OOC First Name
Arle
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Philip had enough. He knew Avaria was hurt and he knew he was at fault. He had planned everything and hoped it would go according to plan. He knew how headstrong the Ravenclaw was and if he had to kneel for her forgiveness, he would do it in a heartbeat. With the roses ready, he waited at the courtyard while he asked three first years for a favor. To deliver three pink roses to the girl. He even showed them a photo of her so they would know who to approach. He was nervous as he paced at the courtyard, not daring to look at the direction to where the festivities were.

Ava didnt feel as confident as she had hoped after her talk with Vader. She sat tucked away in the corner, letting Vader work with plans to spend more time with him in a bit. She was surprised when three different girls brought her roses, each with a note. I miss you. Forgive me. I'm in the courtyard. Ave sighed heavily. She glanced nervously to Vader, giving him a shaky smile when she thought he was looking.

Ava built up her courage and left to go find him. Her heart nearly stopped when she spotted him. He looked so handsome. Keep it together, Avaria. She straightened her posture, holding her head high as she approached. She crossed her arms across her torso, trying to appear much, much tougher than she felt. "You're not going to yell at me again, are you?" She questioned when she came up behind him, ignoring the fluttering of her heart.

Philip heard footsteps. At every step, his heart beat faster. He quickly fixed his hair and suit, debating he would immediately hug her. Deciding not to, he slowly turned and gave her a small smile. The roses were in his hands, beautifully wrapped. At her question, it tugged on his heart. She never forgot about it and it pained him. He silently shook his head, not daring to step forward. He did not want her to bolt out of there without even hearing him out. "I'm sorry. For everything.", was all he could say. "Ava... I...", he sighed. "I know I hurt you so much and I cannot forgive myself for that. I-I... No words can make all the hurt I caused you to go away, I wish I could.", he held his gaze, his heart thumping so loudly that he thought he could hear it already.

Ava tried not to let the flowers he had sway her. She knew he had allergies. She looked away. "Its Avaria," she told him. "Only my friends call me Ava." It was a little harsh, since... basically everyone called her Ava. But he had lost that right. "Is that it?" She asked quietly. "You think pretty words and some flowers will fix it?" She bit her lip, tightening her arms around her torso. "Your cousin put me in the hospital wing. You abandoned me. You tried to make me walk away from my brother." She took a breath, glancing back to him.

"I'm telling you right now. I dont know what... this is," she gestured at the flowers. "But Vader isnt going anywhere. I needed you and you left me. I'm not walking away from my brother because you're jealous." She took.a breath. "We're getting an apartment after school. Living off my art and his photography. But we arent a couple. If we wanted that, we would have done so. But we don't. You know how I know?" She ranted. "I kissed him. Everyone kept telling me what I was supposed to feel. My dad, my friends, the boy I thought I loved. So I kissed him, and you know what? Neither of us felt anything." She shook her head. "Its both of us or nothing." She stood her ground. Vader was her world. If Philip wanted in her life, he would have to accept that.

Philip almost stumbled back with her harsh tone. He knew he hurt her and it just showed tonight how hurt she was and she manifested it through her harsh words and defensive stance. Ava knew him well when she looked at the roses on his hands. He had taken anti-allergies to aid him in his plan which was working. He just hoped it would take long enough until he gave the flowers and made up with her. He stood silently as he listened to her pour her heart out. When she mentioned Vader, Philip did all he could to not react. Ever since they drifted apart, he watched them from afar and as she said, they were just friends, really close friends. Nothing more. As she kept talking about her future with Vader and not him in it, his heart broke. Adding the pain of knowing she kissed him stung his heart. He lowered the roses, not because he was feeling the allergy but because he felt his heart drop. He was losing her. "If Vader... If he is your happiness, then...", he took a deep sigh, not knowing what to say next. "If he is the way for me to gain your forgiveness..", he bravely yet slowly crossed the distance to where she was. "I'll talk to him, Avaria." He used her full name this time. As she said, he no longer lost the right. "Please... give me a chance to win you back." The roses made slight contact with her arms when he was close enough to her. He was aching to touch her, hug her.

Avas eyes widened as Philip stepped closer and she felt herself blushing. She stood her ground, trying to ignore the rapid fluttering of her heart. Her breath caught at his words and she did her best to hide it. "I... I dont trust you." She managed. "I dont trust myself either. Every time I've let you close you've broken my heart. If... if you can get Timmy- Vader's approval, then... I'll give you a chance to be more." She managed softly, taking the roses and setting them on a nearby bench. She hesitated a moment. "We can try to be friends for now." She told him. After a brief second, she stepped forward and put a hand on his shoulder, standing on tiptoe to place a soft kiss to his cheek. "Thank you for apologizing," she murmured, stepping back again and looking away.

