Daphne
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Straight (Nell)
(Open after Deniss posts with Aiden)
Jasper had meant to ask one of his friends to join him in the forest, because it was fun to go together. He had wanted to ask Maddy or maybe Lauren, but in the end he had just wanted to go. He had gotten the urge to head into the woods today and hadn't felt patient enough to go looking for any of his friends to join him. Besides, it was also cool to go alone. When Maddy went alone she had found a centaur, maybe Jasper would find something even cooler he could then brag to her about. It was late in afternoon, and the lawn wasn't very crowded because the weather was still fairly cold. Jasper had his wand in his hand when he stepped towards the treeline so he could use lumos once he was in the shade of the trees and out of sight of any teachers or prefects watching him. He felt a thrill of excitement and maybe a little bit of fear as he stepped into the forest, even though he had been her twice before now. There was always the hint of something unknown and forbidden there, and he knew that he was taking a risk. But it was a cool risk, and one countless of students had made before him. Jasper grinned as he walked in further, then glanced over his shoulder to make sure he wasn't being followed by anyone who would tell on him. That would be no good, he had already gotten in enough trouble last year.

Aiden wasn't sure what he was thinking right before he entered out of the school on one of the first weeks of him being in Hogwarts, but he really wanted to see if the forbidden forest was really that scary. He knew that if someone caught him there, it wouldn't end good. Aiden also knew that he could meet creatures he could only imagine about and he was a bit scared because he didn't know any charms yet that could help him if someone attacked him and he couldn't run away.

Excitement was rushing through all his body as he went out of the school to head straight to the forest. Pretty much no one was outside and the weather was cold. He kept his wand in his pocket, because even though he didn't know any incantations that could help him, he could use it to hit someone with it, hoping that it would help. Before going inside the forest, he looked all around and took a huge breath. He was scared, but Aiden really wanted to explore and find adventures to make his school weeks even more interesting. Lot of students took the risk before him, he couldn't help to keep away from it.

Aiden walked inside and noticed a moving figure somewhere in front of him. He didn't know how all the prefects looked like and he really hoped that it wasn't one of them. Aiden really slowly walked towards that boys back, getting pretty close to him, trying to be as quiet as possible. - Boo! Aiden said, laughed a bit and placed his hand on one of his shoulders, when saying that, looking at his reaction.

Confident that no one was behind him, Jasper kept going into the woods. He held his wand out and cast a lumos spell to see more easily in the shadow of the trees, and he was starting to feel pretty confident. He was wary too. As much as he had talked about the forest and bragged to his friends, he had never actually gone in alone before. That was a first for the Slytherin, and it was definitely more creepy by himself than it had been with a friend. He was just trying to decide if he should go left or right, when a touch on his shoulder and a noise made him jump. Jasper yelled in terror and jumped, his wand falling from his hand and landing on the forest floor where it lit the leaves and branches. He moved away from whatever had touched him, stumbling over his own feet. Only then did he realize that the thing... was just a student, not some sort of creature here to eat him. "Hey, that's not funny!" He yelled at the kid, flushed and embarrassed. Jasper grabbed his wand off the ground and leveled it at the boy so he could get a better look at him. That only flustered him more. The kid that had scared him so much had been only a first year. "What gives?!" He said, his voice still sounding clearly annoyed.

Aiden laughed when the boy yelled and fell on the forest floor. Aiden wanted to help him, but Jasper jumped and got up on his own feet. The boy he had just surprised didn't seem entertained as Aiden was, what could be seen only by his voice tone. - Sorry. Aiden finished laughing as he said sorry. He realised that it wasn't a good joke, because the forbidden forest could probably bring him a lot worse surprises that he wouldn't enjoy and that would scare anyone away.

