Hey you come check out Ancient Runes

Eden Silverback

OOC First Name
Eden
Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the mane of a Unicorn
Eden struggled to set up a table in the middle of the garden for some reason the legs would not unclasp and Eden needed them to open for her. "Come on you stupid table work for me." Eden muttered under her breath. Finally realizing she had a wand and magic Eden pulled it out and pointed it at the table. At once the table's opened up and set itself upright on the grass. Putting out a few signs she had made for the table that talked about Ancient Runes. Eden took her seat and looked around it was a nice day and people where sure to come and have a look when her other classmates got here.

Elvera left the castle with four chairs she had borrowed from one of the unused slassrooks on the first floor she went over to the garden where Eden was standing with the table "hey Eden, that looks perfect" she said placing the chairs with one on one side and three on the other. She then took a small bag out of her pocket and placed it on the table witha small clatter. She wondered if anyone else had brought any runes.

Eden looked up and saw Elvera. She had her in a few of her classes but they had never really took the time to get to know one another this could be a chance for Eden to maybe become friends with her. "Hey there Elvera. I am so glad that you brought chairs getting this table down here was such a pain." Eden said with a smile as she reached into her bag and pulled out her bag of runes that she kept safe in her pouch.

Elvera Smiled over at Eden she seemed like a nice person but she hadn't spoken to her much over the last four years. They needed to get this thing started she took a fiew purple peces of parchment out of her bag which she usually packed some food in, each of thease leaves gave direstions to the booth. Hopeing to attract some customers she showed them to Eden. She also put up a banner over the top of the stand between the trees on eather side. "so how are you enjoyng school at the moment?" she asked trying to make conversation as this would make the day a lot more plesent.

The young professor made her way down to the garden with a large bowl full of Bertie Bott's every flavor jelly beans. She wasn't very fond of them since she always seemed to have terrible luck when she chose one, but she knew they were a favorite with many of the students. Seeing her students already setting up, Cyndi made her way to them and placed the bowl on the table. "I thought this might help you guys get some business" she said with a smile.

"I won't stay long because between you and me...I think the whole professor thing scares the students away" she chuckled softly, "but, I'll be around." She picked up a purple jelly bean and popped it into her mouth. Making a face, she swallowed. "Gross...that one was medicine flavored. Why would they even do that?!" She shook her head.

Elvera turned around and saw professor Weasley approaching. "hello professor. is everything still okay to work" she called across the lawn. as the professor approached she could see she was holding a bowl of Burty botts beans. once she reached the table she smiled at her and took a bean that she hoped to be cookie dough. she put it in her mouth and realized that it was she turned around and spat it out into the bush. "sorry for that, it was acid i can't feel the inside of my mouth now. she croaked, reaching into her bag and withdrew a bottle which she had earlier filled with iced tea. "so professor can we please do a test reading on you? you know to start the day off" she asked as she would feel a lot more confident doing this if she had had a trial before hand.

Cyndi nodded her head and watched as Elvera picked a bean. She hoped that the girl had better luck than she did when it came to the beans, but soon realized that she didn't as she spit her bean right out. Shaking her head, Cyndi listened to the young Ravenclaws request.

Pulling over one of the seats, Cyndi nodded as she sat down. "How about I ask each of you one question just as a warm up?" she asked, figuring that Eden might also like the practice. She drummed her hands on the table as she tried to think of a question. Her features lighting up, Cyndi smiled. "Ok...I've got my first question. Should I take a trip this weekend?" She was thinking of going to visit her friend Kiera this weekend, but she did have a lot of things to do to prepare for her classes, so she wasn't exactly sure whether it was a good idea or not.[/b]

Jenn ran down to the garden as fast as her legs could carry her, with a bag of runes in her hand. She was so embarrassed that she was this late and as she approached the group, she panted a sincere apology, "God, I'm so sorry! There was a line in the showers, I lost my runes book and today is just not my day." She sighed defeatedly before grinning sheepishly, only now noticing that Professor Weasley was there. "Oh, hi Professor," she said with a sigh as she caught her breath. Jenn glanced over to the other girls apologetically, smiling nervously and hoping they wouldn't hate her for it..

((do you think it will be okay if we god mod people withdrawing the rune?))
Elvera was glad that the professor let them practice in her. "personally i think you should, we get a brightstone weekend so I'm sure you would also benefit from the break, but lets as the runes. please may you take a rune out of here whilst thinking about the question" she directed the professor, whilst holding out her purple bag, even though she was sure that she knew what she should be doing. she looked up as a voice sailed across the lawn. Jennifer, the final reader had arrived. complaining about long shower lines. Elvera knew how long they could be, however through trial and error she had found out that the showed were almost empty at about seven at night which was when she always took hers. "Hi, jennifer, your not late, we haven't started yet" she said as she was wondering which rune the professor was about to withdraw.

Cyndi smiled as the Ravenclaw urged her to go on the trip. She reached her hand into Elvera's bag and was about to pick a rune out, when the third volunteer showed up. "Hello Jennifer. When I was a student I used to take my shower around dinnertime. There never used to be anyone there at that time." she said after she listened to Jennifer speak. Now that she was a professor, Cyndi didn't have to worry about such things, but when she had been a student, it had taken a while to find the perfect time to shower. She hoped the girl's day would get better now that she was outside enjoying the fresh air.

