Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
12 and a half inches willow with unicorn hair
Sara ran the last few steps out of the Great Hall, and the tears were already streaming down her face. She sprinted out to the Courtyard, hiding her face under a raised arm. There was no one out at this time in the morning, most people were still in the Great Hall eating. She collapsed against the wall of the courtyard, and sat on the wall, hugging her knees. They acted as though her only identity was Kate's sister, and any mention of her was abusive. She had never been Earth-shatteringly confident, but she'd been getting better, and she;d always been good at pretending. Singing, acting-those were the few things she was good at, and she wanted to prove herself, but she didn't know how. All of this was happening at the worst time possible, just after Michael's death. She didn't think she could cope with much more.

It was then, for the first time that Sara Moon let it all out. She let go of her inhibitions and cried, her mascara ran, and her face was tearstained and raw. She didn't know what to do, and sobs racked through her. She'd always had an easy life, but recently everything was falling through her fingers, and no matter how much she scrambled, she couldn't pick up the pieces. she prayed that whoever wrote that magazine knew the pain they ere causing and chose to stop, but she just cried all the harder, because she knew that if they did-they'd find her pain amusing.

The magazine caused quite a commotion in the great hall, Madlyn wasn't surprised that the professor will allowed this to go any longer. She hope whoever wrote such tainted stories would get caught, other then that, she didn't worry much about what they say. She didn't care, because if you showed that you cared they would only come up with more stories for the next issues. Regardless they could say whatever they wanted about her, it's least likely she would make a good stories anyways. So she banished the thoughts of her mind. She left the massive hall, filled up from breakfast and no lesson this morning, she walked out to the courtyard. It was so nice out here, so peaceful. She could see some students coming out were reading the magazine still, Madlyn rolled her eyes at them. They obviously didn't have a life.

She fixed her shirt, smoothing out the wrinkles of her white shirt, she was absolutely alright right now. She had no worries in the world, she glide the stone crested floor to by passed the time. In persuade, she heard someone crying near the wall. She wasn't surprise to see who it was crying on the floor with her knees tucked by her chest. "Why are you crying Sara Moon, you have to be really crying for a good reason" she pray it wasn't because of the magazine, and it would be so stupid to be crying over that. Madlyn stood few feet away, giving her some space, she was most likely to keep walking yet the Ravenclaw girl had all her attention now.

Sara knelt with her knees tucked up to her chest, and tried to calm herself, breathing deeply. She was pretty sure it wan't the magazine that was causing this, it had just given her a reason to let herself go. It was Michael. They'd been close, and now he was gone, and he'd never be coming back. She just couldn't grasp it. He'd been too young-far too young. She sat there, tears streaming down her face, and thought about him-properly. Now just about his last moments, too fleeting and too sad, about the time he'd come and met her in Brightstone, and bought her Shade, so that they could write to each other. She thought of how he'd shown them his transformation into animagus form, and how she'd loved having around the house. It just hurt more, it just made her cry more. She was the eldest, and Michael had been like the older brother she'd never had.

Her thoughts, and crying were interupted by a voice. She looked up to see Madlyn Margera, the prefect who'd caught her in the forbidden forest last year. She had been so sure she'd never get prefect after that, but obviously Madlyn hadn't told anyone. "Oh-hi Madlyn." she replied, wiping her eyes and breathing heavily to regain her breathe. "It's not..what you think it is..that just...sparked things off." she added. "It's..Michael Glass-he was a Professor last year." she tried to explain, hugging herself and staring at the ground. "He was..close to our family and he died during the holidays." she finished, wiping away the newly formed tears at the edge of her eyes. "I know it's stupid, it's been weeks, but I just...I can't stop thining about him." she added as an afterthought- and she risked a small peek at Madlyn, hoping she didn't sound like a idiot. Hopefully she understood-Sara could never imagine the pain she'd gone through, and shuddereed at the thought of ever being without her parents, but maybe Madlyn would understand.

Madlyn was glad it was not because of the magazine. It's like ever since they started printing that trash the school been nothing but a complete mess. What would her father think if he was still living? Probably find the source and give them detention for a year. She would be embarrassed if she went through what they went through, down right embarrassed if her dad was still around. Clearly it wasn't or it had been the pushed that got Sara Moon out here. It was evidence that it was something that bother the young brunette. She was so pretty, so normal. Why cry? Why shed tears so that everyone could see? Madlyn step down to the ground, she sat against the wall right besides little miss Sara Moon.