As the older boy grabbed his wand and leveled it closer to Aiden, he smiled. - Heellooo! Aiden smiled and he didn't seem to be that scared. All of sudden he felt very brave, although in the reality he was scared as he was inside the forest, where a lot of unknown creatures lived. - I just wanted to explore, I guess? And.. you are here too. I hope you're not a prefect? Aiden looked at the boy and hoped to get a "no" for an answer.

He then realised that he didn't know the boy and it probably wasn't the right place to make friends, but he had to take the chance anyway. - I'm Aiden, by the way. Aiden pulled his right hand in front of the boy, hoping to hear his name and get his hand shaken. - What are you doing here? Aiden looked at the boy. His adrenaline rush wasn't that high anymore and he started feeling a little bit scared from the unknown.

Jasper glared at the kid, too annoyed for a moment to really remember where he was and what he had been up to. But the boy just said sorry, and then moved on. And he couldn't really stay mad for long when he knew he would have done the same thing if things were reversed. Reluctantly, Jasper let it go. "Whatever, you're lucky I didn't curse you." He muttered, waving his wand to punctuate his words. Then he laughed when the boy asked if he was a prefect, glad he could lord some information over him to keep the balance more equal. "Duh, I can't even be a prefect. They're only fifth years and older." He told him. Then he paused. "Unless you thought I was fifteen? In that case, please keep thinking that." He added with a smile. The shock was leaving him, and his annoyance faded along with it. He looked at the boy as he introduced himself, then shook his hand after a moment. "I'm Jasper. And I'm here to explore, though I already did a bunch of that last year too." He said, puffing up his chest a bit. "Are you a first year?" He added, just to be sure.

The boy didn't seem nice to be around as he pretty much threatened to curse Aiden, although Aiden didn't show any reaction to that. Jasper laughed when Aiden mentioned his possible status in the Hogwarts New Zealand. - Well, I guess you're not fifteen then. Aiden laughed a little bit, hoping that the boy he just scared would tell his real age. - So, how old are you?

When Jasper introduced himself and shook Aiden's hand, he understood that this was probably a nice time to make a new friend. What else he could be doing in forbidden forest than finding adventures.. or adventures finding them? - Yeah, I'm in Ravenclaw. Aiden smiled. - I was just wanting to explore.. and I didn't want to go with any of the first years. He said, looking at Jasper. Not that Aiden got to know all of the first years that good, he just wanted to get to know older years, so he could get help with assignments and someone could tell him more about the school and professors.

Jasper's heart was still beating a bit faster in his chest, but Jasper mostly had a grasp on things again. He wanted to get the upper hand in this conversation, though. And quick. He grinned at the boy. "Nearly thirteen." He said confidently. He wasn't sure if his birthday in December really counted as 'nearly', but it sounded so much better than simply saying 'twelve'. "You're eleven, I guess?" He added to the boy in a slightly superior voice. He nodded when the boy introduced himself more, a little surprised when the guy said he was a Ravenclaw. Jasper had a certain image of Ravenclaws, and imagined them as mostly bookish nerds with something to prove. But this guy seemed more fun than that. "Well, you're in luck. I'm not a first year, I know a ton of things already and even though you scared me, I'm willing to let you tag along." He said, telling it to the boy as if it was a great honor. "But only if you let me lead the way."

First impression of Jasper wasn't that bad for Aiden and, honestly, he was even happy that he met him on his way to find adventures in the forest and he'd be happy to explore the forest with someone, who has already been there and knows at least to somehow defend himself. That could be helpful. Jasper was nearly two years older than him and it wasn't that big of an age difference. - Yeah. He nodded as he said it, smiling at the boy.

Jasper mentioning that he knew ton of things made Aiden sigh in relief, because it really meant that Aiden wasn't going to have fight with someone or something he could meet on his way alone. - Alright, I'll follow you. I just hope you won't leave me in the middle of nowhere. Aiden smiled at Jasper, laughing a bit and waiting for him to lead the way. Apparently Jasper also loved to be the leader and this time Aiden had to let him take the lead, although Aiden loved taking the lead too..

