Kris
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bi (Chloë)
Plot ID#99156
Sully never thought he'd end up in the library voluntarily, no homework assignment or anything even to push him there, but Ever since he and Lysander had started throwing ideas around about using a chameleon comb on someone's eyebrows, Sully hadn't stopped trying to think of ways to get the prank idea to work. They'd agreed you'd need lengthen the eyebrows first, to really have an affect, but Sully didn't think he knew a spell that would work on eyebrows and not just hair.

He'd pulled aside a few books on charms, trying to ignore the Librarian's own raised eyebrows when he'd asked for ones that specifically covered hair growth and was poking through them looking for some inspiration while he waited for Lysander. As fun as the project was, he wasn't about to do all this work on his own for free.

Last edited:
Lysander was far from the sit-down-and-study type, but he was incredibly excited by his talks with Sully about eyebrow-lengthening charms. It was a fun idea. He enjoyed hexes and jinxes for how hilarious and annoying they could be, and a spell like that was something he'd definitely want in his arsenal, especially with how much he'd enjoyed duelling. He wandered through the libraries shelves, completely missing the other Gryffindor at first. He didn't totally know his way around the library, often avoiding it unless he'd had to go there for a class, and often just asking a librarian for the books he needed instead of looking himself, or attempting to accio them from the entrance. The latter had never really worked.

Slumping down opposite Sully, Lysander propped himself up on his elbows and looked over the other boys books, wrinkling his nose slightly at how many there were. "I feel like a Ravenclaw anytime I'm in here. How goes the hunt?" He asked, idly picking up one of the books to the side in order to flip through it, ignoring the words in lieu of the animated depictions of the spells.​

Sully looked up when Lysander joined him, relieved he didn't have to do any more reading alone. "I have books," He announced proudly, gesturing the books around them. It had seemed like an important step but it had dawned on Sully that now that they had some books to look things up they'd actually have to, well, look things up. "I guess we should look for other hair growing spells?" He offered, scratching his nose and grabbing the little pamphlet he'd found;' Godiva's Guide to Lucious Locks!' it proclaimed proudly on the title and Sully tilted his head, flipping through it. "Honestly, it'd just be easier to make our own spell, aye," He said, dropping his chin into his hand as he flipped past a paragraph about how to grow out for your fringe with magic.

Lysander lightly clapped his hands in silent applause as Sully announced he had books. It was a start, and he was glad he'd already found them by the time he'd arrived. Sander had no idea where he would have had to look in the first place. "I can make you grow fur, but I don't know how to grow eyebrows. It's dumb." He commented, flipping through more pages of the book he'd been skimming through. He liked the idea of the fur-growing spell, but he figured he'd get more use out of an eyebrow-growing spell. That was why they were there in the first place, to find one since neither knew any. He laid the book face-down, deciding it wasn't giving him anything useful, and tilted his head to the side at the mention of making their own. "I bet it's not that hard." He grinned, though he didn't know anyone in the school who'd made up their own spells, or tried. It seemed like most spells for things already existed, and until now, he hadn't needed one he couldn't find elsewhere. There was hair-lengthening, but it wasn't exactly what he was after. He paused to glance around the library, and check if any of the librarians were hanging about, before pulling out his wand and aiming it at his own eyebrows. "Eyebrowius Growoutius" He incanted jokingly. Nothing happened, at most the merest hint of a spark, as wands were prone to do on their own accord anyway. He didn't wholly expect anything to happen, but a small part had hoped that that's all that was needed to make up a spell.​

Sully flipped to the end of the pamphlet he'd picked up, tossing it onto the table when it didn't yield anything more interesting. "Magic makes no sense," He said with a shrug, though he did have to grin at the mental image of being covered in fur. "Would you rather have fur all over your body or no hair at all..." He asked Lysander, already getting sidetracked as Lysander pulled out his wand. He sat up straighter when Lysander tried to make up a spell, laughing when nothing happened. "Oh man, imagine if that'd worked," Sully said excitedly. "I bet you're right, it can't be that hard to make spells, people probably do it all the time," He said, shuffling the books around to see if he'd gotten anything that might be helpful fo making up your own spells, poking a Charms Dictionary that looked too thick to really be worth digging into. "You just wave your wand and say some words right? We can do that," He added, getting more and more into the idea the more he thought about it. Magic had always come pretty naturally to Sully, so he didn't see why they couldn't just come up with the right words and stuff to grow your eyebrows.

Lysander had to agree. Magic made a lot of sense, it was all just natural and he accepted a lot of it, but thinking about it, a lot of the time it didn't really. He guessed it would make more sense as he got older, it had to. "Fur for sure." He remarked, giving his eyebrows a small wiggle to make sure that nothing had actually happened to them. "Fur sure." He repeated again, with a very self-congratulatory grin. Haha. "I'd make new spells every day if that had worked. Makeus Bedius. Bringio Me Foodio. Coolify." He rambled a list of random spells he'd much like to have to make every day easier. They didn't learn enough household charms, and he was sick of doing a lot of the basic stuff without magic. His parents could pack a trunk with a wave of their wand, and he still didn't know how to do that. But, surely it wasn't too hard to invent a spell. There were tons of them, and Ministry department for it. He watched Sully shuffle books curiously, not really wanting to have to do much reading, though it seemed more complicated now than just finding a spell on eyebrows. "Accio books on how to make spells." He intoned, waving his wand wildly through the air again. He waited a beat, though no books came flying towards them, and he shuffled to get more comfortable in his seat. "I tried. Dibs not getting up to find more books."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back