Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
??
Wand
Knotted 9 Inch Flexible Cherry Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Leia was beginning to loathe these events and have to attend herself, she’d spotted people in her year group with dates to this thing, even with friends at these things but she just didn’t have that. Perhaps when she’d been sorted she should’ve tried to push for a different house, for a house where she wouldn’t end up always having to be the best. Leia however knew that she liked slytherin. She couldn’t have been in Gryffindor like her brother or Hufflepuff like her sister. She didn’t want that at all. The slytherin just had to make do and be bored and alone at these events. Perhaps Jett was about, or Maj. She could handle seeing them. She had to assume that Luxen wouldn’t be. He seemed very much to be keeping to himself. Which was frustrating, they were friends - or whatever was his version of being friends. But now he just wasn’t around. The slytherin walked into the great hall and went straight for a drink. She took some pumpkin juice and just watched the dancing happening in front of her. Feeling decidedly jealous of all the couples.

Out of all the Hogwarts events, the Valentine's dance was one Lucas felt the most nervous about. He didn't really know anything about romance or dating, and it felt like the event was about all that. It felt to him like it was more something for the older students, those who were now dancing close together on the dance floor. But then again, plenty of people in their year were going, some even together. He'd seen Clara with Lumio, and had decided to leave them alone for now. He felt a little strange about seeing them together, but then reminded himself of the rose Lumio had sent him which made him feel a bit better. Lucas had just grabbed himself some punch, which was very sweet. He spotted a girl standing nearby, one from his year. He hesitated, then headed over to her. "Hello." He told her. "You're... Leia, right?" He asked, though he was pretty sure he was right. They had been in classes together, after all.

Leia’s gaze narrowed as she looked to the boy that joined her. He seemed to know who she was, and admittedly she was also vaguely aware of who he was. ”Yeah,” she replied, ”And you’re Lucas..right?” she replied, it took her a moment to find his name, she knew he had a name with the same first letter as her own name, and from that it had just been to figure out what the rest was. She resisted the urge to ask him what he was doing, why he was suddenly speaking to her. ”Are you waiting on someone?” she asked, knowing the question was a little rude, but she didn’t know this boy, and she was always a little suspicious of people when they just randomly spoke to her at an event like this.

Lucas was a little surprised by the look the girl gave him. He'd just tried to be friendly, but she didn't seem too pleased. He gave her a nervous smile, though at least her knowing his name was a good sign. "Yeah, that's me." He said, glancing around. "And no, not really. Was just looking for someone to talk to." He admitted. "My friends are here together as dates, and now I'm just kind of here." He shrugged again, not seeming to mind too much. "And we're classmates, so I figured... why not talk to you?" He paused. "Unless you're waiting on someone, I can leave you alone if you want."

Leia listened as he said he had wanted someone to talk to...she had wanted the same, but she’d never be as blunt or honest about it with someone she didn’t really know. She didn’t have friends like he appeared to to say that they were all together as dates. She frowned slightly. And then shook her head at his question, ”None of my friends think this event is cool enough for them to attend.” it was a bit of a lie, she didn’t know where her friends were. ”You can stay, if you want,” she replied, her tone was still a little short but it was better than it had been and she wasn’t moving to actively pushing him away. ”Do you think this event is boring without a partner?”

Lucas didn't get what Leia meant, and laughed a bit. "What? That's silly. Is it cooler to just sit in your dorm room when everyone else is having fun?" He asked, shaking his head. "Thanks." He told her. "I think these events are good for talking to people." He commented, looking over at the dance floor again. "Though some people clearly aren't here to talk." He added, laughing a bit at the sight of older students kissing. It made him feel weird, thinking that in a few years he would be just as hold as those students. The girl's question made him pause. "No, I don't see why you'd need a partner." He said honestly.

Leia shrugged at his words, he was a hufflepuff, of course he would think that, he didn’t get the way Slytherins were. He wouldn’t understand that, so she could hardly blame him for thinking as he did. She thought the events were good for taking to people too, a little, they were better for dancing and she knew as she got older they would be good for dates, but it wasn’t that for now. For now it was just a bit bland. She followed the boy’s gaze to the couple kissing, she didn’t want to say it was gross though she did think that, but the boy clearly had a face that said that he thought it was weird. ”People pair up to come to this….just seems like that’s how you're supposed to have fun. It looks weird to stand on your own, or worse dance on your own,” she said realising that she was calling herself and likely him weird by just standing around alone. She didn’t even go to correct herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back