Jasper was glad he had guessed the kid's age right, and that he was clearly the superior of the two, being older. "Cool." He said with a smile. "Then I'll lead the way." He said, starting to walk in a random direction. It wasn't anywhere he had been before, but Aiden didn't need to know that, did he? He laughed at the boy's next words, and shook his head. Then paused. "Maybe only if you're super annoying." He said, then laughed again at his own joke. "Kidding, of course not. I was going to look for a centaur today. So be cool if we find one, okay?" He glanced at the boy. "So why did you want to explore the forest?" He asked him, though he could think of a million reasons. The forest was a little dark, and it was definitely easier to walk on while chatting a bit. It made it all seem a bit less... intimidating.

Jasper seemed like a nice person from Aiden's first impression. He was funny, joking and was good to be around with already. He seemed like also a person who loved to take a lead of something and Aiden couldn't blame him for that - he loved doing that too. Following Jasper's directions, he started to get a little bit scared, even more when Jasper mentioned that he wanted to see a centaur. - That would be amazing! It seems a bit scary tho, I have never seen one! Aiden said, trying to be as confident in his voice as possible.

Aiden was getting more scared as they walked deeper into the forest. Unknown was scary and the fact that someone could catch them being here also made Aiden feel more uncomfortable. - I don't know. I just wanted to see how it feels like being here.. Aiden smiled. - I didn't want to go with other first years, a lot of them seem really weird. Aiden said, hoping that Jasper didn't think of him as a weirdo.

Aspen was hunting. she had set some traps the previous day and she was going back to see if she had managed to snare anything in the night. she had her bow out and arrow ready just in case she saw anything else. It was winter and this time of year meat made up a large part of her diet as there wasn't much fruit or other edible plants around. She was just aiming for a bird when a rustle a distance way away made it fly away. she walked quietly towards the sound, a deer would have her set for a week or so. as she drew closer the sound of voices told her it was not anything like that. she put her bow away. and continued to listen wondering if she would be noticed. as one of the boys said that he was here looking for a centaur she smiled. students were so loud as they walked through the trees it was unlikely that they would find a centaur unless they wanted to be found. she just stood watching as the boys walked closer to her, partially hidden behind a tree wondering how long she would wait until she was seen.

Jasper was a little glad when the boy admitted that it would be a little scary to find a centaur. It made it more likely that he would let Jasper take the lead if they did encounter one. "It's okay, I'll be with you and I know magic already." He said confidently, though he didn't really think he knew any magic that could help defend against an angry centaur if they did encounter one. He led Aiden deeper into the forest, and listened as the boy explained he wanted to feel what the forest was like, but hadn't wanted to go with the other first years. "Weird how?" He asked the boy curiously. "I haven't seen many of them yet. My year is pretty awesome, for the most part. There's a few jerks." He pulled a face. He was about to say more about that, when he noticed a something huge partly hidden by a tree up ahead. Jasper yelled in surprise and fear, and held his wand up higher to see better. "Oh my god, do you see that? What is that!?" He said to Aiden, his voice a little panicked now. Whatever it was, it looked big. Suddenly, Jasper wondered if this entire thing had been a bad idea.

As Jasper mentioned that he knew magic that could probably be useful if they see a centaur, Aiden felt a little eased about what would happen if they actually saw one. They went deeper into the forest and Aiden felt even more scared by every minute and realising that probably this wasn't that of a good idea after all. When he asked about other first years being weird, Aiden shrugged. - I don't know, like, a lot of them are shy or just.. you know, not my type of people. He smiled.

Jasper said that his year was awesome and Aiden really hoped that his would be too after all. As they walked deeper, all of sudden Jasper yelled. Aiden looked to the place that Jasper was looking to and he noticed something big hiding. Aiden went few steps back, not knowing what to do now. He started shaking a little bit and got scared. - I-I.. Shaking his voice, he tried to form a sentence. - Don't you-u think tha-at we-e sho-o-u-uld ba-ack do-own? He was scared now.. Jasper would probably have a chance now to show what he can do with his "I know magic"..