Philip felt hope at Avaria's words. They hurt, yes but it was still hope for him. That she was willing to give him a chance. He smiled when she accepted the roses. The red color suited her dress. All he could do was nod when she suggested being friends. "Friends. Yeah, I-I can do that.", he whispered, his gaze distant as he lingered on the thought. He was brought back to the reality when he felt Avaria's touch and the next thing he knew, she kissed him on the cheek. His eyes fluttered close at the brief contact of her lips. "Anything for you. I promise.", he vowed, determined to keep it this time around. The faint sound of a song reached them and he held out his hand. "May...I have this dance?", he asked uncertainly. "Or do you need to go back inside?", he added, not wanting her to go but he knew he had to give her the freedom to make her choice.

Last edited:
Ava hesitated as he held out his hand. Her head told her it was time to go back inside, to run before he could get her hopes up again. But her heart whispered that she should take the moment while she had it. He would probably change his mind again tomorrow. He always did. She bit her lip, hesitating a moment before carefully setting her hand in his. "One dance," she said softly, relaxing a little bit and giving him a shy smile.

Philip was nervous as he watched Avaria consider accepting his offer. He knew he did not deserve anything to be with her, even to dance but he was taking risks tonight. Even the roses. He knew she loved them so he tried. The Slytherin did not expect he was holding his breath until he exhaled in relief the moment she placed her hand in his. He looked at her hand in his, the softness and warmth were enough to tell him that he was not dreaming. "One dance.", he repeated. He wanted more but he would not force her. After all, he did not own her. He placed his hand on her waist, keeping a respectable distance as he started to lead her.

Ava bit her lip as he started to lead her in a dance. Feeling... reckless, and a bit bold, Ava stepped closer, moving her arms over his shoulders. She laid her head on his chest. When had he gotten taller than her? "You can't... you can't change your mind again." She murmured. "My dad... I'm already having so much trouble at home. If I hadn't found Vader, between you and my dad... I don't know what would have happened to me." She admitted quietly. "I want to believe you... I'm just so afraid to let you in again, only for you to leave me..." she sniffled a little, trying not to cry. He didn't deserve to be the one to comfort her. She would cry to Vader in a little while.

Philp wanted to pull Avaria closer but he restrained himself. He kept his gaze on her, not wanting to lose her from his sight. However, a few moments into the dance, Ava stepped closer, moved her arms and laid on his chest. His breath hitched as his heart thumped faster. Now, she could hear his heart. He moved his arms to encase her in them. Listening to her made him feel much worse. "Ava...I'm sorry. Hearing you tell me all these, makes me feel undeserving to have you." He bravley lifted her chin to look at him. "I would understand if you don't want to do anythung with me." He gave her his best smile. "But I'm not going anywhere.", a tone of promise in his voice. He had never been certain like this before.

Ava shrugged at his apology. "Avaria. I tried telling you. But you were too busy yelling at me to listen." She replied softly. She blushed a bit as he lifted her chin. He... looked serious. "You've said that before," She managed quietly, "When we started school you promised you would stay with me. And you didn't." She pulled her head back, laying it on his chest again. "Just... no more. Not right now," She sighed. "I don't want to think," She bit her lip, moving an arm from around his shoulder to wrap around her waist, subtly reaching into her pocket and taking out a paper flower. "You're here with me right now, let's just... have a moment." She smiled a little, patting his pocket to emphasize her words and slip the flower into his pocket unnoticed. She moved the hand up to rest on his chest, closing her eyes and enjoying the feel of him being closer to her again as they swayed softly to the music.

Philip sighed sadly. He knew Avaria would not believe him anymore. With that he just contend himself with having her in his arms. He briefly noticed her hand in his pocket but he was too lost in the moment that he had with her to notice it. He could not help it, he kissed her on the hair before resting his chin as they slowly swayed to the music. Soon enough, they could hear the song coming to an end. His arms tightened around Avaria, enough to tell her that he was not ready to let go.

Ava sighed, relaxing more the more they danced. When she felt his arms tighten, she felt herself grumble a little. "One more couldn't hurt," She murmured softly, perfectly content to stay where she was. She didn't want this to end yet; she was sure that when it did he would be gone again. She couldn't help herself; she still loved him. She didn't want to admit it, and she knew tomorrow she would deny her feelings, but right now, in this moment... she didn't want to pretend. Without really thinking first, she pushed up on tiptoe and pressed her lips softly against his. "Just... one more," she whispered, kissing him again as the next song began, before resting her head against his chest again, moving her arms to wrap around his waist as she shut her eyes.

