Relationship Status
Divorced
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence Of Hair From The Mane Of A Unicorn
...but what timezone are we working in?
Is it NZ time, or what? I don't knowww. >.<
(NZ time would be good, it's 2 hours ahead of Australian time!)

Everyone has their own times. For example, I'm in Central time, so it's 5:16 PM here.

There is no official 'site' time.

Except with seasons, where we follow northern hemisphere seasons :)

Time passes quicker here in HNZ than it does normally (For example, about 1 HNZ year = 3-4 months) So using real time wouldn't make sense.

That's true, but I was saying that christmas is in winter etc. :)

It's almost 1 AM here so I think I'll go to bed (got work tomorrow :( ) I'm writing to show how sucky it could be living in different time zones

Professor Nicolas King said:
I still think that's silly... because in New Zealand Christmas is in Summer.

true, but do you always have a summer vacation, or is it winter vacation? 2 months off school)

If it is summer vacation, that would throw the Yule Ball (because it was near christmas) etc. out of wack. I think as is works as the fact that we don't follow the current season (for instance it is not spring (fall for southerners) right now on HNZ it is summer) already confuses new members enough.

Thanatos Perthro said:
I still think that's silly... because in New Zealand Christmas is in Summer.
Lies, I bet you're one of the those people who says that it doesn't snow on Mercury.

true, but do you always have a summer vacation, or is it winter vacation? 2 months off school)

If it is summer vacation, that would throw the Yule Ball (because it was near christmas) etc. out of wack. I think as is works as the fact that we don't follow the current season (for instance it is not spring (fall for southerners) right now on HNZ it is summer) already confuses new members enough.
lol, we have Summer Vacation... only, our school year starts in February and ends in December... rather than starting in June, or whatever it does there. We have Yule, only it's celebrated in the Summer, too. Just like we celebrate Samhain (Halloween) in the Spring.

But I guess your right, it might confuse people. Maybe the HNZ grounds is enchanted to reflect English weather? It could have been a mishap of an anti-muggle charm, or something.

What about classes? Do people just post at their own times?

(lol, you weird people with Christmas in Winter. Who does that? 40 degree Christmas Day plz.)

Once a lesson has been posted, you have a week to do it at your own leisure. Unless you're like me and post them all in the make up section two days before exams. :o

Haha, nice.

I understand now! *feels enlightened*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back