Open I love... cake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Elvera Le Fey

Seer, Mother of twins, Divination 3-4, inner eye

OOC First Name
Mia
Wand
Oak 14 3/4" with an Essence of Raven Feather core.
Elvera made her way to the great hall. She was not a fan of valentines day. The whole sentiment behind it while she understood the idea behind it. but she just wasnt caught up in the spirit of it. love always ended up in heartbreak. Romance was just an elusion. the only exception was family, even that ended in heartbreak eventually. but family was worth it. Unfortunatly, she was to supervise the dance. She dressed in a red dress and made her way to the hall. once she was there she wandered around the hall. the decorations were impressive. She loved the roses on the ceiling but found the tables a bit too much. there was so much pink and red she wished she had gone for a darker colour dress but it was too late to change. once she had assessed the room she made her way to the food table and took a slice of the black forest gateau before making her way to a table with a good view in order to supervise from in order to eat it.

Matt didn't usually enjoy going to these events, but at least it was nice to see the students having fun. He smiled as he spotted April heading in with her boyfriend, though he didn't think she had seen him. He always felt awkward standing around on his own, so when he spotted a colleague he headed over to her quickly. "Hello Elvera, I see you dressed for the event." He said with a smile, referencing her red dress. "That cake looks pretty good, I usually spend my time at these events eating the food and trying not to remember my own awkward dances from my time at school." He said with a small chuckle. "How are you doing?"

Elvera looked up as someone approached her and smiled when she saw Matt the history of magic teacher. she didn't knows him that well but he did always seem nice and friendly when they had run into each other. "Thank you. I thought why not go for a bit of red" she said. smiling as he commented on her dress. she had quite a few red stresses so thought why not dress for the occasion. She chuckled as he said he usually spent the events here eating the food. "they do always outdo themselves at the events. have a fork and help yourself. she said picking a fork out of the basket on the table that containedcutleryy and napkins and offering it to him. "I am sure they weren't that embarrassing. I think I have spent more dances as a professor than a student. they have all pretty much all merged together" she said. taking a forkful of the cake. "I am well, the same as always reily. how are you" she said. nothing too exciting was going on in her life at the moment ad she took that as a good thing.[/B]

Matt nodded at Elvera with a smile. "It suits the day." He said, though he knew he was repeating himself. He thanked her and took the fork and napkin from her, starting on on a piece of cake. Matt was puzzled by her next statement, but then remembered something. "Oh, right. You were a professor here before, right?" He asked, as in his mind Elvera was still a fairly new addition to the staff. But he'd heard she had taught here before taking a break, before Matt had been a professor here. "You underestimate the awkwardness of teenage Matt, though." He said with a slight smile. "Most of these kids look so much more composed than I ever was." He was glad the kids seemed more confident in general than he had been, especially April who was pretty much his opposite in every way. "I'm alright. The dances are fun, but I do hope I can get home to my husband soon as well." He said with a small smile. "But it's also nice to be at April's last school event." He nodded over at where April was dancing with her boyfriend, a fond smile on his face. "How are the twins?" He asked Elvera, remembering she had children at Hogwarts as well.

Elvera nodded as Matt asked if she had been a professor at the school before. "Yes. I taught here for about ten years before i left to raise girls and homeschool them" she said. she couldnt actually remember how long she had been teaching but it had been about that. she chuckled as he said she underestimated how awkward the kids at the school were compared to teenage him. "of course the people at this dance are well-composed. they are either people who are here with someone special be it friends or partner. or they are the ones confident enough to vome to a valentines dance on their own. there will be a lot of students in and among the school tonight not attending the dance. selene was one of the latter students. she would bible be found in her dorm asleep or in the common room setting up for the night reading. "you will get to go soon. it wont be on too late tonight as there are classes tomorrow. and if you slip o=out early i wont tell, you deserve to spend valentines day with your husband" she said.
as matt talked about april she remembered that he had a daughter. "How is april? Is she excited for graduation" she said. as the questions about the twins she sighed. "what do you do. I hardly see Helia i think she is avoiding me. and Selene is struggling today delivering the roses really seemed to upset her" she said. but she didnt now what to do other than be sure that her daughter got a rose off her

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back