Hufflepuff Quidditch Try-outs!

Caysi Romance

OOC First Name
Caysi (Main Account)
Wand
Lignum Vitae Wand - The Merlin 16" Essence of Dragon's Whisker
Caysi was ready to start her year as the Hufflepuff Captain, she remembered her second year here when she was the captain too. She smiled when she remembered Peter Ryan, but now she had Cam to cover up that past. She made her way to the Quidditch pitch, she placed her bag down on the ground and took out her broom. She flew around a bit and then sat down on the bleacher. She took out her notes and waited for the Hufflepuff's to come.

She took out some of her homework too, she didn't want to get held back because she didn't do her homework or she didn't study for something. She sighed and started to finish up her work while waiting for the Hufflepuff's to come.

Violet strode towards the Quidditch Pitch, Firebolt in hand. She hadn't played in a while - she hadn't even flown in a while, and she was looking forward to flying again. Spying Caysi - their new captain - on the stands, Violet jogged towards her, a smile on her face. She paused, straightened, and with her free hand, gave Caysi a salute. "Captain? Reporting for duty, ma'am," she said, trying to look serious, but smiling nonetheless.

Caysi giggled. " Oh, you don't have to do that Violet!" She smiled. " 'Tis a glorious day." She said. She got up and went closer to Violet. " What position would you like to try out for Violet?" She asked her grinning.

"It is a lovely day," she agreed, thinking. "Hmm...well, I guess I'd like to try out for Chaser." It was the position she had played (using the term 'played' loosely) last year, and she was more used to it than any other position. She definately didn't want to play beater - she was too scared to do that - or seeker.

Caysi nodded, she heard that Hufflepuff didn't play any games last year, this year she would be sure to make them have games. " Alright then, show me what you can do!" She grinned and tossed the ball to Violet. " Please go around the ring three times, each time going faster than the time before, then toss the quaffle in each ring right after that." She said, they would need have speed and balance to be a chaser. Caysi grinned. " Then, if you want to , you can do a trick, but that's only 'if' you want to." She grinned.

"Okay!" Violet exclaimed, excited to be back on the broom again. She caught the ball that Caysi tossed to her, and mounted her Firebolt. "Let's go," she whispered to the broom, as she slowly ascended, trying to get used to the feeling of flying again. "Okay," she whispered, as she got her balance in the air, and started to fly around the ring, slowly at first, but quickly speeding up, her hair falling out of its tie. Really need new hairties, she thought as her long hair got in her way and irritated her. Once she'd zoomed around the ring a third time, she slowed slightly, and aimed for the first goal, throwing the ball towards it. Unfortunately, she missed, and cursing, she sped towards the ball to throw it in the second hoop. Flying back up to the second hoop, Violet aimed more carefully, and managed to get the ball through the hoop. "Yes!" Violet cried, as she flew towards the ball and caught it. "Last one," she murmured. She quickly threw the ball towards the hoop and...it went through. "Two out of three ain't bad," she said to herself, with a grin.
Caysi had said she could do a trick, but Violet didn't really know any, and she was far too afraid of falling to try anything overly daring. So, she simply flew back towards the ground, touching down gently, and walked back towards the stands, hoping to see some of the other Hufflepuffs try out.

James wandered down to the ground school broom in hand. He saw a girl with such grace and a sport posture that she must be the captin. He sprinted up the stands to her and asked, "Am I too late to try out for the seeker or have you already got someone? I am a first year and don't have a broom yet but am very good at flying and have done a lot of practice on my dads broom." He smiled at the girl and nodded how elegant and beautiful she was. His charm seemed to work on her.

[color=00ced6]Lemina had gotten an owl from Caysi saying that Quidditch tryouts were today, and as a cousin, prefect and friend, she felt it was her duty to go down early. However she'd gotten caught up on some last minute homework, and only remembered at the last minute. She grabbed her things, and ran down to the pitch.

