Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
Xavier 💕
Wand
Straight 12 1/2 Inch Unyielding Ash Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Alexis had thought she would seek @Joshua Toubia out. The rose and the note bothered her so much, she did not know what to make of it. Fingers crossed, it was just nothing unusual. She did not want to go through what they had the year before. She had sent a note to the boy to meet her there. Sat again in front of the piano, the Ravenclaw began to play a song. It was a sad melody as she did not have the energy or muse to play a happy tune. She had just been here hours before where Elio found her. She hoped her best friend would come soon. The notes and roses were placed on top of the piano.

Last edited:
Joshua received Alexis's note and went downstairs to meet her at the art room. A part of him was a tad nervous that she figured out he sent those other roses to her. The roses that advise her not to get married. But then again, he welcomes Alexis suspecting him. He could tell her truth and maybe it will postpone the young couple's plan of getting married. Hearing the lowly tones as he reach the last step, Joshua sighs. He can't help but feel guilty that she playing the piano like that. The prefect compose himself to appear at ease. He enters the room waving a greeting to his best friend. "Alexis, hey."

Alexis stopped when she heard Joshua entered and greeted her. She silently stood up, went over to him and hugged him around the torso. She tried to calm her heart and steady her nerves not to cry. She was emotionally exhausted from all the anonymous roses. "Hi.", she mumbled into his chest. She pulled back and gave him a small smile. "Sit with me?", she asked as she made her way back to the piano.

Last edited:
Joshua returns the hug, taking this moment to feel the warmth of best friend close to him. It's lovely, it's nice. "Hey, is everything okay?" The guilt weight on him even more hearing the sadness in her voice. Did he cause that? He wasn't trying to hurt her...only make her understand she was rushing too fast into marriage. Joshua nods and follows her to the piano. He sits down with her.

Alexis smiled when Joshua sat down beside her. At his question, she tried to shrug it but could not. "I guess?" She reached for the roses, one of which, the yellow one, was crumpled. It happened when she went along with Vader, asking her to crush it with her hand that wore the ring. "They are pretty, aren't they?", she began. She then reached for the notes, including the one from his best friend. "But some of them were....not?", she sniffled, tears threatening to spill again. She passed them to the boy."Yvette said something nice though. While Sully...was being Sully.", she lightly laughed. "And then, there was...", her voice trailed off, knowing Josh knew what she was talking about. Your note. She wanted to say.

Joshua heard it in her voice, she stated the opposite from the truth. That kills him, he will have to speak his truth. He won't be able to sit there and not say anything. "You guess?" Joshua push himself to say, he said anything to avoid speaking the truth just yet. Buying time, he was buying time to say it. "Yes...to be honest I'm getting sick of them. They're nice, but not all the time. They're better for special occasions, is what I'm saying," he confessed to Alexis. Not the truth he was avoiding to say, however, rose giving have become a tedious tradition to him. Joshua took the notes and read them, the sting of Yvette standing him up very much, well, stung. He read her note, at least she was pleasant to Alexis. The other notes were the ones he sent pleading her not get married. Joshua read his words over and over again. "I have to tell you something..."

Alexis leaned on Joshua's shoulder while one hand was fiddling with the ivory keys. Soulful notes filled the room as they kept each other company. She closed her eyes, tired of the roses. She hummed as she listened to her best friend voice out his thoughts on the event. "Glad it's our last year on this right?", she joked halfheartedly. She just kept her position as she waited for him to finish reading the notes. She wondered how he felt about Yvette's note. When he started to speak, she held his hand, lacing her fingers with his. "Don't...For a few minutes, don't tell me anything. Please?", her voice cracked a little. She was afraid that things would change again between them. She covered his hand with her left, the one wearing the ring

Joshua remained seated as Alexis became comfortable sitting beside him. As comfortable as she can be despite the way she was feeling. The prefect listens to those ivory keys play, following her slim fingers sink the keys quite beautifully and hauntingly. He nods in response, he’ll miss some aspects of Hogwarts. The parts he didn’t like he’d like to get away from it as fast as he could. The school has grown on him over the years, he just needed...space. Space from everything and everyone around him, including Alexis, his best friend. Joshua sat still, and nodded again. He had to tell her, had to tell her the truth. “I...I’m s-sorry Alexis...I have to tell you,” the teen spoke again, he felt suffocating not to tell her. Like the secrets were choking him on the inside and he couldn’t breathe right if he didn’t say them. “I..I sent you roses telling you not to get married, the ones with no names...they were from me. I just think you’re so young and Xavier, you’re rushing too fast into something you may regret down the line…”