Aspen had to hide a chuckle as the bigger of the foals saw her. His expression gave the game away. As much bravado as he was carrying he either had not seen a centaur before or had not expected to see a centaur here. "you know, you will only find one of us if we want to be found, I could hear you ages away" she said in response to a comment he had made a while ago as if to prove that point. She walked forward out of the shadows so that the boys could see her properly. She was promptly greeted with the light from the older boys wand right in her face. It wasn't overly bright per se, but compared to the dim light of the forest in the shadows that she was adjusted to it could well have been blinding. She looked away from the older boy trying to deflect the directness of the light, and she saw echoes of it flash when she blinked. She smiled reassuringly at the smaller foal who seemed to be scared. "I would follow your friend's advice and lower your stick. Did no one ever tell you it is rude to point it at someONE, especially when it is tipped with a blindingly bright light" she said stressing the one in someone, she was a being, even if the ministry didn't class her as such, not an 'it', or 'thing'. "I hope you recognise me as it sounded like I was who you were looking for. I am Aspen, a centaur" she said offering her hand to the boys as she knew was two hoof custom.

For a moment, Jasper considered running. The other kid would probably follow him, and they would both be safe before they were grabbed by... whatever it was that was lurking behind the tree. Jasper had just about convinced himself it was a giant spider, but even though he was terrified, he found himself unable to move. He looked at Aiden as he asked him a question, his eyes wide and scared. He was glad the boy seemed just as scared as he was, and only nodded in response to his question, though still found it impossible to move. It took him a moment to realize another voice was speaking, and even longer to realize it wasn't a giant spider after all. Jasper's mouth dropped open as he saw the centaur as she approached. And finally lowered his wand when she told him it was rude to point it at her. Jasper stared at her, then finally closed his mouth. "O-oh." He said, then gulped. "Sorry, uh, miss, uh, centaur lady." He couldn't believe there was a real centaur talking to him, and he glanced at Aiden to make sure he wasn't hallucinating. He had boasted about finding one and befriending it, but he had never expected to actually see one. He noticed the offered hand, and after a moment, stepped forward to shake it. "Wow. So cool." He whispered, his fear quickly being forgotten as he took in the appearance of the woman. "I'm Jasper." He added. He wasn't sure what else to say just yet. He had many questions crowding in his mind, but none of them were coherent enough to say just yet.

Aiden wasn't sure what to think. He was ready to run or take Jasper in his hands somehow and run with Jasper on his back. Aiden was ready for anything, he was pretty good at running, so it wouldn't be a problem. Aiden's face was showing that he was shocked by what is happening at the moment. A centaur was in front of them! Was he dead already and he just started feeling some kind of dream? He pinched himself and realised that it wasn't a dream and this all was actually happening. Aiden was just staring at the centaur until it started speaking. The centaur referred to herself as she and said that she's a being, someone, not something. Was it that important after all?

- Jasper, are you seeing what I am seeing or.. Aiden was still looking surprised but he managed to feel a little eased at the moment. He had so much things going around his mind at the moment. Suddenly centaur gave her hand, Aiden stepped closer to her and smiled. - You won't hurt us, right? Aiden said, looking at Aspen and shook her hand. - I'm Aiden, first year. He said, you could heard that he was pretty scared and you couldn't feel any bravery coming from Aiden anymore. He was anxious about what was going to happen next.

