Greetings

Jake Saylye

Wand
Myrtle Wand 15 1/2" with a Tail of Charmed Newt core
Hi everyone, I got linked here from Nick's Zetaboards Support forum account...so yeah. I've never done any RPing, but I have a good idea of how to do it and all. Just wanted to pop in and say hi.

Welcome to the board, Jake! :D I hope you have an awesome time on HNZ and that your first experiences role-playing turn out to be more fun/exciting than you could have hoped for. ^_^
Obviously you know who I am, so I needn't tell you that. (Just in case you have forgotten so soon, though - I'm Nick. ;) )
If you have any questions/comments/concerns about the board you can always PM myself or another admin about them. ^_^

...did I say 'welcome' yet? :p

Enough with the welcome, Sir Nicolas. That's...5 times? ;)

Thank you.

And...help on wands, please. :ph43r:

I present to you, good sir, the FAQ: http://hogwartsnewzealand.com/topic/7109518/1/#new
Shops FAQ said:
[ul] [li] Shops! How do they work?
Shopping with your character is really a lot simpler than you might think. You simply role play entering a shop then wait for a shopkeeper or shop assistant to reply to you. Then you RP out a sale, agreeing on a price. Then that's it for you! The shopkeeper takes care of the rest, deducting the money from your Gringotts account.
[ul][li]Wait! I don't have a Gringotts account! How do I get one or when will I?
If your character is presently unsorted you will receive one as soon as you are sorted. Otherwise, please personal message Nasera and ask him to set you up an account.</LI>
[li]Great! But now how do I earn money? I seem to be running low.
Students receive a weekly 'allowance' of ten galleons, which is more than enough for them to be able to get everything they need and want in time. However, if they want a little extra they can try to find work as a shop assistant.
Other characters may not receive any regular funds. If your account is running low and you're not a student please contact Griphook and explain the situation, explaining why your character should receive some galleons. He'll then use his judgement to sort things out.
<LI>[li]I want my character to buy their friend a gift; how does that work?
Just specify that in your sale thread somehow. Then, when the shopkeeper completes the sale, they will deduct the funds from your account but the item will be placed in the other user's vault![/li][/ul][/li][/ul]
[ul]

Assuming your character will be a student - sorting opens again on September 11th, then you'll be able to go about getting your character's supplies etc. :)[/li][/ul]

Wands are not in the FAQ... :arr2:

Ans as I post the thunder rumbles and lightning flashes outside. :r:

It means you have to purchase it in Obsidian Harbour, 'Ollivander's Wand Shop'?

Oh, and Welcome to the board, hope you'll stay longer. I'm Alexis by the way but they call me Joyce here. :D

Alrighty, thanky.

You Jake I welcome you to Hogwarts New Zealand. I am Ana OOC, IC this is Hoshi and it's best if you stay on her good side if you don't want her of hang you up my your ankels. :D

Keeding. Welcome and I'm sure you will have a great time Rping. :D

Welcome to the site Jake.
concerning the wands, you'll be given a list of supplies to get when you are sorted.
usually the majority of things are gotten for you but wands are very individualistic so this has to be gotten yourself and as Joyce has explained, these can be purchased in Ollivanders. But best wait until you've been sorted and you get an account.

any other questions just ask our Nick who you already know or Cecily Rambolt.

welcome once again

Linda

Users who are viewing this thread

Back