OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
10 inch knotted rigid Ash with a Hippogryff feather core
Amaya wouldn't admit that she was at the dance hoping to see someone. At least, she wouldn't admit who she was looking for. She was surprised with herself, but she had never been much other than honest. And to be honest, she really liked Kace. He was younger than her but she couldn't help but be drawn in by his energy. It helped that he was cute in his own New York kinda way. She stood near the refreshments, sipping lightly on a drink and watching the students around her.

Adorah was trying to be more social this semester. She had spent a lot of time studying in the spring, which had truly paid off academically. However, seeing as she wasn't sure of the next time she would be going home, she figured developing relationships with other students would be beneficial. This meant attending yet another dance. She walked into the Great Hall hesistantly; love and relationships were not something she had ever experienced, but hopefully, there would be other students there by themselves. She walked up to a table to grab a drink and looked around the room at all the students dancing, some of them hidden behind curtains. She grimaced at the thought of what those students might be doing in private. As she was looking around, she noticed a girl in black who looked as if she was people watching, as well. She wondered why the girl would wear black when today was supposed to be a happy holiday. "I like your dress. It's a little anti-festive, don't you think?" she asked.

Amaya looked up as a younger looking girl spoke to her. "Thank you," She told her. "Being festive is usually something one does when they mean to celebrate." She sipped on her drink. "Considering the holiday, I have no valid reason to celebrate it." She replied honestly. She was usually busy with other things today anyway. Not that she'd say that. "I don't think I know you." She said instead. "What's your name?"

Adorah wasn't sure why the girl was being so negative about the holiday party. "Isn't the holiday just a day we can all celebrate loving one another?" she asked innocently. She also felt like there was nothing to celebrate, seeing as her family had ignored her since October. She smoothed out her dress and pulled her hair in front of her shoulders, a motion she did when her anxiety was beginning to set in. When the girl realized that Adorah was a stranger, she nodded and stuck out her hand. "No, we've never met. I'm Adorah," she said. "What's your name?" She wasn't sure if the girl was in her house, but honestly, she could barely keep track of the students within her year and house, let alone others.

Amaya considered what the girl had said. "Hm... well, I suppose there's a bit of truth in that." She smiled softly at the girl and shook her hand. "Amaya Michaels. Third Year Slytherin." She leaned back against a nearby wall and returned to people watching. "Are you waiting for anyone?" She asked casually. "I probably have a few cousins running around but I haven't bothered looking."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back