Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Mahogany Wand 14 inches Essence of Unicorn Hair
Training had taken a bit longer than she was expecting, so by the time Taylor had managed to apparate back to the house, it was already well past midnight. She knew Conan would still be up though, Hina didn't sleep unless her Mama was home, and even though Taylor had tried to wean her out of that, but, so far they hadn't been successful, so Conan had to stay up with her. She yawned, shutting the door quietly behind her. She dropped her broom by the door, she needed to clean it tomorrow as she was far too tired today. She was pretty sure that the practice had only gone as long as it did because the Coach was trying to recruit some new blood, which meant that they had to drill and present, making themselves a worthy team. Taylor had no doubts they'd get a healthy influx though, since she'd been with the team they'd won the championships five times, and they were genuinely good as a team. It helped that they were all determined though, because if they suffered a particularly big loss they all burned their brooms. Taylor had nearly cried the first time that had happened in her first year, she'd loved her broom. It was a strange custom, but it was also a good bonding experience, and Taylor had a really good relationship with the people on the team. Though they were all, except the other beater, younger than her, she got along with all of them. To be honest, Taylor hadn't said anything to anyone yet, but she had her eye on being the coach. Not yet, since she loved being a player too much, but soon. She wouldn't have to deal with all the bullsh*t then.
"Conan?" She called quietly, wondering if he was in the lounge room. She looked in there then and smiled at the sight. Conan was sitting with Hina in his lap reading her a Japanese children's story. Taylor and Conan had read all of these books to their children and supplemented them with some of the ones Taylor had grown up with as well. It was the best way they'd found to make sure their children were bilingual. "Has she been there all night?" Taylor asked, trying not to startle the her youngest, noting that she was almost asleep, though she was likely to wake up the moment Conan stopped speaking.

Conan was tired, but he also knew there was no helping it and that he couldn't very well get to bed until Hinata, their youngest daughter had fallen asleep. And that wasn't really going to happen until his wife got home. He could only thank Merlin that Yuki and the twins were easier to put to bed. You would think that he would have gotten used to the energy levels of children - especially his children - by now after a decade, but nope, they always tired him out at the end of the day. He didn't even need to go to the gym to keep his physical levels up. Nope, it all got down to the kiddies playing tag or playing Papa Horsie. They even make him carry around the house sometimes! He wouldn't have it any other way though which was why he's quite grateful that he could work at home on most days unless he's really needed down at the Japanese ministry. Doesn't happen often thank Merlin. Tonight though, trouble mostly lay with putting the youngest to sleep and well, since she wasn't going to be going to bed and he didn't want to make much noise since the rest of the children were asleep, they settled for reading.
It had taken Hina ages to pick the story she wanted in the library even though Conan had already narrowed down her choices down to four. It was adorable though watching her decide and think really hard on it. In the end, she had decided on Kiki's Delivery Service - one of the Ghibli Studio novels lying around in the library. After carrying her to the lounge room and getting the both of them settled, he begun to read. He wasn't sure how long had passed as he read but he could feel his little girl beginning to fall asleep just as Taylor entered the room. Conan smiled tiredly at her and he nodded and yet didn't falter as he read, though it was already too late since Hina had already seen that her mother was home. "Mama?" the little girl almost whispered tiredly and Conan merely sighed as he stopped reading and stood from the couch, cradling the half-awake child. "Yep, Mama's home," he whispered in Japanese to the young one as he approached his wife and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "Long day?"

Taylor couldn’t even answer Conan as she immediately pulled little Hina into her arms tiredly. Now that she was home the day had hit her hard and she could barely see straight, she was tired and sore, but a few torn muscles and a couple of bruises were worth it if they won the World Cup. She had nothing to complain about, not that she much complained about Quidditch anyway, she never did. She stepped past Conan, squeezing his hand quickly to head into the bedroom with Hina. She wouldn’t take long to actually fall asleep, but she wouldn’t actually sleep until she was sleeping with Taylor in the bed. She didn’t even want to snuggle, just the heavy presence of her mother did it. Taylor wasn’t even quite sure why since she’d not played Quidditch at all in the early years of Hina’s growth, it was only last year she’d gone back, granted Hina was only three, but she still saw Taylor a lot, since they only did training on the weekends and Taylor had no other job. Conan worked during the week day and Taylor on the weekend and so their arrangement usually served them well.
Nearly half an hour passed before she thought it was safe to sneak out and by then it was nearly one in the morning, but she’d had a bit of a quick power nap whilst she’d stayed with Hina and she’d learned to live on barely any sleep back in her OWLs, she was good to go for a couple of hours now. She yawned slightly, maybe revealing that she wasn’t quite as well rested as she wanted to think she was before heading back out to Conan. “Oh, did I tell you I dropped in to see Ai last week?” She asked, curling up in the lounge next to her husband. The news of Ai’s pregnancy had been a bit shocking at first, but she was happy that Ai was happy and safe now, “and I have gossip for you too!” She whispered-yelled, excited and feeling like a kid again. Though Taylor and Jeremiah has not really been friends again after the incident in sixth year and afterwards, they’d been fairly friendly. Conan on the other hand had never forgiven the former Gryffindor. Though she supposed that was fair enough.

