Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Renata <3
Wand
Knotted 13" Sturdy Pear Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Eugene had loved being about school during the break but god was it good that everyone was back. He had missed hanging out with the boys, and specifically with the two boys with whom he often jammed out with. They’d come to the arts room, the best place for them to practice without anyone else getting annoyed. They could play as loud as they wanted. The last song they were playing was winding down and he glanced between them with a wide smile. It was always so good to play with them. It was always great fun, but they kind of just jammed out like this, and he wondered if they could do more. When the song ended he grinned at them boy, ”That sounded so good boys!” he said excitedly as the last chord on his guitar played. ”We sound so good when we play!” he knew that it was maybe exaggerating a little. But he felt like they were really good at playing together.

As much as he missed his family, Manaia loved his life at Hogwarts. He loved learning magic, seeing more of Auntie Kahu, making friends, finding himself, but most of all he loved jamming with his roomies. Music had always been a big part of Manaia's life with his family, and the fact that his jam sessions with Eugene and Nolan felt just as natural went a long way to help Hogwarts feel like home. He struck the piano keys triumphantly one last time as the song ended, laughing happily in response to Eugene's comment. "Totally!" Manaia grinned, hyped up by the energy of their jam session. "Dream team right here!"

Nolan had been so glad to be back at Hogwarts. Even though he had missed his siblings, his sister, Molly, had been bugging him all throughout his break, always asking questions about Hogwarts, which he would never answer. Like as mentioned, the boy was so glad to be back at Hogwarts again, especially with his roommates, who he had always jammed out with whenever possible. He liked spending time with Eugene and Manaia, especially when it had come to the music aspect. Nolan always had an interest in music, as his father had introduced music to him. As the song was coming to an end, Nolan played the last few cords on his bass guitar. The Irish boy nodded enthusiastically. "Aye! It was awesome!" Nolan says in agreement when his friends spoke. "I think we sound better than good. I think we sounded fantastic!" Nolan says with a laugh. "And yes! The dream team!" Nolan said with agreement as he pointed to Manaia. "I wonder what it would be like as a band. Like with band name and stuff" Nolan muttered to himself, not sure if the other boys had heard him or not. The boy had hoped that none of them heard that because maybe it was a terrible idea, though it wouldn't hurt to try and be one. They had been jamming a lot together though, so it had somewhat made sense to just, do it.

Eugene grinned with ease at Manaia who was at the piano, nodding agreeing what what he said. A definite dream team between them when it came to playing. He looked at Nolan on bass and grinned. It was really awesome to have people to play with, it wasn’t like being at home, he’d only ever had one other person to play with, aside from when he had music class. But this was just so much fun. ”I mean boys, why couldn’t we be a band? We’ve got a guitar, a keyboardist and a bassist, that’s pretty much a band!” he said excitedly, he had always wanted to play music with others and this would be a perfect opportunity to do that.

Jamming with his roommates had always reminded Manaia of casual jam sessions with his whānau* and he had never really looked at it as anything more, but as Nolan and Eugene brought up the idea of a band, it only made sense to him. Why weren't they a band already? "That sounds mean as!" Manaia said excitedly, sitting up straighter. "We could do concerts and stuff with other kids at school!"

*Whānau - Family

Nolan was caught by surprise when the boys had somewhat agreed and questioned about them being in a band together. The Hufflepuff had really enjoyed their jam sessions together, as well as just being around music in general. "Really? I think that would be epic lads!" Nolan says with a smile and nod, as Eugene and Mania went on about this band idea. Nolan clapped his hands together. "Dude! Concerts sound awesome! Playing live in front of a lot of people would be cool! What would we call our band?" Nolan said excitedly, as he kept thinking more and more into it. He thought that having a band name was one of the most important things when it came to forming a band, as people needed to know who they were. There were also a lot of bands that had so many cool names too, so he defiantly wanted a band name that was cool.

Eugene nodded in agreement, his excitement building. ”Definitely!” he said, he didn’t think they were ready for concerts and stuff yet but that was only because they hadn’t specifically practiced any songs to play for others. He nodded in agreement as Nolan said the same. ”We could play at like the yuleball and stuff!” he thought of Ive who had been the one to suggest that to him. He wasn’t sure what they could call themselves, but they did need a band name. They could in time go back and change it but it would be good to have an initial name. He thought about if they could combine their actual names. ”I dunno, maybe something hufflepuff related cause we’re hufflepuffs, like the badgers or maybe cause we’re three like musketeers?” he was throwing out ideas but wasn’t sure any of them suited them.

The more the guys talked about this idea, the more excited Manaia got about it. He nodded eagerly as Nolan and Eugene recommended ideas, face bright with excitement. "Oh, totally!" He said, when Eugene recommended playing at the Yule Ball. He paused at the discussion of names, thinking about it. "I do like The Badgers, but I reckon it needs something more. Like, The Badger Brothers or something? Like, make it memorable, you know?"

Nolan gets more and more excited when each of his friends suggests something new for their new band. Whether it was a band name idea or them performing at a major school event. "Oh yes!! Playing at the Yule ball would be epic!" Nolan says with a huge smile on his face. He could imagine the crowd maybe cheering for them and dancing to their music. The Irish nodded as his mates said some suggestions for what their possible name could be. "The Badgers and The Badger Brothers also sound cool! The Banging Badgers could be a possible idea on the list too" Nolan said as he thought aloud. The boy wasn't really that good when it came to naming things, so he was happy to hear any sort of suggestion from his mates.

Eugene couldn’t help the excitement he felt. He nodded thinking it would be cool to have a badger related name, it would probably be easier to pair than hufflepuff. He looked to Nolan as he suggested the banging badgers which was a pretty good name. He thought it would be good if they were something kiwi too. He wouldn’t want to use moari words given that only Manaia was and it would inappropriate but there were other things. Cuz maybe not. ”What about if we were the Sweet As Badgers?” he suggested, he thought it sounded cool when he said it and that it might just suit them.

Manaia nodded as he listened to the others discussing names, eyes lighting up at Eugene's suggestion. "Sweet As Badgers, yeah! I like that, it's like a pun." He grinned. "'Cause you could say we're like, as sweet as a badger is, or like... badgers that are sweet as! Yeah, I really like it." Manaia grinned, buzzing slightly with excitement at the whole idea. He had always sort of wanted to be in a band, and now this all just felt right. "This is gonna be awesome."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back