Hufflepuff Quidditch Tryouts!

Fiddling with the twigs on her broomstick, Vivienne tuned out the conversation around her. However, she did hear the captain tell them to go fly laps around the pitch. Swinging her leg over, the small girl was about to zoom off when she heard another voice. "Umm.. I would like to try out for Seeker, is that alright?" an older girl said, and Vivienne's heart sank. That was the position she wanted the most, but seemed clear that the older, more experienced girl would win it. Especially since she seemed to be good friends with the captain. Maybe I can be an alternate.. or a Chaser! Oh well, I'll try out anyway, Vivienne thought, determined to at least try; no matter how impossible it seemed to the second year girl.

Kicking off swiftly, Vivienne didn't look back as she flew higher and higher through the stadium. She shot around the bend, pushing the broom as fast as she could. Obviously it wasn't perfect, as it was impossible for anyone to fly like that. But still, Vivienne was having a good time, her hair flying behind her. After a few laps, she began to slow down a bit, headed for the direction of the other kids. She flipped one leg over the broom, so that she was now riding side-saddle. Floating downwards, Vivienne stayed sitting on the broomstick as it came to a halt. Her feet were dangling a few inches from the ground, as if she was perched on a high stool.

Rhyspa mounted her broom and told Caysi it was fine if she tried for seeker. There were quite a few people trying for positions. The students did laps around the pitch and Rhyspa landed on the ground. "Okay! Now we are going to start tryouts!" She opened the trunk and realeased the quaffle. "First off, Chasers! I'll need you to show me what you've got. Teamwork and skills!"

[Okay, I need you guys to RP you're tryout. Everyone can post their tryouts now.]

Caysi looked through her bag, trying to find her gold snitch. Finally retrieving it, she took it out of the box and mounted on her broom. She took a deep long breath and let it go. She quickly ruffled her hair and put it in a ponytail. " This shall be easy." She said to herself.

She quickly mounted off. She turned her head in every direction but didn't see the snitch. It was always tricky. She sighed, turning her head in every direction, yet again. She looked back at the Pitch all those new people.. She didn't even know half of their names, Caysi knew a few of them but that was because she was either friends with them or she knew them just from seeing them.

Caysi saw a little gold circle fly by her head. She quickly zoomed after it. " Finally." She said to herself. Caysi was going really fast concentrating on the snitch. What Caysi didn't notice was that she was going to crash into one of the goal posts. She quickly moved herself to the side. That was really close...

Caysi sighed. " This is going to be a bit harder than I thought." Caysi's green eyes scanned the people at the pitch again. Caysi stretched and cracker her fingers. She flew around a little bit and then saw the snitch. It was closer to the ground. She quickly dove down and moved closer to the edge of her broom. She quickly grabbed the snitch and fell off her broom.

She fell and tumbled around on the ground. As she was doing that grass and dirt collected on her face and in her mouth. When she got up she retrieved her broom and mounted off from the ground. She quickly flew to the pitch. " I caught it.' She said smiling to Rhyspa. Caysi started to take the dirt off with the sleeve of her t-shirt. Caysi sighed and sat down. She remembered all the good times on this pitch.

Neita took a deep breath as she was subbed into the game as a beater ‘I want this’ she thought stong willed ‘please don’t let me mess up’

She grabbed a beaters bat, mounted her broom and kicked off, moving into the game. Almost immediately Neita saw a bludger, proud of herself she sped towards it, with a proud smirk on her face, she swung her beaters bat hard at the bludger, they connected with a large bang and it was sent flying towards a chaser from the other team.

“Hehehe” Neita giggled evilly for effect. As if on cue she suddenly felt an unbearable pain in her left arm and the second year noticed shed been hit by another bludger. ‘Darn it’ she thought trying to hide the pain from her face. ‘I want this…’ she reminded herself.

Determined not to give in to the pain, she immediately spun around with a look of death on her face. “TAKE THAT!” she yelled as she swung with all her might sending the bludger back towards, the smirking beater from the other team.

Satisfied that the beater and the bludger had been taken care off, she turned her focus to the quaffle, she frowned frustrated as she saw a opposing chaser was about to score. Neita looked around and noticed a loose bludger she sprinted towards it and swung hard sending the bludger flying towards the opposing teams chaser. “SORRY!!” Neita yelled giggling as it hit the chaser.

All too soon Neita was subbed back out to allow others to try out, she tried to hide her disappointment, but she didn’t need to hide it long as she was soon subbed into the other team as a seeker.

Neita flew back into the game, her face barely containing her excitement. She flew above the action and looked around occasionally squinting to get a better look at shiny objects.

All of a sudden there was a little flitter in the west side of the field, Neita tried to move towards it without attracting attention, but the opposing teams seeker had already spotted it. Neita flew faster than she ever had before as the race to the snitch was on.

