Happy Birthday Noah!

Cyndi's grin grew wider as the birthday boy showed up at the table. She didn't know him extremely well, but they did share a few classes and she hoped to get to know him better now that she knew he was going to be here for a while. "Happy Birthday Noah!"Cyndi exclaimed as he arrived at his little party.

Cyndi waved to Harri as she arrived. She was happy to see someone else that she knew. When Alex arrived, Cyndi once again was surprised at the amount of transfer students that HNZ now had. "Hey Alex. I thought you were leaving?" she said curiously. Last year when she asked him whether he would be staying or not, she had gotten the impression that he was kind of eager to return to Scotland.

Abbey grinned at Emme and said, "I can't believe you're here either.. you've got to explain later k?" Abbey gave Emme a nervous grin then her smile grew bright when she saw Alex. Abbey walked over to him sheepishly, who was beside Noah and gave him a gentle hug and she said, "Hi Alex." When a older girl came up to him Abbey backed away leaving the two of them to speak then she looked at Emme and she said, "Em I can't believe you're here!"

Alex noticed a couple of other people who knew ffrom hogwarts there as well including Abbey who was wlaking up to him now. 'Hey Abbey.'he said smiling before asking her how she was. He saw Cyndi.'And so I did, rest assured. No need to worry. i didn't stay over and wreck the place. Or else I wouldn't of missed it so much'Alex said smiling, and joking at parts.

Noah stuck his tongue out childishly right back at Nina. Though he was still rather glad that Nina had done something like this for him. As Alex showed up, Noah couldn't imagine that he was here too. "Hey Alex" He said glad that two of his best friends from back home were here now, Asher was the only one that wasn't but Noah wasn't going to dwell on that.

"Wow I'm surprised people actually showed up. I guess more people love me than I realized" Noah joked.

Bruin entered the Great Hall a little later than he had anticipated, having fallen asleep accidentally and then forgetting where he was supposed to be when he had awoken in the middle of the afternoon in his dorm room. He shuffled into the midst of the party, recognizing a few faces from Gryffindor and the guest of honour from most of his classes, although he and Noah hadn't really talked all that much.

In truth, Bruin was attending partially because he knew that Nina and Sakura had been friends and he hoped that she might put in a few good words about him whenever she might be writing to her. Bruin walked over to Nina. "Hi Nina, sorry I'm late...must have fallen asleep trying to read over some notes..." He said sheepishly.

Nina frowned when she saw Alex and she sighed gently and decided she would just not talk to him for the rest of the time they were here. Nina gave Bruin a bright smile and said, "Hi Bruin, it's no problem, I'm glad you could make it..." Nina beamed at him, then asked nicely, "How was your summer?"

Bruin returned Nina's bright smile. "Great actually...nice and relaxing, just the way it should be. How about yours? Decided that you couldn't bear to attend school anywhere else?" Bruin replied, realizing that he didn't really know why so many of the HS students had opted to transer.

"Did you go back home or to a friends?" Nina asked trying to make conversation with him, as Noah seemed quite quiet. "Quite the opposite of yours actually," Nina stated with a shrug then she smiled and said, "I decided that I need to find out your method of cheating, and I don't think I could live with out Noah." Nina giggled at how dramatic she had ended up being then smiled at Bruin.

"Just at home with the parental units and my dog, nothing too special...aside from the odd letter I didn't really keep in touch with anybody...the break was kind of nice actually." Bruin replied, hoping that this didn't sound snobbish or that he didn't like the people he went to school with, but he was beginning to embrace some of that Arithmancy stuff that had said he didn't mind being alone.

"Ahhhh yes, the art of cheating...I forgot that I'd told you about the secret to my success." He said with a mischievious smile. "I suppose I'll have to figure out if you are worthy of learning such secrets..." He added, raising an eyebrow in the process.

Nina smiled and said gently, "That does sound nice." Nina couldn't help but wish that she had the easy going life Bruin seemed to have, with everything with her Grandma and her parents she really needed to have something easy going in her life, Alex had been that for her, but she was not speaking to him anymore, he had hurt her too much in his dorm room, she felt like a big fool, she didn't like that at all.

Nina grinned and said playfully, "Oh trust me love, I'm worthy." Nina gave Bruin a mischievous grin then she said, "I'll just have to decide if your methods are as good as mine are." Nina stuck her tongue between her teeth and bit down on it to show that she was only joking.

Did she just call me love??? Bruin couldn't help, but blush a little. He liked the different accents and expressions that the students at the school used, but often didn't know how to react to some of them. "Well, I suppose comparing notes some time wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, although I must say that my techniques have already proven themselves at the OWL level of study...can you honestly say the same for yours?" He said with a smirk.

Nina raised her eye brow slightly as she saw Bruin's cheeks flush ever so slightly but he decided that she wouldn't mention it, it was easier that way, and she didn't risk the chance of blushing either, she didn't like Bruin like that but come on.. it's Bruin! Nina stuck her tongue out at him and said, "No, not yet...but how do you think I succeeded an O level with everything happening last year?" Nina grinned lightly at this, she was proud that even with all the stress she had she had kept her marks up.

Alex smiled before rolling his eyes at Noah's comment. 'You wish. It was all Nina's doing trust me'Alex joked completely. He saw Bruin and realized he wasn't the only one who had got distracted by books. He smiled and listened in to their conversation about cheating.

