Important Meeting

Cecily's eyes narrowed in concern. "Thank you,"she said softly. "I'm starting to count on you as a friend,"she said slowly, fidgeting with her glass. It was true, she realized. He was a strong person and had a great sense of humor.
"You can tell me what's wrong. What is about that time frame that disturbs you?"

"Just that I should have been on patrol that night, I should have noticed something was wrong" Professor King explained, a tone of annoyance apparant in his voice. He was annoyed with himself, annoyed at how foolish he had been. Annoyed that until a week ago he as on top of the world -- just to realise he was standing on a mole hill proclaiming himself lord of the skys.

(Niiiicee!! 'lord of the skys', that is awesome! )

Cecily's heart went out to him. "There was nothing you could have done. I...I don't think it was a student, Nicolas. He'd left, apparated before coming home that night. I'm starting to think that he...,"she shook her head. "I don't know who he murdered that night but it wasn't anyone from our grounds." she said firmly.

"I know it wasn't a student nobody's disappeared." Professor King said firmly shaking his head, "I could have helped you." he came out with it. His heart sinking as he said it. He regreted it immeadiatly but the deed was done.

Cecily's eyes widened. "Oh,"she whispered, something compelling her to get out of her chair. She knelt beside him and held onto his hand. "It's okay, Nicolas. You didn't know. Nobody knew. It happened so fast...,"she shook her head, imploring him with her eyes. "It's okay,"she said simply.

(((Nice new siggy. ^_^ Interesting new avvy ;-) :p )))

Professor King shook his head -- this wasn't about him, it was Cecily who had to endure everything that day. He inhaled then turned to Cecily, "I know, I know. I just wish I could have helped."

Cecily had always had a soft heart. Even when she was in pain, she could always feel the feelings of others. Sometimes it was overwhelming. It was one of the reasons why she'd gone into Herbology. Plants had easy emotions and were much easier to deal with than humans.

"Well,"she said, giving his hand a last squeeze before letting go and standing up, "you could help me now. There's still the matter of the dark presence I've seen in the woods. I don't think it's safe for the children, or anyone for that matter, to be out after dark by themselves. Could you walk me home?" She was exhausted and just wanted to get to her rooms she'd attached to greenhouse five. She hadn't stayed in her chambers in the castle for weeks.

(Thanks!! I made it this morning. The avvy struck me funny. :lol: )

"Of course I can." Professor King replied with a nod as he rose from the chair. "If you're sure you're alright that is." he concluded. He truly did feel sorry about so many things at that moment. He was sorry Cecily had endured what she did. He was sorry he didn't prevent what he could have. He was sorry he had shifted the focus of the evening from where it should have been to his own inadequacies. If sorry was an emotion it was his. Though outwardly it no longer showed, he decided there was no more need to upset Cecily more than she already was.

"Thank you, kind sir,"she said, adopting her bubbly personality once more. "I need rest and maybe a glass of elf made wine...I'm sure I'll feel better physically after a night's rest." She'd get no rest that night. She was sure her mind wouldn't let her shut down. Not after what she'd seen.

(Could we continue this on the Lawn? :D )

(((No, unacceptable!!! :p ya, sure ;-) :p )))

"Right well, we'd best get going then." Professor King started, putting his wand that he had yet to put away in a robe pocket and moving towards the door. He grabbed his cloak and put it ove rhis shoulders before opening the door for Cecily, "After you M'lady." he said with a wink.

Cecily laughed softly, proceeding him out the door while pulling her cloak around her body. She walked silently beside him down the hall.

(I'll start a post on the Lawn. :p )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back