The words that she spoke made Madlyn's heart flutter obviously not in a good way. She could sympathize when losing someone you care about, she look down at Sara keeping in silence for a little bit. Then she spoke, "It's hard losing someone you cared about, it's like the worst feeling in the world" maybe the most terrifying feeling too. She wish right now she could come up with a few words that would make anyone happy, but it doesn't work that way. Least not for her did, and it bother to think that she had gotten over her dad's death so easily, when in reality she was just trying to function right for the sake of her mom and little sister. "I don't think it's stupid, sorry just thought you were caught up in the magazine trash. Were you close to him? What was he like?" she asked. It was best to talk when you feeling disoriented and a death of a love one could never go away that easily. The dead always have a way to linger around hunting when you least wanted them too.

Sara wiped away her tears. She had no problem with crying-she still had some trouble crying on command, though she was getting better. She found she had to think of upsetting things to make herself cry, so she tried to avoid practising. Still, she didn't like people seeing her weak. Even Jake, even her family. She didn't like it being seen, it made her seem stupid, and pathetic,and vulnerable. She didn't like that. She looked over at Madlyn, hoping her eyes weren't too red. She was sually good at hiding when she was upset, but she'd been afraid to be upset at home. Stefan had held up to well, and her becoming upset would only upset him. She'd spent most of the holidays shut up in her room.

Sara nodded, agreeing with Madlyn's statement. She'd stopped crying, but still had to sniff every now and again. Her breathing was calming also. "I just..Kate and Star, and Ryan-they seem fine..." she said quietly. She didn't want to be weaker than her siblings. She needed to be strong, had to be. What kind of future auror cried like this? She let her hair fall in front of her face as Madlyn spoke. She wasn't sure she could answer her without getting upset. If people saw you upset it gave them an edge, and they would hurt you, that was what people did. "Yes, he lived with us...I was friends with his brother when I was a kid, and then his brother died. We all became much closer to Michael then. He was like my older brother-he used to tease me about boys and warned me about bullies. He wanted me to write to him at least once a week, and sometimes I didn't...I mean he was the only person I could tell about being bullied!" she took a deep breathe. "He bought me my owl-Shade." she finished quietly, she loved Shade, sometimes he visited her in Ravenclaw tower, and she just loved having him around- there were no tears in her eyes now, but she felt...empty..as though now that she'd spewed it all out she didn't know what to feel. "I'm just..going to miss him." she whispered to herself, pulling her knees even closer to her face.

Madlyn observed Sara she stop the tears from flowing, though her eyes were crimson red and her expression stayed almost the same. Madlyn sucked in a breath of air and let it all out slowly. Sounds about the same thing she went through, although she had been strong for a while till she crack from all the emotions and when Briar left it killed her more. "He sounded like a good old friend, sounds like you two were close" she simper a tad at Sara. The pain overtime will heal, it's lucky for her she was brought up prepared if this was ever to happen. Madlyn knew just what to do. She felt inhuman ignoring it however, and that's not good. "It doesn't mean your weak, it mean you love loving and if you don't cry and it builds up I'm afraid it will destroy you more. Let it out, you don't have to stop because of me" she said calming, her voice above a whisper carried loud enough just so Sara could hear. She wanted to say more, she wanted to actually hug the girl. However, Madlyn decided against it, she only hugged Briar and that was all the hugging she would do in school here. Madlyn parted her hair to the side and let her eyes drop in front of her. She decided on this second she would take another fresh breath of air, the somewhat morning weather awoken the part-giant up.

"It's alright to miss, it's never bad to miss someone" she said, "you're always going to miss that person, but look at it this way they will never go away. That's the best party really" she lean to the side, nudge her with a tap, was she being a friend to a stranger? Sounds like it, she felt the need to share her expedience of last year, already almost a year has passed and her dad killed was still fresh in her memories. She looked away, it's hard to not think of him when death become a subject. She sighed. About this time other students piled up the courtyard, they noticed and then Madlyn, she paid mind to her friends if they were here, if they weren't she didn't care for the stairs. "Will you be okay?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back