"I suppose your methods must be alright to manage that, although I figure the profs probably took it easy on the Champions!" Bruin teased. "I mean seriously, how bad would they have looked for failing one of the chosen ones?" Bruin wasn't at all serious and hoped that Nina didn't take offense, but he still wished that he had been given the opportunity to take on the best that Hogwarts Scotland and Durmstrang put forward. Perhaps he'd set up a little tournament of his own this year?

Nina rolled her eyes slightly and she said, "I wish, I actually think they went harder on us then the others, because we were the chosen ones as you little people call it." Nina giggled as she teased Bruin back then she rolled her eyes slightly, still ignoring Alex completely. "Nah I'm just kidding of course, it wasn't too hard, I didn't like Professor Mantiea(sp?) though, creeped me right out," Nina said as she rolled her eyes, feeling a bit thankful that she was not taking that class this year.

Andromeda was amazed at the turnout in the end, it was nice that a few more Hogwarts New Zealand students had shown up to help Noah celebrate his birthday. Though the birthday boy himself seemed shocked and surprised by it all. Obviously Nina had meant it as such, she smiled over at the older girl realising that throwing a surprise party for a good friend was something she would have done the year before. She smiled at Cyndi and some of the others, making a show of mingling but always just staying on the outskirts.

Bruin glared down at Nina with a friendly scowl, he was definitely not one that anybody at the school could refer to as little, not in stature or profile anyway. "Awww, that's so cute...you got scared away by Mean-teia, eh? He ain't so bad really, just a little stricter than the rest... I've heard that Styx is mcuh creepier, but haven't had Herbology with him yet?"

Bruin noticed Andy and felt a twinge of regret for not having spoken with her properly yet. It seemed like there were always so many people around whenever he saw her and he felt bad for having not having made a more concerted effort to find out how she was settling back in.

Nina raised her eye brows when Bruin glared at her, though knowing full well that he was joking and she teased back, "Is wittle Bruin scared of mean ol' Styx?" Nina shrugged her shoulders and said, "Actually I've made it my goal to make him crack a smile, it's a bit hard but I'm sure I can do it." Nina smiled at Bruin then followed his glance over to Andy and she gave her a gentle smile and she nodded her head for her to come join them, she hadn't spoken to her since they met last year and didn't really get a good conversation in with her either.

Andromeda had been simply looking about observing all and not doing alot of talking. Completely out of her normal persona but she didn't mind, it could be another while yet before she truly felt comfortable in a crowd situation. As she took a sip of her drink she noticed first Bruin looking her way and then Nina. After Nina signalled for her to come join them, Andromeda hesitantly at first complied.
"Nice party, hey Bruin" she smiled as she reached them, "Noah is lucky to have you throw it for him."
Normally she would have blabbed on and on but now she just stopped almost mid flow, took another sip of her drink and allowed the slightly uncomfortable silence to reign without attempting to alter it.

Cyndi had remained quiet for a while after asking Alex about remaining at HNZ. She listened to the conversation between Bruin and Nina, smiling as they spoke about Professor Manteia's strictness and the new Herbology professor, who was also Jaken's dad.

She turned to Andy who wasn't really talking to anyone at the moment and asked "How are you enjoying being back? Which professors are better, here or at the other school?"

Bruin looked at Nina and shook his head. "Nina...Nina...Nina...Professors don't scare me...work scares me... I'm sure that I can get along with some plants long enough to pull off a NEWT in Herbology, especially with this incredibly large green thumb of mine..." He joked as Andy and Cyndi arrived.

"Hey yourself Andy...I was wondering when you were going to make your way over and give us a chance to catch up!" He said with a wide smile. Bruin heard Cyndi's question about professors and waited to hear what Andy's reply would be, but seeing as she had returned to HNZ he figured he already knew her answer.

Turning to smile at her room-mate, the smile nearly froze on her face when asked which professors she preferred. Pulling herself together as quickly as she could Andromeda shrugged as if the question hadn't phased her at all.
"No contest, here of course" she sipped her drink again before smiling at Bruin, hoping he wasn't going to ask any awkward questions.
"Plenty of time to catch up, this is a party. Should be having fun, right?" she hoped this would deter any more questions about the other school.

"Yeah, I suppose so..." Bruin said with a curious expression on his face. "Got any suggestions on to how to liven it up a little?"

"You've got a green thumb as well?" Nina asked excitedly, she hadn't caught that Bruin was joking in her excitement, she loved Herbology, Potions and Transfiguration they had been her best classes since her first year. Nina gave Andy a bright smile when she came over, then said, "It's nothing really."

Nina gave Cyndi a light smile when she came over then she eyed Andy curiously and she asked, "You moved?" Nina hadn't heard about this at all then she shrugged it off and she said, "Yeah we should, not much of a planner am I?" Nina shrugged her shoulders as she thought, It's not like I know any of these people accept Noah and Alex, it doesn't matter much does it?

Jaken had received an invitation to go to some party, whom he had no idea who on earth it was. Jaken entered the Great Hall, finding himself rather late. Jaken first saw Cyndi, and then Bruin. He approached them, and he greeted with the casual 'hey'. Jaken turned to Cyndi, the one he knew longer than the others, "Um, Cyndi, who is this party for?" Jaken had a sheepish smile on his face.

Jaken folded his arms across his chest, noticing that this was a seventeenth birthday, and could only recall that one in Divination with him. Jaken shrugged to himself, still confused. He gave Bruin a weird look once a younger girl said something about him having a green thumb.

((Dude, I completely forgot about the invite. >.< ))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back