Single
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Straight 14" Flexible Larch Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
T H E H O G W A R T S M O N T H L Y: Y E A R 3 0 I S S U E 2

tumblr_p7ke2aPFnv1w1znofo1_500.gif

N E W Y E A R , N E W S E M E S T E R

It may seem like not much changes from semester to semester during school, but at Hogwarts New Zealand, anything is possible. From the never-ending revolving door of professors coming and going, to all the new club events and fairs, there's something exciting for everyone to gossip about.

First thing to do is welcome our new professors for the semester. In a surprising twist of events, Professors Sylvia Hartley and Professor Bella Matthias remained from last semester as the Arithmancy professors for years 3-4, and 5-7, respectively. Whether they'll return next semester though, remains to be seen. Professor Sarah Harrington, has also remained permanently, taking on all Astronomy lessons for all years, replacing Professor Orbon who decided not to return from his sabbatical, I guess. This semester we also welcomed newcomers such as Professor Bryce Chamberlin as the new Divination professor for years 5-7.

In a surprising, yet welcome, turn of events, Professor Cliffeton stepped down as Flying Professor and thankfully also the Ravenclaw Head of House. Everyone from the students to the Ravenclaw ghost could tell that was an ill-fitted position for a Flying professor anyway. Hopefully Professor Jonathon Phillips, Muggle Studies professor for years 5-7, can prove to be a much more competent Head of House for the Eagles.

With Professor Cliffeton gone, that also meant the Deputy Headmaster position was also vacant. Potions professor Professor Montgomery Pendleton has been appointed our new Deputy Head. And while he did initially seem rather promising, recent events with his health does pose the question of whether he's capable to take on such a big position at the moment. The best way for Professor Pendleton to take care of the students is to make sure he takes care of himself first. We hope to see him around next semester in brighter spirits and good health.

An interesting thing to point out about most of these new professors is that many of them happen to teach the Elective classes, which brings us to the Electives Fair. The Electives Fair is a time where second years can browse through all the courses Hogwarts has to offer and chat with the professors to try and gauge what the classes will be like. It provides an opportunity to gain some insight to what future professions you might be able to attain with certain classes. Asking students to decide their fate at twelve years old does seem a little daunting, but the Electives Fair serves as a way to open up ideas and discussion, so don't worry if you don't have it all figured out yet. I myself didn't know what I wanted to pursue until a few years ago, but the Electives Fair does help lead you on the right path.

Aside from professors and lessons, Hogwarts also had a lot of activity throughout the year that you'll surely read about throughout this paper. With so many of our traditions set in place, the inhabitants of Hogwarts somehow always manage to keep things interesting!</FONT></SIZE></COLOR>
Author: Lennon Cohen-Knight​
<i>
</i>​

M I N I S T R Y C A N D I D A T E S
You might have heard about it by now, if you have not you're either too young to care about politics which is plausible since the majority of students at Hogwarts is younger than seventeen or have been living under a rock, so for those that don't know what is going on in the wizarding community in New Zealand at the moment; the Ministry of Magic will be holding elections soon to elect a new Minister for Magic. It's an exciting time, and any students interested in going into politics after they graduate should definitely follow the elections to get a general feel of how politics in New Zealand work.

During the elections, seven candidates will be running for the position of Minister for Magic against each other. Throughout the elections, all seven candidates will engage in three debates to discuss the most important topics in New Zealand at the moment.

Debate 1 will primarily focus on the crime and safety of the New Zeland community and the wizarding world at large. This debate will take place in June this year. Debate 2 will focus on education in the New Zealand community which will take place later this year in October. And debate 3 will focus on the economy and the world's impact on New Zealand. This debate will take place in January 2047.

Below a little bit of a information about each of the candidates:
[ul][li]Carter Kaster: Current head of International Magical Law at the Ministry of Magic and recently widowed from former Ollivander's owner and Holyhead Harpies Chaser, Kiera Kaster. Brother-in-law to the current Minister, Cameron Kingsley and cousin to Auror Samual Kaster.</LI>

[li]Dymetris Kozlov: Former Potions Professor at Hogwarts New Zealand and now healer at St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries, this Hogwarts New Zealand Alumnus was sorted into Hufflepuff House and made it to Head Boy in his seventh year. Not a lot is known about him or his family other than his uncle being a well-known author in Russia with a bit of an extreme outlook on life.

[li]Alexander Cade: Another Cade? Yes, another Cade. Much like the Holland's, we have got a couple of Cade's running around here at Hogwarts. Graduated from Hogwarts Scotland and was sorted into Slytherin House.

[li]Ioan Finch: Not much is known about this man other than he's the father of former Head Girl and legendary Slytherin Captain and Keeper, Alana Finch. (Possibly related to the best Gryffindor Beater in the world, Wyatt Finch)

[li]Cat Tannon: Daily Prophet writer (Business and Economy). Her Father is CEO of an accounting and tax firm, mother taught at Beauxbatons for several years, but now teaches higher education. Former Ravenclaw student and Head Girl at Hogwarts Scotland, but don't worry folks, she has full New Zealand heritage so she's good.

[li]Claudia Holland: Another Ministry employee, Claudia Holland works at the Department of Magical Accidents and Catastrophes for the Muggle-Worthy Excuse Committee. She's the aunt of famous Quidditch player Grace Holland, who plays for the Quiberon Quafflepunchers as a Chaser. Like another candidate on the list, she currently has three daughters running around at Hogwarts New Zealand; Rose Holland, Phoebe Holland and Diana Holland. (And rumoured soon-to-be-sorted Alice Holland)

<LI>[li]Metrophanes Matthias: The third Ministry employee on the candidate list, nothing much is known about Metrophanes Matthias other than that he works at the Department of Magical Accidents and Catastrophes, more specifically: the International Magical Trading Standards Body. He also has a few well-known family members running around the world. Most notably the man's brothers; Zannon Matthias who is currently spending his time behind bars in Azkaban prison, Mikhail Matthias, the Deputy Minister to Cameron Kingsley and Thomas Hensel, Deputy Minister to former Minister for Magic Seraphine Rowan.[/li][/ul] As you may or may not have noticed, Cameron Kingsley, the man now responsible for the wizarding community in New Zealand, will not be running for re-election. This is because the Minister has decided to spend more time with his wife and children.