Neita was a bit closer and had a small advantage but the others teams seeker was a bit faster and as they neared the snitch they were neck on neck, striving to be in front, the pressure sent the hufflepuff girls adrenilene pumping and she found herself managing to keep up with her opponents pace.

When the snitch was about two metres away it moved into Neitas path, she stretched out her arm her fingers grasping for the snitch. She just managed to touch it as her alignment was thrown off as the opposing seekers outstretched hand hit into hers.

Frustrated Neita pushed on following the snitch. A bludger was sent flying towards the pair of seekers, the second year dodged it just in time, but this allowed the opposing seeker to get closer to the snitch. Neita gasped as she saw the snitch just outside his reach.
The second year sprinted towards it, hoping to intervene. Luck was on her side and they hadn’t lost the bludger easily, it turned and hit her opponent hard on her back. Thrown off balance, he went spiralling through the air.

Neita tried not to gloat at her opponents misfortune. She followed the snitch as it dropped suddenly towards the ground, by diving after it. It was once again almost within her reach, no opponent beside her this time. She reached out her palm, as she touched the snitch she was hit hard by another bludger. Her vision flashed in and out, she lost her sense of balance and was spiralling towards the ground.

She suddenly regained control, and prevented herself from crashing into the ground. Weakly she pumped her fist in the air in victory. “I got it” a lot more excited than she sounded as held the snitch out towards their captain, before allowing her sore body to collapse to the ground.

[OOC sorry if I went a bit long but it was my tryouts for two different positions *innocent smile*]

[[Okay, I really need y'all to post so we can get this show on the road. You've only got a few days left, so hurry up while you can!]]

[[ Do we post our try-outs like we would be playing against an opposing team in a proper match or do we post that it is with only the people who are trying out? sorry for the lame question but I just wasn't sure. :oy: ]]

Patricia heard Rhyspa give the command to go in the air. Mounting her broom she kicked off. She was high above the ground in no time at all. She started to flying around the stadium, gathering more and more speed with every second. The wind felt good on her face, blowing her hair behind her. The speed felt good, just what she needed after the rant to that boy. Once she had done a few laps she started to do a few flips, something she had learned back in her first years. After a few loop de loops in a row she pulled up on her broom and flew at an even level, she flew up to the goals at the far end of the pitch.

Once she arrived there she started to weave in and out of them, starting from the top, making her way to the bottom, each time leaving it almost too late to pull out before she would collide with the post itself. Once she reached the bottom of the goal posts she flew over to where everyone else was at, with gathering speed. Once she got to where everyone was she grabbed one of the quaffles. It took a bit getting used to the weight again, but after having the hurdled at you a few times during practice it wasn't too hard. Once she had the quaffle in hand she rose high into the air again and flew towards the goalposts.

Keep it cool, you can do this she told herself over and over again. It was weird going towards the goalposts, she was so used seeing it from the other end. She gave few free throws, getting the quaffle though the goals two out of her three tries. How she missed the goal with no keeper was beyond her, but hoped it wouldn't affect her getting on to the team. They're looking for mascots Patricia told herself, a bit downheartened. But she quickly pulled herself out of that when one of the people trying out for keeper joined her for a proper go at scoring goals.

With the quaffle in her hand she flew away from the goals to get a 'run up' to them. Once she was at least half way out she turned her broom and flew towards to goalposts, zipping in and out of invisible obstacles, as if there were other chasers. Once she was a few metres from the goalposts she threw the quaffle with almightly force and held her breath as she watched its path. With a sigh of relieve she saw the quaffle go in. One down two to go she thought as the keeper through it back to her. She did the same thing over again, flying out a bit and coming back in and throwing the quaffle as hard as she could, this time, the keeper caught it. It's ok you have one more turn she thought as she flew out a bit from the posts. Turning her broom she eyed up the goal posts and keeper, trying to think out the best place to aim the quaffle. This time she took a straight 'run up' to the goal posts and shot the quaffle to the far post and watched it go in.

She couldn't believe that she had actually scored two goals, it was two more than she expected. Taking the quaffle she made her way down to the ground again, a wide smile across her face. She was so happy. She landed and dismounted her broom. She lay on the ground and watched everyone else do they try-outs, hoping she did enough to get on to the team again.

[[Okay thanks :cool: ]]

As the Captain officially began the try-outs Sam's heart leaped inside his chest. This was his moment to show the captain what he could do. What he was capable of doing and that there was still room for improvment. He gripped his Emerald Streak tightly in his hand. This was his one shot at this and he couldn't blow it. Then why are you holding the broom so tight? He asked himself, Right. Just be cool. Act normal. No ones watching. He wished that no one was watching. But they were and he couldn't do anything about it. Sam loosened his grip on his broom and held it in a much more natrual vice. As his fellow Hufflepuffs mounted their brooms and flew in the air Sam followed. He threw one leg over the broom and instantly soared into the air. A rush of a refreshing breeze hit his face and he smiled. He now didn't care that the captain was watching, he felt a lot more comfortable now that he was doing what he loved. Flying.

