Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Straight (Gabriel)
Wand
Knotted 16 1/2 Inch Rigid Mahogany Wand with Boomslang venom Core
It felt strange to Sophie to host the final event for Hogwarts Monthly she would ever host. She was sad to leave the club behind, but happy too about all the memories she had made here with the members of the club. As they entered the room, they would immediately notice two tables lining the path into the club room. On these tables, notebooks were laid out with nameplates on top of them. Sophie had bought a house themed notebook for every member of the club, which they could pick up as they entered the room. The notebooks belonged to the house the person was in, and their names were put on it for clarity. Sophie had picked up just enough of each house, and hoped everyone would like the gift. "You can take it, it's a goodbye present." She said to the first people to enter, gesturing to the notebook. "I figured you guys could all use a notebook, as you're all writers."

Once everyone had entered the room and picked up their gift, Sophie smiled a little awkwardly at the members of the club. "This is... kind of an informal goodbye party from me to you, and to Hogwarts Monthly as a whole. That's why you guys all got a present, because each and every one of you have contributed to the paper over the past year. I couldn't have done it without you." She smiled at Joshua in particular, as he would be taking over the club after her. Sophie cleared her throat. "If you recall, at the last meeting I made you guys write your goals for the future on a piece of paper. Now I want to reflect on the past years instead. I'd like everyone to say a short line about their favorite thing about Hogwarts Monthly, or working on the paper. I'll start." She paused. "My favorite thing has been to see people appreciate our hard work and enjoy the issue when it comes out." She said, then she gestured to the next person to say something.

OOCOut of Character:
If you RP coming in, please RP grabbing your notebook. When the year is over, I'll be asking a member of staff to tranfser the notebooks from Sophie's inventory into the inventory of everyone who posted in this meeting. Thanks!

This was it. Caro had handed in her final photos, and her last issue of Hogwarts Monthly was out for the whole school to read. Seven years of her life working on this paper, and Caro had somehow never thought she would be sad to see it go. Come graduation, she knew she would be excited to walk away from Hogwarts and start her own life as an adult. But for now, this was the thing she was saddest to be leaving behind. Caro took a Slytherin notebook as she listened to Sophie, giving her best friend a warm but sad smile. This might be their final time working together as well, and she was sorry to see it go. Caro wasn't usually one to speak up, but she volunteered for once, speaking up next after Sophie. "My favourite thing has always been having freedom to create and express myself, since there's not a lot else to do at this school when it comes to the arts. That, and working with Sophie." Caro added, giving her best friend a warm smile.

With her third year on the paper winding down, Nell was finally certain. Of all the myriad clubs she had joined at Hogwarts, this was her favourite. She accepted a Ravenclaw notebook gratefully, listening as Sophie said her farewells. Nell would be sad not to have the Head Girl leading them anymore, having come to look up to Sophie over the years on the paper. She was glad for the opportunity to speak about what she liked, taking a moment to put her thoughts into words. "I really love being part of a club that feels important, like, we do something that means something. We're the way people get their news about this school, and we're all learning and teaching one another as we do. Some of the other clubs are just about having fun and goofing off, but Hogwarts Monthly feels important and special."

Sydney felt a small pleased smile on her face as she picked up the notebook, turning it over a few times in her hands. Taking a seat and tapping her fingers on the Slytherin crest on her note book, Sydney listened as Sophie said her farewell speech. She was actually going to miss having Sophie as their editor, she doubted their next editor would have the same level of integrity and intelligence as Sophie had. Not that Sydney would probably ever say it out loud.

Sydney listened as Sophie and the rest of the staff went around talking about their favourite parts of the paper. It was a bit too sentimental for Sydney's tastes, but since Sophie was leaving she guessed she could cut their editor a break. Though Sydney did wait for a few other people to go before she did, making sure she could come up with some more profound than the others. "I think it's important that the students have a voice here that's for and by students," Sydney said. She wished the school had more opportunities for artistic expression here, but the paper at least did serve an important purpose in that regard. "Thank you, for all your work, Sophie." She added, speaking mostly to her notebook on the table this time. Joshua had some big shoes to fill in Sydney's mind.

As the end of the year was approaching, tensions were in the air for the changes that would soon be taking place. One of those changes was Sophie, who’d run the Hogwarts Monthly since before Leda had even joined the club. She entered the room and spotted a few of the others in there, and took a seat with them to listen to what Sophie had to say. Leda believed it wouldn’t be the last time she saw the Ravenclaw, and maybe in the future they would see each other again. She considered what she thought the best thing about the club was, and while she’d recently admitted it to Alistair, she hadn’t really admitted it to many others, so she decided to be honest and see the reaction from the others in the same mind. “My favourite thing, is the idea that your words can actually influence a reader. You’re not just writing for the sake of it. Your words might change someone’s perception or put an idea in their head,” she shrugged. It was one of the most powerful things anyone could have. It was interesting to hear what everyone else thought, and their takes in it too, but she thought she was doing the right thing.