I, for one, am glad that the current Minister for Magic won't be running for re-election just so that Potters will hopefully keep their mouths shut during the next Revolution meet up. Perhaps the new Minister will address the issue of equality between blood statuses, as well as discrimination against witches and wizards with other abilities and/or conditions. Whoever the new Minister is going to be, though, they will be needing your vote to win. So, if you are seventeen years old or older by the time we can vote, I urge you to use that vote to vote for your favourite candidate.
Author: Asaiah Murphy​
K I N G S L E Y K I D S
Between the campaigns for a new Minster for Magic beginning, and the current minister, Cameron Kingsley stepping down, politics within the New Zealand wizarding world has become a more frequently discussed topic than usual lately. As students, we may be wondering about the Daily Prophet now featuring more political articles about the new minister candidates, and how this is all relevant to us. With most of us (except seventh years and some sixth years) being unable to vote it does seem a little irrelevant, and pointless for us to be bombarded with newspaper articles about politics. But I assure you it is not pointless at all! Students have just as much of a voice and a right to a political opinion as any adult! Not being able to vote (yet) does not mean we cannot learn all we can about politics and make informed decisions when we can finally vote in a real election!

An important part of making sure your opinion is informed is to try and understand it from someone else in your peer group! Therefore, I contacted Jacob Kingsley and Noah Kingsley, the sons of Cameron Kingsley, for an interview in the hope of gaining insight from students who will no doubt know more about politics and the ministry than most of us! I asked about their opinions on the ministry, their lives as the minister's sons, and their views on the current candidates. Read below to find out more!

J A C O B K I N G S L E Y
Nixon: "First of all, what is your general opinion on politics? do you think the ministry is important for wizarding society?"
Jacob: "Uh...yea, politics are pretty important. We need people who can talk to other people to make sure we are on the same page and to make sure we don't get forgotten about here in New Zealand. And we need to make sure everyone else knows when New Zealand disagrees with what's going on in the rest of the wizarding world. And the Ministry isn't just about politicians. They do a lot of work to keep the country running and safe and make sure people follow rules, so yea, it's definitely needed."

N: "If there was anything you would change about the ministry as of right now, what would it be?"
J: His eyebrows raise at this question, he looks at Noah. Then he smirks before he answers. "I don't know...maybe I'd get rid of the Wizarding Examinations Authority. No more exams, amirite?"

N: "How do you feel about your father choosing not to campaign again this year?"
J: "I respect my father's decision. We know he's tried his hardest to do what's best while he was in the job, so..."

N: "Was there anything you enjoyed about being known as the minister's son? What about something you disliked?"
J: "We got to meet some fun people and sometimes we'd get nice gifts, I guess. Um...I didn't like when dad couldn't be home to tuck me in or eat dinner with us or when we went out and had to rush home because something happened and dad needed to go into the office"

N: "Do you think it is also important for students at Hogwarts to get involved and have opinions about the upcoming election?"
J: "I know a lot of the sixth and seventh years can vote, so it's really important for them to pay attention and make a good decision. For the rest of us, I guess it's still important to make sure we know what's happening in the world. "

N: "What are your opinions on the current candidates, do you think they would suit being minister?"
J: "I don't know many of them personally, but I'm sure the New Zealand community will make the right decision. They chose my dad last time so I know they have good sense. " He laughs.

N: "Lastly, which of the current candidates would you vote for if you were old enough?"
J: "I don't know enough about any of them, so I'll say Uncle Carter." He shrugs.
N O A H K I N G S L E Y
Nixon: First of all, what is your general opinion on politics? do you think the ministry is important for wizarding society?
Noah: The Ministry is absolutely important for wizarding society, or any society for that matter. Otherwise, it would be anarchy.

N: How do you feel about your father choosing not to campaign again this year?

N: I think it will be good for our family. It has been really difficult on us all to lose my aunt. My father has worked very hard over the last ten years, and I think he deserves a break.

N: Was there anything you enjoyed about being known as the minister's son? What about something you disliked?
N: My father has been Minister since I was five. It's hard to remember a time when I wasn't know as the Minister's son. It's a lot of pressure though. Everyone watches you all the time and expects you to always do great things. You end up disappointing people when you aren't what they want you to be.

N: Do you think it is also important for students at Hogwarts to get involved and have opinions about the upcoming election?
N: Absolutely. Everyone should be well informed and involved. Our opinions matter. We may not be able to vote in this election, but we will by the next election. It's never too early to get involved.

N: What are your opinions on the current candidates, do you think they would suit being minister?
N: Um. I don't want to trash any of them at this point. There is a lot of potential in the group, and I'm looking forward to seeing what they have to offer and their opinions on political matters.

N: Lastly, which of the current candidates would you vote for if you were old enough?
N: I would vote for Carter Kaster. I know my uncle would continue the positive changes my father has made in New Zealand while adding his own knowledge and experience to the Ministry. He is a good man.
Author: Nixon Mercury​
<i>
</i>​
L O V E I S ( U N F O R T U N A T E L Y ) I N T H E A I R
Valentine's Day is a very important time of the year for those who have a significant other. Many people took part in the Valentine's Dance this year, even the first years who really shouldn't be dating anyone at eleven years old.

The idea of Valentine's Day is quite insignificant. It is a shame to see so many people expressing their love on only this one day, but with companies getting profit out of convincing customers to celebrate, it has led to the belief that Valentine's Day is special.

Some people looked good in their dresses and tuxedos, whilst many others looked just like they did last year. The Great Hall was spectacularly decorated with red, white and pink colours symbolising love and passion, and the tables were even heart-shaped which does seem kind of impractical.

Some couples that went include:
Tholomyes Fontaine and Emma Snow
James Cade and Madeline Walden
Daniel Rosemary and Charlotte Owens
Elizabeth Wespurt and Leo Benivieni
Sofia Rosenberg and Lennon Cohen-Knight
Therese Rosenberg and Rory Fergusson
Alexis Sage Kramer and Jackson Cade
Amber Wilson and Ainsley Lynch
Eleanor Hope and Jerara Tapsell
Emilia Manning and Derek Tahana
Leila Walden and Ulrich Snyder
Zared Katsaros and Elysia Styx
Tristan Collins and Kauri Tipene
November Alberston and Flavio Morales
Lyra Potter and Kasper Snowhill
Marisol Woods and Asaiah Murphy
Fleur Worth and Riley Wespurt
Lucas Woodlock and Zoe Katsaros

Many of these couples also attended the Yule Ball during Christmas time last year. However, one notable change is that Lyra Potter went with Kasper Snowhill. What ever happened to Lyra Potter and Felix Urie? It goes to show that a lot can happen within a month.

All in all, love is not bad to celebrate, however, it should not only be reserved for a special occasion. Love is not all about buying gifts and always expressing feelings, but it is about being there for one another and showing support without the influence of materialistic values and society's stereotypical views.
Author: Lilyanna Hope​
<i>
</i>​
D U E L I N G I S B A C K

tumblr_p7k6ztNGOE1w1znofo1_250.gif

After an absence last year, the Dueling Tournament is back. Everyone from second to seventh year could sign up for it to get the chance to inflict moderate damage on their classmates.

