Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
Straight (Zoe)
Wand
Knotted 12 Inch Rigid Ebony Wand with Acromantula Web Core
Halloween was a fun day for the twins, as it was their birthday. It wasn't a holiday that was traditionally celebrate in New Zealand, but the two of them had always loved it. It had felt special to be born on a day so shrouded in darkness and eerie imagery. Theodore had been excited to find the school celebrated it, as a school of magic would surely go all out in such an event.

They had gone all out with their costumes, and Theodore thought they must look very chilling as they stood next to each other peering at everyone else. Well, they appeared to be looking at everyone. Ironically, their eyeball costumes didn't have the best eye-holes, so it wasn't easy to really see much. He saw enough to make his lip curl in disappointment, though. Most of the students were dressed in such silly clothes, it had nothing to do with being frightening or appreciating the Halloween aesthetic. Their own costumes were based on vintage Halloween costumes and were far superior to most of the princesses, pirates, animals and baffling creations wandering around. He sighed. "This isn't what I had hoped." He muttered, touching his brother's hand lightly. Normally he would have said this all with a simple look, but their costume made that impossible.

Edmund didn't know what he had expected from his first birthday away from home, but it wasn't this. The twins birthday was a day of darkness and the macabre, and that was how they liked it. The twins had worked hard on their costumes, wanting to look their best, and Edmund was proud of his bizarre, unsettling appearance. Being almost completely unable to see was a small price to pay. He stayed close to Theodore, hoping that between the two of them they would be able to navigate with their limited range of vision.

Unfortunately, the Halloween Feast was nothing like Edmund had hoped. He was almost bowled over as a girl in a frilly princess dress went careening past, and edged even closer to Theodore, glaring at her from inside his inscrutable mask. He was almost relieved to hear Theodore express similar disappointment. It was harder to tell that they were on the same page in these masks, though of course they were, they always were. Edmund nodded, his whole eyeball bobbling up and down. "Don't any of these people know Halloween is supposed to be scary?"

Alexis arrived at the Great Hall to attend her first Halloween Feast. She had received her costume that morning from her brother whose girlfriend was in the modeling industry. She loved the costume so much that she couldn't wait to wear it. She looked around the place and the people in their own costumes, scary and funny alike, when she noticed two eyeballs talking with each other. She made her way towards them when she could already recognized the voices. The Westwick twins, she smiled inwardly. "Hello, Theodore.Edmund." , she greeted them with a smile and a small wave of her hand. "Enjoying the feast?", she inquired as a way of small talk.

Theodore snorted in agreement with Edmund. "I suppose they want to scare us with how utterly mundane and boring they all are. And it's working. I'm terrified of becoming like them." He joked quietly. Then they were approached by someone he vaguely recognized, and she was a perfect example of a costume he despised. Animal ears were the cheapest way to dress up. He also felt uncomfortable being recognized so easily by a girl he couldn't name. Though he hadn't bothered to learn any of the names of his fellow first-years. He didn't answer her instead he looked at Edmund. "Oh look, Edmund, there is an example now of a dreadfully boring and simple costume. I wonder what she is supposed to be, a rabbit? Let's hope she hops away before she bores us to death." He said dryly, turning his head back to her, hoping to unnerve her with the gaze of the giant eyeball he had over his face. Unfortunately, it didn't seem to be working so far.

Edmund gave a small snort of laughter in agreement with Theodore's comment. He couldn't imagine being the kind of person who saw the most interesting, terrifying night of the year, and thought a princess was an appropriate thing to dress up as. How dreary. Almost as if his thoughts had summoned her, another girl in an equally boring costume approached. What kind of costume was a rabbit on a night dedicated to the macabre? And how did this girl even know their names? Thankfully, Edmund didn't need to collect his thoughts enough to fill his usual role as the twin who interacted with the outside world, because Theodore articulated his thoughts exactly before he had to say anything. Edmund chuckled softly, turning his eyeball onto the girl as well. "What a pity. Nobody here seems to have any decent sense of how to dress for the occasion."

As the feast commenced and festivities went underway, Katherine slowly made her way through the hall, taking in the costumes throughout and occasionally complimenting those that were particularly well done. As always, it was going to be tough to choose a winner for each contest category. The Headmistress made a stop by two young children in matching eye costumes, no doubt one of the many sets of twins the school housed, which was confirmed as a young girl referred to them by name. Of course, the Westwick boys, she remembered the new sortees much better than she did the older students, having called them each by name at the start of the year. Before she could make a comment on their impressive costumes however, she was surprised to hear such rude comments being made about not only Alexis and her outfit, but the majority of the other students, too. Perhaps if they had better peripherals in their costume, they might have noticed the Headmistress hovering behind them. "Children." She cut through the comments sternly, stepping to the front of the boys to give them a chance to see her much more clearly. "I'm disappointed. I'd suggest keeping rude comments to yourself in future. I won't tolerate any student putting another student down, especially for such a trivial reason. Ten house points, from the both of you. Now, apologise to Miss Kramer and be on your way."
<i></i>

Alexis stood there with her smile frozen on her face. Not only did they ignore her but criticized her choice of costume. She was not a rabbit nor dressing close to it. She was a fox for Merlin's sake. She balled her fists in anger and embarrassment but she was determined not to show it to the twins. She opened her mouth about to shot back a reply when she noticed a presence behind the boys. Headmistress Alicastell was there in all her glory. She smiled politely at her,which was unnoticed by the twins. She contemplated greeting the headmistress when the woman spoke out and walked in front of Edmund and Theodore. The woman's voice assured her that she was reprimanding them for being rude. A trait not worthy of a Ravenclaw. However, what came out next of the woman's mouth made the young Kramer dropped her jaw. Ten points! From both of them! That is twenty points! ,she mentally calculated. She stepped forward to voice out her concern,"Professor,if I may ask. Was that ten points from each of them?", her voice laced with worry. Happy that they were told to apologize to her, but still they were in the same house which felt that she was losing points as well.

Before the girl could say something to defend her silly costume, another voice cut through their talk. He saw the headmistress only as she stepped in front of them, as their costume really didn't let them see much else. He stared at her blankly as she reprimanded them for being rude and took twenty house points. It seemed a bit much, though he supposed he may have hurt the girl's feelings. It just seemed like a waste to him to dress up as something so trivial on such a night. If he cared about house points or winning he might have been upset to lose twenty on their birthday, but he wasn't very competitive. It was such a transparent way to make students behave the way professors thought they should behave, that he couldn't really bring himself to care. Ironically, the girl he had insulted seemed more appalled at the loss than he was. He sighed when she told them to apologize, knowing better than to defy the headmistress to her face. He turned his eyeball to the girl. "Sorry." He said flatly before reaching for Edmund's arm, mostly to show they would be moving along like she suggested. They would find a better spot to watch the other students and enjoy the festivities. He wished he could eat something but the eyeball wasn't very practical in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back