Aspen did not expect that reaction from the boys. they suddenly went from confident and chatty to scared. she frowned. She wasn't that scary, was she. sure she was tall thanks to her body. She watched as the boy lowered his wand. she smiled "thank you" she said. looking at the two boys. The younger one maybe seemed more surprised than scared she chuckled as the boy asked if the other was seeing what he was. "I hope so" she said shrugging. She took the first boy's hand and then took the other boy's hand and shook it as he introduced himself and asked her if she would hurt them. It brought the thought back from before. was she scary? "I won't hurt you. These are just tools required to live in the forest, but i like making friends too much to hurt them" hse said. gesturing to the bow, arrows, and dagger she was carrying. she had not made many new friends for years now she had Tawhai, jasper and Aidenfirstyear. "It is good to meet you Jasper and Aidenfirstyear. I don't get to see many twohoofs in the forest any more. " she said.

Jasper was nearly forgetting about the other boy, the centaur capturing all his attention. At Aiden's question, he just nodded vaguely without taking his eyes away from the centaur. He was fascinated. He was also ready to believe her when she said she wouldn't hurt them, and he nodded at her words. "Cool, do you ever kill anything to eat?" He asked her, wondering if that was what she meant. He couldn't help a laugh as she called Aiden 'Aidenfirstyear', and really hoped the younger boy wouldn't correct her. "Twohoofs?" He looked down at his feet. "More like nohoofs." The initial shock was passing, and he was starting to regain his usual cheekiness a bit. "You don't get to see a lot of us because the forest is forbidden. We could lose a lot of points if we're caught." He told her, wondering if she knew that or not.

Aiden still couldn't believe that they actually got to meet a centaur. He laughed a bit when the centaur thought that his name is "Aidenfirstyear" - My name is Aiden, I said that I'm a first year. My name is not Aidenfirstyear. Aiden tried to say it in a calm tone, hoping that this wouldn't annoy the centaur that they met. He looked at Jasper who seemed very fascinated by the fact that they were standing in front of a centaur. He laughed a little bit once again and listened very careful to what Jasper was saying.

Aiden actually was happy that the centaur said that she was happy to make friends.
- Have you made already a lot of friends from the school? Aiden was very calm about Aspen, although he still was ready to run any moment, as he wasn't entirely sure if this was safe and if they were going to get back to the school or this centaur would actually do something to them. This was Aiden's first semester and he had already seen a centaur. Wow.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry for taking that long

OOCOut of Character:
sorry i have been busy and totally forgot that it was my turn to post. :unsure:

Aspen cocked her head to one side as the boy asked if she ever killed anything to eat. "What else do you think I eat? I can't just go to the shops" she said. She would have the ministry coming down on her. which actually wouldn't be a bad thing as she would get to see Rowan again. as the boy joked about having no hooves she smiled glad that he got the humour. "twohoof is what my tribe always called humans." she said. or rather it was what they had always called Rowan and the name had spread to other humans too.
as the other boy spoke up she nodded. "I know that aidenfirstyear. but that name will be stuck even when you are Aiden, seventh-year you will be aidenfirstyear " she said. trying ot keep her face serious but not being particularly successful.
as the boys asked her about friends sheh ad made she thought of what to say "I have made a few over the years. those i knew best graduated many years ago. I have made some more recently like Tawhai" but i don't have many any more"[/b] she said. she wondered if the boys knew Tawhai.

Jasper grinned as the centaur lady admitted she had to kill things to eat. "Cool." He muttered, trying to imagine living like that. He nodded when she said that her tribe called humans twohoof. "Well, we don't have hooves... but you probably know that. Just normal feet." He said, only to then realize that human feet wouldn't really be normal for a centaur. He was a bit disappointed that Aiden corrected the centaur, but delighted with the joke she made out of it. She was funny! Jasper didn't recognize the name Aspen mentioned, but did remember Maddy telling him about meeting a centaur. "Did you meet my friend Maddy? She told me she met a centaur in the woods." He said. "Maybe it was a different one?" He wasn't sure how many there were that would talk to students. "Dunno who Tahwai is though."

