Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
Xavier 💕
Wand
Straight 12 1/2 Inch Unyielding Ash Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Alexis jumped up from her place on the bench upon seeing October caught the snitch. The fifth-year was beaming with pride on seeing Joshua stepping up and managing to score for the team. Alexis must admit that she feared that Joshua would be pissed at her for not playing. That she seemed to have abandoned him, her best friend. The team was touching back down in cheers and flushed faces. Clapping her hands, she locked her gaze on Joshua and was about to hug him when Joshua just ignored her as he made his way to their changing room.
Alexis stopped outside and shuffled her feet as she waited for her best friend to emerge. It would be one hell of a fight if she would let this on for a while. How could she explain to Joshua why she was not able to play?

OOCOut of Character:
Better late than never for this thread. Also, he was still stuttering at this point.

Joshua came back outside in his regular clothing and with no broomstick in his possession. He has been thinking about buying a broomstick if he decides to stay on the team that is. He considers that maybe it will help him with the game, that he'll be able to score a lot better with a well-performing broomstick. Joshua yield, as he is forced to stop outside the changing room coming face to face with Alexis. He sighs dejectedly, staring down at the ground. Joshua didn't have the energy for this right now, he was tired and their team won. He was disappointed that she missed the game, but he wasn't gearing up to argue with his best friend.

"C-can we not do this, Alexis," Joshua grumbles.
"I d-don't want to hear your excuses about skipping the game. It's obviously n-not that important to you."

Alexis saw their team emerge from the changing rooms, smiling and congratulating them on the win. She even apologized at Jackson for being late. Fortunately, Joshua came out last which was good for what she knew would transpire. Alexis' smile faltered upon hearing her best friend sigh dejectedly. Her heart ached that somehow she failed him. She knew how Joshua got nervous on things like this and how he rejoined just because of her. Fiddling her hands in front of her, she gently took a step forward. "Josh, I-", she started, about to reach for his hand but stopped."I-I'm sorry.", she sighed. Alexis could feel tears on her eyes but she was putting on a brave face. "The game is important for me. You know that.", she reasoned out.

Joshua hears what he assume was hurt in her voice, he kept his eyes down to the ground. Joshua did not want to hear any of it, and yet, he is forced to and he is forced to react. "S-so why weren't you there? It's so important to you b-but you weren't there," he felt his own voice shake and the anger tearing from his throat. It was hard for him to keep it all bottle up, he didn't want to hurt Alexis, she was his best friend. Joshua did not want to hurt his best friend. She has been there for him, for most things....or so he thought. "No, it's n-not and I join the team for you, I t-tried out for you," Joshua gives an exhausting sigh. He wanted to leave, he was going to leave her to her own device. "J-just leave me alone."

Alexis' blue eyes widened at Joshua's words. Sweet best friend Joshua was capable of angry feelings. If this was only a joke then she would have laughed at how he looked right now. But then, it was not a joke. Her best friend was angry, worse, at her. Looking at him, asking questions, she wanted to lie but she could not bring herself to do it. "I-I lost track of time. I was with...", she sighed, looking so defeated, "I was with Xavier.", she finally admitted. "Joshua, I swear I did not intend to miss the match.", she pleaded, grabbing hold of his arm desperately. She knew that Joshua would need his space but she could not go on like this, them being both in the same house.

Joshua tense up and push the other's hands away from him. "Is t-that all everyone cares about, is stupid relationships," he says without thinking and was shock to hear himself say that. And yet, increasingly he was starting to notice the trend around him. First, it was Simon, and then Alexis, Joshua was probably jealous. If he was ever able to come to that conclusion, however, he didn't care. He was mad, and Alexis was in his way. "I said leave me alone," Joshua spoke through gritted teeth and rushed passed Alexis. He had enough of it, he didn't want to hear her stupid excuses anymore.

Hands being pushed away stunned the girl. She just stood there shocked and unsure of what to do. She really understood why Joshua was like that and she deserved what he just did. Unable to stop herself, Alexis blurted out, "Yeah, it might be stupid. Stupid that I came to the match late. But for me, it was my stupidity that pushed you to step up and excel in something you don't want to be a part of. Then again, you'll pin it back to me! Because of me, convincing you, you would not have to be playing this year.", tears already sprung to her eyes, she only noticed them when they have wet her cheeks. "Fine, I'll leave you alone.", she added defeatedly, "I'm sorry. I really am. For this. For everything. I-I won't bother you anymore.", she sobbed, running back to the dorm room, past Joshua who was already a few feet away from where she stood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back