Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Straight 11 Inch Whippy Ebony Wand with Demiguise Hair Core
While Augustus loved spending time with Addison and enjoyed hanging out with Ryan and Finn as well, sometimes he just needed time to himself. He had decided to go to the cliffs, which overlooked the lake. He was still sort of hoping to spot the eel. He had brought a book and made himself comfortable, sitting down to read.

Aine needed fresh air, but she didn't want to go anywhere where there was likely to be a bunch of people. So she'd put on sunscreen, put on a big hat, and taken some of her books to the cliffs overlooking the lake. She wondered if there was some kind of weird magic creature in the lake, so it was better to stay a distance away while semi-looking for it. There was another boy sitting near where she'd set her sights on. "Hope you don't mind," she said out of obligation, sitting down near where the boy was sitting and reading regardless of what he thought.

Augustus looked up in surprise when someone spoke. There was a small girl who had to be a first year, and Augustus blinked at her silently for a moment. He remembered what he had been like as a firstie, he would never have dared to speak to someone that much older. "Sure." He mumbled, feeling almost intimidated by her boldness.

Aine was never intimidated by adults or older students. If anything, she was probably more intimidated by people her own age, as the protocol and expectation of how to act around them was confusing. She did a poor job at continuing to read, getting distracted by staring down at the lake. After a few moments, she simply put her book down, shuffling forward a little just to look down and see what she could see.

With classes being so frustrated, Cameron was in desperate need of some fresh air, lurking around on the grounds until he spotted some kids where he was pretty sure they weren't actually allowed. "Is this supposed to be some sort of out of bounds bookclub or something?" He asked, making his way up to where the two students were overlooking the lake, arms crossed as he frowned at them.

Augustus tried to ignore the small child that had joined him until he saw her shuffle closer to the edge. He hesitated. "Uh, careful." He said, mostly because he felt like he should. Before long, they were joined by another small child, who reminded them this was out of bounds. Augustus winced, glancing down at his prefect's badge. He had forgotten this spot wasn't technically allowed. "I was just reading." He mumbled.

"I wanted to see if there was any weird magical creatures in the lake. From a distance." Aine admitted, surprisingly candidly. "Also read where there wouldn't be many people. Except there were people here already. But I'd already walked all the way up here and didn't want to leave right away." She didn't meet either of their eyes, still looking between her book and the lake.

Cameron scoffed at the older boy's response, dubiously noting his prefect badge. He didn't seem very prefect-y. "It's not like you could see anything from up here," he told the girl, squinting at the lake. "I bet there's just mermaids or something boring in there anyway," he added, as if seeing a mermaid was a totally mundane thing to him.

Augustus was a bit surprised to hear why the girl had gone to the cliffs, it sounded a lot like what he usually did. "I was the only person here." He mumbled. He glanced at the boy. "There's a big creature in the lake." He told him. "I've seen it. Sort of."

Aine almost looked smug at hearing that, but she held back and instead bowed her head slightly. "How are mermaids boring, anyway?" Bloody wizards, always so high and mighty. "Didn't mean to disturb your peace. Um. Sorry." She awkwardly apologized to the older boy, before gazing back over the lake, her brain running wild with ideas of what could even be there.

Cameron ignored what the prefect said, focused instead on what he said about something being in the lake. "Yeah right, what did you see, then?" He asked, disbelieving. He shrugged at the girl, not wanting to let on he'd never seen a mermaid either. "Who cares about mermaids. They just swim around stuff."

Augustus had to agree with the girl. "I don't think mermaids are boring." He said quietly. He shook his head. "Uh, no, you didn't. It's okay." He said softly. "It's not like I own this place." He said with a small shrug. The boy asked what he had seen. "Something big in the water." He said, aware it sounded vague. "And merpeople also have their own language, culture and do lots of things..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back