Luckily only Violet and a canny looking first year were there. "Hi guys." She smiled as she approached the pitch on her amythest streak. She swooped down and grabbed Caysi into a hug. "Hiya cous'!" She muttered, laughing, before letting go and saying to the other two, "Hey Violet. How're you." She smiled and turned to the younger boy. "Hullo, I'm Lemina. I don't think I've met you yet, but I'm a prefect." She beamed, proudly.[/color]

Caysi smiled at Violet, she did a great job! " Good job Violet!" She cheered. " That was really good!" She smiled. Caysi then saw a boy and smiled. " Your not to late at all!" She got up and smiled. " I'm Caysi Finnigan, Captain." She smiled. " What's your name?" She asked cheerfully. " Oh, there are a few brooms.." She wandered off to get a broom for the boy. " Here ya go!" She said. " Hey Lemi!" She said giving her a hug. " What position you trying out for?" She asked her. Caysi smiled and got out the snitch for the boy.. " All you need to do is catch this." She smiled at the let the snitch go.

"Thanks, captain!" Violet exclaimed, with a broad grin, as she took a seat in the stands to watch some more of the tryouts. "Hey, Lemina!" she said with a smile, waving at the third year. Interested, she watched to see what the younger boy, who's name she did not know, would do. It appeared that he was trying out for Seeker.

Bianca had heard that there was to be Quidditch Try-out being held at the Quidditch Pitch. She couldn't wait for the day to come as she loved quidditch. It was like in her blood. Her siblings and parents were good quidditch players, and she was too. Finally the day came, and Bianca whistled and skipped her way there, with her new broom, he Scarlet Streak.

"Hi Caysi, Lemina and Violet and boy! Am i late for the try-out?" Bianca asked enthusiastically. "I'm Bianca." Bianca replied, smiling at the boy she had met once in their Astronomy and HOM class.

"And Caysi, since you're the captain, what am i supposed to do now. And i'd like to try out either as a beater or chaser." Bianca replied while she smiled at Caysi excitedly.

Maddiie was looking down from the window as she watched curiousley at the team try-outs, she was eager to go down their but she didn't know if this year they will actually be playing. In her right hand she held her nimbus 2000, which was getting a bit out of style but she didnt really care, it still race with her, and she was pretty fast as well. After putting some thought she jumped on her broom soaring out of the window and towards the tryouts.

"Ello everyone" she shouted as she circle the pitch with a fast zing and zang. It has been a while since she had been on a broom, she smiled at Caysi glad to see her back as captain, althought she sort of missed that position, it was fancy being a captain but it would have been alot better if they played.

[color=00ced6]"Chaser." Lemina smiled, "As you saw that time we played last year I'm abysmal at keeper and beater, and I don't think I'm fast enough for beater. So yeah." She grinned, and waited for Caysi to tell her what to do.

"Hiya guys." She smiled as a first year and Maddiie appeared.[/color]

Xandria K walked quickly toward the quidditch pitch. She could see Caysi Finnigan already there." Umm... Can I try out for seeker? If you don't already have one that is. i don't have a broom but my dad taught me how to play on his nimbus 2000." She looked anxiously toward the team captain.
Xandria K looked up and saw a boy zooming toward the snitch. "If hes the seeker, can i try out for a chaser or a beater. My brother and sister always made me be those to so there my favorite." She said happily. " Apart from seeker, not that i was allowed to be that much." She added quietly.

James smiled at the girl who introduced herself as Lemina, "Hi, my name is James Hill, nice to meet you!" He held out her hand for her to shake. When she did she took the broom from the captin let the snitch fly away and zoomed after it. He circled the pitch and then saw a flutter. He flew after it and grabbed it. As he flew down he saw another girl appear and say something about seeker. He hoped with all his heart that he wouldn't upset her if he got the job and he also hoped that he would get the job!! As ANOTHER girl appeared he sighed and thought to himself, Are there ANY boys who want to play quiditch???? I hope the captin doesn't chose an all girl team. I am happy to play with girls but i don't want to not be able to play because she wants all girls! He stopped as he reached the captin and handed her the snitch with a smile!!