At Ava's words, Philip was overjoyed that he lifted her, twirling her once. Setting her down, he apologized."Sorry about that." He smiled sheepishly. He took her by the waist again when the next happened. Avaria kissed him on the lips. He was too shocked that he was a bit dazed until he felt Ava hugged him by the waist.He pulled back to see her face. Without waiting for permission, he cupped her cheek. "Just... one more.", he whispered befofe he kissed her. Carefully and slowly.

Ava couldn't help but giggle as Philip spun her, trying to snuggle close and ignore his apology. But then he pulled away again. She started to pout, but her breath caught as he kissed her. She hesitated a moment before bringing her hand up to lightly rest against his neck. "I'm still mad at you," She murmured softly, without any heat, pressing closer and kissing him back eagerly. This was a good moment. One she would more than likely think about later.

Philip smiled into the kiss, happy that Avaria did not pull away. He tightened his hold as he kissed her more. It was more than enough he could ask for. If she was to leave after this dance, he wpuld gladly let her go. Slowly ending the kiss, he hugged her. "I've missed you. So damn much.", he whispered. The song ended as soon as it started. It felt like he was saying goodbye. Like this time, she would be the on to turn and go. He respectfully stepped back from the hug as the song ended. "Ava..." Please stay. He wanted to say. "Do you have to go now?", he asked, afraid of what her answer would be.

Ava was lost in the moment, of the feeling of his lips against hers, of the warmth of his breath, the solid feel of his arms around her. She wanted to protest when he pulled away, wanted to tell him she missed him too, but the words stuck in her throat. "Avaria," She corrected quietly again, wrapping her arms around her torso. She hesitated as he asked if she needed to go, reaching out and needlessly straightening his collar. "I... I need to check on Vader," She managed softly, not looking to Philip, "He works so hard, he forgets to eat. Or drink water." She hesitated, keeping her hand on his shoulder. "I..." she bit her lip, sighing and stepping back. "I'm probably having lunch by the cliffs tomorrow," She offered quietly, silently pleading for him to be there. She gave him a quiet smile, turning to pick up the roses before turning and starting to walk away.

Philip slowly nodded, giving Avaria a small smile. "I understand... Avaria.", it pained him but he had to. He would probably get some fresh air afterward. When she mentioned lunch at the cliffs, he found hope to see her again. "I'll.. Have a great night, my sweet.", he said. He was careful not to promise anything to her this time. He would just have to be there. He watched her leave with the roses, happy that she took them with her.

Ava made it back up to the top of the steps, her willpower holding long enough for her to get up the steps. But then her emotions caught up with her and her defenses came crashing down. She sniffled, roses slipping from her fingers and falling to the ground. She spun back around, darting back down the steps quickly. "Philip!" She rushed back towards him, opening her arms to knock back into him, half jumping off the last step to give her the height to wrap her arms around his neck, burrowing in close and sniffling.

Philip still had the smile on his face, quite happy to have spent time with Avaria. He was watching her leave, planning to keep staring at her departing figure until she disappeared through the doors. As she was climbing up the stairs, he noticed she was slowing down. Did she forget something? Looking around, he found nothing for her to forget. He looked back at her, just in time to see the roses slip and she turned back. The thing he knew, she was rushing down the steps, causing Philip to spring into action and run to meet her halfway. Avaria jumped the last step just in time he was there. This time, he was there to catch her. His arms went around her waist as she buried her face on his neck. "Ava-Avaria?", he asked.

Last edited:
Ava sniffled, clinging to the boy for several moments, a hand tangled in his hair. Finally, she murmured, "This is it," She managed quietly, brokenly. "No more chances. If you go again then don't come back." She tightened her hold on him. "I want this to work, I want to believe you so badly," She sniffled. "Don't leave me again," She pleaded gently and bit her lip. "I couldn't take it." She admitted softly, staying close to him for several more moments before pulling back and swiping at her eyes. She gave him a weak smile before turning and hurrying back up the steps.

Philip savored the feel of her hand in his hair. He listened to her, silently cheering. He had somehow won her. Little by little. Now, he had his work cut out for him. He just tightened his hold on her. If he could express his sincerity through the hug, he would do it in a heartbeat. All he did was stroked her hair, swaying them gently until she pulled back. He smiled back, hurt when he saw the tears. "Good night, Avaria.", he whispered before watching her retraced her steps leading inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back