Gryffindor Practice II

Kat stirred a little bit, but very confused she looked and saw Hilary and said, "Did I catch it?" The back of her head was throbbing and felt very dizzy.

Hilary looked down thankful to see that Kat was stirring. "Well the first one you caught but the second hit the ground just after you did." Hilary was slightly disappointed that she couldn't tell Kat she had caught it, but she had always believed in being truthful. "So Kat just stay still for now, we don't want you to make it worse just in case something is broken, where does it hurt." She then realized that Grande was there. "Go get one of the nurses or Headmistress Barker Grande, we've got to get her up to the hospital wing."

"I fell?" asked Kat as she started crying. "I guess now I really am the clumsy first year who fell of her broom." she said trying to calm herself down, but this just made her cry even harder. Kat looked at Hilary and said "My head is throbbing and my back hurts really bad." and then she looked at Bruin and said still sobbing, "Sorry for ruining practice."

Hilary lowered her tone hoping Grande, or someone atleast had gone to get Professor Barker or a nurse. She knealed up beside Kat, "It's okay just stay still, we'll get you out of here into the hospital, just stay calm."

Bruin watched in horror as Kat tumbled from her broom and landed awkwardly. Some of the others managed to make it to her quicker than he did as they were on their brooms and he had to run across the pitch. He was glad to see that she was speaking when he arrived and surprised to hear her apologizing for ruining the practice as that was the least of his worries. Bruin was pleased to see that no one had tried to move her yet, particularly as he was worried about a possible spinal or head injury with the way she had landed.

"It's alright Kat. Don't worry about it...but I would like it if you just laid still for a second. I don't want to move you if your back is sore. I'd rather let one of the hospital staff decide whether you can be moved or not." Bruin noticed that Grande appeared to be headed to the hospital wing already, so he simply sat down on the grass beside Kat and encouraged the rest of the team to do the same.

"Alright, well since we have a minute. Anybody have any thoughts about what they'd like to see us work on at our next practice?"

"How about trying to get the clumsy first year NOT to fall off her broom?" said Kat with a weak smile. "I really am sorry about this, I guess I was trying to show off a bit and over pushed it. I'm such a idiot." she said now crying and flinching in pain.

"Shhhhh" Said Hilary is a compassionate caring way. "It could have happened to any of us I'm sure, and I'm glad that you tried. If I ever had to leave the team you'd make a good fill in seeker." Hilary said this with confidence though she wasn't planning on leaving the team any time soon. She then went to answer Bruin's question: "Well I think that we should work on some set plays and teamwork." she said with a smile.

( I will be available for the next match. Any time after 9 pm ( USA time). Please let me know of the timing. )

Mark hovered over the pitch, he was trying to keep his concentration in the game. Mark however gave up the search for the ball as he saw the accident and thought it was more hilarious than horrible. Though Mark left sorry for Katalina he thought her trial to catch the ball was spectacular.

Points used: 000
Points remaining: 220

(I'd like to wrap up this practice and get a good feel for who will be available for our game next weekend against Hufflepuff. I've heard from a few people, but I will be sending out a confirmation PM to each and everyone on the team so please respond or I will assume that you no longer wish to be part of the team which would not be good :(

The team for next week so far.

Seeker - Hilary is a doubtful/hopeful, probably the later in the evening the better her chances
Keeper -
Chaser - Mark if game starts after 9 PM (not sure what USA time is, Eastern, mountain, pacific, etc.)
Chaser -
Chaser -
Beater - Bruin
Beater -

Kat, how would you like us to deal with your injury? Do you want me to PM someone from the Hospital Wing and have them come down? Do you want to be stubborn and sit up and then we can walk you up? Do you want to just pretend it never happened? Sorry, I'm just a little unsure as to how we are going to proceed from here and don't want to make assumptions about what you want to do with your character.)

(Another note...not to appear like Big Brother or anything, but I noticed that Professor Rambolt posted her herbology marks and that Gryffindor is hardly doing any of her lessons. Grande, Katalina and Sam, did you know that you were supposed to be taking her course this semester?)

Bruin Dumbledez said:
(Another note...not to appear like Big Brother or anything, but I noticed that Professor Rambolt posted her herbology marks and that Gryffindor is hardly doing any of her lessons.  Grande, Katalina and Sam, did you know that you were supposed to be taking her course this semester?)
((I have posted quite a few in the make up section and have done the last 2 lessons in there, i'm not sure if she has graded my make up work yet or not; oh and i'm going to be stubborn and get up and walk b/c i doubt i've had any permanent injuries ;-) ))

Kat looked at Hilary and Bruin and said, "I think i'm going to be fine. I would really like if I could sit up for a minute." She slowly sat up, knowing that she was probably going to be berated for it by Hilary, but she didn't feel like being made a spectacle of and hated people staring at her.

After sitting up for a minute, Kat thought that she may be able to walk to the hospital wing with some help. She didn't want people to make a fuss because she was already embarrassed enough from having ruined their practice. She looked at Hilary and said, "I think I can walk to the hosptial wing if someone walks with me."

(that's cool, you didn't strike me as a slacker :lol: )

Bruin noticed that Kat had suddenly sat up and realized that she would likely be fine, although he was glad to see that she had the common sense to make her way up to the hospital wing for a proper assessment of her injuries just in case.

"Alright everybody, practice is over for today. I'll be dropping off a basic playbook for you in the next few days to get a system in place for games. I'd like to have one last little tune up later in the week before our game against Hufflepuff. Any questions?" Bruin asked as he began to pack up his things, hoping that they would have enough healthy bodies to field a team next weekend.

Bruin Dumbledez said:
(that's cool, you didn't strike me as a slacker :lol: )

Bruin noticed that Kat had suddenly sat up and realized that she would likely be fine, although he was glad to see that she had the common sense to make her way up to the hospital wing for a proper assessment of her injuries just in case.

"Alright everybody, practice is over for today. I'll be dropping off a basic playbook for you in the next few days to get a system in place for games. I'd like to have one last little tune up later in the week before our game against Hufflepuff. Any questions?" Bruin asked as he began to pack up his things, hoping that they would have enough healthy bodies to field a team next weekend.
((no, slacker is definitely not one of my traits :p ! and actually grande started a thread in the hospital wing for me so i just added under there))

Hilary walked up from the quidditch pitch with Katalina making sure she didn't fall or anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back