Caysi was surronded by people. " No problem!" She said to Violet. " Good job James!" She smiled and took the snitch. " Hey Maddie! Hey Bianca!" She smiled. " Hi Xandria!" She said. She wrote down what everyone wanted and made a list, well a temporary list. " Alright Hufflepuffs!, I have made a list..please tell me if there is a position you would like to switch with someone else." After that she posted the list.

Seeker- James Hill
Beater- Caysi Finnigan
Beater- Maddie Hollawarth
Chaser- Lemina Troque
Chaser- Bianca Petrescu
Chaser- Violet Bellamy
** Still looking for 1 keeper,  and alternatives!! **

((ooc: is Rhyspa gonna play? just wondering))

"That looks like a good list. Hey, we may actually have a full team this year!" Violet exclaimed, happily. "That would be unbelievably awesome. We can show those Gryffindors what we're made of."

((( I'm not to sure!)))

Caysi giggled. " Well try the best we can!" She smiled. " Now, I think that we should all just do some warm ups to our position!" She smiled. " Me and Maddie know what were doing already. So that's set." Caysi thought of something else. " Why don't we play a game?!" She smiled. " Xandria, Maddiie, and Lemina, verse James, Violet and Bianca!" She smiled. " I'm going to have to come up with a game plan and other things, here I'll let the snitch go and the bludger!" She smiled. " Have fun guys!" She smiled and got to her work.

Patricia had been batteling with herself all day, wondering if she should try out for her quidditch team or not, so she finally decided that she would.

Making her way down to the picth, with one of the schools brooms in her hand, she saw a lot of people already in the air and thought she may have missed her chance, but continued on down to the pitch.

When she got down she saw Caysi, the captain, so she walked on over to her, "Hi Caysi, I'm Patricia, in first year. Is there any positions left open, that I could try for?" She said hopefully, but wouldn't mind if she was only an alternative.

Caysi looked up from her notes and smiled. " Hey Patricia, I'm Caysi Finnigan.. there is a spot open for Keeper are you interested?" She asked her smiling.

"Yeah keeper sounds good. But do you mind if I get a feel for the air forst, I'm pretty new to flying?"

"Great thanks." Patricia dropped her broom at her feet and said, "UP!" The broom shot up to her hand. She mounted it and kicked off the groud.

She was a bit unsteady at first so she decided to circle the pitch, the first time wasn't too good for her but when she got round again she gained more and more confidence so she decided to go a little faster. The third time, she went faster yet, making it around a lot faster than the first time. Patricia ws so happy before she went down she weaved in and out of the three hoops at the end of the pitch that she was at and went for a nose dive to the gound and pulle up inches before hitting the ground.

"Woo that felt great ," She said as she made her way over to Caysi. "Should I try and save a few hoops now?" She said, with the adrenaline running though her after that rush in the air.

Caysi smiled and said " Sure!" She smiled and threw Patrica a Quaffle! " Have fun!" She smiled.
Caysi then got back to the Quidditch Plan and writing some notes, and she looked around at the game going on.

Patricia caught the quaffle and went back up to the air again. She asked Bianca, her friend, who was down for chaser, to throw the quaffle at her.

So they went over to the other end of the pitch where no-one was practising.

Patricia lined herself in front of the three hoops and waited for Bianca to throw the quaffle, "Ready." She shouted to her.

Patricia eyed Bianca as she was lining up the quaffle, and she let go, Patricia saw it go to the right but just missed it

Great she thought to herself, that's it, I won't be able to do this

But she decided to go for the the two tries. She went a got the quaffle and threw it back to Bianca.

Shoot 2 Bianca lined up the shot and realised the ball and Patricia caught it straight on. Yes, I did, they may be hope for me after all she thought to herself as she threw the ball back to Bianca for the last shoot.

This time Patricia felt a lot more confident and got ready for the last shoot. Bianca lined it up again and let it go, Patricia went for the right but the wind changed and it changed to the left, so Patricia quickly tured and hit the ball away with the end of her broom, right back to Bianca.

Patricia couldn't believe it, 2 out of 3 wasn't bad, especailly for her first try. She got the quaffle back from Bianca and flew down to Caysi. Landing down she said, "Well Captain, What do you think?" She said the adrenaline still pumping though her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back