Returning to her task, Cyndi closed her hand around a rune and pulled it out, only opening up her hand once it was fully out of the bag. Laying on her palm was the rune 'Raido.' Cyndi smiled and feigned ignorance as she waited to hear Elvera's interpretation of the rune.

((You can always pick the rune out yourself so you don't have to godmod anyone.))

"lunch time. thats interesting, i always shower at about 7:00 its generally quite quiet then, but in the morning and after eight is busy, also before six, but i like my sleep. she giggled lightly as she knew the problems of queues in the shower.
Elvera smiled at the professor knowing full well what the rune represented. "now raido is a rune, which represents travel and transportation, Travel is highly recommended with this rune so i reckon that this trip you are planning is a good idea." she smiled and hoped that she had interpreted it well.

Eden watched as Elvera did a reading. She seemed like she knew what she was doing and if she did not than she was hiding it very well. Waving to Jennifer as she ran up. Eden reached into the bowl and pulled out a bean it was red and Eden put it in her mouth. Tasting the cranberries Eden smiled she had gotten a good one but what she really wanted was some jelly slugs. Reaching into her bag and pulling out her secret stash of them Eden open and offered the table some. "I think these are just a bit better than the beans no crazy flavors to worry about." Finally letting herself sit down Eden waited for her question. She already knew how to do a ready but practice never hurt anyone.

Cyndi listened to Elvera's interpretation and her smile widened. It was excellent. "Good job" she said, quite impressed with her student's ability to quickly read the rune. She glanced over at Eden as she thought of a question for her and watched in interest as the girl bravely ate a bean. She could tell that the girl had gotten lucky when she didn't make a disgusted face.

As she pulled out a bag of jelly slugs and offered them around, Cyndi chuckled. "Those are definitely better, but no thanks." As she sat down, the professor finally came up with a question. "Ok Eden...this one is a little bit different." She bit her lip, wondering if she should bring it up in front of her students but then figured that it wouldn't matter because they were likely going to see it anyway. "So...I've been thinking of getting a tattoo, probably of a rune but I don't know which one. I guess my question is should I get one?"

Jeremy stepped out of the castle and decided to walk around the grounds for a bit. It was a really great day out and there were a bunch of other students who seemed to have the same idea. As he walked, Jeremy noticed that in the gardens, a table had been set up and several students were gathered near it. He made his way over slowly, not usually one to approach a crowd, but he saw someone he recognized, a fellow Ravenclaw.

With a small wave, Jeremy greeted her. "Hey Elvera" he began, her name coming easily to him. She'd been one of the nicest older student he'd spoken to. "What is all this?" he asked, looking around at the other students who were around. He couldn't tell for sure but two of them seemed much older than even Elvera who he knew was a fourth year.

Elvera watched as a first year boy came accross the grownds towards them as he came closer she reconised him as one of the first years she had met in the commonroom. But she couldn't remember his name "hello, we are doing a rune booth to try and show others how awsome runes is. Do you want me to do a reading for you?" she asked answering his question. Her first propper customer "just ask a question and we will see what the runes think" she directed him wishing that it would work.

Jeremy listened to Elvera speak and looked around, then shrugged his shoulders. He didn't really have anything better to do and it sounded interesting. He remembered her mentioning that Ancient Runes was her favorite class or one of them anyway. "Can I ask anything then?" he asked and then thought. After a moment, he asked, "How about...is playing my guitar a waste of time?"

Elvera put her hand into a rune bag and withdrew a rune a small square with a line throughthe middle "now this is Jera it not going against the valence of life. So I recomend not stopping playing guitar if it feels right but if you have to force yourself to play then maybe you should give it a rest for a while. she said smileing hopeing she had helped the boy out.

He nodded thoughtfully not realizing until Elvera mentioned it that thinking about guitar had been causing him some stress. It wasn't as fun as it used to be and he wondered whether a break might not help him feel better about his playing. "Thanks" he said with a smile.

((OOC So sorry that it took me so long to respond Professor. I had that trip to Cali and other awesome surprises.))

Eden thought about the question for a moment before reaching into her rune bag herself. No one had ever touched these runes other than the old women in Japan who had made them for her and if Eden had her way no other hand would know them but hers. Pulling out a rune Eden looked at it and smiled. "It is Tiwaz, Rune of victory and success. I think that is a good sign that you should get a tattoo of a rune. From the sounds of it this may be a good rune to get a tattoo of. Eden placed the rune in her bag and looked around the day was nice and Eden was glad to be out of the castle. Helping herself to another jelly bean Eden smiled when it was buttered toast. It seemed like Eden was really good at picking jelly beans.

Elvera was glad the boy understand what she meant. she watched him then eden spoke up and she realized that the professor had asked her about a tattoo. she didn't know weather she should but she wasn't doing the reading or anything so instead she kept he eye on the surrounding gardens for customers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back