OOC First Name
Liv
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Wand
Tulip Wood Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Cecily wrung her hands together, her green eyes were troubled, locked in some faraway thought. She took a deep breath and slowed her pacing until she could concentrate. She closed her eyes and slowly walked back and forth in front of the room or requirement three times. She opened her eyes and saw the door. Walking to it, she gave the knob a quick twist and went through.

Inside the room was a vast garden, filled with lush trees, fragrant flowers and a bubbling stream. Mist vapored from the water, filling the room's grass carpeted floor with a dreamy feeling.

Cecily felt all her cares and worries evaporate from her stiff body, leaving her with a pleasant boneless feeling. She walked forward until she noticed a small clearing where there were...bean bag chairs! Two huge ones. She laughed.

(((Bean chairs... Just Prof King's style :p <_< )))

Professor King had chosen not to attend the end of the year feeast on account of becoming prepared for what was about to happen. He had successfully reversed his own memory charms a few times, but he knew what to expect in those so they he figured they may prove worthless here.

He walked in a quick pace down the seventh floor corridor towards a tapestry on the wall. He then crossed back and forth across the opposite wall thinking, 'I need to find Cecily Rambolt' he knew this would only work if Cecily was already in the room, but he figured that she indeed was. After his third crosssing an oak door made itself visibled. Taking a deep breath in he ensured he had his wand, then he reached for the door knob and pulled the door open.

A rush of cool air ad sunshine met him as he opened the door. He quickly closed the door and then it disappeared into the abyss. First, he chose to take in the room -- if by such a word it could still be called. He noted the stream, and the flowers and everything else he could have expected Cecily to have placed in this room. His eyes then fell upon the bean-bag chairs. He had never seen one before and as such simply shook his head.

After taking in the room he turned to Cecily, "An interesting choice of a room." he started with a smirk, "How was the end of the year feast?" he then added.

(((So latin for remember is memor, so would it be alright if memorate was the spell XD IT sounds really horrid. Memorfy... Memorize... nope it's all dumb sounding, mayhaps greek is the way to go?)))

Cecily turned at the sound of Nicolas' voice. She smiled sheepishly, her green eyes darting to the bean bag chairs. She'd noticed him glancing there and resisted the urge to laugh. They definitely weren't what she'd been thinking would be in here. But the room knew her well...she loved the comfy muggle things. She wondered what his reaction would be when he sat down on one of them. If he didn't transfigure it first, she thought.

"Lovely, isn't it?"she asked softly, sweeping a hand toward the green room. She breathed in deeply. It was wonderful.

"The feast was packed. Your Mr. Dumbledez has won the most house points yet again,"she smirked.

( :lol: Memorate, sounds, um, fine. :cool: No, seriously, it's cool. I couldn't find anything either in the hp lists of spells. )

Edit: Be back in a bit. :cool:

(((Way to not answer me, recordor and commoneo are "to remember" the other was "remembering" so, recorderate or commenate are our options, I am leaning towards the former, what are your thoughts? )))

"I figured he would." Professor King replied, "But thanks for the update." he added with a smile, "Would you mind my asking what in Merlin's beard those are?" came the inquiry, his nod in the direction of the bean bag chairs. "I don't think I've ever seen one before."

As the conversation continued Professor King wondered how long he would have before he would have to try his luck, and put Cecily's fate in his own hands.

(Ha! I thought I did. :p I like recorderate, that one sounds good! ;-) )

Cecily let loose her laughter. "It's a bean bag chair,"she said, grinning. "It's something I got hooked on during my travels. It's just basically a big soft leather ball filled with soft styrofoam 'beans'. Try it,"she gestured, her eyes twinkling mischieviously.

Professor King stared at the chair skeptically, "I don't think I will be able to help you as well as I could if I were in a chair that I am more accustomed to." he hoped this would not upset Cecily in any way, but he figured that killing her might upset her a little bit more.

( =)) Yeah I think Cecily'd be upset at dying.)

Cecily chuckled. "Want to give it a try before transfiguring?" she coaxed, grinning. She knew he'd transfigure it...bean bags definitely weren't for everyone. She plopped down on one, folding her long legs indian style.

