Hufflepuff Quidditch Tryouts!

Rhyspa Marinescu

OOC First Name
Katie; Mini Me
Wand
Willow Wand 14" Unicorn Tail Hair
Rhyspa headed down to the Quidditch Pitch, her Amethyst Streak in one hand and her beaters bat in the other. She had the sign up list in her back pocket and some writing supplies in her messenger bag for last minute signups. Rhyspa was excited about the upcoming season, but she was nervous too. What if they didn't get to have Quidditch this year. Ever since she got here, it had been hard to get a game going.

Rhyspa put her stuff down and got the case of Quidditch balls. Getting on her broom, she began warming up, waiting for the others to show up for tryouts.

[OOC- Please RP your tryout in the position YOU want to play. I need to see your IC's skills on the pitch.]

william flew in on his broomstick, with sunglasses on with a tan, he landed on the pitch noticing the hufflepuff captain on the ground, he landed not far from the girl and jumped off his brrom and grabbed it with his left hand and with a smile on his face began walking towards the girl. "not to early am i?" he smiles

After a few practice laps, Rhyspa landed on the ground. It felt good to have the wind whipping through her hair. Twirling her beaters bat, she glanced towards the entrance wondering where the hopefuls were. She saw a figure flying through the gate and heading towards her. It was the older boy from the Common Room. He didn't say a word that day. Rhyspa eyed him as he landed and got off the broom and walked towards her smiling.

"You're right on time," Rhyspa said, a slight smirk played on her lips. "William Roads?"

Libby had only just heard about the Hufflepuff Quidditch team try-outs. Running down to the Quidditch pitch to see how things where going and whether or not she still had a chance, she found just two others already there. She smiled, "I didn't sign up initially. Cna i still try for Keeper?" she asked, trying to stand still although found herself both excited and nervous. She had been waiting to try and get into the team since she was eight.

"last time i checked i was" he laughed slightly as he ran his left hand through his hair

Violet wanted to be different this year. Instead of her usual position of Chaser, Violet wanted to try out for Keeper. Which suited well, Patricia wanted to be a Chaser instead of Keeper. Perhaps they could swap.
Firebolt in hand, Violet raced down to the Quidditch pitch, excited to fly again. "Hey Spa!" she cried, smiling at her roommate and fellow prefect, before nodding at the other two people. "I'm going to try for Keeper," she grinned, mounting her broom and making a couple of laps of the pitch before she moved to the goal posts to block goals.

Katheryn arrived at the pitch slightly unsure if it was a good idea for her to be there. She had played Keeper on the Hufflepuff team when she was a first and second year but when she had left her third year, she had given up the position. Katheryn still played Keeper with Cameron and Kiera but she didnt know if that was enough to get her the position. She really wanted to return to it, but she knew there was another girl about her age trying out. Katheryn smiled but remained rather stand offish since she wasnt really familiar with the other four people on the pitch.

Emma woke up a bit nervous for the events that were taking place today. She knew that Quidditch try outs were going to be held that day. That made all those small butterflies that seemed to appear fly around in her stomach. Getting out of bed, Emma began to get ready. She grabbed her Amethyst Streak and left the classroom.

This Hufflepuff walked out to the pitch her broom still in her hand. Her nerves were dying down finally. Today was the day. I've got this She thought hoping that the beater position that she planned and for the past had been giving a little extra time towards, would be her's.

Emma approached the group that was already on the pitch, "Hello All" She said flashing them a smile hoping that her cheerful attitude would kill the remaining nerves that were about her. "I'm going to try out for Beater" Emma said finding that a needed fact.

as he looks at the young girl who stated she was trying out to be a beater, william laughs "you a beater? give me a break, for one you need to be strong and if this team wants to win you have no chance of being that, me on the other hand, with mucsles like mine and the fact i played when i was in drumstrang as a beater, has a goos chance of getting the position i wish for" he smirked

Patricia woke up that morning, excited as ever at the prospect of getting up in the air and maybe playing some Quidditch. Afterall Quidditch was a rarity at HNZ, she hoped, like every year, this year would be different. Grabbing her Amethyst Streak she made her way down to the pitch.

As she arrived she saw a small group of people already there. "Hiya guys." She said. "I'm trying to Chaser today." she said, seeing as everyone else was stating the positions they were trying out for. As she was about to mount her broom for a few warm up laps she turned her head to a boy, a new sixth year as far as she was aware. He was bad mouthing Emma, a girl who she hadn't talked to much in her 3 years at HNZ, but had gotten along with. Oh no he doesn't she thought angrily.

