Gryffindor Practice II

Bruin Dumbledez

Wand
Ebony Wand 15" - Dragon's Heartstring Core
Bruin strolled out onto the pitch, hoping that the team would have a good turnout and that they could sort out some of the communication problems that surfaced in their first game. He threw his gym bag down on the soft turf, leaned back against, closed his eyes, and became lost in his thoughts, some simple and others profoundly complex.

Grande walked shyly on to the pitch. He had been asked by Bruin to be a supply chaser just in case others didnt make it. He saw that the only one on the pitch was Bruin. Grande walked over and put his stuff down next to Bruins. He walked over to him "Hi, Bruin are the rest of the team coming?" he asked

Bruin opened his eyes and saw Grande had arrived. "They better be..." Bruin said sounding slightly upset, but then quickly smiled. "Just joking, I'm sure that they'll be along soon. Thanks for coming out Grande. I'm really excited about the idea of having a few more players who are ready to play." Bruin realized that he hadn't really spoken at length with Grande yet and wondered how he was enjoying school. "So, how's your year going so far?"

Hilary for once wandered onto the pitch later. She had forgotten her broom in her dorm and had to run up to put it in her bag. She loungly put her bag over one shoulder and walked over to the group assembled. "Wow guys, we've already GOT a better turnout than we had last night." She said this half jokingly and turned to Bruin giving him a joking salute. "So Captain B. what are we up to today?"

Sam strode onto the pitch with his broom slung over his shoulder and feeling very dissapointed in himself. He made his way towards the others and readied himself for evil stares that might have followed. He stopped near Bruin and tried to speak but only made a grunting sound when his mouth opened. Instead Sam waitd for what was about to follow, whether it was his expulsion or punishment he had already decided his fate.

Mark walked to the Quidditch pitch carrying his broom and wearing his quidditch gear. He walked cooly and came to a halt infront of the team members. Mark saw a few players were there but was surprised to see Grande. ' Hi guys what are we doing today. ' He asked everyone and turned to Grande and said, ' Hello Grande I are you on the team buddy? '

Grande watched dfferent team members arrive. He saw his roommate arrive and then Mark. He went over to Mark and began to talk to him "Hello Mark, yeah i am but i am a supply chaser incase in the next match someone cant make it i will stand in for them. So what do you think we will be doing today?" He said

(sorry all, I'm having internet problems and won't be on much until my provider fixes them. Feel free to RP without me, pretend I nodded off if you like...whatever... and Sam, nobody is being kicked off the team... at least not yet :o Take care all)

Kat hurried up and ran down to the quidditch pitch and saw several other people already there. A few she noticed, but others she didn't. She walked up to Kiera and said "Hey Kiera! Am I late?"

Bruin was a little overwhelmed by the sudden arrival of the Gryffindors, but very happpy to see them. "Alright everyone, in case you haven't noticed, we have a few new bodies. I was hoping right from the start that we would have a few extra players because it will give us some flexibility if anybody gets hurt or can't play for whatever reason. Even better, it should ensure that we have a really strong team for the next few years as well." Bruin said with a smile.

"It seems like most of you have met, so we don't have to spend too much time on the pleasantries, but I do want to let you know how excited I am to be captain of this team and that I am looking forward to working with you to get better as a team. Sorry if I haven't been good enough at communicating what's going on up until now. I'm going to try and do better in that area. In return, I'd like you all to keep me updated on how you are feeling about the team, your role, and that kind of stuff. Good communication is vital if we are going to have a good season."

Bruin paused a little, wondering what the response would be to what he was about to say. "And speaking of good communication, I want to let you all know before you hear it from someone else. I've asked Headmistress Barker and Professor Manteia to change the result of our game the other night. I don't think it was fair the way the game went, and no offense to anyone who played their hearts out of those who couldn't make it, but if we are going to win, I want it to be as a full team. I've requested that they call it a double-forfeit and give us a tie. I think we just have to see if Ravenclaw is okay with it. Any questions or concerns about that or anything else before we get started?"

