them.

"I'm a first year too. I thought I would be placed into Gryffindor but I was placed in Hufflepuff. I kind of hated it at first but I look it as fate. The Sorting Hat places everyone in the house they belong in." Derrik ruffled his hair a bit due to a slight itch.

Toni was expecting Derrik's reaction when Toni said Slytherin. Unless people knew Toni they didn't expect the young girl to be in Slytherin. Though once Toni got on one of her rants everyone would understand Slytherin was the house for her.

"Hufflepuff?" Toni said rolling her eyes. "I swear I seem to attract so many dumb Hufflepuffs" Toni said realizing that she probably shouldn't of said that. Toni looked over at him "Sorry" She added "Some Comments just sort of slip out sometimes" She said adding a small laugh.

"So" Toni said trying to direct the conversation away from houses "What brings you to the garden?" Toni asked looking over at a big red flower next to her for a moment before returning her mind to the conversation at hand.

"Oh...it's alright. I understand. It happens to me every now and then." Derrik began answering Toni's other question.

"Well I never really had a chance to come outside because of my classes and stuff so I figured since I have some time, I'd thought I'd explore the school's grounds until I found this garden. It just seemed peaceful and welcoming. I kind of have a soft spot for things that look so beautiful in the natrual habitat."
Derrik noticed that he was ranting.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to rant off." He slouched a little bit.

Toni just passed off the comment realizing or at least hoping that it wasn't taken to heart. Toni said things like that all the time. It just seemed to slip out. Though as she had been going out with Sam she was trying to at least give Hufflepuffs a chance. Except for Jenna. Toni just couldn't believe that girl right now. Jenna was threatening to tell Sam about well Toni didn't want to think about what Jenna was thinking about telling Sam.

Though as Toni listened to Derrik's answer she leaned back slightly pushing her hair to the right side of her shoulder. "The gardens are nice when you need to think" Toni said remembering that Isabella had said the towers were the same. That proved to be wrong.

"And don't worry rants aren't always bad" Toni said letting out a small laugh "Get me on fashion and I can talk for hours" Toni said smiling "Enjoying classes though?" Toni asked trying to keep the conversation going. If there was one thing she hated it was an odd silence.

"Yeah. That's kinda true about gardens. They just seem to have some sort of energy that draws you to think. It's weird yet I like it. As the school, the first week isn't that bad. I thought that it would be so rough. Some teacher would be like here, I want this 1 million page essay done in 2 days. I can't stand that. Drives me nuts to wrap my head around that."

Derrik didn't want to hog all of the air. "What about you? How are your classes going?"

Toni smiled "Yeah well actually I was kind of glad I was not alone in the gardens. Don't want to be lost in my thoughts" Toni said shaking her head but not saying any more on that topic. She wasn't going to tell the whole Hufflepuff community what she had done.

"Not much of a nature person, but I do sort of like the flowers" Toni said as she reached over and touched the big red flower wanting to pick it but knowing that it was just too pretty to pick. Listening to Derrik as she went on about classes she let out a few laughs.

"Oh I absolutely hate essays. Though the first week is a bore. I swear if I had to stand up and introduce myself one more time" She said smiling slightly. How she hated introductions. They were just so boring. Standing up saying your name, house and where you were from. Boring....

Toni twirled her hair in her two fingers for a moment.

"Yeah the same thing here. I was starting to get sick of standing up and introducing myself. I think I'm gonna make a poster with all my information on it and make my life easier in class." Derrik laguhed at himself for the idea.

"So..." Derrik went brain dead after that. He couldn't think of another subject. He hated when he couldn't think of anything to talk about.

Toni thought about the idea of someone just holding up and holding up a poster with the information on it. "I like the poster idea. I'll keep that in mind for next semester" Toni said smiling slightly. Why do Hufflepuffs have to be so nice Toni thought wishing that she didnt' get along with some certain hufflepuffs. The other Slytherins were going to think she was soft.

When Derrik seemed to run out of topics Toni looked down at her shoes for a moment then back up. "So have you made friendly with loads of the other puffs" Toni asked using the term that Sam had used all the time for Hufflepuffs.

"Well..I knew a few people but not many. I think I know Sam. I meet him in the Boy's Dormitory when we first got here. So we're sort of friends. And there is this one girl named Jenna but I havn't talked or seen her in a while. So I don't know what's going on with her. I'm sure she's got her stuff to deal with."

Derrik looked around at the other flowers and noticed that a butterfly had just flew by. It landed on one of the flowers and then suddely landed in the palm of his hand.

"Oh...would you look at that?" Derrik was very quite. He didn't want to scare off the creature. The butterfly had bright colors and looked like it was at the peak of its health.

Toni smiled even more brightly when Derrik mentioned Sam. Though her smile faded when her thoughts of everything came back to mind. Shaking them out she tried to pay attention to Derrik. "Oh Jenna yeah" Toni said her voice full of dislike. Jenna was going to blow her secret. She was going to ruin everything with her and Sam. "Yeah but Sam's nice. We are sort of a thing actually" Toni said normally a girl might of blushed in this sort of situation but not Toni.

As the butterfly appeared and landed on Derrik's palm, Toni watched in rather utter amazement. "Wow" She said her voice soft. "you must have thing for animals" She added her voice still soft as she thought about Sadie, her cute kitten up in the dorm.

