Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
(Homosexual)
Wand
Straight 17 Inch Swishy Wenge Wand with Billywig Stinger Core
Casper was relieved to be back at school, glad he no longer had to hide his art and sneak around his parents. He sat under the shade of a tree in the grass, enjoying the fresh air and the sun on his skin. He hummed softly to himself, papers spread out all around him as he worked on a sketch of the castle. He was wrapped up in his work, not noticing anyone or anything around him. He hardly noticed the charcoal smear on his cheek or the messy state of his hair from running his fingers through it a thousand times.

Last year Harper had motivated Hunter and he started doing some runs a few more often, he was on one now. He had left the castle twenty minutes ago, headed towards the greenhouses then towards the lake and the to the forbidden forest. He was now coming back to the castle again, to take a long and deserved shower, but he decided to go through the gardens instead of just going through the main door.
He was a bit tired so he decided to rest under the shade of a tree and suddenly when he looked around there was another boy just a few steps away under the same tree drawing. Hunter remembered having seen him around so he was probably a Hufflepuff but he was pretty sure the guy wasn't in his year or else he would know his name but he also didn't look much older. "Is that supposed to a drawing of the Hogwarts castle?" he asked coming from behind the boy and taking a little glance at his drawing.

Casper jumped a little at the sound of another voice. "What?" He held the drawing to his chest. "Oh, y-yes," he offered shyly, laying his sketchpad back down. "I'm sorry, I didn't see you come over," he apologized softly. "Am I bothering you?" He bit his lip. "I can move."

Hunter couldn't help but laugh a bit at the other boy's surprise "Sorry I didn't meant to pry" he ended up saying. As he saw the other boy relax a little bit he figured that it was a good time as any to maybe make a new friend now that he wasn'f so scared.
"Oh no no don't worry" he said trying to make him relax, not really sure how he could make the boy know that he wasn't at all bothering him. He took a sit beside him and ran a hand through his sweaty hair to keep it from getting in his eyes. "I'm Hunter by the way" he said extending his sweaty hand to the boy but then looking at it and taking it back to him, no one wants to shake a sweaty hand.

Casper swallowed nervously. He wanted to get past his shyness, but talking to cute boys never helped. He looked away as the boy sat with him. He glanced at the boys hand before he pulled it away just as quickly. "I'm Casper," He offered gently. He held out his sketchpad to offer the boy a better view of what he'd done.

Hunter smiled at the other boy that seemed to be coming around and getting a little less nervous. He even let him take a lot at his sketchpad "Wow you are really good at that" Hunter said impressed at the other boy's skills. "You come here to draw a lot?" he said to the other boy while taking a water bottle from his bag.

Casper blushed as Hunter complimented him. "Thanks," He murmured softly, pulling his sketchbook back. "Sometimes," He offered. "Though usually I like the gardens," He smiled shyly. "You, ah, you aren't in my year but you look familiar. What house are you in?" He asked.

Hunter was drinking from his water bottle while listening to the other boy, the gardens indeed were something that amazed Hunter on a daily basis still and he was glad to make part of the Wild Patch Club so he could be there regularly.
"Oh I'm a second year" he explained to the other boy who he was sure was not in his year "In Hufflepuff" he added. He was pretty sure the guy was an Hufflepuff too, he had a good memory when it came to faces but he decided to ask too, just in case he was mistaken "What about you?".

Casper nodded as the boy told him where he was from. "M-me too," He chuckled softly, rubbing the back of his neck. "Only I-I'm a third year." He added, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a few candies. "Do you want one?" He asked, offering the treats to the younger boy. Casper was never the best at making friends, but not because he didn't try.

Hunter smiled at him, he wouldn't tell that this boy was older, he certainly didn't look older. The boy sighed a little at the sight of candies, his biggest temptation "Gotta tell ya, we just met but you know the way to my heart" he teased accepting a candy. "Next time I'm buying the candies" he said to the other boy assuming that they would meet again.

Casper's face heated up immediately when Hunter teased him, and for a moment Casper was sure he could put the proudest Gryffindor to shame with the color of his cheeks. "I s-suppose that's only fair," He smiled shyly. He was surprised Hunter would want to see him again, Casper felt like such a mess half the time.

Hunter looked at the boy and noticed his little charcoal smear in his cheek, he liked the look of it "I should warn you that you have a little smear in you face so you should wash your face after but I totally dig that! It gives you a artsy look" he said chuckling a bit. This boy seemed shy and a little out of his comfort zone talking to Hunter that's why the second year liked to tease him and get him out of his comfort zone. Casper woupd get used to it and hopefully also start being more confident, at least around Hunter, or at least he hoped he would. "Are you in the Conglomerated Arts Club?" he asked Casper because it made a lot of sense that he could be there.

Casper was sure his ears were on fire, his face felt so hot. He brought his fingers up to his cheek, almost ready to apologize, but honestly he was glad Hunter liked it. Maybe other boys would too- no, he couldn't think like that. He couldn't think how cute Hunter was, really, his parents were already mad about his art, they would be furious if he added in this too. He swallowed nervously. "N-no," He answered shyly. "My parent's wouldn't like it if I joined the club," He answered honestly.

