{!} Important Poll

Should HNZ use the AIO for its galleons system?

• Yes, definitely!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sure, it'll be helpful.

• I don't care (Choosing this is as good as not voting)

• No, it'll cause problems.

• No: I can only use IE.

• NO! It'll be dreadful!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicolas King

"I am the hero who eats the lesser man..."

OOC First Name
Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
HNZ has installed a new money/bank system code as outlined and explained in this thread. The code itself will provide a way for members to transfer money easily between each other and view each other's money with equal ease. It will also drastically reduce the workload on Gringotts goblins and hopefully shopkeepers. [Goblins because they will likely no longer do allowances and would probably just fix little errors that may pop up (like transferring too much money or to the wrong user) and Shopkeepers because they would then only have to send in a sales receipt to Cecily, purchasers would transfer galleons.]
There are obviously down sides to this system so here is a complete list of pros and cons as I see them:
ProsCons
[/td]
Easily viewable money Doesn't work in IE
Easy transfer of money between users Adds a 'zbAIO Ads:' text area about the copyright at the bottom of the page
Increases options for future add-ons to HNZ May not be a hosted/supported code from the creator forever, eventually forcing us to revert back to the current system
Can offer rewards for RPing (money per post in RPs) and add more reward types to competitions Forces users to register their own AIO account: Admin will only be able to edit accounts after the user creates their own account. This will require more site documentation/FAQ in order to have all new members do this.
Will allow us to have AIO Admin, who can manage the money systems and not have to admin the whole board (unlike previous money systems we've tried where you had to be a board admin to change money) Users using IE will have to download a new browser or will not be able to do any banking at all: possibly forcing there to be two simultaneous systems. One would be used by the bulk of users (who could use firefox etc.) while the other would be smaller and limited to those who only have IE accessible to them.
[th colspan="2"]AIO Pros and Cons[/th] [th]
(Major pros and cons are bolded)

So, now that you've read through all that cast your vote. :) Do Not vote with more than one account and please do respond to this thread with your feedback/reason(s) why you voted how you voted.
A majority of 60% will be required in order for this new system to be implimented.
This poll will end on Thursday.

~Nick
(On behalf of the HNZ Admin Team)

Well, you want comments. I can see where it'll have problems, but I can also see that it will be quite helpful. We've been struggling to find a simpler money system for a long time, and this seems to work quite well already. Sure, it takes getting used to, but I think it could be great for the site.
Only big problem is the IE thing... :r:

I use IE the majority of the time, okay, 99.5% of the time. I have no problems with this system. I have Firefox and Chrome and Opera and Safari also. I figure that for the minimal banking that I do it won't be an issue to sign my character in on another browser, make the transaction, then log back out.

Lily Potter said:
I use IE the majority of the time, okay, 99.5% of the time. I have no problems with this system.
The whole error message/warning business in IE won't bother you too much either, then? :doh:

no you shouldnt i swear to go nick if you add it there will be problems and i will probably leave the board not like that matters but still the code is horrible and buggy.

Buggy codes are no good. It would really really stink if we did all this and then eventually had to go back to the original system :(

Agreed, Sophia. But the old system stinks on its own. :blank: It seems to only half work for the board and as HNZ keeps growing we'll need something simpler than what we have.
Buggy codes obviously aren't fun, but some solution has to be found, I think.

I have a few problems with voting on this issue at this point.

First, I'm an old dog and you know what they say about us...
Second, I haven't really tried it and while in theory it sounds great (and I know firsthand how crappy the other way of managing money is) I don't feel like I am making an informed vote (even after reviewing your AWESOME Pros and Cons table).
Third, I'm too tired to think

I'll hold off voting for now if that's okay, but don't take my lack of voting as lack of interest...

I'm pretty sure if there are to many problems, you can result to going to the zbAIO forums. I believe they have something on their forums that allow you to make the feature better and you can also report bugs there as well. The admin there is responding to peoples issues pretty fast, and working on the script itself in a hastily manner.

My vote is thumbs up. As it seems, it can only get better.

