Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Bi
Wand
Fir Wand 14 1/8" Essence of Sphinx Remains
Aisa felt... oddly anxious about tonight. She knew she had to start off this date with an apology to her girlfriend, as she hadn't sent Adorah a rose. She wondered if she would be very upset by that. Aisa had never really gotten into the habit of sending roses and she hadn't even thought about it. But she doubted that would be a good enough excuse for Adorah, who had sent her a very thoughtful one. On top of that, Aisa also had her accio duties to do tonight. Last time she had thought Adorah had been a bit frustrated by it, which meant that today it would probably be even worse, if she was also upset about the rose. Aisa knew she hadn't been a great girlfriend lately. She had been busy, and she had never been very good at being social. As much as she tried to tell herself things would be okay, she couldn't quite get rid of the anxious feeling.

Adorah hadn't put much effort into her look for this evening, using a thrifted dress and belt Juniper had lent. Usually, she had been excited, especially since she started dating Aisa. But yet, she had received some roses from some friends... and none from her girlfriend. And it's not like roses were the end all be all of showing you cared, but it didn't hurt. Lately, Adorah felt a little distant from Aisa, and she couldn't quite pin why.

After entering the Hall, she noticed Aisa taking pictures and figured they'd chat eventually, making her way to a table to sit by her lonesome. Adorah didn't want to interrupt her, and at the same time, she wasn't quite sure what to say at the moment.

Aisa felt weirdly fidgety as she waited for Adorah, and had started snapping a few pictures to pass the time. It took her a few moments to notice Adorah was already in the Great Hall, sitting by herself. Aisa frowned, had she missed her somehow? But she had been right be the door, Adorah had to have noticed her. She went over, feeling strangely frustrated by this. "I was waiting for you." She told Adorah with a slight frown. "I didn't see you had come in already. Didn't you see me?"

Adorah looked up when she heard Aisa and shrugged. "Not really," she said before thinking. "I mean, yes, but I figured you were busy taking pictures. Like always," she added, mumbling the last two words. Standing up, she made her way over to her girlfriend and tried to give her a kiss on the cheek. "Happy Valentine's Day. Did you get my rose?" she asked, trying to lighten the mood. Sitting at the table alone had made her realize that the pink rose must have been from Aisa. Maybe she just forgot to sign it, and all this weird anxiety was really for nothing.

Aisa winced as Adorah said she had figured she had been taking pictures, feeling like she knew what Adorah had muttered under her breath as well. She wasn't sure how to tell her she had to do more of that later, and decided not to for now. At least Adorah kissed her cheek, which seemed to indicate she wasn't too angry. Though as she brought up the rose, Aisa blushed. "I did, thanks... I.. I'm sorry for not sending you one." She said quietly. "I never used to participate in the event and I forgot entirely." She said, watching for her reaction out of the corner of her eye.

Adorah felt her stomach turn when Aisa has said she didn't send her a rose. "Then who is my pink rose from?" she asked, realizing maybe she shouldn't have said that out loud. But it had been bothering her. "I mean, it's not from you?" Adorah looked at Aisa and then down at the floor, combing through her brain for ideas of who might have sent her the rose but also - why didn't her girlfriend really send her a rose? It was a small thing and was almost ridiculous she would be upset by the lapse in Aisa's memory. At the same time, it bothered her. A lot.

Aisa frowned when Adorah asked who her pink rose was from. She felt her stomach clench. Someone else had sent her one? "Well, not me." She said, trying to sound casual about it. but it bothered her. "I just told you I forgot." She added. "Do... you really have no idea who could have sent you a pink rose?" She asked, sounding a bit doubtful about it. She couldn't help the unhappy expression on her face.

Adorah wasn't sure what was happening. She and Aisa had been happy, she thought. But now there were all sorts of factors just piling down at this very moment, and Adorah felt her right hand start to shake. "It was unsigned. I thought maybe it was some romantic way of you being like a secret admirer or something," Adorah blurted out very quickly before focusing her vision just past Aisa's ear and seeing Ajax... and Nicole. Her eyes couldn't hide a surprised look, and Adorah cleared her throat as she quickly looked away, hoping Aisa couldn't read any of what just happened. "Right, I mean, it's fine that you didn't send me a rose. Somebody probably sent it as a joke," she said, still feeling hurt by the lack of flowers from her girlfriend. "It's not like other people will know you didn't send me one and then I got a mysterious rose and think I'm like cheating on you or we're fighting or something." Adorah could feel herself just wanting to keep talking, her anxiety manifesting in overreacting to every little thing happening at this very moment.

Aisa frowned. "That's idiotic, why would I do that?" She asked, feeling put on the spot. She glanced behind her when Adorah looked at someone else, seeing Nicole. She turned back to Adorah, frowning. "Maybe it was her. You two looked awfully cozy last time." She said, irritation coming to the surface. "Why would you even say people might think you're cheating on me?" She asked, feeling more and more anxious. "I think we are fighting, you're clearly upset I didn't send a rose, or that I... I don't know, have to take pictures at these things." She snapped. "Does any of that stuff really matter?"

Adorah cringed when Aisa thought a simple romantic notion was idiotic. Maybe she didn't understand things that well, but she thought she'd seen that kind of stuff in movies before, and it was cute - at least, to some extent. Hoping to quickly backstep, Adorah felt frustrated and saddened by the fact Aisa thought there was something going on with her and Nicole. Sure, she liked Nicole and really enjoyed talking to her, but she didn't like like her. Maybe she thought the Slytherin was really pretty, but she would never say that to Aisa. "I don't know why people think the way they do. I was just giving an example. Nothing's going with anyone," she quickly added, looking back towards Nicole. "I mean, no, it doesn't half to matter, but sometimes I feel like I don't even have a girlfriend at these things. I know you have to take pictures and everything, but couldn't Ajaccio relax on you some. He's clearly spending time with his own date." Adorah felt frustrated by what was going on. Why couldn't they just enjoy a dance together and have things be still like they were when she read to Aisa on the cliffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back