Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bi
Wand
12 1/2 Inch Cherry Wand with Billywig Stinger Core
Abian was trying not to let the lack of pink roses or dates to the dance get to him. He was determined to have fun tonight, even if he was on his own. The Hufflepuff had dressed up nicely for the dance and was looking forward to dancing and hopefully spending time with his friends tonight. He knew his sister had a date, so he was keeping an eye out for her too. He really hoped she had a nice time, as Aisa was often a bit quiet and he didn't really expect her to go with anyone. Abian smiled as he entered the great hall, taking in the decorations for moment before making his way to one of the snack tables. He grabbed a cupcake and took a bite, leaning on the table a bit. He was scanning the room for anyone to spend time with, but figured he might as well go dance soon even if he didn't have anyone to dance with. Tonight, he wasn't going to worry.

Amaya had plans to meet with Kace before too long, but there was one thing on her mind. Feeling determined, she went to the dance early in search of someone she hadn't seen in a long time. It wasn't hard to find him, but it took her a moment to gather the courage to face him. "Abian?" She asked, biting her lip as she stepped up next to him.

Abian was enjoying his cupcake, but then froze in place as he spotted Amaya heading his way. He hadn't expected her to approach him, sure she was busy with her annoying boyfriend. He felt his stomach drop as she headed over, and quickly placed the rest of his cupcake back down on the table. He brushed the crumbs off his suit, then looked at her. "Hello." He said a little stiffly. He had gotten a rose he'd assumed was hers, but hadn't known what to do with it. It was true that he missed her, but that didn't take away the problems between them.

Amaya bit her lip, looking away. She hadn't really thought this through. "How... How are you?" She asked softly, looking up at him nervously. There were a hundred things she wanted to say to him, but she didn't know how. Or if she should

Abian felt both sad and frustrated, and he kind of wished Amaya hadn't seen him. He didn't like not talking to her, but he felt like he had a good reason to. Things had gotten so messed up, the fight with Amaya and Kace had even been the catalyst to him and Emily breaking up, though he knew Amaya couldn't know that, unless Emily told people , which he doubted. "I'm fine." He told her, not looking at her.

Amaya bit her lip, stepping closer. "Abian?" She tried again, softly. "Please." She set her hand lightly on his arm, looking up at him from under her lashes. "Is... is there any way I can make things right?" She pleaded gently, brushing her fingers over his. "I really miss you," She murmured softly.

Abian stepped away from Amaya, shaking his head. "This isn't the time or place." He told her, still not looking at her. "Amaya, you're here with your boyfriend. The one you chose instead of me." He reminded her. "Sorry, it was an either-or choice, you can't have it both ways and I told you that." He said. "You're not the one who has to make things right." He added. "Though if you dumped him and we both forgot about the jerk together, that would help." He knew that wasn't entirely fair, but he had too many bitter emotions tangled up in all this. "I miss you too, but I can't do this." He said honestly. "I can't just forget about it."

Amaya could feel her shoulders slump. "But I can never find you anywhere else," She managed before he continued. "I didn't choose anyone," She tried softly, biting her lip. She looked away, wrapping her arms around herself and fighting to hold back the tears in her eyes. "So that's it then?" She tried to take a calming breath. "You get in a fight and then I'm forced to choose between my best friend and the boy I love?" She sighed shakily. "Either he breaks my heart or you do. There has to be a better option than that." She stepped back, slightly, trying her hardest not to cry.

Abian sighed at Amaya, growing frustrated. "We share classes, Amaya, you see me every day." He told her shortly. "You chose to be with him after all that, and that's fine... for you. But I'm not just going to forget everything." He said, shaking his head. "I'm sorry, but I can't." As Amaya continued to talk, Abian grew only more frustrated. "I didn't get into a fight." He snapped at her. "Your boyfriend was the one who was fighting. I just tried to talk to him and he assaulted me. I didn't even fight back. I'm sick of you acting like we both did equally crappy stuff." He said, throwing his hands up in exasperation for a moment. "I'm sorry Amaya, you can't ask me to just forget about that." He said, feeling a pang of guilt as he saw how upset she was. "This whole mess... I never asked for it either. It ended my relationship, did you know that? We argued about it and broke up." He shook his head. "I just... pretend i'm cool with him." He said firmly. "And if you choose to be with him, you're choosing that."

Amaya sighed. "Sure, I see you. But every time I try to talk to you, you ignore me." She bit her lip, her resolve wavering the more this dragged on. The more he talked, the more it hurt, until finally she just stood there with her shoulders slumped and her head hung. "I won't make excuses for him," She managed after a moment. "I know he messed up. We fought about it too. A lot." She sighed, hugging her arms tighter around herself. "I'm sorry I ruined your relationship. I'm sorry I ruined ours. Other than the one fight with you, I... he... he's generally a really good guy. We were kids, we are kids, and I know that doesn't excuse what happened."

She took a few steps away, trying to hide that she was starting to cry. "I... I'll leave you alone. I just... I just wanted you back. You and Kace are all I have. No one else sees me. No one cares. I thought... I thought you did, but... I guess I was wrong again," She bit her lip hard, turning and trying to hurry away so she could cry in peace and nurse her broken heart back together. She knew she would probably tell Kace, even if she probably shouldn't. And the thought that she didn't know how he would react worried her a little.

What frustrated Abian most about this conversation was how Amaya didn't seem to understand she had also hurt him, that it wasn't entirely out of her hands. She had chosen to be with a guy who had treated him badly, and had treated her badly too. "You fought about it, but you're still with him." He said. "Has he even apologized to you?" He asked her, frowning. "Him saying you shouldn't talk to your friends about him was way out of line." But he didn't want to get into it more. Amaya wasn't understanding him, at least not completely. He sighed as she said he and Kace were all she had, and turned away from her. It felt like she was trying to guilt him into forgetting this, which just made him feel worse. He didn't look at her as she walked away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back