Closed Girls Night

Alice tried to listen to Ava's explanation, but she couldn't quite wrap her head around what she was explaining. "Wait, why are you yelling at him?" She asked, frowning. "If he makes you want to yell, that's not... good, right?" She looked at her friend, confused. "Ava, you should date someone who makes you happy. Not someone who makes you angry." She said patiently, thinking about Elliot. She didn't think she had ever really wanted to yell at him.

Ava sipped her drink and set it down, leaning on the table to try to explain. "Allie." Ava took a steadying breath. "I'm not explaining this right. I don't yell because I'm mad. I yell because I'm scared. And I'm trying to push him away." Ava had to focus very hard on her words. "My therapist says I have abandonment issues. Like... When Noelle got a job at the school without telling me, I was hurt. That was a huge life altering decision. I felt like he was going to disappear into the castle and never come back. I had made up my mind he had already left so when he came by I yelled out the window to tell him to go away then went back to painting. He sat on the steps for three hours until I went down and let him in to talk." Ava took in a deep breath, before giggling. "I get scared, and react badly, but he's... patient? And he stays anyway. I yell. He's stubborn."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back