Bethany Zanders is the current president of the Student's Defence Association that organized the event. One has to wonder how much dueling a classmate of the same skill level has to do with 'Defence', but it probably sounds nicer than the truthful name which would be something like 'We Like to Fight Association'.

Usually the duels aren't very interesting, just two teenagers throwing the same spells at each other over and over until one falls or loses their wand.

Clara Hayes stood out with the way she tricked her opponent into thinking she was helpless, only to knock him out a few turns later. Gideon Zelinsky and Sara Benivieni seemed almost more busy talking to each other than actually fighting, a stark contrast to Marisol Woods and Sara's older brother, who seemed to be having a much more intense duel.

Marisol seemed to take things a little too seriously, and perhaps she needs to remember the goal isn't to seriously injure the opponent. Despite her best efforts, she lost that match. Merrill Piper and Rose Thornhill had a similar match, both seemed exhausted by the time Merrill managed to disarm the Ravenclaw.

Some people take the tournament more seriously than others. Generally, they are the ones that win. Here is a list of the winners for each year:
Second year: Frankie Tillington
Third year: Gideon Zelinsky
Fourth year: Tristan Collins
Fifth year: Merrill Piper
Sixth year: Bethany Zanders
Seventh year: Ari Desai​
<COLOR color="#000">
Interestingly, the only person on this list that also won for her year in the previous tournament is Bethany Zanders. Apparently she is the president of the club for a reason.
Author: Sophie Wilson​
<i>
</i>​
[td]
P R I D E I N F L O W E R S
This year's wild patch event is mainly to support those that are LGBTQ. It is about people being there for each other, and as flowers can represent love, happiness, courage and devotion, they are a great symbol for supporting gay rights and creating a comfortable place where people can be who they want to be without the judgement of others. ---- Eleanor Hope

As a seventh year, I confess to having many regrets. Not joining the Wild Patch Club happens to be one of them. This year WPC event was held in the Great Hall and hosted by Eleanor Hope, a sixth year Hufflepuff, who is dubbed as the queen of flowers. The very club leader and members that graciously provides Valentine's roses every year.

Pride event, is a social gathering in support of the LGBTQ community. An open invite to all to share and express themselves in safe and positive space. Although I wished I had join in the fun, I was able to at least be the first to witness Eleanor, happily get down to decorating the place.

Eleanor did a wonderful job in setting up the hall. Presumably, the Great Hall seemed too grand. High ceilings and long tables, I was curious to see how she would make it happen. Eleanor worked magic. From hanging banners, flowers and colorful flags, to glitter that spread all over the tables.

Eleanor did not stop there. Informative leaflets about LGBTQ and the Wild Patch Club were spread around in piles for anyone to take. In case someone coming to the event wanting more than those pretty flower crowns Eleanor had woven together. It was a way to reach out to those unsure of themselves and anyone interested in joining the Wild Patch Club.

Eleanor had many more activities lined up. One that seemed to be popular was the face painting done by Tholomyes. He must be great at what he did, even Professor Carter was seen later on in line to get his very own masterpiece. I was actually surprised to see any professors here. Their attendance may have done wonders for someone looking for hope and acceptance here today.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to stick around long. Eleanor, in friendly stride greeted those attending and made them feel welcomed. I slipped away not wanting to pester the club's host any longer with a flower crown of my own as souvenir. Anyone still interested in joining the WPC should definitely speak to Eleanor.
Author: Stella Stilinski​
<i>
</i>​
[/td]
Q U I D D I T C H W I N S A N D U P S E T S
Welcome back, Sports Fans. It had been another fine semester of quidditch. With four whole games well played since Christmas. The first match back was between Hufflepuff, and Gryffindor. Both team’s keepers having an excellent game with only Gryffindor managing to score a goal before the snitch was caught. Lyra Potter was Gryffindor’s star chaser that day as she seemed to be right next to the quaffle the entire game right along with Hufflepuff’s Geo Volt. Well played, ladies. April Ward, Hufflepuff’s seeker, took a nasty hit from a bludger after a successful hit from Lizzie Taylor. Thankfully it was only a minor bump. Soon after James Cade caught the snitch securing a win for Gryffindor. The final score being 160G – 0H

The next game played was between Slytherin, and Ravenclaw. The two most studious houses were a little lacking in athletic achievement this year. The match got off to a rough start for Slytherin as their seeker, Lestat Styx, took two hits in quick succession at the start of the match from Head Boy Tholomyes Fontaine. Odette Harper managed to get a little payback for her house by hitting Ravenclaw seeker Isabelle Marie. Kimmyeon Kendall-Wu managed to set herself apart from the other chasers by being the only one to score a goal. Alas the snitch meant so much more, and Ravenclaw won with a score of 150R – 10S.

The final match for the quidditch cup was between Gryffindor, and Hufflepuff. As Hufflepuff had lost their last match they needed to score at least 10 points before their seeker caught the snitch. It was some of the most intense gameplay I’ve seen in my years at Hogwarts. Lizzie Taylor really showed her strengths as a beater by rattling the Hufflepuff seeker for the entire match with some help from young Gabriel Rosenberg. Frankie Tillington also made her debut as a chaser for Gryffindor. She set herself apart as someone to look out for by scoring a goal in her first game. In a not so surprising turn of events even the benches aren’t a safe spot on the pitch anymore with Norton Gillespie taking a bludger while sitting out. You could cut the tension with a knife by the time both seekers had taken two hits during the game. Both teams played amazingly, but Gryffindors seeker James Cade seems to have some kind of power to attract snitches. He’ll be sorely missed next year. The final score of the game was 160G – 20H winning Gryffindor the house cup, and the chance to play against an international team.

Once again, the students from Beauxbatons were welcomed back to New Zealand for a friendly match against house cup champions Gryffindor. The team was eager to try and avenge themselves after last years defeat. Marisol Woods opened the game with a score for Gryffindor, but Brendan Fulke managed to even it up quickly, and then bring his team into the lead. While Beauxbatons seeker was hit twice with a bludger it wasn’t enough to keep her down, and Beauxbaton managed to catch the snitch. The final score of the game was 170B – 10G. While it is a disappointing defeat for HNZ I’m sure we’ll welcome them back next year even more eager to win.
Author: Merrill Piper​
<i>
</i>​
"I P P", D O U B T F U L A T B E S T
Keep a grip on your wallet, because we may have some con-artists in the school.