Conan smiled as he watched his wife take their youngest to the bedroom to get the little one to settle down. It will be a little while before Hina would be down for the count so the former Hufflepuff opted to stay on the couch to wait for Taylor. He knew that she'd probably come out after their youngest had fallen asleep since they mostly spent their time together after the kids had been put to bed. The man had managed to fall asleep in the process of waiting for his wife however and was roused from sleep when he heard Taylor coming out of the bedroom. Sneaking a glance at the clock, he saw that it was already one in the morning. It would only be in a few hours that one of them would have to get up to start breakfast for the kids that have their lessons in the morning - it's his turn to prepare breakfast. Conan adjusted his position on the couch as Taylor curled up beside him and he wrapped an arm around her, pulling her closer to his side. Her statement stirred his sleepy consciousness though. "Oh? How is she? We haven't visited Nightray manor in a while," he asked. The last time he visited was probably around after Mikael was born. He didn't like hanging around the manor often, not that he had a problem with the place or Ai's husband really - even if the guy used to be, and actually still is, a total ass. But at least Liam was taking good care of his twin, Conan could tell when he had last seen her, Ai was healthy and happy. What he really couldn't stand then was Jeremiah Raven also lived in Nightray manor since he had gotten together with Liam's cousin. He didn't know how Ai could stand being in the same house at the guy really. One thing that Conan definitely shared with Liam would be their loathing for that former Gryffindor. "Gossip huh? Do tell," he said, curiosity lacing his tone. It was rare that Taylor gossiped so, it must be pretty interesting. He was definitely wondering what it was about.

Taylor sighed as she settled further into her husband. He was always so comfy, she wasn't sure why his lap or shoulder was her most favourite place to sleep. She wrapped herself around him and cuddled into to him sleepily. She was glad when Conan made room for her and she lifted her lips sleepily to his cheek to kiss him, though she missed and got his nose instead, which set her in a giggle. "Yeah, she's good..." Taylor yawned and covered her mouth with her hand. "Apparently Jai doesn't write to her either, so I'm glad it's not just me..." She said, thinking about Corey and the fact that he seemed to be averse to anything she asked him to do. Again, she supposed that was mostly her fault. Yuki and Jeri weren't too bad and they usually listened to what she said for the most part, Nata, not so much, as was evidenced by the fact that she never went to sleep until Taylor was physically with her, which she hoped she would grow out of soon. "She's pregnant again, by the way, she looks good... I'm so glad she got with Liam in the end... I never would have been..." she dozed slightly, "never would have been happy if she'd gotten back together with Jeremiah, not after everything that happened." She admitted, sighing and shaking her head. "Speaking of Jeremiah, my gossip pertains to him." She said, sitting up a little to look at Conan. "Apparently, Arianna caught him straying, if you know what I mean, she's kicked him out of the manor!"

Conan could only smile as he felt Taylor kiss his nose. More than a decade of being with her and he was just as in love with her as he had been when they were at school. He remained in his spot while his wife got herself comfortable by his side. It was their nightly routine after the kids had gone off to bed, just cuddle and talk. It was a good way to relax and for them to talk about their day really. Conan hummed as Taylor told him that Ai was doing fine and that Jai was not writing to her just like Corey wasn't writing to them. He wasn't really surprised, Jai was growing to be a mix of Ai and Liam, not much of Raven to be found which was completely fine with the former Hufflepuff. And really, none of them ever wrote home much, not that they had much loved ones to write home to - or had anything to write home about really. But if it really worried Taylor so much, then maybe Conan could send Corey a note telling him to write to his mother. He'd think on that another night maybe. He was woken up slightly though at the news that his sister was pregnant. "That's great," he said still rather sleepily. "Now we definitely have to visit." It would be nice to see Ai again, he could deal with her grumpy husband - besides he and Liam were in a sort of truce anyway. "I'm glad too. I mean, I can't even stand him being in the same house as her, no matter how big that place is," he grumbled. He could still remember finding out that Ai would be living with Raven once more, and though they both knew that once Ai had made up her mind there would be no stopping her, she still reassured him a number of times that the Arianna and her husband lived in a different wing in the manor and they would not have much contact with each other. He had been about to completely dismiss the gossip of his wife because he really did not want to talk about Raven but he was kind of glad he didn't. "Finally!" he said though keeping his voice soft enough as to not disturb the sleeping children. "It's about d*mn time if you ask me," he couldn't care less really who the guy was caught with, just that he was finally out of Nightray manor.

