Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Straight (Gabriel)
Wand
Knotted 16 1/2 Inch Rigid Mahogany Wand with Boomslang venom Core
Sophie had set up the Hogwarts Monthly room the way she usually did for a meeting, with a few additions. There were plenty of places to sit and chat, as well as snacks and drinks for everyone in attendance. She had tried a bit harder with the decorations as well. With many young students joining the club, Sophie wanted the room to feel welcoming to them. She wasn't sure if balloons would do the trick, but also wasn't sure what else would appeal to an eleven year old. She had tried, and figured that was the best she could do.

In addition to the usual things she set up for meetings, Sophie had placed a table in the center of the room. Anyone who came in would spot it immediately. On the table was a box, with pieces of paper in a neat stack next to it. Sophie hoped the idea she had would be appreciated. She wanted to hear more from the members of the club, and thought she had found a good way to let them give their opinion. Once everyone had arrived, Sophie spoke to them. She was less and less nervous about this as time went on. Maybe by her last meeting, the nerves would finally be gone completely. "Hello and welcome back to Hogwarts Monthly, or simply welcome to our new members." Sophie gave them a nod. "As usual, this is a meeting where we simply chat and catch up after the holidays, though you can always come to me with new ideas for the paper as well. I'd also like to tell you all that this year, Joshua Toubia will be helping me as assistant Editor." She looked at him with a slight smile.

Sophie then gestured to the table, which she had noticed had drawn a few curious looks already. "Before you leave, please also fill in one of the forms on the table. There's a piece of paper for everyone, with three questions on it. The first is to name a goal for yourself within the club. Why did you join? What do you hope to achieve? Maybe it's to improve your writing, or maybe it's just to get your name out there. I don't care what it is, just be honest about it." She said bluntly. "Next, is a goal you'd like to see us strive for as a club together. What direction do you want to see the paper go in? Would you like there to be more of a focus on sports? On events? News outside of Hogwarts? Anything is fine, as long as it's a goal we could all work on together." She was nearly done now, thankfully. "The last question is simply if you have anything to add. Any ideas, comments, simply something you'd wish to say to me... whatever you want." Sophie shrugged. "It's not that difficult, but if you have any questions about it I'll be here. It's important to me to see where you guys stand, and what sort of things you want from the club. Just put it in the box after filling it in." She had talked enough now, so with another nod and a gesture, she ended her speech. "Enjoy the meeting."

Name:
Personal goal within HM:
A goal you'd like to see HM strive for as a club:
Anything you'd like to add:
OOCOut of Character:
Please add this to your post with a spoiler or quote, even if you don't RP the character filling it in yet. I'd like to see as many as possible, so preferably add it to your first post.

Joshua’s attendance was needed at the first Hogwarts Monthly meeting for the new school year. He made sure to remind himself to be prompt and not come late as he did for the club fair. He needed to be a bit better with timing, that’s for sure. And not wanting to disappoint Sophie, Joshua came a little earlier not only to be on time but to see if she needed any help with setting up. Joshua swung his messenger bag to the side, entering Hogwarts Monthly’s main space of operation. He stops to see that Sophie was putting the finishing touches for the meeting. “Sophie, hey, I guess you didn’t need my help with setting up,” Joshua made that observation, pulling his messenger bag over his shoulder. He set it down on a chair he would be occupying during the meeting.

“I don’t know how we’re going to do this without you next year,” for stuff like this, setting up and hosting meetings, how will the club function without her? She took her role seriously, Joshua can only wish to be half as good as her. In time, the meeting was underway and Joshua was contemplating on what to write down on the form. He was put on the spot briefly, and thank Sophie for giving him this new promotion. A new position he doubted himself to do great on, and after a while, those doubts went away over the break. If he was preparing to enter the world of journalism after Hogwarts, well, he had to be a bit more gutsy and confident himself in his abilities. Joshua taps the form, he took all the time in the world to consider what Sophie was asking from them to fill it out properly.

Name: Joshua Toubia
Personal goal within HM: To be able to assist in any way I can. The role of the assistant editor is fairly new to me and I want to learn all that I need to know to execute my role right.
A goal you'd like to see HM strive for as a club: I would like to see more variety in topics suggested.

Sydney didn't put a lot of stock in things like school spirit or club activities, but she would never discount the importance or the written word or something like the school having a paper that was run by the student body. It was something they had full control of and Sydney appreciated the idea even if it was mostly used for dull things like talking about school dances and what the other clubs were doing.