If you were in the courtyard on one of the first days of the new semester, you may have noticed two second-year students trying to raise money for something called 'IPP'. Mervyn Strangewayes and Leda Layton were hardly shy or subtle about their demands, but when asked what 'IPP' was, exactly, both were very vague. Their pushy and demanding demeanor immediately made some students wary, but they kept insisting they were raising money to make the school a better place.

When questioned, they also claimed Professor Alicastell knew about this plan and that they were raising money on her behalf. When asked if they were raising money because they were unhappy with how the school was currently being run, Strangewayes commented "there's always room for improvement" and that Professors should go to training courses so they can teach us better classes.

It seems rich, coming from a second year who has hardly seen many classes, let alone all professors in action. But that is assuming he was being truthful about what he wanted to do with the money, which is doubtful.

Before things could escalate, and before they could bully some poor firstie into handing over their piggy bank, the headmistress showed up. Unsurprisingly, she knew nothing of the plan.

Whether this 'IPP' thing was a scam or simply a misguided course of action is unclear at this point, but it definitely wasn't sanctioned by the school. Be wary of who or what you give your money to, especially if it involves your fellow students. Be critical and don't let yourself be talked into something you'll regret.
Author: Sophie Wilson​
<i>
</i>​
[td]
N I C E T H I N G S T O D O F O R A P R O F E S S O R
You probably heard about Professor Pendleton fainting or maybe you were there but either way it was very upsetting. Thankfully he is out of the hospital wing again now and teaching again, maybe you know that too but in case you haven't got Potions this year and didn't then now you do. He told us in class that he was sick for a long time and got overwhelmed which was really brave when you think about it because I wouldn't want to talk about that if it happened to me. Crying is embarrassing. He says he is fine now but it made me think how professors are human too and just like we get stressed with homework and exams sometimes they get stressed but nobody ever thinks about that. So we should all try to do something nice for our professors to make their job easier and make them smile if we can. They are always doing so much for us and this will make them feel appreciated. Here are some things to do if you can't think of any.

Take them a drink or a snack
Ask your professor what their favourite drink or snack is and then bring it to class as a surprise one day. Don't do this too much or it won't be a surprise any more and they might get sick of it but once every now and then is a good idea. Also be careful carrying drinks on the moving staircases especially if it's hot because I burned myself with tea once and it hurts a lot.

Help tidy their classroom
If you have some time after your lesson don't just run out of the door, offer to help your professor tidy up. They have a lot to do after all and we made the mess most of the time so it's only fair. Plus you might get some house points, but don't bring this up or they will think that's the only reason you helped and not give you any.

Write them a letter
Write your professor a letter saying thank you for everything and telling them how much fun you have in their classes. Only do this one if you really mean it because they will probably be able to tell if you're lying. Letters are good because they last forever instead of being forgotten about. And your professor can read it when you're annoying them to remind themselves why they liked you in the first place.

Do your homework on time
You should do this one anyway because homework is important and helps you with your exams but if you are thinking of not doing it then remember it will make your professor happy if you do. They will have to spend less time explaining stuff in class which means more field trips and also you get to stay out of detention which makes everyone happy.

Make them a gift
If you are creative you can make your professor a gift to treasure forever. Make it something nice otherwise it might end up in the bin and you'll be disappointed. If you wouldn't put it on your shelf then your professor probably doesn't want it on theirs either.

There are probably more things you can do but there is five. You have no reason now why you can't do something nice for your professors except because you're lazy. And like Professor Pendleton said if you are struggling you should talk to someone and that goes for professors and students. Hopefully he is feeling better now.
<SIZE size="50"><FONT font="verdana">Author: Arvel Ayers​
<i>
</i>​
<i>[/td]
</i>

S P O T L I G H T I N T E R V I E W
H A Y L E Y E L R I D G E

tumblr_p7k8lczNJA1w1znofo1_250.gif
Lisa: Hey Hayley! I'm Lisa from Hogwarts Monthly, I was hoping you would like to answer some questions for me?

Hayley: Oh, hello. Yes, I'd be happy to talk to you.
L: The Revolution happened a while ago now, but I think it's safe to say that it's still fresh in the minds of the students. Why do you think so many people were invested in it? And yet still so many against it?
H:The Revolution - well, I wouldn't say it happened as though that disasterous meeting was the end of it. I still intend for this to be only the start. There are a lot of people who are oppressed in the wizarding world, who are bullied - or worse - for who they are. I think the world needs to change, and I think a lot of people agree with me. As for those who are against it - well, there are always those who want to cling to the status quo, who are too scared of change to consider the benefits.
L: Do you think you're qualified to handle something like this? I mean you're only 14.
H: Qualified? Heh. I don't think it's possible to be qualified for something like this. But I've experienced a lot in my four years as a witch, and I've done a lot of research. And it seems to me that nothing's changed in a very long time, and if someone like me doesn't try to change things, who else will?
L: Do you think that starting something here, like you did, maybe it'll trigger something in us that will make us fight harder for what we want in the future?
H: I hope so! I've certainly succeeded in getting people to think about these issues, which is a good start.
L: The Courtyard erupted in some pretty terrible violence when the Potter family got involved. Why do you think they had such a big reaction to what you were saying?
H: The way they reacted was absurd. They took everything I said as a personal insult to their family, which makes me wonder if they even know how politics works. They tried to shout me down without listening to what I was actually saying, and when that didn't work they resorted to violence.
L: If you could go to the Minister yourself, maybe not the current one, but whoever comes next, would you want to present your ideas to them?
H: Yes, absolutely. Though I'd want to gather more support first. I think changing the law would be an important step towards progressing human rights, and a petition to the Minister could go a long way towards achieving that.
L: If you could go back to the trouble in the courtyard, would you have handled it differently?
H: Yes. I hadn't planned for violence, and I admit the extremity of the Potters' reaction took me by surprise. This movement has already attracted some vulnerable people, prompted them to share their stories. It should be about threatening the status quo, not the safety of individuals. Next time, I will do better.
L: So do you have anything planned for the future?
H: My next plan is to hold a smaller, quieter meeting, to discuss my ideas and get ideas from other people. It'll be invite-only, but anyone who wants to come can talk to me and I'll add them to the list. After that . . . nothing specific, but the sky's the limit.

Hogwarts Monthly always supports the interest of the students, please feel free to reach out to us if you ever need anything. Thanks so much for talking to me today, Hayley. Good luck with everything!</FONT></SIZE></COLOR>
Author: Lisa McCellan​
<i>
</i>​
P L A C E S T O R E L A X A T H O G W A R T S

tumblr_p7kaxftGXB1w1znofo1_250.gif

The Library
For the people who like the smell of books and parchment the Library is here for you. The library has books for absolutely everyone and with a variety of chairs and couches it is perfect for some you time. There are some cons with the library and that is that you can't really take food inside and that if you want to relax with others this isn't the best place to go too.

