Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
Hello fellow HNZers!

A decision was made in the early hours of the morning to transfer HNZ's scripts, etc. to a far more reliable host. It has been our external webhost's fault for many recent HNZ downtimes over the past year and, eventually, enough was just enough with them.

With such changes, downtime is sometimes just a reality - especially when we're talking about dynamically hosted things where changes are stored on a database. There is inevitably a transitional period wherein some users are still accessing the old host because the domain changes have not propagated.

While I ended up deciding not to formally disable any codes on the board, or to turn the board offline while some of the switch happened - there was a switch, and this may impact some things on the board! For instance, you may not be able to like posts on the new host yet, or grades may not be properly applied.

How do you tell if the change has happened for you?
Simply load this page. If it redirects you back to this topic, it's worked! If you see a 404 error, the changes are still propagating for you and until they do you won't be able to use HNZ's site systems (any changes you may make in them won't be saved in the new host).

Thanks all for your patience and understanding today - and here's to a more reliable HNZ! :)

Let's keep making HNZ-magic together,

Nick

Our former host will likely be going down sometime in the next little bit - so some users may experience a little bit of downtime for the site as changes continue to propagate.
I trust that, for most of you, the link in my previous post works and you're brought back here and all will be right in the world.
But it's possible that the change still waits to be made for some of you - and, until that happens, you may be unable to access HNZ or certain portions of the site.
Nameserver Updates said:
Nameserver changes can typically take 0 to 24 hours to take effect, but they are known to take as long as 48 hours to go into full effect.

Please let me know if you're the link I supplied above provides a "404" message for you instead of redirecting you so I can get a sense of how many people might be caught in the change!

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back