Sam leaned on his broom the tinest bit and started to do a quick warm-up lap. At first he started off slowly and then began to build up to a greater speed though not to the full speed that 'The Streak's' could master. He still wasn't able to handle that yet. Coming back to the starting point Sam slowed down again showing how he could easily switch from speeds, if needed. Having his mind and his broom awakened Sam felt he was ready to try-out for a position on the Hufflepuff Quidditch team. He flew over and took one of the quaffles lying on the grass. He threw it up in the air and waited till it came back down to catch it. Sam put the quaffle under his arm and flew up to a higher point in the air. Sam let the quaffle drop from under his arm but he quickly caught it. The red ball was heavy but he was used to carrying and throwing it. He threw it a couple of times between his hands to get his hands warmed up. He continued to pass the quaffle to and fro in quick passes between his hands while flying towards the goalposts. Near enough to the goalposts Sam stopped passing the ball and he pullled his arm back to quickly swing it forward letting go of the quaffle. The quaffle flew at a force in the air and made it through the tall middle hoop. A small smile slid across Sam's lips as he went to fetch it.

Once he got the familiar ball back in his hand he let one hand onto his broom to bring him back up to where he was. Trying once more with a little more confidence Sam threw the quaffle with the same amount of force at the goalpost on his right side. The quaffle flew to the right and banged off the side of the hoop and began to fall to the ground. Missed! Damn it! Was that his chance ruined? Sam didn't want to think about it. Inside he placed both hands around his brooms neck and leaned down to catch the quaffle to show that he didn't give up and wouldn't. The quaffle continued to fall steeply to towards the grass and Sam nose dived to catch. Grasping it in his hand and pushing it up under his arm he quickly and smoothly steered his broom back up towards the clear blue sky. He was glad that that nose dive went okay, when he first practiced that move he failed many times.

Sam was up in the air once more and was joined by a student trying out for keeper. A wide smile spread across his lips. He really was enjoying this day. He was enjoying it a lot. Even if it was quite a serious day for him. He was having a lot of fun. As the keeper took the position up at the goals Sam began to toss the quaffle in quick throws between his hands once more. He knew by sending a keeper up that this was it. This would be his main try-outs. He shoved the ball under his arm and flew at a quick and steady pace towards the three goalposts. He zigged zagged coming up closer to the goals because he figured in a proper match many of the opposing team would be on his tail at this point. Sam was at a fast speed now and fired the quaffle at the goalpost of the left. He held his breath hoping that the quaffle might go inside the hoop and when the keepers fingers brushed against the quaffle Sam sighed. But to his own surprise the quaffle got through- yes with a struggle- but the keepers force wasn't enough. Okay, I still have more shot at this Sam thought wanting to move on quickly to really show the Captain what he was made of. As the keeper threw the ball out in the air Sam instantly turned his broom in the direction of the quaffle and grabbed it with both of his hands. He turned back quickly to the goalposts and with great speed Sam was there in no time. He flew up to the goalpost on the right as if about to throw the quaffle in it. He swung back his throwing arm and the keeper instantly flew to the right goalpost. This was what Sam wanted him to do, he quickly turned his body around and threw the quaffle at the farthest hoop on the left. If it didn’t go it that was Sam’s chances at making the team destroyed, his other 'score' only barely made it. But there was no clattering of the metal hoop against the red ball. The quaffle soared straight inside the small hoop. Sam wanted to cheer and clap his hands but he knew that that would just be inappropriate.

Sam was ready to go and fetch the quaffle but was told that his time was up. Drat. Sam thought and he flew down to the grass. Had he done enough to make the team? He doubted it, that wasn't one of Sam's best preformances but all he could do was hope. There certainly was room for improvment but Sam was a dedicated person and Quiditch was his passion. He would improve. He nodded to the captain and stood on his own as he watched the next person try-out for the Quidditch Team, just like him, hoping against hope that they would have done enough.

You lot that haven't posted with you're tryout have until Monday the 6th.

OOC: do you want everyone to try out for just the position that you have said before?

I want you to tryout for the position you wish to have. That way I know what to look for.