An Abandoned Classroom
The second floor has many classrooms that aren't used anymore. If you want some quietness to practice spells or be alone this is the perfect place for you. The abandoned classrooms can be used alone and with others. There are barely any rules and you can suit the rooms to your own liking. Only if you clean up after you. The con with the abandoned classroom is that it isn't decorated or anything, so you have to bring your own food and maybe a couple of chairs.

The Hogwarts Garden
For the lovers of nature and flowers the Hogwarts Gardens are here for you. With coloured flowers and cherry blossoms in bloom it is a nice place to get away from the busy castle. Or flee from your homework or a poltergeist that is after your Bertie Bott's flavoured beans. The Hogwarts Garden is filled with a lot of places to explore. The only con of the Hogwarts Garden is the weather, you don't want to be outside when the rain is flooding down on you like a tsunami.

The North Tower and the Owlery
If you aren't afraid of heights and you want to clear your mind the North tower is here for you. With the North Tower there are two options, you can enjoy the view from the top of the tower or go to the Owlery. If you don't like animals or pets I advice the top of tower. You get the view without the owl screeches. If you are very fond of animals the cries of the owls work rather relaxing. Enjoy the view with some screeches and cries in the back. Just beware that some owls bite and aren't very fond of large groups of people. The con of both these places are people, you can't exactly fit a herd of people on the towers or in the Owlery.

The Lakefront
Another one for the lovers of nature. The lakefront is more diverse, you get the existed green life that Hogwarts has, but there is also the option of swimming. Do not overestimate your ability to swim, water can be dangerous even if you are the best swimmer out there. The lakefront has everything one needs to relax. Nature, water and a lovely scenery. If you want to paint, draw or just lay in the grass there is something out there for you. There are two cons with this place, of course the weather plays a role here as well, the second con is that people that want to swim need to make sure that they can actually swim. You need to respect the water and everything that is in there.

Notable mentions
The forbidden forest and the cliffs.
For the real thrill seeker this is the place to you. If you relax from adrenaline shooting through you body while running away from a Professor that tries to catch you. I would definitely advise this. The only con with this is that you aren't allowed to go to these places. They are forbidden for a simple reason that it is a very dangerous spot to relax.</FONT></SIZE></COLOR>
Author: Jacob Finley​
<i>
</i>​
Y U L E B A L L F A S H I O N
Hi everyone!

Here I am with a lovely story about the Yule Ball and the amazing fashion! It was magicial as always, our Yule Ball from this year. And I don't know about you guys, but I enjoyed the beautiful dresses and tuxedos that people put on. I'm suprised by some first years that already have great sense for fashion. Sometimes it feels like the dress picks someone, and not the other way around. Don't you guys ever have that feeling when you walk into a store? Like the dress or suit is calling you? Well I do, and I have a feeling that some of our students had that exact thing. Because they looked incredible! So I'm gonna write about my favorite dresses and tuxedos that I have spotted at the Yule Ball. From each year I've chosen a few who stood out with their amazing outfit. And last but not least I've picked a girl and a boy that I choose as king and queen of the ball. Those two people can call themselves the best dressed. Enjoy!

First Years
Let's start with our youngest ones. I've noticed some very pretty dresses from the girls. The boys have still a long way to go. But nothing is impossible boys! This is just the beginning.
04e39e3bf46a7bc1e06f4ab8a3424f8a.jpg
tumblr_p4bahqKN5E1qeqbn9o4_400.jpg
fzWpovq.png

Jemma Potter: Wow! I love this dress. I like the golden details and the shoes match perfect with the dress. Good job!
Analei Louw: This Burgundy colour looks incredible on Analei. The low neckline is edgy and I love it. I want the dress in my closet right now!
Emilia Manning: Emilia has surprised me. This long black dress is elegant and it is beautiful on her. It screams classy! Good job cousin!
Second Years
Let's continue with the second years. I've seen some nice things.
JckgmF8.jpg
Colton+Haynes+2012+White+House+Correspondents+4QWuLcmP1_Gl.jpg
65ny3ZW.jpg

Jasmine Wolfe: Well this is something special isn't it? I really adore the shiny glitter. I like the fact it is something different than everyone else. Good job!
Liam Waldgrave: Our first boy! Liam knows what a good tuxedo is. I like the blue detail in his pocket. Pretty boy isn't it girls?
Gabriella Tillington: Lovely! The colour suits Gabriella perfectly. A elegant dress it really is!
Third Years
Some third years were really killing it!
Chloe-Bennet-662x987.jpg
740full-sabrina-carpenter.jpg
tumblr_p1mypfrOQS1vi5akdo5_540.jpg

Elizabeth Chatwin: Elizabeth wears the colour of her house and it suits her pretty well! The colour is amazing and the dress seems like royalty. Really classy!
Jessica Matthews: This is one of my favorites! Jessica looks like a princess. The colour is tricky with a pale skin, but she rocks it! Not everyone can do that.
Marcos Morales: Marcos rocks it! With this suit. He makes it very refreshing by choosing for a nice pattern for his blouse.
Fourth Years
As it seems the Ravenclaw fourth years have great sense for fashion. But boys come on! Next year better.
Clare+Bowen+2014+G+Day+USA+Los+Angeles+Black+Biz2opJTCCtl.jpg
nEIt6bf.jpg

Beaubelle Waldgrave: Wow, wow! Beaubelle, this is what you can call a real dress! Perfect for the Yule Ball. I just like shiny things, who doesn't love it?
October Alcott: Ooh lala! October has chosen for something edgy. It looks amazing on her. I like the translucent substance. Really hot!
Fifth Years
My own year! The fifth years have great sense for fashion. (I'm not only talking about myself guys..) Especially the boys know how to dress up. Go fifth years!
XYn1yKP.png
tumblr_p1mypfrOQS1vi5akdo10_540.jpg
tumblr_p1mypfrOQS1vi5akdo7_1280.jpg
5ifD4fE.png