Hunter was a bit in shock when he heard what came out of Casper's mouth "What?!" he almost shouted and looking at the other boy with a questioning look. He was sure that there was a lot more behind that story but he honestly didn't care "Well unless your parents work at school they will probably never know." he said to the boy. "You are doing it then...if you want I mean" he said this time a bit more shyly, he was not even sure if Casper would like to. "If you want I'll even join with you" Hunter said as a form of support, if Casper indeed joined Hunter would keep his word and join too even though he was not really sure what he would do there as he wasn't very artsy.

Casper jumped out of his skin, falling back a little bit as Hunter yelled. He looked to the other boy with wide eyes. He sounded like Lucas almost. He sat back up, shifting a little nervously. "You... Would really do that?" He asked shyly. "But... Why?" He glanced over at the other boy. "You barely know me... Are you artsy, too?" He asked.

Hunter nodded "Sure, if that's what you want" he said. Casper did present a good point, Hunter barely knew the guy but there was something about the whole situation that made Hunter feel a little of compassion besides it would probably make Casper happier "Well we are both Hufflepuffs, I will anything to help my house mates besides...isn't kindness what Hufflepuff is also about? Call it an act of kindness" he said bumping his fist against the other boy's should softly.
Hunter laughed a bit at his next question "Not really, unless you count all the drawing on the walls I used to make when I was a kid" he said chuckling.

Casper had to admit the idea was very tempting. Join the arts club and have a cute boy there just for him? He was sure that was some kind of secret daydream that would get him in trouble if he was ever found out. "T-thank you," he stuttered, smiling shyly. "I couldn't, um, couldn't ask that of you though," he laughed lightly, a little nervous. "I wouldn't know what to do in a club anyway." He rubbed the back of his neck.

Hunter looked at Casper and winked "Good thing you are not asking. I'm the one who's offering besides I wouldn't know either. We could figure out together, maybe you could even teach me how to draw" he said with a chuckle. That almost sounded impossible, Hunter simply sucked at drawing but the conglomerated arts club had to be more than just drawing or painting right?

Casper blushed and looked away as Hunter winked at him. He bit his lip, considering Hunter's offer. "Well... I suppose if you really wanted we could join the club," He spoke slowly after a moment, unsure of it still. But if Hunter really wanted to, Casper couldn't just say no. "Do you want to learn to draw?" He asked, turning so he was facing Hunter a bit better. "There are a lot of different styles, we could play around a bit to see if there are any that you like doing." He offered.

"Yessssss" Hunter said in victory, he had finally made Casper give in. At the other boy's proposal Hunter couldn't help but laugh a bit, this boy clearly underestimated how bad Hunter was at drawing "Well, I suck at it so I'll never be as good as you are but sure. Hunter then made his most devilish face and told to Casper "Teach me all the secrets there are to know about drawing" and not being able to keep that expression for longer he ended up chuckling.

Casper chuckled and flipped his notebook open to a new page. "You don't have to be like me. You just have to be like you," He answered easily, feeling more confident now that they were talking about art. He ran a hand through his hair, shifting so he was sitting a bit closer to Hunter and laying the sketchpad in his lap. "What are some things you like? Like scenery, or comics, or real people, or animals?" He knew there were several mediums they could try, but if he could figure out something Hunter liked first, it would make it more fun to experiment with.

Hunter wasn't sure why Casper was asking him about what he liked, maybe he wanted to drawn something that Hunter liked? That was a possibility.
"Well, I like magical creatures, and plants, and quidditch..." he said ready to enumerate a few more things but he stopped himself before he bored Casper to death going on about his interests.

Casper chuckled. Well, that was a start. He flipped through his sketchpad, before coming to a charcoal drawing he'd done of a flower bed in the gardens. "Well, there's charcoal, which is a fun shading thing," He tried to poorly explain, before moving over to a bolder marker coloring he'd done of an anime-style quidditch game. "Then there's this, which is japanese styled animation called 'anime', I liked the boldness of the markers for this," He explained again, before flipping through his sketchbook for a few moments, smiling as he fond one of what he imagined a centaur could look like. "This one is just a plain pencil sketch, more realistic," He offered, glancing to see if any had struck Hunter's interest.

Hunter looked at Casper's drawings and had to admit...he was good, he was really good. It seemed like there were a lot of techniques when it came to drawing, the Hufflepuff boy had no idea that drawing could be so complex but after all there was a reason why he wasn't good at it.
He examined Casper's drawings and finally said "I like the realistic one. It seems to be more simple than the others but somehow it looks more detailed", he noticed that this realistic drawing didn't require as many shadows as the flower or as many different pencils or markers as the anime one.

Casper smiled, scooting a little closer and offering Hunter the pencil. "Alright, let's start with self-portraits. Just try to draw your face. Don't worry, I won't judge, just do your best so I can see where your skill level is," He tucked his hair behind his ear, feeling more comfortable talking about his art than he had in a while. Since teaching Lucas to draw dragons, now that he thought about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back