Alexis could not understand why she was so affected with all these. These people did not know her and Xavier. She sighed, letting herself be comforted by Joshua's nearness. Yet, she sensed there was something amiss with her best friend. Her fingers still played on the keys until he spoke up. As soon as Joshua said her name and apologizing, she shook her head, not wanting to hear more. The hand holding his tightened as if she could stop him from talking. She failed and when he admitted about the yellow roses, her fingers stilled. Shock was all she felt, betrayed even yet hurt triumphed them all. She pulled back to look at him fully. "Y-you sent them? Why? You should have talked to me instead.", her voice broke. "You're my best friend, Josh. I thought no more secrets." The prefect took the notes back, shuffling them to separate the anonymous ones and his from Simon's, Yvette's and Sully's. Then, she picked up the one that he signed. "Love you, Alexis. I hope you know that. Joshua.",she read it before looking at him in the eyes. "What about this? You signed your name, Josh.", she sounded confused and hurt. She thought they were okay. That he was happy for her. "Aren't you happy for me?" Tears threatened to spill.

Her fingers slipped away from his, he couldn't stop himself from speaking the truth. Even if the truth hurts Alexis, Joshua needed to confess to his terrible deeds. Though, they might not seem so terrible to another. Joshua witnessed the disbelief and hurt from his best friend. The weight of guilt was gone but regret soon took over. "I d-didn't know how to tell you, I didn't know what to say. I thought if I sent it to you anonymously t-that you would consider it... Alexis, you know me... I'm no good at this stuff sometimes," Joshua stammers, feeling so an adequate that he stood up abruptly moving away from Alexis. He cast his gaze down trying to decipher his thoughts and emotions, it wasn't an easy task. A lot was going through his mind, if there were an off switch connected to his brain he gladly flick it down. Joshua tapped at his sides, it's become a coping mechanism for him. He's not sure if it works, too early to tell. "I do love you, you're my best friend. And it's because I love and care about you that I sent those roses. I don't want you to get hurt, Alexis. I don't want you to get hurt…"

Alexis searched Joshua's eyes for some hint that he just meant them to be funny. But all she saw was regret and guilt. "I know you, yes. But Josh, you know me too. Just saying it to me straight would suffice. You were able to tell me, well sort of, what you need to know last time.", she chuckled lightly, remembering last year. To find out her best friend was responsible for the notes was painful, but to suddenly feel empty when he moved away from her was worse. She watched him struggle with himself. Her tears fell when she heard him be concerned for her. Slowly, she approached him. She cupped his cheek making him look at her. "And I love you too, best friend. And I am glad that I have you to protect me. But I am hurt now...It hurts me because you don't trust our friendship to tell me…", she sobbed as she moved to hug him again. She sniffled as she rested her head on his chest. "I am happy… That you care...that you love me...I'd be happier if you support me on this…And for the record,I'm not getting married right away after graduation.", she sighed, tightening her hold on him. "Just be with me...for me…" She reached up and gave him a sweet kiss on the cheek. "Please?", she pulled back to look at him fully.

He didn't realize the irony or hypocrisy on his part until he spoke them out loud. He sent the roses and notes to protect her from getting hurt. In the end, he was causing her distress and pain. Joshua is the one hurting her. Joshua sighs, rubbing the side of his temple. How can he be so bad at this? How does he manage to screw up when he really thought he was helping? Joshua felt a headache coming on, no amount of temple rubbing is going to stop it. He went still when Alexis held up the side of his face. Her words stung him, he deserved it. He deserved it and much more. The prefect embrace his best friend of many years, the girl with the forgiven heart and kind soul. He is so very lucky to have such a friend in his life, the world would be so much better with more Alexis around. "I trust you, Alexis. I clearly don't trust myself," Joshua mournfully admitted. "And, you're right...I should have gone to you from the beginning. I'll learn to be a better friend," Joshua vows, he rubs her back while she cries. He hates seeing and hearing her cry, especially when he caused it. "Okay, I will support you. You're my friend and I want you to be happy, not like this. Not crying, I'm sorry," he apologizes, and then faintly smiles over the kiss. "I will be there for you, Alexis. Through the good and bad, I'll try. I'll learn to be. Even when I don't deserve your friendship, all I can do is make the effort, right?"

Alexis smiled at what she heard. Clearly, Joshua valued her as much as she valued him. "Hey, we all make mistakes. I did when I abandoned you at a game.", she smiled sheepishly. She sniffled as she snuggled back into his embrace. He felt warm and safe. Aside from Xavier, Joshua was her second sanctuary. "You deserve my friendship, silly. There's no such thing as that. You're my best friend.", her voice firm to let him know that she meant everything she said. After a few moments, she stepped back, wiping her eyes. “Hey, wanna hear another song? I promise it will be a happy tune.”, she playfully nudged at him before she started to pull him back to the piano. She sat down and began to play. The prefect thought this was a perfect song for them. Even before Xavier became her boyfriend, Joshua had always been there for her. She smiled as she sang while her fingers danced on the ivory keys of the piano. She would surely miss him when they graduated and hopefully, they would still hang out.