"I suppose so." Professor King started as he approached one of the 'chairs' and carefully lowered himself into it. Almost immeadiatly the mid-section of his body sank into the chair. His legs were now in the air which formering an obtuse angle with the rest of his body. "Is this some sort of muggle death trap?" he asked, only half as a joke as he reached for his wand.

(((

34hdvuv.jpg
)))

( =)) That drawing >XO< !!!!)

Cecily couldn't stop herself. All the tension of the day drained away as she laughed and laughed, holding her slim stomach. Her face lit up and tears streamed down her cheeks.

Winding down, yet still chuckling, she gracefully got out of her bean bag chair and rushed to hold out a hand to Nick. "Here, let me help you up,"she got out between laughs.

(((I thought so :D I believe I described it to somebody as "Kick @$$" )))

"No, no I think I can get up." Professor King stated, getting his legs to the floor then slowly pushing his body into an upright position. Finally he stood, "And you're sure it's not a muggle death trap?" he inquired, his eyebrow raised.

"For you, it could be,"she grinned. "Perhaps you could transfigure us a couple over stuffed chairs?" Cecily wiped the tears from her cheeks before looking back at the stream.

Professor King withdrew his wand and aimed it at his bean bag chair. With a quick flick of his wrist the chair grew to loook much like his favorate in the Gryffindor common room. "I don't really do overstuffed well, you should probably tansfigure your own." he explained as he turned to Cecily, having thought she would keep hers as it was.

Cecily got out her wand and made a grand flourish. The bean bag chair began to morph until was a cross between her overstuffed chair in her apartment and had the bean bag squishyness. She was glad that it was higher as she wanted to be on the same level as Nicolas when they got started.

She sat down and looked at him expectantly. "So...um, I guess this is it."

(((I applaud you on making the situation incredibly awkward in one post :p )))

"I suppose so." Came Professor King's reply. Deciding not to ask Cecily one final time if she wanted to do this he proceeded to explain what would occur to her as a doctor would explain a surgery to a patient, the more she understood the better prepared she would be. "From what I've read this could take a fair bit of time and I may have to use more than one spell to unlock your memories." he paused at this, unsure of how to explain the rest but after a moment he pressed on. "From the looks of it all when somebody truly doesn't want somebody to remember something a single memory charm is not enough. Often a series of them will be put into effect, so if you do get past one you think that's it. Though, that's not the worst of it. It seems the most skilled Wizards are able to set up curses and the likes incase anybody trys to undo their work and of course said curses could be set up to harm either person involved in restoring the memories." Another short pause followed, Nicolas was not sure if he was making any sense anymore, and if he was up until now what he was about to say would just about commit him to an asylum. "Though the most clear thing in all the reading I've done about this is the calmer you are, the easier it'll go."

Cecily sat there in her comfy chair, her hands clasped between her knees and leaning forward a bit as she listened to Nick's explanation. She nodded, understanding what he said. It made perfect sense. It was a total fifty fifty for her. On one hand, Bearse could have trusted in her naive nature and just placed the memory charm. On the other hand, he could have anticipated her finding out somehow and going through this procedure. He could very well have placed any number of horrid curses on his wife. She shuddered. If she lived through this, she would be obtaining a divorce the same night!

"Okay. Relaxed. Got it." She scooted back in her hybrid chair, kicked off her flats and shrugged out of her outer robes until she was sitting there in her favorite soft knit tee shirt and jeans. She arranged herself to sit indian style, her bare toes, painted bright pink, peeking out.

She closed her eyes and breathed deeply, focusing on the stream by their side and the wind blowing through the trees. She inhaled the soothing smell of the many flowers and plants, letting them fill her senses.

After a while, she opened her eyes and locked them with Nicolas' brown eyes. She nodded, letting him know she was ready.

(Awkward is my middle name. ;-) Sorry for the lengthy post, we're doing description in my RL writing course. :lol: )

(((How sad is it that I just went to check that prof King's eyes are brown? :p )))

Nicolas was glad the Cecily had understood his explanation, though it only seemed to worry him more. He had never thought about the possible dangers for himself before. 'Way to go Nick, agree to do something and not have a clue in the world what you're getting yourself into.' he mocked himself. Taking a deep breath in he resolved not to worry about it any longer, he was doing this and Cecily was ready. If she was prepared and at more risk than he was how could he back out now? He couldn't.

