Gryffindor Practice II

"Nice catch Kiera! Now throw it back to me." Bruin yelled, pleased to see that Kat hadn't been tentative and made a good attempt at it, although somewhat surprised that Hilary hadn't even moved, thinking that this was right up her alley. Maybe she's just giving everyone a chance, she is a really great teammate afterall, he thought to himself.

Bruin noticed that Katie had joined in and reached into his knap sack and grabbed out another ball. Quickly striking this one a little farther than the first. He decided that he would keep adding balls to the game periodically to speed it up and see what kind of chaos might ensue. The players would need to get used to the idea of lots of bodies flying in different directions and lots of objects zooming around them as they flew if they were going to be good in games.

With a little smirk on his face, Bruin waited until the majority of the players turned their attention to the ball he had just struck before grabbing a third and knocking it high into the air above them. This had the potential for a lot of fun.

Hilary had been ready for the next ball watching Bruin with great intent. I can't let this bother me, after all there will always be more games.. She saw it be realeased and flew right after it rolling and leaning in to catch it turning her eyes back on Bruin. He had a smirk and there was another loose ball that noone had caught yet. She saw it was heading right for a teammate who was still looking intently for the other ball. Can't let them beat me at my own game she thought as she flew underneath and up to intercept the ball. "Head's UP!" she called to Bruin as she chucked both balls back towards him.

((Let me know if I wasn't supposed to catch both :p And sorry bought the Godmod...I didn't use any names after all :p ))

(I think we can let it go this time Hilary :p , but I think that might come under the new rule category of "nobody is that fast". Speaking of new rules, for those of you who are unaware a new set of rules has been posted. Please read them over and let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. The professors and headmistress are looking for feedback on how to improve the situation.

The Updated Quidditch Instructions and Rules

In addition, Hufflepuff had to default last night and as a result of poor turnouts for games we are ALL being asked to do a better job at communicating regarding our availability for games. Our next game is on February 16th and we will need to negotiate a good time for the game to start at least 2 days in advance with Hufflepuff.

I would like everyone to let me know by PM if they know one way or another (1) whether they will be able to play on that date and (2) if so, what times they are available. I would appreciate you letting me know by next Saturday at the latest (Feb 9th). If something comes up and you won't be able to make it, please PM me just so we don't look like disorganized idiots again. Sorry, I know that you all had good reasons, but that's how I felt and I'm sure Mark and Hilary had better things to do as well.

With respect to MY decision to offer to give up our win and declare our first game a double forfeit tie. I honestly believe that it was the right thing to do in both RL and for the site in general. My apologies for not consulting with you, particularly Hilary and Mark who deserved to be asked about it, but hindsight is 20-20 and I will live by the decision I made and offer my apology for how I reached it.

Alright, back to the game.)

Bruin caught the ball that Kiera tossed back to him (sorry for the god mod, but I needed something to hit) and admired Hilary's fancy flying and concentration as she managed to snag both balls. "Way to go Hilary!", he yelled as he wung his Beater's Bat and drilled the next ball deep and to the right, pretty much as far away from Hilary as he could manage in order to give the others a fighting chance.

((its okay Bruin! :) ))

Kiera saw the ball zoom over her head. She turned her broom sharply and quickly as she chased the ball. She accelerated to the fastest speed she could. She outstreached her arms and caught the ball as she would a football. She grinned and tossed the ball back to Bruin.

((:)P Those were done the day I posted that....I had no chance to read those... it's not like I lurk the Quidditch rules :p And thanks. I've already fielded my question to your inbox regarding the anon rule.

I can tell you all right now that I will most likely not be on February the 16th seeing as I will be chaperonning a youth trip "comming home Saturday night" ((this means it could be 8 or it could be 4 AM Sunday.... :p)))

And just for the record I probably would have been HNZing anyways last game night... not meaning that I didn't care/scream when I read the game had been forfeited but whatever :D I forgive you and Hilary will get over it... :p ))))

Hilary saw the ball get chucked way away from her giving her teammates a chance to catch it, which Kiera did. Hilary just waited for the next one to be thrown, not even trying for the catch.

(((Sorry iv been off for a while,schools just begun for me first week hassle and stuff,very sorry about missing that game aswell)))

Sam had kicked off after the rest and immediately got an area and waited for Bruins ball. After the first scuffle over his first hit that Keira had caught he flew back to his area intent on getting the next one.

"Great catch Kiera!" Kat shouted as Kiera caught the ball. Kat flew around and found an empty spot and waited for Bruin to hit the next one, Okay Kat show 'em what you've got she thought to herself.

Bruin quickly retrieved the balls that had now been tossed back to him and tossed one up in the air beside him. He reared back and swung his beater's bat, striking the ball right on the button and launching a hard line drive right into the midst of the group. Whoever caught this ball would probably have a stinging sensation in their palm after catching it, provided of course that it didn't hit them elsewhere first.