Professor Nicolas King said:
Lily Potter said:
I use IE the majority of the time, okay, 99.5% of the time. I have no problems with this system.
The whole error message/warning business in IE won't bother you too much either, then? :doh:
It doesn't bug me.

Now the buggy code, that does bug me. :p

Please, no. I find way to complicated, and I don't get it at all, and I would rather have the current method, it's way more interesting and better, in my eyes.

Okay.... so I've been looking over this and reading the announcement over and over for like 30 minutes, and whether it is the cold meds or the tiredness or what I am not sure..... but I just don't get it :p But the thing is I'm not even sure what it is I don't understand as the system seems pretty straight forward.... so I think I'm going to come back to this tomorrow or something.... As Bruin said, the lack of vote does not show a lack of interest..... just a lack of conscious thought.

Okay i didnt like it as it is confusing and oh man what will mallory have to do since i don't understand any of it.
i have registered but in my bank it says that i have no money in hand now what is that supose to me

in total
very confusing
so no

Andrew Bruke said:
Okay i didnt like it as it is confusing and oh man what will mallory have to do since i don't understand any of it.
i have registered but in my bank it says that i have no money in hand now what is that supose to me

in total
very confusing
so no
That's because you have "Money on Hand" and haven't put any money in your bank.
If you have four hundred dollars in your wallet and haven't put any of it in a bank how much do you have in the bank? ;)

I must admit: I'm slightly annoyed that some people are voting no because they can't be bothered to figure the thing out.
I'm not exactly sure how I want to go with the whole thing, but I know I haven't even voted yet because I'm still working things out for myself. To see people just voting no because it's 'too confusing' or what have you -- well it makes me wonder why I bother with this type of stuff. (And you can take that to mean what you will).
I'm fine with votes against this system: it's your board and we need to find a way to make it better that will work for the majority of its users, but to be uninformed then vote on an issue like this, then to have the audacity to post about your uninformed vote... that's just annoying.
Lily: It's not riddled with bugs as DarkSavior makes it seem, it has its issues (namely in IE) and that's about it. It's a decent code and currently the best one at what it does.
Bruin: Feel free to PM me with your questions, I'm not sure how much I should work out about the system if it's not even going to be used so I didn't post too many details here. If you PM me I can try to answer your questions.

I think it will be a great idea, its a new system and as you said, people take one look at it and get confused. Once people get their heads around it, i think it will make everything much easier for the majority of people. Im still working it out, but i think its one of those things that takes time to adjust to.

MUCH simpler than posting in individual accounts and then your own etc. :)

^^^^^^^^^^

I'd be stuck like that too <_<

i understabd the new system just fine and if i HAVE to i will download firefox, but im voting no because i still have IE

I'm voting no because I have IE and there is no way on this planet I would ever be allowed anything else, such as firefox :( i can understand the pros for those people who do want it but because I can't (and if I could it would probably cause some sort of virus on my old computer) then I'm voting no.

EDIT: also, i cannot access it due to not having firefox or google chrome, therefore that makes it near enough impossible for me to use.

I know what Nick said but to be honest, I hate it. I would perhaps scream if we used a system such as it, I mean I tried and tried as best as I could to get it up and running there but no luck. I reset my password thing and typed it in and it keeps refreshing me back and back to it, If however I got a little help It may be good I just don't know :ph43r:

Arisa Havishmen said:
i understabd the new system just fine and if i HAVE to i will download firefox, but im voting no because i still have IE
Why don't you download chrome or Firefox? I did to test the system, and I must say I prefer chrome to I.E.

I am voting yes. I think its a good idea, and it makes it a lot easier for the goblins etc., to complete the transfers, and so I'm up for it :)

I voted definitely, simply because I have firefox annnd as everyone else has said, the only major problem is IE
perhaps we could find one that is compatible, but this one seems fine, and I like that we get munnies for posts
xD
But really, that's the only problem I had with it, sooo I just downloaded firefox, and it really sucks that some people's computers can only use IE
;-;

That is the thing, there isn't a lot of these mods or codes made, especially for ZB at the moment. I would like to get to know it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back