As Cecily re-opened her eyes and nodded towards him he took a seat again, "Could you tell me approximatly when in time you figure the charm was placed on you, or rather what period in your life you believe the charm is masking?" he inquired in the most calming voice he had.

( :lol: I checked before posting back at the three broomsticks! )

Cecily had thought about this, back in her greenhouse while tending to Hamneda. She'd sworn he'd had a slight cough or the plant version of it. She mixed a poultice for him and set it to vapor around him to clear up his plant congestion. It'd brought to mind her husband and the last time she'd seen him.

"We were walking back from Hogsmeade,"she said softly. "He was coughing again. I said something, it angered him," she remembered. "We argued. We always argued,"she laughed softly, tinged in sadness.

"That night he left to work late at the ministry...or at least that's where he said he was going. I fell asleep. When I woke up, there was the blank note he'd charmed on my pillow. That was the last I saw of him," she looked up. "I'd imagine that would be the time. Last school year."

Professor King listened to Cecily and nodded at various points in her story. 'Over a year ago.' he reminded himself, knowing where to look in her memory. He then withdrew his wand once again and aimed it towards her forehead, "Recorderate" he stated firmly with a grand flourish of his wand, not wanting to risk non-verbal magic in such a situation as this.

Immeadiatly Cecily's mind was open to him, or at least whatever he wanted to see. He pressed the spell to find the night she had described and upon arriving at the memories she had of it he flicked his wand again, which recasted the original spell, he hoped this would break the memory charm and that would be that but he knew the likely hood of that was slim to none.

Cecily's whole body jerked as a memory surfaced.

After their argument, Cecily stormed off, her boot heels making a loud racket on the stone pathway back to the castle. Bearse had gone in the opposite direction. She thought she heard a faint 'pop' but wasn't sure. Her brow furrowed and she walked home, her arms crossed around her abdomen.

She felt sick to her stomach. It wasn't a new feeling. She'd felt much the same way the first time they'd separated then divorced. She'd been a fool to think he could change. Her eyes welled with tears. She was sick of being weak around him. A doormat. Nothing but his proverbial punching bag.

Soon she arrived at their chambers within the castle. She took off her cloak and hung it by the door before toeing off her boots and conjuring some hot tea. She walked around their apartment in her bare feet, absently sipping the tea. It managed to calm her nerves somewhat.

An owl's arrival jerked her from her thoughts. She untied the letter from its outstretched leg and absently gave it a biscuit and a light pat. She unfolded the letter and read it. Her fist clenched on it and she threw it into the fire.

"Another late night?" she said harshly. She stormed into their bedroom and locked the door before flinging herself on the bed. She punched her pillow before clutching it. She fell asleep soon after.

A noise coming from their outer chamber jerked her awake. She groggily sat up in bed, her long blonde hair fell around her shoulders and back. Sometime during her sleep she'd lost her hairclip. She pushed her hair out of her eyes and got off the bed, making her way to the door. Silently, she pushed it open a crack, her wand in one hand.

Her breath caught and she hurriedly clamped a hand over her mouth. There stood her husband, pacing, his hands covered in drying blood and his clothes flecked with the dark red substance. His movements were jerky, reminding her of some horrid marionette. For the first time, she was truly frightened of the stranger she called her husband.

She watched as he turned and threw himself into a chair, lighting a clove cigarette, the orange ember lighting his face sinisterly. "Well, wife? You might as well come out." His deep voice had a strange raspiness to it, the coldness with which he addressed her chilled her to the bone.

Gripping her wand and hiding it within her skirts, she slowly opened the door and edged her way around until she could easily reach the door if she needed to. Although she was aware she could apparate if need be. She silently prayed to Merlin that Bearse hadn't upped the wards on their rooms.

"No hello? No kiss for your darling husband?" He taunted, taking a long drag of the cigarette before slowly blowing it out. "I'm hurt."

"I doubt I could ever hurt you," Cecily said scornfully.

"Oh?" He scratched at the side of his neck, leaving red trails. Her heart quickened its beat.