As everyone scrambled Kat saw the ball and unfortunately it was soaring straight at her at a very fast speed. She ducked and it barely missed her head by about an inch. After she regained her composure she flew after the ball and once she had gotten a bit ahead of it she turned, stuck out her hand and caught it. It hurt like fire when she caught it, but she refused to drop it even though her hand was throbbing. She tossed the ball back to Bruin and said to him jokingly with a laugh, "Were you trying to see if you could knock the clumsy first year off her broom!" I caught the ball, it hurt like hell, but I caught it! she thought to herself with a smile.

Score:100pts

Bruin smiled at Kat, he liked her sense of humour and admired her guts. "Pretty much, no sense in having anyone on the team who is afraid of falling.", he said with a laugh. Bruin knocked another ball high in the air and deep to the left this time. He waited a few seconds and then drilled a second ball straight up, wondering who might catch the two balls.

Hilary was watching Bruin planning on heading to the left but then saw one going straight up. She flew quickly upwards and then almost hit her head. She grabbed it in her hands using her seeker reflexes. She looked to see who caught the other and then tossed her ball back to Bruin. "Nice one :D" she said with a smile.

Kat laughed at Bruin and said, "It's not falling i'm afraid of it's hitting the ground below that bothers me a bit!" Kat saw Bruin hit two more balls into the air and saw Hilary catch the first ball and started looking around to see where the second one had gone to. When she saw where it was she leaned forward on her broom a bit to pick up some speed and got right up under it and caught it as it was flying back towards the earth. She tossed it back to Bruin and looked at Hilary and said, "Nice catch Hilary! You can definitely tell you're a seeker!"

"Thanks Kat" Hilary said with a smile "I try..." Then she turned to Bruin waiting for another ball to be hit.

Bruin laughed at Kat's comment and then promptly smacked another ball into the air. He was glad to see that they were enjoying the game, but knew that it was drawing to a close and they would be looking for a new activity. He counted to 10 in his head and then launched a second ball into the air, followed closely thereafter by a third, wondering what chaos might ensue.

((Seing as I didn't gain points in my last post I'm asuming I can post this...let me know if I can't))

Hilary was ready for Bruin's pattern this time wait for the second ball, it's less likely someone will be chassing it. Though she realized in her position beating others too catch a ball was basically the only thing she did, but she relized that this was a different game with different tactics. Hilary swerved around everyone trying to get to the first ball waiting for a second, and of course she wasn't dissapointed. She flew up totally ready to intercept the second, which she did. While tossing it back to Bruin she called in her best yoda impression "Predictable you be getting" followed by a huge smile.

Kat flew after the first one, but missed it. "Damn," she mumbled under her breath and then turned in time to see that Bruin had hit two more balls. Kat flew after one of them and saw that Hilary had caught the other one. She sped up a bit and leaned forward to catch the ball, this ones mine she thought to herself with a grin and leaned forward a bit more, but she must have leaned too far and as she did she did a sort of somersault over the front of her broom handle and fell straight to the ground hitting her head with a sickening THUD!! and then everything went black.

Hilary saw Katalina fall off her broom and quickly abandonning the game flew down to her rescue. Growing up as basically a muggle she knew to check for breathing, which she did. She could feel breath Well atleast this isn't a cardiac arrest she thought. ((As yes she thinks in big words :p)). "Guys, we need to get her up to the hospital wing looks like she's fainted!" Hilary said loudly but not scared... panicking had never donw anyone any good.

Hilary Grace said:
Hilary saw Katalina fall off her broom and quickly abandonning the game flew down to her rescue. Growing up as basically a muggle she knew to check for breathing, which she did. She could feel breath Well atleast this isn't a cardiac arrest she thought. ((As yes she thinks in big words :p)). "Guys, we need to get her up to the hospital wing looks like she's fainted!" Hilary said loudly but not scared... panicking had never donw anyone any good.
((ooc:AAHHH no medical terms please, my brain is fried, lol, at least you didn't stand up and say "CODE BLUE QUIDDITCH PITCH, CODE BLUE ON THE QUIDDITCH PITCH" =)) ))

((i leaned over too far on my broom trying to catch the ball and being typical clumsy me, fell, is that what you mean?))

((Thanks))
Hilary did not notice what the others were doing. She assumed they would come down but really it had only been a few seconds since Kat had fallen. Hilary continued her breathing and response checks knowing she wouldn't be able to carry her alone...

Grande had just been flying around trying to catch the balls but his team mates were all much quicker than him. He was flying towards the ball that Kat was flying to, too and saw her fall. He flew down and got of his broom and went over to were Kat was. Hilary was already there so he asked her "Whats wrong with her?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back