Gryffindor First Year Try-Outs

[[Thanks Hilary :D ]]

Cyndi watched as one of the girls whose name she thought was Hollie hit the tennis ball through a hoop. "Great job!" Cyndi yelled up to her. "Accio tennis ball" Cyndi said loudly and the ball soared back into her outstretched hand. "Locomotor Tennis ball" Cyndi said again as she sent the ball back into the mix.

((I think she means the bludger ball :) ))

((refer to Hilarys post on the page before this,, yes ut us Bludger Ball))

(Sorry that this has been so confusing everyone. I should have known better to introduce earning points for hitting the bludger while also having to think about subtracting Quidditch Points using the game play rules. You've done great trying to keep track!)

Bruin figured that the Cubs had all suffered enough and it was getting a little cold. It was his intention to get a good sense of who amongst the first years was interested and capable and the ones who had shown up had demonstrated more than he could have hoped for. The Pride was going to be stronger than ever and Bruin would have no reservations using any of the people on the pitch in a game situation.

Bruin pointed his wand at his throat and uttered Sonorus! before bellowing out in his magically amplified voice.

"Alright everyone, bring it in...the try-outs are over and the Butterbeers are on me!" Bruin said with a smile and began packing up the equipment after casting Quietus! to return his voice to normal.

Steph sighed a sigh of relief when she heard Bruin.
She dipped down to the ground, and landed softly on the grass, Steph walked over to Bruin and stood waiting for someone to tell them what was going to happen next.

"Nice job Steph. You did great up there." Bruin said with a friendly grin. So, do you think you have time for a Butterbeer at The Three Broomsticks or do you have studying to do?"

Bruin knew that everyone was busy preparing for exams, but he also knew that life was about balance and a little bit of relaxation every now and then was good for focusing the brain.

'Thanks! Im up for Butterbeer.' Steph told him truthfully, she had been so busy revising, she needed something else to think about.

When Bruin announced that practice was over Kat packed up her things and contemplated whether or not she would have time for a butterbeer. She did have a bit more revision to do for exams, but surely a quick get together with her old and future teammates wouldn't hurt anything. Kat walked over to where everyone else was and said, "You guys did awesome! Can't wait to play alongside you! I'm up for a butterbeer too! Especially if Bruin's buying!"

Hilary had caught her Bludger Ball and landed beside Kat. "I'm always up for a Butterbeer if Bruin's buying." Hilary replied to her friends comment. It was important to show the cubs that even though they may be competing on the pitch, afterwards they were all friends. "This has always been my favourite part of Quidditch" she said only a little sarcastically as she started to pack up.

Cyndi watched Bruin call everyone in and invite them all for butterbeers. "I'm in!" Cyndi said as she helped everyone pack up. "You guys did really great today" she told a first year who was beside her. Cyndi would have to work on getting their names straight.

"Im in aswell," Mike said, "I wouldnt miss out on a freebie" he added, grinning.

[[are we like starting a thread in the The Three Broomsticks or shall we just wait til' Bruins on?]]

Hollie breathed a sigh of relief as she flew back down to the ground. Her hands were freezing!
She handed the broom back to Mike for the second time, murmuring her thanks. She smiled at Bruin and Hilary.
"yeh, Ok, I'm in!" she laughed, and followed the group. She could almost remember everyone's name's now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back