Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bi (Flynn)
Wand
Curly 14 1/2 Inch Unyielding Cypress Wand with Veela Hair Core
Ivy wondered why she had bothered dressing up, but she did enjoy how she looked. She just hated that she was here by herself, again. But it beat being with someone who didn't really like her, or would lie about her like Sawyer had. She was hanging out near one of the snack tables, sipping a drink as she looked around. She had heard Brooke had a date, which was a bit annoying, but she hoped she could hang out with Delilah instead. Things had been a bit tense between them, but Ivy would happily spend the night talking to her instead of hanging out here by herself. She sighed as a catchy song started playing, her foot tapping to the beat without her really noticing. She wished she could go dance, but going alone felt too silly. Ivy didn't have the confidence for that.

Ana Sofia was a little disappointed that the dress she had initally planned to wear had somehow ended up not fitting her. She wasn't sure where things had gone wrong but there was nothing else to do than to just deal with it. Since she had already bought it she had managed to convince her younger sister to wear the dress, almost a little envious when she noticed her on the dancefloor twirling it around. With her dress not working out she had opted for a shorted one instead, one she hadn't specifically gotten for the yule ball. She liked it though. It was simple, sure, but it was soft and easy to dance in. Perhaps even better to dance in than the one she had intended on wearing. Making her way around the hall, Ana smiled when she noticed some of her friends with their dates. It was hard not to when they looked like they were enjoying themselves. What she also noticed was Ivy standing to the side, tapping her feet along to the music, and she couldn't help but to make her way over. "You're allowed to move more than just your foot, y'know?" Ana greeted jokingly.

Ivy had been lost in thought until she heard a familiar voice. She smiled slightly at the sight of Ana Sofia, cheerful as always. She glanced down at her foot and shrugged guiltily. "I suppose." She said. "I don't really fancy dancing by myself." She added as an explanation. "Are you here with anyone?" She asked the Hufflepuff, wondering if she was talking to her while she was waiting for the person she really wanted to hang out with at an event, whoever that may be. She didn't keep too up-to-date on gossip. Did Ana Sofia have a boyfriend? Girlfriend? Ivy had no idea, but it felt like a weird question to suddenly ask.

Ana Sofia nodded when Ivy mentioned she didn't fancy by herself. Personally, she didn't have any trouble with heading out onto the dancefloor on her own. It had been her plan in the first place, but she could understand not everyone felt that way. "No, I'm on my own." She answered with a small shake of her head. "I usually hang out with my best friends but they're a little preoccupied." Ana giggled softly. It had felt like a bit of an adjustment at first but she was confident she could have plenty of fun without them. "Are you?" She asked in response. "If not, we could go dance if you'd like? I was planning on dancing anyways." She offered with a smile, wondering if Ivy really hadn't felt like dancing on her own or if she just didn't feel like dancing in general.

Ivy was somehow a bit relieved to hear Ana Sofia was on her own. She gave the girl a slight smile and a shrug. "Me too." She admitted. Ivy nodded in sympathy at Ana Sofia's words. "Do your friends have dates?" She asked, then grimaced. "I mean, I know the feeling." She added, hoping that she hadn't guessed wrong. Ivy shook her head at Ana Sofia's question. "I'm here on my own too." She admitted. "I was hoping to run into Delilah, but I haven't seen her." She had no idea if Ana Sofia knew Delilah, but considering they were classmates she assumed the Hufflepuff would know who she was talking about. She hesitated for a moment when the other girl asked if they could dance. Her mind flashed to Sawyer, and she wondered briefly if she had somehow accidentally enchanted Ana Sofia with her Veela powers. But no, she was just being friendly. "I would like to." She finally said, feeling oddly shy. "If you're sure."

Ana Sofia didn't think she would've mind if Ivy had been waiting on anything but it was nice to think she wouldn't have to leave as soon as someone else showed up. "Yeah, they do." She nodded in reply to Ivy's question about her friends. While she didn't specifically minded that she didn't have a date herself she did think it was a nice idea to just know who you'd spend the evening with. Although admittedly, she always quite liked to see who she would end up talking to as well. "Any idea what she's wearing? I can keep an eye out." Ana offered, standing on her tiptoes to see if there was any sign of their classmate. Her face lit up when Ivy agreed to go dance and she happily clapped her hands together. "Well like I said I was going to dance anyways and I reckon dancing with someone else is even more fun." She beamed before turning around and heading towards the dancefloor, checking to see if Ivy was following a few steps in.

Ivy was glad she had guessed right and that Ana Sofia didn't seem offended by her assumption. She shrugged when Ana Sofia asked about Delilah, shaking her head. "No, no clue." She said, glancing around as well. "I don't even know if she's coming, to be honest." Ivy admitted, suddenly feeling like a terrible friend. She really should have asked. Ivy smiled hesitantly when Ana Sofia agreed to dance with her. She was probably one of those people who could dance on their own without it seeming weird. Ivy definitely wasn't. She followed the Hufflepuff onto the dance floor, already feeling stiff and awkward in comparison.

Ana Sofia nodded when Ivy didn't seem to know what Delilah was wearing. She had known exactly what Rose and Essie were wearing which made them easy to spot among the crowd. It might've been easier for her to know that because they shared a dorm though, she knew Ivy and Delilah didn't. "Oh, well, maybe we'll run into her. Or maybe not." She responded with a small shrug. Making her way onto the dancefloor Ana didn't hesitate to get dancing when she reached a good spot, happily moving around to the music. "The trick is.." She smiled as she twirled around, still wondering why Ivy hadn't been keen to dance on her own in the first place. "To have fun." She finished with a giggle as she danced around without a care in the world. Except maybe bumping in to other students around her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back