Happy Birthday Noah!

Bruin noticed the weird look and simply shook his head.

"Hey Styx...what's up?" He asked casually, realizing that despite having attended classes together for the past year that they hadn't really talked much. He hoped that Jaken didn't take offense to him using his last name. "Care for a butterbeer?" Bruin asked as he reached for one for himself off of a nearby table.

Cyndi saw Andy's expression and realized that her question must have hit a nerve. Cyndi added, "Good answer!" and hoped Andy wouldn't be upset with her before turning to Jaken who had just entered. "Hey Jaken, good to see you here" she replied and added in answer to his question" ...It's for Noah." She realized that perhaps none of them knew the birthday boy well and made a mental note to try and hang out with him sometime soon.

"Can you pass me one, Bruin?" Cyndi asked as she saw him grabbing a butterbeer.

"It would be my pleasure..." Bruin replied with a slight tip of his head. Cyndi was one of the coolest girls he had ever met and they had been through a lot together. He would carry a butterbeer across a vast desert for his fellow Gryffindor (even if he had never told her as much), so passing her one wasn't much of a stretch.

Jaken laughed a bit at Bruin, and shook his head, "Um, I would prefer Jaken. Styx is my dad." His smile told people that he was not mad or irritated. Jaken turned to Cyndi and nodded, still trying to pin point who Noah was, or what he looked like. "It's good to actually be back," he smiled at the Gryffindor girl. Jaken shook his head at the thought of a butterbeer. He wasn't the type to drink anything except water and tea. Despite of him being in Slytherin, he did not feel out of place when he hung out with other houses.

"So, Bruin, I assume you passed the Herbology OWL with that awesome green thumb of yours," Jaken smirked slightly, joking. He could not picture a boy like that to be messing around with plants much. Then again, no one would really picture Jaken being fascinated with the plants either.

"Sorry Jaken...I haven't had the pleasure of meeting your dad yet, so I didn't know." Bruin replied with a shrug. "Yeah, I picked up my OWL in Herbology...do you think I should continue on to NEWT level?" Bruin asked, more seriously than usual. He had enjoyed Professor Rambolt's classes and wasn't afraid of getting dirty, but had heard some odd whispers about Jaken's dad and wondered what Jaken might offer about the matter.

Cyndi giggled as Bruin tipped his head and handed her the butterbeer, "Thanks Bru." Cyndi listened as the boys began to talk about Herbology. She had managed to get an OWL too and wondered whether she should continue on. She looked toward Jaken, wondering what he could tell them about his dad's teaching style. "Are you going to go for your NEWT in Herbology?" she asked Jaken.

Jaken grinned, "Eh, don't worry about it." Jaken thought about it. He knew some of the things about the lesson plan, due to him asking and going through his office back at the manor. Jaken shrugged, "Uh, I doubt you would have any pleasure in meeting him. But, this year is supposed to be a little more interesting, so if you want to continue, then by all means. Just try not to get on his nerves. Terrible temper." Jaken knew firsthand of how mad Kalif could get. And with Jaken's mother being away at the moment, it doesn't really help Kalif's mood swings.

Jaken answered Cyndi with a grin, "I am taking it. But it is more for getting on his nerves than anything. Better me than anyone else."

Noah had been listening to a few conversations that were going on in the group of people. Realizing that two more boys had joined in the process, both Bruin, who Noah had met last year, and Jaken who seemed to be in all of Noah's classes. Nodding as both boys should up as to say hey. Though for the most part Noah remained silent. Really he had nothing to say right now.

Reaching over and grabbing a butterbeer off the table, Noah took a sip forgetting how long it had been since he had one of these, last year actually.

Harri had been standing rather awkardly as conversations filled around her, "I'm going to head off Nina," she whispered to her friend, "I have alot of work to do," she said rather feebily, "I've got to go Noah, Happy birthday mate," she said grinning as she began to head out of the Great Hall.

Andromeda began to feel like a fish out of water and was delighted that she didn't have the opportunity for having to liven anything up as other students came over and the conversation changed to Newts and OWLs. As these particular subjects didn't require her as such, she slowly slipped from the group with a faint smile in Nina's direction and mouthing the words 'sorry' to her.
She turned around to put her glass back on the table and smiled at Noah who seemed about as out of place as she did.
"Nice party huh? Are you enjoying it?" it was probably a very feeble thing to say but she was out of practise in the small talk area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back