Lucas Woodlock: Lucas knows how to dress up. A blue tuxedo is totally fashionable at the moment. He looks very handsome in this suit.
Flavio Morales: The Ravenclaw prefect is really doing it. This suit is just made for him. Great job Flavio!
Rory Fergusson: Rory is always fashionable. He matches the white shoes with his suit, really clever. It is just complete like this. My compliments!
Noemie Vanity: Gorgeus! It seems like a simple black dress, but the split inside the dress makes it complete! Those shoes also! Love it!
Fleur Worth: The slytherin prefect looks incredible in this long dress. It screams Yule Ball and Fleur knows how to dress and be beautiful. You looking amazing!
Sixth Years
Some Sixth years had lovely outfits!
tumblr_p4b87mvBQb1qeqbn9o1_540.jpg
francisco-lachowski-next-spring-summer-2016-008.jpg
tumblr_p1mysfxE1W1vi5akdo5_400.png

Daisy Parker: Wow! You can really tell I like glitter right? Daisy looks amazing! The part glitter and white skirt underneath is a great combination.
Noah Warland: Yeah Noah does a good job with putting on this tuxedo. It looks amazing on him. I do like the bow tie. Good choice!
Zared Katsaros: The slytherin prefect is just being handsome in his suit. This is what a man should dress up like. Great job!
Seventh Years
Last but not least our oldest ones. They will leave us this year. But some of them really made a last good impression at the Yule Ball for sure!
wIxTheW.jpg
jCrB1xB.jpg

Madeline Walden: I absolutly love this dress! Maddie is just rocking it for the last time. This dress is just out of the world. I'm kind of jealous, don't tell!
James Cade: The Gryffindor prefect is just adorable. With his bow tie and lovely suit. The belt could be different, but small detail right?
KING AND QUEEN OF THE BALL!

Then the final conclusion! As queen and the best dressed girl at the Yule Ball I have chosen: Madeline Walden!! Congratulations you deserve it! You understand that I want to borrow your dress sometime? Then, finally, our king and best dressed boy at the Yule Ball is... Lucas Woodlock!!!
wIxTheW.jpg
CprDFjdWgAAtnpc.jpg
<FONT font="verdana">

Well deserved and enjoy this fame! Great job Gryffindor. I'm curious who I can name next year.
Author: Evelyn Manning​
<i>
</i>​
H O W T O A V O I D D E T E N T I O N
Detention can be such a buzzkill! No one wants to spend a beautiful day inside cleaning the owlery or scraping up the dirt spots in the greenhouses. Especially if your head of house enjoys punishment! Here's a list of how to avoid getting those detentions and ruining your great day.

1. Don't get caught!
Seriously, the best way to avoid detention is to not get caught in the first place. If you're going to be doing an activity that might be detention worthy, I recommend doing it in broad daylight. No-one expects people to slink around in the day!

2. Express remorse.
When you've done something bad, it's important that you apologize for your actions and show that you realise what you've done is wrong. It's important to be genuine and look the person in the eye, whether they are a professor or a prefect. You may not get off scot free, but you might lose a couple of house points instead.

3. Take responsibility for your actions.
It's important that you acknowledge the problem was you and you alone. Trying to put the blame on others only shows you don't accept the full responsibility and makes you a hostile student. Taking the blame as it comes shows you are truly remorseful and makes you appear to be a more mature student.

4. Don't argue.
Arguing, yelling, cursing are all examples of what not to do when you do get caught. Challenging authority, especially in a crowd, will not get you out of detention. In fact, this is more likely to make you a target for an example to be made out of. Professors are authority figures, so we should treat them with the appropriate respect.

5. Promise to improve your behaviour.
Remember to tell them you are going to change. Your apology won't be accepted if this is a recurring problem. State your clear plan of action not to do it again, encourage your professor to help you change and seek to mend any broken bridges.

6. Always be respectful.
Even if you are being disrespected yourself, try to maintain your composure until you can find someone else to help you. If it is a Professor that you feel is disrespecting you, go to your Head of House first. If you feel it has not been dealt with appropriately, I urge you to try your Deputy Head.

7. Avoid making a scene.
It doesn't matter how wrong you think they are, arguing and making a scene will not help you. Making the situation worse is more likely to make you miserable when you inevitably do get given a detention. You just never know when things could escalate.

8. And finally... take the points loss.
When you've done something wrong, the most immediate threat is points loss. Most often you'll only lose 20 - 30 points depending on severity. Don't fight it. Take the loss. You can win them back later by doing something good, but don't make it worse by fighting it. The detention isn't worth it.
Author: William West​
<i>
</i>​
A G O N Y A U N T

tumblr_p44uq5QZJr1w1znofo1_250.gif

Dear Agony Aunt,
There's a boy in my year that is so horrible, but no one seems to see through him like I do. He has so many friends and everyone likes him, but I can't understand why?! Please help!

Glass-maker.

Dear Glass-maker,

You need to make people see him for what he really is. Break the glass so to speak. If people won't be swayed with a convincing argument, lay a trap for the boy so he can reveal himself to the world.

Dear Agony Aunt,
I really hurt one of my friends. Well, I got her hurt any way. She doesn't seem to think it's that much of a big deal, but it was really bad. I feel guilty because I've been keeping this big secret from her and I don't know how to tell her. I keep thinking it's too late now and she's going to hate me. I've been keeping it a secret because I know how she feels about it. I want to tell her, but I don't want to lose her. What should I do?

From
Guilty Secret

Dear Guilty Secret,

Tell her the secret. Seriously, how bad can it be?

Dear Agony Aunt,
I shunned one of my best friends when I was feeling low. We recently broke up and I'm worried she thinks its because I still have feelings for her and maybe I do but it isn't the reason. I think I'm in a better place now and I want my friend back but I don't know how to make things right.

From,
A Cowardly Lion

Dear Cowardly Lion,

If she really is your friend things should be fine and she probably misses you too. Though I don't get how anyone can be friends with their ex. It just gets messy.

Author: Diane Winters
<i></i>

[td]
J O B S W E W A N T
M A G I C A L S O C I A L W O R K E R

After reading an inspiring piece by fellow writer Stella Stillinski, it became apparent to many students that there are options out there when one is feeling sad, lonely, or has a rough life outside of the walls of Hogwarts.

In this issue it seemed most appropriate to follow up and present a career that helps those in need in the magical world. Over the Brightstone weekend I met with Paige Rivers to discuss the ever rewarding job as a St. Mungo's Social Worker, and what it's like inside her day to day work life.

Anon: Hi, Ms. Rivers! The receptionist pointed me to you, I was hoping to get an interview about your job for the Hogwarts Monthly?
Rivers: Yes, that is okay, I just need to put myself on unavailable so we don't get bothered by others.

A: Thank you! I really appreciate it. I do an article on the kinds of jobs that students may be interested in. So let's start easy with what school you attended and if you have a house?
R: I attended Hogwarts New Zealand and I was sorted in Slytherin. I graduated in 2040, which makes me feel old already.