((far out, sorry, I was away, I hope you still accept this ;) ))

Violet took off and flew in to position in front of the goals. She'd always wanted to play keeper, she liked chaser and all, but keeper was the position she'd wanted to play but been too scared to try for. Things were different now, she was a fourth year, her flying was better, she was less terrified of heights, and now she figured she could do it.
She smiled at the players trying for chaser, moving away to give them a chance at just scoring goals without an obstruction, before she moved back in to place. Taking a deep breath, she let the first player throw it, and in her anxiety, missed the ball. Come on, try harder, she admonished herself, preparing herself for another throw. This time, Violet managed to catch it. Yay, she thought with a small smile, as she threw the ball back to the chasers for another person to have a go. Now, Violet was feeling more confident, so her catching skills were improved. She couldn't deny that having to have both hands off the broom to catch was frightening, but she tried not to think of that. Her legs, tightly wrapped around her broom, would keep her sitting upright. Another student threw the ball and Violet very nearly got her hands around it, but the ball just slipped through. "Damn," she muttered, trying harder with the next throw and catching it fairly easily.
She thought she was doing pretty well, catching most of the balls and very nearly catching the rest. She had to give the rest of the team a chance to actually score, of course. That was her reasoning, anyway.
As the throws got faster, Violet didn't worry about catching so much as just blocking. As long as she could block the quaffle, she could get it away from the goals and then have time to catch and throw it. She blocked with her arms - which would need good arm guards, she figured - and occasionally her broom itself, which impressed even herself when she managed to deflect the ball with the back of the broom, although that was unintentional. After a lot of blocks and catches, and only a few misses, Violet smiled good-naturedly at the chasers and thanked them, before retreating to the ground.

((lame, and late, I'm so, so sorry.))

((Sorry I am so late! I have been so busy with my school work.))

Katheryn nodded her head as Rhyspa said they would now start tryouts. Kat knew there was just one other person trying out for Keeper. Katheryn thought her chances were fairly good. Her older sister was an excellent chaser and had toughened Kat up so that she could stop almost all of Kiera's quaffles. No doubt that would come in handy on the pitch.

Katheryn mounted her broom with a renewed confidence. She decided it was best for her to warm up first. She did three high speed laps around the pitch. She relaxed completely as she felt the wind whip through her hair. It was important for the Keeper to have quick flight patterns and skills. Finally, Kat moved into her position in front of the hoops.

Katheryn hovered with a focused mind. She intended to stop every quaffle that came her way. The first few attempts at the hoop were fairly easy. She swatted two away with her arm and kicked one away with her foot. They were all from younger students. An older student flew at her with a determined look. Kat prepared herself.

The student faked left before barral rolling and shooting the Quaffle to the right hoop. Katheryn had been prepared for an attempt like this. Kiera was famous for tricky flying moves. Kat no longer fell for them. She rushed at the right hoop and knocked the ball down away from her hoop. Kat grinned with success. She managed to block all the shots fired at her hoop. She hoped that it was good enough to get her old position back.

Katheryn landed lightly on the ground. She waved goodbye to the few people she knew before trudging her way back up to the castle.

((ZOMG, Katie, I was soooooo sure I posted my tryout in this already. :mellow: Hope it's still okay =-/ :unsure: , it not then, oh well. :p And sorry for the keeper god mods BTW -_- ))

As Rhyspa said that the tryouts were about to begin, she scraped her hair back into a loose ponytail. Normally the Hufflepuff hating doing anything with her hair, asides from straightening out the slight ripple she sometimes got. But Quidditch was something different. She was a chaser. She needed good vision. An excellent line of sight was required to land the quaffles through the three hoops. She looked up, Violet and Katheryn were alternating on guarding the hoops.

She rose into the sky and flew towards them. To begin with, she took a bluff shot. She hovered immediately in front of the hoops and shot for the middle ring. As expected, the keeper caught the quaffle and tossed it back. Lemi grabbed ahold of it and the second it touched her hand she flung the ball for the bottom right ring, without giving the girl a chance to recuperate. The quaffle soared through, and a grin appeared on the fifteen year old's face. One down. She hoped that Rhyspa realised that the first throw had been deliberated, but wasn't sure. At least the girl had seen her play - however sparodically - before.

Lemina grabbed the quaffle and flew into the pitch. Scoring may be what earned the team points, but it was not the most important part of being a chaser, not in Lemi's opinion anyhow. There was a first year also trying out for the same position. Who knew - maybe she would have people like this on her team this year. She threw her the ball, bracing herself for a miss. As she had feared, the girl missed the quaffle. Let's please hope the team isn't made up of people like this, puh-lease! Lemina - putting the speed of her Streak to good use - shot forwards and managed to make a catch, after tumbling almost head-first.

She gave the younger girl a sympathetic smile. "Sorry, my bad!" The Hufflepuff called out. It wasn't true, but she didn't want to be the complete downer on this young 'Puffs Quidditch aspirations. After rising to a more suitable altitude, she threw the quaffle once more, lighter this time. The beginner suceeded in capturing it, and Lemina congratulated her in a true Hufflepuff style. As it was passed back to her, she did some quick pass-backs between one of the other team members.

Her try outs had gone pretty well, or so she thought. Lemina flew downwards and tossed the quaffle back to Rhyspa, smiling. Chaser. She hoped she got it as she stood, grinning at her room mate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back