Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
12 and a half inches willow with unicorn hair
Sara grinned as she reached the Courtyard, she was supposed to be meeting Jake here today, which was brilliant. She really missed him, they hadn't seen each other in a good while, and it was exciting to be seeing him tonight. She was wearing her schooluniform, but she'd spent at least half an hour getting her hair and make up done. She wanted to look good. She'd read about Jake in the gossip magazine that ha emerged in the Great Hall. Read about him hanging out with some girl called Melina La Fleur, who was a sixth year. How was she supposed to compete with a sixth year?

She looked around the courtyard, but Jake wasn't there yet. She hoped he turned up, though she had to stop thinking that way. He liked her, he wouldn't have asked her to the Yule Ball if he didn't. She was just so used to Irish boys and some of them could be so immature and stupid. You'd think she'd have been used to New Zealand by now, but she still felt like there was new things to be discovered every day. She took a seat in one of the stone window slots of the courtyard, hoping Jake would arrive soon. She'd have to ask about the magazine, find out who Milena La Fleur was.

Jake strolled down to the courtyard, on time so far, and fully refreshed from a good night's sleep. Yes, the Slytherin hardly slept, but around once every week, his body would give in and he would sleep for hours. He ran a hand through his black hair, eyes scanning the courtyard for any sign of Sara's familiar face. His eyes quickly feel on the Ravenclaw's and a smile appeared on the boy's pale features. He approached Sara, sitting in one of the window slots, his smile widening as he announced his arrival. "Hey!" he exclaimed, almost appearing out of nowhere.

He hadn't seen Sara, or talked to her since the yule ball, and the invitation to meet up with her was quickly accepted, and here Jake was now, smiling at his Ravenclaw friend. "How have you been?" Jake asked, sitting across from Sara, still sailing widely, newfound energy from his good night's sleep obvious in his difference in appearance, and overall cheeriness.

Sara's face immediately brightened as Jake arrived. The empty courtyard seemed to light up by his very presence. "Hi!" she replied, hugging him. "It's been way too long since I've seen you." she grinned her feet touching the ground again, she wasn't ery tall, practically everyone was at least an inch taller than her, however she liked being that way around Jake. She felt protected, and vulnerabe, but in a good way. "I've missed you." she admitred, biting her lip. She felt she was being slightly too honest. She'd never known how much was too much with boys.

She sat back on her perch as he sat opposite. "Fine, it's been a quiet few weeks. I'm finally realising that maybe..possibly I should be studying more." she replied, smiling. "How about you, any news?" she asked, her head tilted to one side, and her side fringe falling in her face. "Did you read the magazine this morning, it was terrible what they wrote about Kate and Stefan-those are serious issues!" she commented, then returning to what she wanted to ask him, she said; "You were in it too, you, Dante and someone called..Milena? I think it was Melina." she asked, smiling slightly. This could be funny.

Jake hugged Sara back, smiling as he perched himself opposite her, continuing to smile nod as she spoke, however frowning as she finished speaking. This magazine caused the fourteen year old to tilt his head to the side, questioning what Sara had been talking about. Who on earth was Melina and why was Sara asking him about her? A few minutes of silence passed, as Jake processed what was happening, he had slept in past breakfast, so most likely all of this drama had occurred during breakfast? Only Sara would know out of the two, and Jake wasn't about to answer her questions with a lie, it seemed the situation dawned for him to tell the whole truth, and nothing different.

Jake straightened his posture back up, positioning himself to reple to Sara's questions confidently, and most important of all, honestly. "First of all" Jake began, leaning forward slightly. "What magazine are you talking about, and who in gods name is Melina?" he asked, intentionally ignoring what she had said about Kate and Stefan, yes it was unfortunate but he had other things to worry about, like what was actually happening.

Sara smiled at the bemused expression on Jake's face. It was very cute, she watched him, trying to figure out what she was talking about. He quite possibly hadn't read the magazine. Jake probably wouldn't put much interest in gossip. Sara was slightly shocked by the things that were written in the magazine. She didn't think any of it was true, but she felt this person must've been watching very closely. They'd taken parts of the truth and completely changed them around. It wasn't fair on the people involved. She contented herself with watching Jake sitting back up, his dark eyes concentrating on a reply. His hair looked good. It was curly and thick. His eyelashes were incredibly long too, which was incredibly unfair, some guys were so lucky. She'd kill for eyelashes like that.