"Hey!" She said with a harsh tone. "Lay off her alright. If she wants to try out for beater let her, everyone has the right to do what they want." She finished. She wanted to continue, but right here, right now, was not the best time to start a fight with an older student. "You coming up Emma." She turned to her friend.

Mounting her broom she kicked off. She was high above the ground in no time at all. She started to flying around the stadium, gathering more and more speed with every second. The wind felt good on her face, blowing her hair behind her. The speed felt good, just what she needed after the rant to that boy. Once she had done a few laps she started to do a few flips, something she had learned back in her first years. After a few loop de loops in a row she pulled up on her broom and flew at an even level, she flew up to the goals at the far end of the pitch.

Once she arrived there she started to weave in and out of them, starting from the top, making her way to the bottom, each time leaving it almost too late to pull out before she would collide with the post itself. Once she reached the bottom of the goal posts she flew over to where everyone else was at, with gathering speed. Once she arrived back to where everyone was at, she was slightly out of breath. "That felt good." She said with a small laugh as she demounted her broom.

Lemina bounded down to the Quidditch Pitch. Today was the tryouts. She had spend the morning digging out her old Quidditch gear and fixing up her Amethyst Streak a little. She smiled as she saw most of her house assembled there. Rhyspa, Violet, Patricia, Katheryn, Emma and Liberty. There was also an older she had met before, but had never actually talked to. "Hey everyone!" She stood with her broom, ready to fly.

This was it. The day he was waiting for all of his life. To actually try-out for a spot on his house team. How proud he would feel if he got on the team. Sam threw on his shirt and grabbed his Emerald Streak which was newly polished. He held it in his hand and inhaled deeply. Today would be his one and only shot at this and that thought made him feel quite nervous. "No. You can do this." He told himself out loud. This will just be like any of your practices. He reminded himself. He had already been out practicing today so this would be no different. Except for the fact that this is my only shot! He continued to think. Looking at the time he shook his head. He could do this, he knew he could but he just hoped his nerves wouldn't get in the way. He then left his dorm quickly with his broom in his hand.

As he made his way onto the pitch his nerves seemed to be put at ease, this was almost like his second home, he spent all of his time here. What was there to be nervous about? He noticed a small gathering of people already there. He waved over to them, "Hey. I hope I'm not late or anything." Sam said with a shrug and loosened his grip on his broom, these were fellow Hufflepuff's aswell. A nice group of people. It seemed silly to him now why he was stressing up in his dorm. He was ready to fly and try his best for a spot on the team.

Neita arrived on the quidditch pitch, her stomach doing flips from her nervousness. She arrived in time to hear an older boy tell a girl, who was probably a year or two above her that she wouldn't make it as a beater. Neita suddenly felt it wouldve been better if she hadnt come. 'Too late now' she thought.

The second year girl gave everyone a small smile and wave "Im trying out for seeker," she said "and beater." she added very quietly under her breath.

as all the lower years arrived he sighed to himself "oh god give me strength" he smirks as he gets his bat from his back of his trousers and jumped onto his broomstick and kicked off into the air swinging his bat in his hand around his wrist and then begins swinging it through the air as fast as he could then begins to do laps around the pitch going fast with each time, whilst still swinging his bat through the air

It was the day of Quidditch tryouts, and Vivienne was very excited. As she made her way onto the pitch, broom in hand, she noticed that a small crowd of people had already arrived. Some of them Vivienne recognised, but quite a few were strangers to her. "Um, hey guys! Sorry.. am I late?" she asked sheepishly, glancing around for the Captain. Seeing that a couple of people had already mounted their brooms, Vivienne wondered if she should as well. "I'd like to try out for Seeker, if that's okay.." she asked the Captain, looking around for a Snitch or something.

"Ya William, give people a chance" Romeo smirks as he walks onto the Quidditch Pitch, and spoke in agreement with the other people. He had learnt the boys name from many different sources including discussions with professors. Romeo had just come to watch, he didn't want to get to involved. 'Hm. This William guy is kind of sexy' Romeo thought to himself. He strutted over to William and smiled "Like oh my gosh, do you want to paint our nails" he giggled to himself, then walked over to the captain, of which Romeo had seen around the school. "Hey do you mind if I watch?" he asked.

