Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 9 1/2" Sturdy Larch Wand with Boomslang Venom Core

Lily wondered why this school had to have so many stairs. She wasn't even sure of where she was going. All she knew was that the next time she chose to wear heels, she wouldn't wonder aimlessly round the school. The grounds were okay. She could easily slip off the shoes, but inside Lily just had to walk. Lily had eventually found herself at the North Tower. She knew that the Ravenclaws lived somewhere near here, but apart from that she knew nothing. Lily walked to a window ledge and sat herself upon it. She took a small mirror out from her bag, which she procceded to place beside her. She raised the mirror and checked her make up. Ignore those around her.

[I apologize for the lameness, I'm really tired.]

Maria needed to get away. Her House was going to kill her eventually. All niceness and smiles and yellow freakin' daisies. Nobody there had any taste AT all. She dressed comfortably, on a mission of breaking in her new heels, and testing out the most ambitious skirt she had made yet. In her opinion, it had come out brilliantly. Curls bouncing behind her, she headed up the stairs, figuring she may as well explore the upper regions of the castle that she hadn't yet deigned to enter. Climbing up and up and up, she was surprised to see someone else. The girl seemed to be about her age, and she was classilly dressed. Maria approved, though in her opinion she far outshone anyone else out there. She decided to approach the girl and see if she was another boring 'puff, or if there were actually any decent people in this godforsaken place.

"Hi." She said, approaching the girl who was checking her makeup. "I like your skirt." It was true. Maria could be mean, but she certainly approved of good fashion choices.

((It's cool ^^ I'm exhausted too, so mine's kinda crap :lol: sorry.))

Lily looked up from her mirror when she heard a voice. Lily smiled a thanks to the compliment. She looked the girl up and down, taking in the girls clothes. The girl was well put together and Lily did really like the girl's heels. She looked up at the girl, with a small fake smile. This girl seemed decent enough. Lily wondered which house she belonged to. She wasn't a Slytherin, Lily would've seen the girl. Okay, she hadn't met all the first years from her house, but she knew for a fact this girl wasn't in her house.

"Hi." Lily said, softly. She didn't speak softly because she liked silence, but Lily had just grown to speaking at a slightly lower tone than others. Though when she was angry she wouldn't hold back in yelling. "Thank you, I like your shoes. They go really well with your outfit." Lily extended a hand to the girl for her to shake. "Livia Delaney. First year, Slytherin."

Maria stepped slightly closer when the girl spoke, so she could hear her. "Thanks. I only just got them." She smiled, shaking the girl's extended hand. She groaned internally at the introduction. "Maria Madison. First year... Hufflepuff." She spat the last word as though it were poison in her mouth, something she was dying to be rid of. Which it pretty much was.

Lily could've laughed at the girls unfortunate placement and into Hufflepuff. She knew a few people from hufflepuff, but they kinda hated Lily and the ones that liked Lily, she avoided them. Though for this girl, who seemed to hate her house, Lily knew she'd make an execption. She faked a smile to the girl.

"Thats really too bad." Lily said. "You're fashion alone, I would say places you with us Slytherins. You must hate it. I haven't seen one hufflepuff with a fashion sense. It must be horrible. Plus you have to be nice all the time."

Maria smiled when Lily said she would fit in in Slytherin. She had thought about it, since she had noticed Slytherins seemed to be pretty disdainful of all other houses, which fit with Maria's outlook right now nicely, but sadly, she couldn't transfer houses. She was definitely considering writing her father and asking to transfer schools. She laughed when Lily commented on the Hufflepuff fashion aesthetic. "It's disgusting! Everyone in my dorm seems to think fluro is the height of fashion! I mean, hello. Is it possible to be stuck in the late '00s, when you're only eleven?" She rolled her eyes. "I don't bother with the 'being nice' thing though. Everyone there hates me because I don't constantly act like miss perfect niceyshoes."

Lily liked this girl. She liked the fact the girl didn't try to be nice to the others in her house. Lily would do the same. She wasn't terribly nice to others within her house, but Lily wasn't as quick to judge them. If they had bad fashion sense then yes, Lily was but if not, she gave them a chance. Lily smiled slightly to the girl.

"Good for you. I do the exact same." Lily said with a smirk. "I don't act like miss perfect niceyshoes, either. Though, I don't need to. Are you trying to lose hufflepuff points?" Lily asked, she could tell that this girl hated her house, so it seemed only logical that she'd be trying to lose points for them.

Maria nodded. "I don't really get the points thing though. It's so stupid - who cares who has more points? Seems like a pretty pathetic thing to be obsessed with." She rolled her eyes, idly fiddling with a strand of her long, brown hair.

"What's it like being a Slytherin?" She asked, curious. So far, all of the decent people Maria had met seemed to be Slytherins, and she was finding the house as a whole more and more attractive. Now why hadn't she been sorted there? At least Slytherins knew how to dress.

Lily was nodded. She wanted Slytherin to win, and she'd help them to it but she didn't entirely understand the point. Yes the house then got glory and was able to say we're the best, but everyone knew Slytherin was the best. So a points system was not necessary. She faked a smile and was very glad when the poor girl who was stuck in Hufflepuff asked her what Slytherin was like.

"It's the best. Most people dress amazingly and have the most amazing clothes. And there is no need to be kind to anyone, which suits everyone perfectly nicely. It's the best house in hogwarts." Lily said almost teasingly that Maria wasn't in the house. "You would do nicely with us. If I were you I'd go shopping to make up for the fact that you're in an awful house. Prove that fashion is the best and they should all be fashionable." Lily added, thinking more of a shopping trip for herself. She needed new clothes.

Maria sighed enviously as Lily described her house. It sounded exactly like what Maria wanted; what she had dreamed Hogwarts would be. Not this hole, where everybody dressed like their mama chose their clothes, and practically exchanged smooches of joy at the slightest prompting. Disgusting. "Sounds wonderful." She smiled jealously. "That's where I should have been. That barmy old hat must be going senile."

Maria smiled when Lily suggested a shopping trip. "I haven't been shopping in ages!" She smiled. "Ever since my dad gave me a sewing machine, I make all my own clothes." She said, only preening a little. She really was very proud that she could make her own outfits, it made her unique; gave her something that was special, that not many people could do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back