Joshua couldn’t understand how both scenarios were the same, though, he simply nodded at Alexis. He would try to avoid upsetting her any further, he has caused her enough distress for one day. Joshua lifts his head up and smiles, “Yeah, sure,” he follows her back to the grand piano. Joshua took his place besides her, listening to Alexis play the piano. The tone of the song wasn’t so sad and depressing as the last one. A bit sad, yeah, but not so bad when he truly listens to the lyrics of the song. “Hey, you said you promise,” Joshua quietly interjected. The lyrics were quite touching, he can’t help but feel a bit sad and happy at the same time. He can’t understand how Alexis feels this way about him after all that he’s done or not done. Their friendship was quite confusing to him, though, he appreciates her patience and understanding of him. He’s not sure if it were the other way around would he be the one to be there for Alexis in just the same manner? Would he have the same patience that she has shown him if it was the other way around? He wonders. Joshua can only hope to be that way, he can only hope.

Alexis chuckled as she continued to sing and play until the very end. "I can't help it. It fits us.", she playfully stuck out her tongue. She glanced at Joshua. She knew he was always uncertain about their friendship and she wanted to change that. They cared for each other in different ways and that was totally fine with her. She nudged him gently. "What chu thinking?", changing the topic from what transpired at the beginning of their talk.

Joshua shook his head, “Nothing...except that I’m really a bad friend for not knowing how nice you play on the piano,” he tells her with a weak smile. Nice is not even the word that comes close to describing the way she plays. He could’ve done better, for him the way she played left him speechless. Who knew his best friend was so talented, really, he wonders what other hidden talent that she has and he yet to know about them. “I hope we stay in touch, Alexis. I’m going to miss not seeing you every day.”

Alexis blushed at the compliment. She smiled as she stroked the keys. She only had her guitar with her in the common room which was probably why he did not know about this. "Not knowing I play the piano does not mean you are a bad friend. Silly you.", she teased with a laugh. She did not want to brag which was why she had just come to the arts room on their last year. Plus, the guitar was an easy entertainment for her since she could bring it anywhere. At Joshua's words, she playfully pouted her lips. "Awwww… Well, I'm making sure to write to you every time. I will miss you too especially when you go to Mexico. Mexico, right?", she vaguely remembered finding out that Josh would go to Mexico. Whether it was from Noelle or her best friend herself, she could not recall which was a shame for a person with a good memory like her. "You know where to find me should you miss me." It was an open knowledge to him, Noelle and Xavier that she would want to be an auror.

Joshua sighs, tapping at his sides again. “I feel as though there is a lot more that I don’t know about you. It may not make me a bad friend, but it makes me a horrible investigator. Did I tell you that’s what I want to do? Investigating journalism?” He told Simon. It was more like Simon helped him figure out what style of reporting he was hoping to evolve into after Hogwarts. Reporting for the Hogwarts Monthly was good practice, he was expecting to be above intermediate level at his last year at Hogwarts. It didn’t seem that way to him. “Yes, I’m staying in a city called Roma,” Joshua nods, smiling sadly. He was excited and obviously nervous about Mexico. It felt like a new beginning after an end to a chapter that was forever part of his life. Yes, he couldn’t wait to get away from Hogwarts, yet, he’ll miss Hogwarts in that same breath. He’ll miss Hogwarts and his best friend the most, without Alexis he really believes that he wouldn’t survive these many years. He is forever thankful for their friendship. “I do,” Joshua wraps his arm around Alexis, this time hugging his best friend first. He stayed like that for a while with her until his arm grew tired and he remembers there was stuff he needed to do before the school year ended. “I have to go, see you in the common room later?”

Alexis clapped at what Joshua said. "That's amazing, Josh. You can practice your skills on me.", she joked. She was glad he was branching out. Shy as he may seem, Joshua finally changed that. Quidditch captaincy, prect, and HM editor position definitely helped with that. She nodded at what he said about Mexico. "I'll visit Romania with Armin soon before I start my training. I hope we can still meet up before we get too busy." She snuggled into his hug, responding to it as if she would never get to hug him again. When she pulled back and he said he had to go, she stood up. "I'll walk out with you. I promised Xavier I will tell him how it goes. Put his mind to ease. But I'll wait for you in the common room. We still need to study." She picked up the roses and notes before they made to the door. They walked together until they parted ways, him to HM office and her to the north tower where her fiancee was waiting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back