Rhyspa smiled and greeted each of the students trying out. "Hey guys!" she said. Emma and a few others walked up and told her what they would be playing. Rhyspa nodded as Emma told her she would be trying out for beater. "Hey!" Rhyspa snapped to the older boy William. "Just because she's small doesn't mean she doesn't have strength. If you're going to be a smart ass you can get the hell off the pitch. I don't have time for you're attitude or ego. I don't give a damn if you've played at Durmstrang."

Taking a breath, Rhyspa finished writing down all the names. Soon another student she'd never met before walked onto the pitch. He didn't have anything with him, so she assumed he was a spectator. "Yeah. I don't care if you watch."

william smirked as romeo spoked to him, just as he landed back onto the ground swinging his bat around his wrist as he looks at all the people from hufflepuff watching the try-outs, as he raised his bat the crowd cheered and a smirk appears onto his face
colin_farrell1_300_400.jpg

Sam looked at the older boy who seemed to be quite nasty to a lot of the younger students. Sam kept quiet, he didn't want to make an enemy out of this guy especially since he was so much older. Sam noticed a few people walk up to the captain and tell her what they were trying out for. He figured he should do the same. He walked up to her and said, "I'd like to try out for chaser..or Beater." he gave her a small smile. He didn't know wheter or not he could try out for two positions but they were the ones he was able to do and he thought that he would let that out there. Sam then walked over to Vivienne someone he was starting to befriend and stood next to her.

as he lowered his arm, he turns noticing people around the cpatian and took out his comb and began combing his hair back, then slips his comb in his back pocket and began walking through the crowd until he was infront of the captian "william roads, yes you guessed it correctly, beater" he laughed
colin+f.jpg

Emma was a little taken back on the boy's comment. What had she ever done to him? Though this Hufflepuff wasn't one to usually get into a verbal fight so she remained quiet giving him a small look. Yet as both Pat, who Emma had rarely talked to but of course liked, and Rhyspa, the captian, stood up for her, a smile spread across her lips. "Thanks" Emma said quietly to both of them keeping her eyes off the older boy who was probably in his sixth or seventh year.

Carefully she swung her leg over the broom, and took another deep breath. After the boy's comment and having people stand up for her, Emma felt like she had to do brilliant. You've been practicing. Just relax and go She thought kicking off the ground and hovering for a moment. And have a load of fun She thought the smile falling on her face, as she leaned forward.

The broom was off as was Emma, her brown hair flowing in the wind as her speed increased. Her small figure did let her go fast which would lead to people finding her in the position of chaser or seeker, but Emma did find beater the spot she liked. After a few warm up laps she landed onto the ground gracefully and picked up a beaters bat.

Now that she was all warmed up she was ready for this tryout to start, hopefully she would be able to pull off her best skills this time.

Caysi ran across the lawn, she really hoped that she wasn't late. She had her bag on her shoulder and her broom in the other hand. She made her way up to where everyone is. " Hey guys, hope I'm not late, is there still room for one more?" She giggled. This was the first time that Caysi had stepped onto the Quidditch Pitch after returning to Hogwarts. " Sorry , I'm a bit late, alarm didn't go off." She let her Irish accent lead her away. Not being rude Caysi introduced herself. " Hello everyone, I'm Caysi Finnigan." She smiled, her green eyes scanning everyone.

Scowling Rhyspa turned away from the arrogant boy and trying not to turn around and bash his skull in. She smiled at Pat and Emma who were a few feet away from her. "Okay guys, lets start laps around the pitch-" Rhyspa broke off as a familiar face came closer and closer to the group. An all too familiar voice shouted out and Rhyspa's face lit into a smile. "Caysi!" Rhyspa grinned and hugged her friend. "You're not late! Right on time in fact! What are trying for?"

Caysi smiled and hugged back. " Hey! I missed you a lot!". Caysi thought about the position, " Umm.. I would like to try out for Seeker, is that alright?" She asked smiling, it was good to be back on the Quidditch Pitch.

Neita moved to the back of the crowd, away from the older boy who didnt believe Emma could be a beater because of her size. As she moved she bit her lip and looked down at herself, she was about the same size as Emma, maybe a tiny bit taller, she hesitated wondering if she should still go through with the tryouts.

As they were told to start doing laps Neita put away her hesitations, mounted her broom and took off around the pitch. The second year grinned as the world around her zoomed at a unnormally fast pace. On her second lap she slowed right now and let herself enjoy the thrill flying brought.

Neitas third lap was as fast as her first as she put the extra effort in again. As she finished she hovered waiting for further instructions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back