Sydney entered the room, sitting down as Sophie greeted everyone and began the meeting. She wasn't sure there was anyone in the club she would deign to 'chat' with, though she did cast both Leda and Sophie a considering glance at the idea. Both older girls were interesting writers in their own right, and Sydney figured she could maybe be grateful to have two club members who weren't just here to write about Quidditch stats all day or something. She also spared a glance for their assistant editor, trying to size him up. She'd seen Joshua around, but he hadn't really made much of an impression. He definitely had big shoes to fill. Sophie's little poll form was interesting too. Sydney appreciated a chance to have some input in the running of things, happy to fill it out once Sophie was finished speaking.

Name: Sydney Townsend
Personal goal within HM: Empower myself to share my opinions with a wider audience.
A goal you'd like to see HM strive for as a club: Students involved being bold enough to express themselves

Cyzarine skipped excitedly into the Hogwarts Monthly meeting room. She spotted the table at the centre of the room, noting that there was a box upon it with several bits of paper right next to it. Cyzarine would’ve wondered over but the meeting was quickly started she looked more towards Sophie, the editor and the head girl. She nodded as the girl introduced them back to the monthly, and just a welcome to the new members. Cyzarine took that moment to glance around at all of the members, spotting in amongst the crowd, Violet! So her friend had taken on her suggestion and joined the monthly. That was going to be so exciting! She turned her attention back to the editor as she explain the paper and the box at the center of the room. She waited until the girl had finished speaking and then took one of the bits of paper. She found herself a quiet spot in the room and filled it out. She wanted to do it privately, figure out what her responses would be given that the editor would know who had said what with it. She finished it and folded it up before placing it into the box. Her attention then moved to about the room, hoping to spot someone she could talk to.
Name: Cyzarine Haden
Personal goal within HM: Improve my writing/english
A goal you'd like to see HM strive for as a club: bigger stories
Anything you'd like to add: Congrats on the head girl position, you are amazing!

Caro would estimate she was excited to be saying goodbye to about... 95% of the things about Hogwarts. She had almost dropped out once she was old enough to use magic at home, achingly bored of being trapped in the same place for so long. She had stayed though, and Hogwarts Monthly was a big part of why. This was her final year on the paper, and she wanted to make sure she left on a good note. These were going to be their best issues of all time, no question. Caro listened to Sophie as she began the meeting, surprised by the change in the meeting. She was glad for the opportunity to check in, but wasn't really sure what she even had to say. She filled her card in quickly though, dropping it in the box before going to grab something to eat. Sophie was once again too busy to talk to her, and it was hard for Caro not to resent her best friend a bit.

Name: Caro Taylor
Personal goal within HM: Practice photography
A goal you'd like to see HM strive for as a club: MORE PHOTOS!

Sophie looked over at Joshua as he approached her, and winced inwardly at his words. Of course, she should have asked for his help. As assistant editor, he was supposed to help her run the club, not just the paper. She sighed. "I'm sorry, I'm so used to doing this all on my own..." She admitted with a shrug. "You can help me read through all the paperwork later?" She suggested, gesturing to the box with the papers on the table. She shrugged. "You'll manage. I remember feeling that way when Lennon left too, but we managed as well." She said honestly. After the talk with Joshua, Sophie went around the room for a bit. She stopped near Caro and gave her friend a wry smile. "Strange to go into the last year on the paper, right?" Caro was the only other person who had been on it as long as Sophie had.

something went wrong here

Vi made it to the Hogwarts Monthly’s first meeting with her head held high and her journal resting over her chest. It was their first meeting this school year, it was her first meeting ever. Vi didn’t know what to expect, but she predicted a formal gathering with club members to discuss club related topics. Things that her brother and anyone else who didn’t find writing interesting, interests her. What she didn’t know as her mother never told her, Vi’s mom was the reason why Hogwarts Monthly was even thought of. Something her mother fails to relate to her daughter, but it might be another reason why she was here. The first being her best friend, Cyzarine. The Gryffindor had convinced her to join, Vi agreed after some silence deliberating. Vi sat once the meeting was underway, glancing over to Cyzarine and the Wilson girl. Sophie Wilson is the head editor of HM, she addressed the club members and then request that they fill out the form and drop the form inside the box. Vi snatched one of the forms, she wanted to take this club seriously. She thought long and hard what to write down on the form when she felt it was sufficient enough Vi place the form in the box. Vi went over to chat with Cyzarine so she didn’t look like a crazy person begging for attention. That may be a false narrative, but Vi can’t help but think her best friend always seems to look like she had ants in her pants.

Name: Violet Fields
Personal goal within HM: Improve writing.
A goal you'd like to see HM strive for as a club: Perhaps bring back old trends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back