Poppy arrived to the newspaper’s end of year party and was excited to celebrate her first year on the paper. While she hadn’t gotten particularly close with anyone yet she had grown fond of everyone on the paper, and she was going to miss Sophie as editor and even Caro. She smiled as Sophie called them writers and she grabbed a Ravenclaw notebook off the table. She had just written horoscopes this year which had been a lot of fun, but she didn’t feel quite like a writer yet. “My favorite part of being on the paper has been getting to make something with all of you. We all played a part in making the paper and I think that’s really amazing.” she said when it was her turn.

Joshua couldn't believe the school year was ending. It felt like he was just starting his sixth year yesterday, and today it was ending. That would make it seem like nothing happened to him this year like he hadn't kissed his best friend and ended up getting punched by her boyfriend. He would be ignoring the fact that he was mention in the gossip collum following that incident and had come close to losing his best friend due to reckless action. The year may have gone by fast, however, as he thought about it some more he was okay with it all coming to an end. It's just so unfortunate Hogwarts Monthly was losing some of their members, including Sophie. Joshua came to the final meeting with the head editor, he carried a bouquet of mixed flowers. They were a mixed variety, the kind of flowers you give to someone who's graduating or won some type of award. Joshua listens to what Sophie had to say, a blush crept up his neck when she looked at him. One by one everyone replied to Sophie's question, then it was Joshua's turn. "I l-learn a different way to find a voice, I'm not sure if it's mine or not. I'm just glad to have met you while I did," Joshua responded before handing over the flowers. "Thanks for picking me as an editor, I'll try my best to keep it running smoothly. And...while we're here, I'm promoting Leda to co-editor. I ah, just know I'll need all the help that I can get," Joshua turns to the Slytherin, he didn't know what he expects her to say. She would be doing him a huge favor by accepting the position, she was a great writer and he was desperate.

Leda had been sat quietly listening to the others, when Joshua turned up with some flowers for Sophie. It was an interesting touch, and even though she was pleased with what Sophie had made of the club, she still wouldn't have done that much. The words out of his mouth were a surprise though, and the sixth year peered up to the Ravenclaw when he told them she would be co-editor next year. He'd previously mentioned that he had something to say concerning her in the next meeting, but she hadn't expected that. A smirk appeared on her face as she realised this would be she would be in one of the most influential positions in the school. Co-Editor of the students voice? It wasn't something she was going to take lightly but she'd certainly do her best to make the most of it. "I look forward to it," she confirmed, a glance toward the boy. She hoped she could do the club as proud as she had tried with the Slytherin Quidditch team, and they'd managed to come out on top too, so Leda was more than excited to see what came next for the Hogwarts Monthly.

Sydney had been expecting some sort of formal handoff to Joshua, with this being Sophie's last meeting as their editor, but she hadn't expected Joshua's announcement. She liked Leda well enough, she wasn't afraid to go after what she wanted, though Sydney sometimes doubted her motivations. And besides that, Sydney was pretty sure Leda had only joined the paper as recently as she had. Surely that meant Sydney was just as qualified as Leda was to be a co-editor. Or any of the other students who had joined when she had, let alone some of the reporters who'd been on the paper longer. Sydney wondered if Joshua was favouring Leda for any other reason, or what Leda had done to convince him. She'd have to keep an eye on their co-editors.

Nell listened as her paper colleagues talked about the things they liked, nodding in agreement with a few of them. She took particular interest as Joshua spoke up, wondering what kind of editor he would be. Her smile sank though, as he announced his co-editor. Leda had been one of the older kids getting into fights out in the Wild Patch, and she didn't trust the older girl. Plus, this had only been her first year as a reporter. Even Nell had been on the paper for longer. How was she going to even know everything she was supposed to be doing? Nell couldn't help frowning at the decision, glancing at Sophie to see what she thought of this.

Sophie smiled appreciatively as Caro poke first, and surprisingly openly about her feelings. Caro wasn't someone who often said positive things, and Sophie appreciated her words a lot. Her smile only grew when other girls spoke up too, each mentioning things they liked best about the paper. It made her feel like she had really made a difference, and the flowers Joshua gave her were nearly enough to bring tears to her eyes. She smiled at him, but her smile faded a little as he announced that he had picked a co-editor. It hadn't been something that had been discussed with her, and he was announcing it here for everyone. She thanked him for the flowers and nodded. It wasn't a bad thing for Joshua to have help, but it was strangely painful to have no say in the decision. The club was really his now, and no longer hers to run. "Well, I'm sure the two of you are going to do great, Joshua." She said softly. Then she nodded at Leda as well. But she wasn't sure if she was hiding her feelings entirely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back