OOC First Name
Kadi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Knotted 13 Inch Unyielding Hazel Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
Delilah took a sip of her punch and was once again relieved her friends had decided to go to the dance together. The idea of trying to find a date felt daunting since she didn't really talk to that many boys. She saw them in lessons but it wasn't the same as actually hanging out. She shook her head and looked around at the impressively decorated hall. It was always impressive and she wondered how long it took to get it fully decorated. She spotted some of the older, established couples dancing and she suddenly felt very young thinking about romance. Lumio had been nice as her Yule Ball date, but that had been a planned blind date and she wasn't even sure how she felt about him. She might have been able ask him but it wasn't like he had asked her either. At least she had Brooke and Ivy with her now. Delilah smiled before turning to her friends, "How many couples do you think will make it to next years dance?" she asked playfully.

Brooke liked to think she was an old hand at having a busy social life, but if she was being honest, before school all the events and gatherings had been handled by her family. Now that she was in charge of her own social calendar as well as her studies, she was finding a lot of work. But she wasn't one to not make an appearance, and she'd been happy to meet up with Delilah and Ivy.

Brooke perked up when Delilah made a comment about some of the nearby couples, having already started analyzing everything from the decorations to someone else's dress the second she'd stepped in the door, and was happy to share her opinion. "Hmm, I don't think they'll even make it to the end of the night if he keeps standing on her shoes like that," Brooke said, hiding a smile behind her drink and nodding to an awkwardly shuffling couple on the dance floor.

Ivy was enjoying hanging out at the dance with Delilah and Brooke. It was actually kind of nice to have a night where she didn't think about her homework, or preparing for her exams, or trying to learn advanced spells. She would just focus on the night, tacky decorations and all. Ivy didn't really get Valentine's Day. She felt like romance in general mostly seemed like a big waste of time. But Delilah's comment was funny, as was Brooke's. "I dunno. I feel like I've seen some of these people together at the last dance too." Ivy said with a shrug. "Some have to last, surely." She said, pointing out the Head Girl and her boyfriend. "Like them." To Ivy, being Head Girl meant you were successful in everything, including relationships.

Delilah felt herself smile at Brooke’s comment, and followed her gaze to the unlucky couple. “Definitely not.” she agreed with a giggle. She wasn’t sure if she really had an opinion on most of the couples, who looked awkward at best. If she was being honest all relationships felt like they were doomed from the start. One thing goes wrong and it’s over, and you're left heartbroken. It didn’t seem like a lot of fun to her but she also knew she would have to try eventually. After another sip of her drink she looked at Ivy who pointed out the Head Girl and her boyfriend. “I guess so. There is always a chance.” Delilah admitted, not willing to make a very bold stand on the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back