Happy Birthday!

Kayden sighed as he thought of a way to explain the ceremonies. "Well have you ever heard things about Native Americans, like how they would do war dances and rain dances around the fire at night. Everyone dressed up and they chanted and sung, that kind of cermony," he said. He turned when Roze came to them, he turned a bright red and was unable to answer her as she heard had already his answer it was just a beliving it thing for her.

"Oh, we used to have one too, Back in Japan, there is this ceremony which culminates every firework display, it is some sort of a custom to honor the departed spirit of one's ancestor." Vayne replied, at least he have some thing in common with the boy.

"The way in which the dance is performed is different in each region, though the typical Bon dance as it is called, involves people lining up in a circle around a high wooden scaffold, the music are songs specifically pertinent to the spiritual message of Obon" He added, reminiscing at the times wherein he would watch a Bon Odori

"I played that song for my violin exam"Kate said it was a lovely song she had got a good mark on it too. She swayed slightly to the music she walked over to Vayne, Kadyen and Roze "Hi guys"she said she hadn't really talked to Kadyen much "What are ye talking about.?"Kate asked hoping she wasn't intruding

OOCOut of Character:
I did actually play that song for my Grade two exam.It's a lovely song

Amanda wiped her face with a napkin and threw away her plate and utensils. She realized by listening in to some of the other conversations that not everyone had celebrated their birthdays like she had. Hers was normally like Roze's, but it had been with her muggle friends. Amanda watched Willow offer her violin to Shiloh. Amanda swayed to the music. It sounded wonderful.

"Oh, I'm from a Native tribe, too," Roze said quickly when Kayden began turning red. "Except I'm from Colombia. So, I get what you mean about the ceremonies and those kinds of dances. They are very different. I guess our little village is just more Americanized than a lot of others. We like to mix the native culture with the modern ones. It makes for a very interesting time." She smiled and giggled a bit. She loved her little village and they're strange little culture mix. She often felt sick when thinking about it, but right now she was having a lot of fun, so being away from home didn't feel too bad.

"Hey, Kayden," She said as an idea popped up. "Do you want to learn to dance?" She smiled at him with an excited gleam in her eye.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back