Kiera grinned at Kat. "NO not at all your right on time!" she said nicely. Bruin began to talk and Kiera listened carefully. She smiled and shook her head no when Bruin asked if there were any concerns.

Katalina was glad that she wasn't late and had butterflies in her stomach, don't screw this up Kat, you can do this she thought nervously to herself. She listened intently as Bruin talked and couldn't wait to see what was going to go on today.

Hilary was slightly disappointed at Bruin's announcement. It wasn't just that she had thrown herself into that match knowing that she had been their only hope really of winning the game but it was also that she had been vying for that Quidditch cup and if this was called a forfeit then as long as Slytherin and Hufflepuff played their games they would have an extra one to both Gryffindor and Ravenclaw. Hilary understood where Bruin was comming from but to have something you threw yourself that much into with both practice and pure drive basically taken from under your nose...it wasn't a good feeling. Hilary just stood there trying to keep her face neutral in support of Bruin's decision, but still battling with her feelings inside.

SHe neither shook nor nodded her head or even said anything in fear that she would start crying, because that would just make the whole issue worse.

Grande listened to Bruin speak. He argeed with most of his points. He shook his head when Bruin asked if there were any questions. He began to wonder what they were going to do today.

Bruin looked around and got the general impression that the team were anxious to get started. "Alright, today we are going to start off with a little reaction and catching drill. Back home we call this game 500 and we play it to practice for the muggle sport of baseball."

Bruin picked up his Beater's Bat and retrieved an Indian Rubber Ball out of his knap sack. "What I'd like you all to do is mount up, spread out, and hover over the pitch looking at me. When you're ready, I'm going to hit the ball and whoever catches it in the air gets 100 points, if it bounces you get 50, if you try and catch it and drop it....well, you lose 100 points. First player to 500 is the winner. Any questions? If not, get yourself in the air!" Bruin said with a smile, hoping the team would enjoy a little variety.

Oh bloody stinkweeds, leave it to me to have muggle cousins who i'm very close with, but know nothing of muggle sports thought Kat. Just do it and hope you don't drop the ball. Kat got on her broom and soared up into the sky and waited for Bruin to start. Please don't hit it at me first, PLEASE don't hit it at me first thought Kat nervously.

Bruin waited a few moments for everyone else to get up into the air on their brooms. He waited until all of their eyes were on them and then tossed the ball up in the air and knocked it skyward. The ball traveled in a high, lazy arc over the middle of the pitch and Bruin watched to see the inevitable scramble that would follow, wondering who would reach the ball first.

One of the reasons that he selected this game was to see the competitive nature of his team and how they handled themselves in traffic. He'd be making mental notes throughout the game.

Everyone immediately flew towards the ball. Kat was almost knocked off her broom twice. She dove for the ball, but missed it by inches and swore loudly, "Damn!" she said as she went very red in the face. Way to make a big idiot out of yourself.

Kiera rose into the air and watched Bru throw the ball. She kept a close eye on it. It seemed to be heading straight towards her. KIera spurred her broom forward and raced to the ball. She caught it. All those years of football actually paid off! "Heck Yes!" she said with a bright smile.

((( Sorry guys I couldn't be here for 2 days, I had an important soccer match. Sorry once again. )))

Mark mounted his broom and kicked hard on the ground. Once he was in the air Mark stayed afloat in the air and watched Kiera catch the first ball. He did not try to catch the first ball as Mark did not notice it first.

Points used: 00
Points remaining: 220

Hilary had been so focused on trying not too cry that she had been oblivious to what was going on. She must have gotten onto her broom sand flow up to a hover but she couldn't remember doing it. She kept just floating there watching Kiera catch the ball. Hmmm....this could be a good practice for seekering.. she thought as she got her head onto the game.

Grande got up of the gound and floated in the air. He saw Katie run on to the pitch and fly over to him.She whispered in his ear and he whispered back "Well we are playing a game called 500 and all you have to do is cach the ball before everyone else. If you do you get a 100 points. If it bounces before ou catch it, thats only 50 but if you miss it you lose 100 points. First to 500 wins. I think thats right." Grande turned back to the game and saw Kiera catch the ball.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back