"Well, first of all-it's a gossip magazine, that was all over the Great Hall at breakfast. It had a load of horrible rumours, about people cheating on each other and so on. The half of them probably aren't true, but this could cause a lot of trouble for some people." she replied, answering his first question. She took slightly longer to answer the second question, twirling her hair through her fingers as she tried to figure out what to say. It was easier just to say it straight out. "Melina La Fleur is a Sixth Year Slytherin who is rumoured to be stringing both you, and my friend Dante Vrael along." she rushed out, hoping it wouldn't have too adverse an effect. It was good to know he wasn't romantically attached to Melina, however much older she was.

Jake had spent a while, thinking about what he and Sara were doing exactly, were they friends? Or did she like him as much as he liked her? Well his feelings could be classified as a crush, but with his luck, Sara just thought of him as a friend. Their date to the yule ball had simply been out of pity, or so Jake believed. Sara was pretty, pretty enough to get a much older, more interesting and just a better guy in general, in comparison to himself, so the question of why she hung around was always looming in the back of Jake's mind. He could go on keeping silent about everything, just as he had been doing throughout whatever it was he and Sara shared. Jake smiled, glad she had even bothered to organise meeting up with him in the first place, even though she was too good for him, in a romantic sense, which showed how kind, and accepting she was of everybody.

He nodded, smiling while Sara replied, explaining to him what was happening. He sighed, nothing she said was true, he didn't even know who this Melina chick was until Sara mentioned her, which made the magazine look incredibly pathetic, and even more untrue than he originally thought. He didn't even know who this Dante person was either, but he didn't like that Sara was talking to another guy. He started to feel nervous, that Sara was only talking to him out of pity, like everybody else was, and this magazine made him look even more pitiful. "Well, none of that's true, okay?" He said, managing to smile at Sara. She was pretty, too pretty for her own good, and Jake knew how much their friendship, whichever way it was, meant to him, because he could talk easily around her, even about that magazine, because if any other of his friends had asked him about it, he would have stormed off. Sara just made him comfortable, in ways unimaginable.

Sara watched Jake, from under her hair. He was such a mystery, and that was part of his attraction for her. He seemed almost protective at times, then at other times, she just couldn't figure him out at all, but he made her laugh, and he made her feel like she was special, like he actucally thought some of the things she said were important. So many people just laughed her off. They thought of her as that Sara Moon, always joking, and messing around, never has anything serious on her mind. That wasn't true, she just didn't like people to see that side of her, it was easier to be the joker, to act as though she sailed through life, but she didn't. She found it just as hard as everyone else. she was just trying to work up the courage to ask Jake what was going on.

"Good, because if it was, Melina La Fleur and I would be having a serious talk." she replied, without thinking, and her cheeks coloured, well-it was about time she asked him, she'd put it off for too long. She took a deep breath and looked up into his puppy-dog brown eyes. "Jake, I like you okay? And I'm..I mean..I'd like to know if you might..possibly.....I mean...Do you like me?" she asked, blushing to the roots of her hair.

Jake perked up at Sara's words, ignoring what she previously said about Melina, his thoughts completely focusing on the fact she liked him. He was stunned, unable to conjure up any words to till the silence, not out of disgust, or anything of the sort, but out of shock. A normal person's reaction would have been to say they liked Sara back, or at least smile, but Jake, he reacted with his jaw hanging open. Sara may have taken it as in insult, however Jake's mouth only hung open a few short seconds, before his gaze fell on the floor. Jake's low self-esteem had lead him into thinking nobody could like him back, especially not a pretty, talented and overall perfect girl like Sara Moon.

He couldn't bring his eyes to meet hers, as his cheeks flushed a light pink, before he mustered up the courage to reply. "Of course I like you." He said, smiling as he finished his sentence while finally moving his eyes back to Sara's. Letting a minute or two of silence pass, Jake ruffled up the hair at the back of his head. "So, what now?" He asked, nerves in his gut over what Sara’s answer may be.

Sara bit her lip, letting her hair fall into her face as she waited for Jake's answer. What if he didn't feel the same? Yeah, they'd gone to the Yule Ball together, but that didn't necessarily mean he liked her. Or at least-not the way she liked him. She wasn't sure what to do, and settled with watching her feet, and shifting the weight from one to the other. "I mean-it's okay if you don't-" she began quietly, but his answer interupted her. "Really?" she brightened, her face hopeful. she raised her face to look him in the eye, not sure what to think. He liked her? Jake Simpson..liked her! She just couldn't believe it.

She grinned at the faint flush on his cheeks. She stepped closer to him to look up into his eyes. "I have no idea." she grinned, watching him, he was so cute when he was confused. She let her inhibitions go, and wrapped her arms around him in a hug. "Jake you have no idea how happy I am." she spoke into his chest, he was much taller than her. She felt like everything was finally coming together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back