"Who's blood is that?" she whispered, tired of his games.

"Blood?" He held his hands up, his face in shadow. "Oh, you mean this? No one of importance. At least, not any more," he laughed deep in his throat, the sound guttural.

Cecily suddenly knew her husband was no more. This...monster...inhabited his body. The Bearse she knew was gone. Fearing for her life, she spun on the spot, picturing Alicia's quarters. Nothing happened. She spun around to face him, his guttural laughter filling the silent room.

"Poor Cecily. Wards, remember? I took the liberty of changing them."

Professor King watched with concern as Cecily's body jerked. ' Have I done something wrong? he thought worriedly, not entirely sure if he should break the spell or keep going. In the back of his mind he remembered that if anything were to go wrong he was to contact Alicia. Was he to contact her now? He honestly didn't know. Taking a deep breath in he waited for more of a reaction -- if any at all, then he would determine what to do.

Her memory finally came into his sight, Bearse was in the hall, he seemed drunken, and covered in blood. As he flung himself in a chair and addressed Cecily in such a blunt manner Nicolas shook his head. He didn't know Bearse well but had assumed him a better man than that. As Cecily came to her husband he simply taunted her. The fact that this man was once in such positions of power as Auror or Co-Headmaster astounded him. Cecily then tried to leave, but found herself unable. Though Professor King was not sure what Wards were or how they effected Cecily's ability to apparate he watched on.

He wasn't sure if that was the only altered memory. No, it couldn't be With baited breath he flicked his wand another time, the prior incantation being said under his breath. Professor King sat, hoping for the best.

Cecily knew she had two options. Either begin fighting now or wait it out. She silently began non verbal spells to reverse the wards, hoping he wouldn't feel the alteration to the magic. She backed up toward the door. Feeling the wards to the door fall away, she pointed her wand at him and cried, "Stupefy!" She ran toward the door, her hand on the knob.

Suddenly, he grabbed her from behind and spun her around, slamming her against the wall. She cried out as he picked her up, pinning her by the shoulders, her feet a good foot off the ground. She could finally see his face and the stark evil of it made her want to throw up right there.

"Leaving so soon?" he taunted, his fingers squeezing her shoulders cruelly. "I thought we could have a little...chat," his head cocked to the side. "You always were too trusting, Cecily. Thinking I was fully reformed. Marrying me, again!" he laughed, throwing his head back.

She took that moment to twist, kneeing him in the groin and bashing her forehead against his. He dropped her, staggering back and cursing. She flung open the door and apparated, thinking of Alicia's quarters.

She disapparated and looked around. "No!" she cried, looking around. She was in the forest. She wildly looked around, feeling for her wand.

"Come back here, you b1itch!"

She ran, trying to apparate twice, only to come to another point in the woods. He'd cursed her! She ran, falling and getting snagged on branches and roots.

Professor King wished he didn't have to share in these memories. He wished he could help Cecily without prying into her personal matters. 'I'll have an oblivator change my memories for her.' he thought, not wanting to have to remember this, wishing Cecily could keep her private thoughts her own.

What was appearing now was about as bad as he could have imagined the situation to be. Though he was glad Cecily seemed to be winning thus far he knew she couldn't have won, not if Bearse managed to alter her memory.

He watched as Cecily apparated, pleased that she had managed to. He then frowned as she landed in the forest. Now very unsure of what Bearse had done, or what he was going to do.

He cleared his mind of all worry and doubt; this was the past and could in no way affect the present, unless of course her mind had been cursed. But choosing to keep that optimism to the side her cast the spell another time, deciding this needed to be finished.

(((sorry, could you post it all at once? ^_^ )))

(Whew, I'm a trying! :lol: It'd be waay to long for one post. :unsure: )

(((Noooo I mean don't post a post and then edit it, I keep having to edit too :p

I don't want the whole memory at once! Heck I'm waiting for a curse :oy: :p )))

(Oh! Sorry! :lol: I kept posting it so I wouldn't lose it. I'll post 'em all at once. ;-) )

Warning: Violence ahead.