A: Slytherin? So ambition is what got you here then! What is your official job title according to the Hospital?
R: I don't think it was ambition, then I would have done better in school.'' I think it was my determination and love of people that got me here. My official job title is Social Worker.

A: This must be a very rewarding job, do you have a story that got you here, or did you just throw a dart on the board to pick where you were going to work?
R: Yes, it is extremely rewarding'' Let me think, Hogwarts was lovely, but I wasn't very academic so I didn't have the grades to become a healer which was what I dreamed about. Then I just searched for what still suited me, but wasn't as hard as becoming a healer. When I searched for other jobs at St Mungo I found out you could also become a Social worker which suited me perfectly. I don't like blood, but I love to know what people think about and why Is that understandable?

A: That's perfectly reasonable. So this job is for those people who love people, don't like all the blood that comes with a healing job, and maybe for those who don't always have the best grades but still have determination, yes?
R: Yes, that sums it up completely, you do need to understand people and don't back off when they yell at you.

A: So if you could give advice to someone looking to go into your field, what would be the most important advice you could give?
R: Hmmm, that is a hard one. I would say that with everything people need to follow their hearts. If you don't want to help people or try to fake it, people know it and will call you out on it. So my main advice is always be yourself and not something others want you to be.

A: Thank you so much for your time! I think I've got everything I need for my interview! I will make sure to mail you a copy of the paper once the article is out! Thank you again!

From the above interview, I think some of the important points to draw for someone interested in a field like social work is that you need to be yourself. No amount of O grades or money can make people trust you, but being yourself and being honest can bring a world of difference to your life.

That being said, don't give up in school because you hope your good personality will open every door in life. Find balance, and remember, when things get hard people like Paige, or Maria Madison the Hogwarts counselor, are out there waiting to help you. You are never alone, and I think giving someone that peace of mind in your career is rewarding in itself.
<SIZE size="50">Author: Anonymous
[OOC: Aminia Macksimov]​
<i>
</i>​
[/td]

S T U D E N T P O L L

<FONT font="verdana">Photographer: Caro Taylor
<i>
</i>
yXMJYGQ.gif
42hC9D8.gif
kIyc6zC.gif
Bc5n2i9.gif
</COLOR>
Sophia Night
Hufflepuff First Year
"I'd really like to take part in professional equestrian, particularly riding at the Olympics. It's just something I'd really like to dedicate myself to."​
<i>
</i>
Stella Wright
Ravenclaw Second Year
"I've always been very interested in astronomy and science, so I want to be an astronomer or something like that."​
<i>
</i>
Troye Smith
Hufflepuff Third Year
"Oh! Hmm... I... want to pet cats, like all of the cats... No that's it, I want a career with cats."​
<i>
</i>
Tristan Collins
Hufflepuff Fourth Year
"I would love to pursue a career at the Ministry, perhaps something with law. I want to make a difference for the world in a positive sense. If I can help people that way, that would be great."
RkXrUQz.png
O10B9ap.gif
fKEtRBh.gif
CANoYH7.gif
Noemie Vanity
Ravenclaw Fifth Year
"I would like to be a journalist, and really working for the Monthly is why."
Eddie Applewhite
Gryffindor Sixth Year
"Hm, that's a good question. I never really bothered to focus on classes so I guess I'm going to take it one day at a time once I graduate. I may just have to marry a millionaire!"
<COLOR color="#000">Charlotte Owens
Slytherin Seventh Year
"I don't really have a certain career set in my mind yet, but it would be good to still be playing Quidditch when I leave Hogwarts."​
<i>
</i>
Professor Kahurangi Josephs
Ancient Runes Years 5-7
"Even when I was at Hogwarts I knew I wanted to be a teacher. I've always loved the feeling when you see someone really understand something for the first time and put it into practice."
[th colspan="4"]"What career do you want to have after school and what made you want to pursue it?"[/th]
Editor's Note: As always, I want to thank the ever growing, hard working staff of the Hogwarts Monthly! But I also want to take a moment to thank everyone else who also make this paper possible: the students of Hogwarts. Thanks for always willing to be interviewed and offer stories to the paper with your club involvement! Without you, the staff has nothing to write about, so this paper would not be possible without you. From all of us, thank you!
<SIZE size="50"><COLOR color="#000">Editor: Lennon Cohen-Knight​
<i>
</i><COLOR color="#000">

The arrival of the Hogwarts Monthly was always exciting. Maddie loved reading about the goings on at Hogwarts, of course she knew a lot about it already with James and Aaron being prefects and having siblings spread throughout the lower years but it was still interesting to see if anything had slipped under the radar. It was a little sad to think that this would be the last Monthly that she would read though. She sipped her orange juice as she flicked through the paper, she particularly enjoyed the 'Places to Relax' section as he featured many of the places that Maddie had some interesting conversations and adventures.

She was soon coming to the end of the Monthly when the Fashion section caught her eye. She knew Evelyn through Heta, and Aaron, and she knew that the younger student was very interested in all things Fashion. She read through her section with interest until she got to the seventh year section and was shocked to find that James and herself had been singled out as the most fashionable. Maddie nudged her boyfriend next to her "look at this James, we made the list!" she giggled. Her eyes widened when she reached the bottom of the section where she was selected as the best dressed. Was this for real? She was going to have to find Evelyn afterwards to say thank you. With a smile on her face she took a bite of toast, it was another nice memory to have before she left Hogwarts.

When Charlotte saw the Hogwarts Monthly sitting on the Slytherin Table as she came to the Great Hall for breakfast that morning, she quickly took one and sat down. It was the last Hogwarts Monthly she would read before leaving Hogwarts and Charlotte was excited to see how the paper had summed up the whole year. Her eyes scanned the pages, skipping the politics part until she found the quidditch section. Quidditch had not been very good this year and it disappointed the girl who only found her name in that section once. She was happy for Kim however as she was the only one who scored a goal during that particular game and she couldn't be more proud of her friend.

As Charlotte buttered her toast, she continued to read the paper, smiling slightly at her two friends being noticed as best dressed for their year at the Yule Ball. She was happy for them, even despite her name not being mentioned at all, and was just glad that they had something to be happy about before leaving Hogwarts. James and Maddie were definitely an unlikely pair and Charlotte just hoped that she could still stay in contact with them after school, even with their own lives to focus on. As she finished up her breakfast, Charlotte laid the paper back on the table for the next person to read before leaving the Great Hall.