"Do you have a pet?" Toni asked her eye sight on the beautiful butterfly.

"Awww...that's cute. I'm sort of looking around for someone but I'll wait till everything takes its course." Derrik tried to wisper so the butterfly wouldn't fly away.

"At the moment, I don't have a pet but I want one. I'm thinking of getting an Owl but I don't want to go alone and stuff so I'm trying to find someone to come along with me when I don't have any classes."

"Do you have one?" Derrik didn't want to be the only to talk about stuff.

Toni smiled softly as she watched the butterfly. She wasn't one for nature but she was pretty sure that butterflies didnt' normally land on people's palms. Though when Derrik said it was cute she wasn't sure if he was talking about the butterfly or something else. It didn't matter. Though his next comment was cute. She looked up at him for a moment before turning back to the butterfly.

"Shopping is my thing" Toni said holding back a laugh not wanting to scare away the butterfly. "So if you ever need help. I'm you're girl" Toni said thinking how she dragged Sam about shopping. Her voice was still soft.

"Oh I have a kitten named Sadie" Toni said thinking about her cute kitten back in the dorm. "She's an angel though quite friendly" Toni said "But she takes up the whole bed" A small laugh escape from Toni's mouth gladly not scaring away the butterfly.

The butterfly must of thought that he had overstood his stay and flew away. "Really? Well that's good. I'll make sure that if I want to get something, I'll bring you along or take your advice."

Derrik laughed. "A cat taking up the whole bed? She must be a little anoying hm? But I'm a cat lover so I don't have much against them ."

As the butterfly flew off, Toni closed her eyes and made a wish. She wished that all these things that she had done would blow over without too much harm. Opening her eyes she glanced over at Derrik. "Yes I am the shopping queen" Toni said thinking about how she spent so much money shopping it was lucky that she could spend her parents money whenever she wanted.

"Yes Sadie can take up the whole bed when she wants to" Toni smiled thinking about how sometimes the cat would even find spot on Toni's pillow making Toni wake up with a scare. "No not annoying you get used to it" Toni said absentmindedly.

"Oh a cat lover" Toni said pegging Derrik as one. "Well you should totally get a cat then. You can use the owls in the owlery. Or you can get a puffskein" Toni said thinking about her friend Wednesday's puffskein. That thing was huge.

Derrik didn't mind that he was pinned as a cat lover. It was true that he had a thing for cats.
"Well sometimes, I'd like to have an owl for myself. I think it would be easier for me some how."

Derrik had remembered that when he mentioned Jenna's name, Toni steered clear of the conversation.
"So is there anything wrong with you and Jenn? I mean it's okay if you don't want to talk about it. I just get concerned for people that's all." Derrik looked up at the sky. A few clouds passed over the sun.

Toni nodded "Yeah I guess. I have no reasons to write or send letters so I guess I have no use for an owl" Toni said thinking about how she was only going to write a few letters home just to tell her family and her siblings that she was alive.

Though once Jenna's name was brought up again, Toni shrugged at first. "You're sweet" Toni said "But Jenna is well not the best person in the world" Toni said not the nicest person in the world is an understatement Toni thought almost bitterly. "I was just so upset one day I let a secret spill and now she is threatening to tell Sam" Toni said wishing that she hadnt' said Sam's name.

"Forget it" Toni said looking away at a moment trying to get everything out of her mind for a moment.

"Ah.....I see....Well Jenna doesn't have the right to tell him no matter what it was. Plus to me that just mean...."
Derrik didn't want to stay on the subject and didn't dare want to upset Toni.

"So, what do you plan on doing later on in the week? Maybe we can hang out or something. Get some ice cream and just hang out."

Toni was glad that Derrik didn't push the topic any further. "Thanks" She said quietly not knowing if Derrik could even hear her. Maybe Toni wasn't the bad person in the situation with her and Jenna though she didn't want to think about who was the right and wrong person. Pushing all the thoughts back, she listened to Derrik.

"Besides Classes I don't think I have anything planned" Toni said smiling as he asked if she wanted to go hang out. Maybe Toni wasn't always going to be friendless. Though the thought of him being a hufflepuff clung close. She pushed that aside as well. "Ice cream sounds great" Toni said smiling.

"A hufflepuff making friends with a slytherin who would have thought?" Toni said though her voice was all in good fun and for once she meant nothing by the statement.

"Well I see nothing wrong with other students from other houses to be friends. I look at it as a house where you were placed. All that other stuff, poeple believe it because of the founders. I mean don't get me wrong, I love the founders of the school but sometimes people go to the all out extreme with houses." Derrik explained.

Derrik was sure that he could've said something wrong.

Toni listened to Derrik's talk about the founders. Sure Toni realized that she could have some friends in other houses but her loyalities would always remain in Slytherin. It was just how Toni's mind set worked. "I'm one of those people that go extreme with houses" Toni said crossing her arms over her chest for a moment trying to look mad. She could pull it off rather well.

After a few moments a small smile spread of Toni's lips though. "I do take houses seriously and truthfully I would usually not speak to you at all since you are in Hufflepuff. Maybe I am just going soft" Toni said smiling still. "Just don't tell any of the slytherins" She warned playfully

Derrik laughed and smiled.
"Don't worry. I promise I won't tell anyone about us talking." Derrik got up to stretch.
"Hey do you wanna walk around the garden to stretch and maybe talk some more? Or do you have some other things to do?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back