Taylor laughed slightly at Conan. He would always be Ai's protective brother, whether she was thirteen or thirty, though they hadn't really gotten along too well when she was thirteen. Something they didn't often discuss these days. "Yes, it is very big, isn't it?" She asked, wondering what kind of money she would have to earn to buy a place like that, still, she liked their moderate home, and she certainly wouldn't want to give it up for anything else she might get in return. She loved living here with her kids and Conan and it wasn't like she wanted to move, she just sometimes grew tired of having to work hard to understand the people talking around her as she'd never taken very well to Japanese. She could speak it and understand it, but it certainly didn't come as naturally to her as she hoped, and her grasp of the language was sometimes very juvenile. She could only write at an elementary level, which amused Conan to no end and so she'd simply stopped leaving him notes in Japanese and switched to English instead, because he couldn't make fun of her for that. "I'm sure Ai is looking after herself, she's a big girl Conan, as much as you may not want to admit it," she told him, patting him calmly on the arm. She snorted then as he seemed to celebrate the news about Jeremiah and though she was proud of Arianna for kicking Jeremiah to the curb if she was being hurt by him, he was still kind of Taylor's friend and she did hold something of a soft spot for him, even if she wouldn't admit that aloud to her husband. She worried for him and for the twins, who would no doubt not be pleased with this revelation as it would mean they had no access to their father, who Taylor could only assume had moved back in with is brother. Though perhaps his wish to remain near his children, which she knew would be the case, would keep him in England. She knew his sister Grace had an inn somewhere there, he'd told her once, perhaps he'd taken up one of the rooms there. "I agree with you somewhat, but I'm alittle concerned for the girls, they love Jeremiah, I'm not sure they'll be pleased by this and poor Arianna has so much to deal with already."

Conan snorted at Taylor's description of Nightray manor. "Big is an understatement for that place. I still get lost finding the bathroom when we get to visit," he grumbled. Their house was pretty big with its library, study, and a whole load of bedrooms. It was his parents' house and they were pretty well-off before they died, his dad being a novelist and his mom being an actress. Conan and Ai's inheritance had been pretty large, although Ai had pretty much used up all of hers since she moved to Europe or had it stolen all those years ago. Conan got the mansion since his twin had decided to stay in England after graduation. Nightray manor was a whole different level though. The Hufflepuff sighed as Taylor reminded him yet again that Ai was all grown up now. They all were. And they were all capable of taking care of themselves, Conan usually worried about his sister though despite knowing that she was fine and now had people that she could depend on, including her husband. "I guess," he sighed before their conversation drifted once more to the apparent chaos in Nightray manor. Taylor was right, while Conan disliked Raven - a total understatement - he could not deny how much the man cared for his daughters, and the twins loved their father very much. "I'm sure the boys will be there for the girls. Corey included. They're all so close," he mumbled. It was a miracle really that all their children were close considering the history of the parents. While he still hated the Gryffindor, he was kind of glad that all that negativity didn't get passed down to the next generation. "Liam is probably over the moon because of this, but he'll be there for Arianna. He cares about her in his own weird way," Conan assured his wife. He didn't know Liam all that well, he didn't think anybody knew Liam all that well except for Ai, Arianna and the kids really, but he knew that that man was fierce, unrelenting and protective. Conan was not worried at all about how the former Slytherin would handle the situation.

Taylor had to admit that she sometimes thought the Nightray's were a bit ostentatious for her liking. She lived in a manor herself, but it was a Japanese one which automatically made it a bit different. They didn't exactly have manors all over the world and the Edogawa's had worked incredibly hard for everything they had. If it were up to Taylor she would have lived in a normal home, but she supposed with her five kids she had to make concessions, after all, she didn't want them all cramped together and this way she and Conan could have some proper space without worrying about the kids being on top of them every five minutes. Still, she did miss it. "I use a find me spell to find it. I think they really need a map," she said, shaking her head and sighing. It was all really surreal for her sometimes. To think that when this had all started, Ai'd barely had a single galleon to her name, and then she'd managed to marry into one of the bigger Pureblood families, granted, Taylor didn't understand any of that or the weirdness they all had with it, but she supposed it was better than Ai being penniless and living in that little hut she lived in for so long. Taylor had hated seeing her like that after all. Ai was her very best friend, which seemed odd sometimes when she remembered how they had been as kids. True, they'd now been friends for so much longer than they'd been enemies, but she sometimes wondered how their lives would be if they'd never changed. And it had all started as a simple misunderstanding in first year... in a corridor. The sudden thought made her laugh slightly. So much had changed. "So much has changed, you know, back in the day I never would have thought this was my life," she said, snuggling into Conan more. She was tired, but she wanted some time with her husband after a long day. "Remember when I didn't want kids?" She asked suddenly, looking up at Conan. She'd been thinking a bit, and she wouldn't mind an even six children. She was still young enough to have more after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back