As Eleanor sat down at the Hufflepuff table for breakfast, she noticed the Hogwarts Monthly next to her and made sure to pick it up, looking for the article that her sister wrote. It was good that her sister was part of a club in the school and she was genuinely happy at how well she was doing with it. The Hufflepuff chuckled slightly at her sister's words but was heartened by her last comment about love. Lily never really spoke about love and Ellie couldn't help but enjoy that side of her, feeling as though she could express her feelings more through her writing than through talking. As Ellie continued to read, she beamed as she noticed a section about the Wild Patch Club Event. It was good to know that other people in the school were enjoying the events and this made the Hufflepuff smile as she read it, hoping that this would bring in some new members for next year. After she had finished reading it Ellie continued eating her breakfast, reminding herself to talk to Lily about her section in the paper and to thank the girl for writing about the event later.

James liked Hogwarts Monthly well enough but he never found it as funny or scandalous as Rumor has it. That was a magazine that always caused some stirrings and it was a shame it hadn't been published in a while. James sat with his copy of the school paper open on the table while he shoveled cereal into his mouth. Out the corner of his eye he could see his girlfriend Maddie who seemed far more engrossed in the paper, James couldn't even say for sure what section he was reading. By the time he heard Maddie's voice saying something about them making the list he had completely lost his spot and had no idea what she was talking about. "Hmm?" He mumbled swallowing his mouthful and leaning over to see what she was looking at. "Well of course we did, we're the hottest couple in the school," James smirked. "Besides, that dress, wow," He added looking over the photo to remind himself. "You looked amazing that night, it looked pretty good off too," James said casually shoveling another spoonful into his mouth.

"Before they could bully some poor firstie into handing over their piggy bank, the headmistress showed up" Leda was fuming as she read about the so called scandal of the school. All they'd tried to do was raise some money to give the Professors a helping hand. Sophie Wilson, probably one of the nosy girls at the event, had written about them in entirely the wrong way. Now their names were in the paper and they weren't going to be trusted as easily, it was even more of a reason to lay low and remove their names from the students radars. She scrunched up the paper between her hands, tossing it across the table as she tried to get back to eating her breakfast, although her mind was now swimming with what they were supposed to do. There had been so many stories spun in the last few weeks that the Slytherin wished for nothing more than the truth to come out. She believed she was doing the right thing here at the school, and it was unfair for others perceptions to be tinted by ignorant few. She peered into her food, not wanting to meet the eyes of anyone reading their copies, hoping that no many people knew her name.

Jacob eagerly picked up the Hogwarts Monthly, skipping the first and biggest article when he saw it was about professors. He was looking forward to seeing his first interview ever in the paper, and when he found it, he stopped and took in the moment before reading. He'd been so nervous he hadn't even heard most of his brother's answers.

When that was done, Jacob looked at random articles, skipping the ones about fashion and parties and helping professors, and stopping again when he spotted an article about the revolution girl. It sobered Jacob right up and he read it through, feeling himself fall into his sad place. His cousins were still getting over a death in the family, and here she was still badmouthing them. Jacob was glad there'd been no more revolution stuff this year, and he hoped whoever these new candidates were, that they didn't have any children in the school to become targets of that girl and her friends. She didn't care about helping vulnerable people or she'd have stopped things before they got violent. She was just mean and didn't care about her own ideas, and he believed she would use whatever, even the candidates' kids, if it meant helping her revolution. Her continuing to use the Potter name just proved it.

Jacob knew he had to pull himself out of this so he shoveled a spoonful of oatmeal into his mouth and then turned the page until he spotted a photo of his friend blinking back at him. Jacob didn't know Tristan wanted to work in Magical Law. That's what his Uncle Carter did. Looking through the others, Jacob couldn't believe they all knew what they wanted to do, even the first year. Jacob had no idea! He continued to eat his oatmeal, finally making his way to the articles he'd skipped before, looking over Evelyn's article.

October usually tried to at least skim the Hogwarts Monthly when it came out, to get an idea of what was happening around the school. There usually wasn't much to interest her, but it was best to be informed about these things. So she took a momentary break from reviewing her notes to flick through the paper. She skimmed over most of it... the election, duelling, none of it was of much interest. The Quidditch section made her nervous and she skipped it entirely, struggling not to think about how it would probably be her being written about in that section next year. Thinking about taking over Isabelle's spot as seeker filled her with slight dread, and it was best to... just not think about any of that for now.

Jumping to the fashion section, October was surprised to see her own face staring back at her. It brought a slight smile to her face. She had really liked her dress for the Yule Ball, and was glad to see other people had liked it too. She was pleased to see Jessica's picture as well. They had made quite a pair. Seeing how they had looked from another perspective, October wasn't surprised that Tristan had seemed so eager to impress them. Looking over the rest of the paper nothing seemed especially interesting, until her eyes landed on the student interview. October hadn't paid much attention to the revolution when it happened, but actually seeing the girl's views laid out like this her arrogance was hugely frustrating, and October set the paper down, glancing over to the Gryffindor table where she could see Hayley eating with some friends. Someone needed to talk some sense into her.

Hayley picked up a copy of this semester's Hogwarts Monthly as soon as she heard it had come out. There was, obviously, one specific thing she wanted to see, but she scanned the other articles first, particularly the ones on politics. Unfortunately they weren't saying very much that was meaningful yet, though Hayley was, frustratingly, too young to vote yet anyway. She smirked at Asaiah's mention of the Potters' bad behaviour at the first meeting of the revolution. He had fallen afoul of them then, and it reassured her to see him continuing to bring it up. He would be a valuable ally when her plans continued. Hayley smiled at the mention of the Pride event, but as she read the article it seemed to be mostly about the decorations. Sure, they were nice, but that was so far from being the point that she was rather disappointed by it.

At last she came to the article she was really invested in: her own interview. She thought she had done rather well, sounding determined and confident despite the inner turmoil she'd been in at the time. And her digs at the Potters looked even better next to Asaiah's comments and the other political articles. Still, she had to admit some disappointment with the way the interview had gone. She'd hoped to use it as a platform to espouse her views, and while there was some of that, Lisa had been more interested in talking about what had happened and what might happen next. Nevertheless, that was still valuable, and she hoped her invitation would motivate more people to ask her about the next meeting, and talk to her about the revolution in general.

Emilia had heard the school paper would be out soon, and was excited when she was able to get a copy. She knew her cousin Evelyn was writing for the paper, so she started by scanning the paper for her name. Her eye fell on the yule ball fashion piece and she started reading it excitedly. Only to stop and stare in surprise when she saw herself. Her cheeks turned pink as she read what Evelyn had said. But then she grinned. She tore out the piece of the paper that mentioned her and folded it so she could save it for later. After this, she scanned the rest of the paper before putting it down again. She got to her feet, looking over at the Gryffindor table. She would have to thank Evelyn for this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back