She held onto the hope that she could best him. Or find someone to help her. She knew the centaurs lived far in the forest. She didn't want to run into them either, but maybe they'd help, if she could explain. She kept running, knowing in her heart that no one was coming. No calvary riding on horses, no bugles, no fanfare. She didn't want to die. She wouldn't die!

She heard a pop in front of her before colliding with something solid. She fell back, landing on the ground hard. Her wand flew from her hand. She dove for it, crying out as her arm was kicked away. She rolled over, holding out her other hand and using all her strength to summon her wand to her. "Accio Wand!" she cried.

It flew to her hand and she staggered to her feet, apparating away. She disapparated to another part of the forest. It was dark and still. She could sense the danger.

The pop behind her caused her to spin around. She cast the conjuctivitis curse at him but before the last of the words were out of her mouth, he'd unleashed a spell that sent her flying back ten feet. When she landed, the breath was knocked from her. She could feel a rib crack. She lay there, recoiling from the pain, pressing her face into the earth to stifle her hoarse cries.

His boots crunched on the leaves and twigs, slowly coming toward her. She saw them enter her vision and struggled to catch her breath to send another curse his way. In a movement so fast she didn't see it, he'd grasped her wand and held it in his other hand.

"Don't ever," he kicked her in the side, "make me," another swift kick, "chase you again." His boot connected with the side of her head, her vision swam and her stomach recoiled at the pain.

She cried out and hunched in on herself. She was too dizzy to make much sense of anything. She felt him grab her hand and start to drag her across the rough floor.

Before she knew what was happening, they were back in their apartment. He roughly tossed her into one of the chairs, her head banging on the hard back. Tears rolled down her cheeks. She couldn't focus to cast any magic.

He dragged a chair over until he sat in front of her. He put his face agonizingly close to hers, their noses almost touching. Her world was filled with his black eyes. His evil eyes.

"You stupid b1tch," he said softly. He ran a bloody hand down the side of her cheek. "You gave me one too many chances. So many times...so stupid, so foolish,"he whispered, gazing at her almost lovingly. It was a sick mockery of what they'd once shared.

She tried to turn her face from his but his hand cruelly gripped her chin. "Am I repellent to you now? No matter," he said, shrugging. "I've got a new ladylove." He laughed when her eyes watered. "Oh yes. A pureblood too. Not one with muddied blood, like yours. Didn't you ever wonder why we never had children?" His voice was sympathetic. "It's because I wouldn't allow it. A child?" he laughed harshly. "With you?"

She cried out, lunging at his face, tearing at his cheeks with her fingernails. He cried out and backhanded her. Her head connected with the back of the chair once again. It lolled on her shoulders, her hair coming forward to cover her face.

He cast a healing charm on himself before lighting another clove cigarette. His cough was gone, she noticed in some detached part of her brain. He took a drag then blew the smoke in her face. She coughed hoarsely, tears racing down her cheeks.

"All those late nights...so trusting, Cecily. Once a Death Eater, always a Death Eater,"he said in a sing song voice. He rolled up his sleeve and shoved his left forearm into her vision. The sight of the black snake made her heave. She leaned over the side of the chair and vomited. His laughter rang throughout the room. He cast a cleansing charm once she'd sat back up. "Scourgify!" Bubbles poured out of her mouth, choking her. She saw black spots before he finally cast finite. She coughed and gagged, sagging back into the chair.

"A leopard never changes their spots...,"he sat back, musing and puffing on his cigarette. "You know, I honestly did love you once. Until I woke up." He flicked ashes onto the floor. "Woke up from this hellish nightmare. This domesticity you forced upon me." His voice was cold, the quietness of it alarming her more and more.

"But that will soon change," he whispered, slapping her across the face. "You'll all beg us for mercy before we're done." He grabbed her hair and forced her face to his.

"Don't...,"she forced out through gritted teeth.

His mouth crashed down on hers. He kissed her hard for a moment before flinging her away from him. "You're of no use to me now. Don't worry, I won't kill you." His laughter filled her ears. "By tomorrow, you won't remember any of this." His grin widened, his face sadistic. The last thing she saw was the glowing tip of his cigarette coming toward her eye.

Cecily awoke in bed, stretching. Her hand felt something on Bearse's pillow. She groggily rolled over and lazily read the note before falling back onto her pillow, crestfallen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back