Aiden laughed as the centaur mentioned going to the shops. Aspen was actually pretty funny and so was Jasper, so he even felt a bit bad that he hasn't made any jokes just yet. Aiden was funny too, he just was the younger one in this conversation and he wasn't sure about what to say. He listened as Jasper and Aspen talked about feet and then listened to Aspen's comment about Aidenseventhyear. - Well, why is that? I mean.. does it like code in your mind? Or is your mind a bit less advanced than ours? Aiden looked at the centaur and only then realised that that sounded a bit mean - I mean, I'm sorry, but that's just a question. He hoped to fix the situation by saying that. Aspen mentioned Tahwai, although he had no idea of who it was. - I don't know who is Tahwai.. He said, after turning to Jasper - Is that the reason you went to the forest today? Because your friends already saw a centaur and you wanted too? Aiden asked.

Aspen rolled her eyes. she was just having fun with the boys. and they were taking things too seriously. "I know you don't have hooves. but I would say hooves are normal and feet are the abnormal things, what even is the point of toes?" she said, normal was a matter of perspective. and she was sure one of the boys would disagree with her. but to here having hooves wasnormal. she had no idea what it would feel like to wiggle her toes.
as the other boy spoke she snorted feeling herself become annoyed with each word. "who are you calling less advanced. just because we chose to be classed as beasts so as not to be lumped in with hags and vampires does not make us any less advanced than you spend some time with centaurs and i am sure you will learn a thing or two" she said annoyance evident in her voice. "you are aidenfirstyear because that is what you introduced yourself as justaiden. if you feel you have to introduce yourself as a name and rank then maybe you are the less advanced society" she said. maybe this was why there had been multiple deaths in the hands of centaurs in this forest. students not giving them the respect they deserved. she was fairly relaxed but his comment had riled her up. though she was sure Rowan and Madlyn's dad had not made such an obvious error so maybe there was more to it than that.
she turned back to the other boy he seemed more fun. "maddy. yes, that was the other name Tahwai used. " she said. the girl had introduced herself as maddy first then said that her other name was Tahwai which was the name of a tree, as everyone in her herd had tree names it had been the one that had stuck just like aidenfirstyear.

Jasper frowned a bit as the centaur said that she would say feet were abnormal. "Toes help us walk. I'm pretty sure without them we would fall over a lot more." He told her, then grinned. "But I guess hooves would do that too. I'd like to have those, I think running would be much easier." He told her, trying to imagine himself as a centaur for a moment. He wished Aiden hadn't mentioned centaurs being less advanced. Jasper had often heard he was tactless, but even he could tell this wasn't a smart thing to say. Though he kinda liked that the centaur seemed to like him better, and while he thought Aiden was a cool guy, he was glad Aspen's wrath was mainly aimed at him. Jasper was fairly surprised when it turned out Tahwai was Maddy. A bit annoyed too. He had hoped she had exaggerated about befriending the centaur so he could have beaten her to really befriending her. But he supposed it was kinda nice that they had met the same one. "Oh, she's my friend." He said with a grin. At Aiden's question, he shrugged. "Kinda. I wanted to see if she was lying or not."

Aiden listened to their conversation with interest with a huge smile on his face. He really was in the middle of a forest with a older student and a real centaur.. and they all were talking. Well, Aspen was more concentrated on the conversation with Jasper, but he still felt like an important part of this discussion. When Aspen answered Aiden's question, he stopped smiling and felt a little offended just as the centaur probably felt. Aiden just wanted to know what it was like, as this magical world and magical creatures like centaurs were something new for him and he just wanted to gather as much information as possible from Aspen. - Well, not going to say anything. Aiden kept a stone face and a cold voice saying that. - There's a reason tho, why you're in a forest and I'm everywhere else.. Aiden said, only few seconds after realising that it might hurt the creature also and he decided to do something. - Sorry. Aiden didn't know why he said that, but he felt that Aiden probably was giving Aspen a reason to possibly danger him, so he stepped away a little bit, then turning to Jasper - I see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back