Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 9 Inch Swishy Walnut Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Ava had left the twins with her mother in laws for the night, and had rented a nice hotel suite for her and Alice to get away for the weekend. She felt like it had been too long since they'd spent any real time together. She had arrived first, filling their fridge with snacks and drinks and a few bottles of booze. If Ava wasn't studying to be a tattoo artist, she would be a bartender. She had even been considering taking on a bartender position somewhere while she worked. She loved making drinks. Tonight, she planned on catching up with one of her dearest friends, covering them both in temporary ink, and making them so many mixed drinks they'd be hungover for days. She was excited, giggly, music playing already as she danced around the hotel room.

Alice hadn't been sure if she had been as supportive as she should have been when Ava had told her she was pregnant. She mostly remembered being shocked and worried, but thinking back wondered if perhaps she had been a bit too hard on her friend. Still, it was nice for the two of them to hang out together without the twins, just the two of them like in the old days. Alice headed into the hotel suite and smiled at the sight of Ava dancing around. "Did you get to the drinks already?" She asked her friend jokingly.

Ava spun to face her friend, dancing her way over to Alice. "Nope! I'm just thrilled to see my bestest friend in the whole wide world," She held out her hands, wanting to pull Alice in to dancing with her. "We can dance and sing and drink and just be silly, just with us," She smiled brightly, giggling loudly. "We're going to have just so much fun,"

It was a relief to see Ava so happy and carefree, she wondered if she was happy to be away from the twins for a bit. Alice couldn't imagine how busy it had to be for Ava, even with help from Vader and others. "I'm happy too." She said with a laugh. "I think that's a great idea." She added, moving over to Ava and grabbing her hands. "Glad to see you so excited, how have you been?"

Ava smiled brightly, lacing her fingers through Alices and swinging their arms a bit. "It's a wonderful idea," Ava giggled, humming a bit. "Of course I'm excited! I have you all to myself," She giggled, still dancing around. "Iiii have been busy, how about you?" Ava asked, smiling brightly at her best friend. This was already going wonderfully, it was just what she needed.

Alice laughed softly as Ava swung their arms. She smiled at her friend, letting her go so she could dance around a bit more. "I have you all to myself too." She said with a slight grin. "Something tells me two babies are more demanding than one Elliot." She said with a slight shrug. "I imagine it has been busy, though. Busy with baby stuff? Or work stuff?" She asked, taking a moment to look around the room. "Or both?" She added absently.

Ava danced around a bit as she was released, before falling dramatically into a nearby chair. "Whoo! Alright, I'm done, I'm done." She laughed. "It's been very busy, with both," She motioned for the chair nearby, standing to mix them drinks. "What would you like? I can make anything," Ava winked. "I've been working part time at a bar down the road from my apartment, Vader works with me so our schedules line up enough that one of us can usually take the twins." She smiled.

Alice laughed at Ava's antics, reminded of their time at Hogwarts. It felt so long ago already, even though it really hadn't been that long. "I get that." She said when Ava said she had been busy. Alice frowned slightly when she explained she worked part-time at a bar. "Do you... enjoy that work?" She asked, a bit of doubt in her voice. It didn't seem to fit Ava in her mind, she couldn't imagine her dealing with rough drunk people. "I thought Vader did photography." She added, thinking out loud.

Ava giggled at Alice's question, nodding and mixing a cocktail, sliding it over to the woman. "Oh, sure! I love making drinks. I'm only part time so I'm never tending the bar by myself." She told Alice, guessing where the womans mind went. "It's only temporary though, I'm trying to get an internship at a tattoo parlor,"

Ava giggled, finishing making her own drink and settling into her seat again. "Oh, he does, he has his own store-front now. It makes it a little easier for us both to work." She took a sip of her drink, smiling. "I would feel just awful if he was the only one making any money."

Alice nodded, trying to keep her expression neutral. She still thought it would be better for Avaria to get a more steady job, something that wasn't at night. She smiled. "Oh, I thought you meant Vader was working with you at your job." She said. "But that makes more sense. That's awesome for him." She said with a nod. "Glad you're making it all work."

Ava giggled, shaking her head. "Oh no, I'm actually designing a portfolio to take to a tattoo parlor I like, try to get an internship," She told Alice. She sipped her drink. "So, how about you? How are Lily and Elliot?" She asked, smiling. She loved that her cousin was living with her best friend. She had always thought Elliot and Lily were little cuties, and she was pleased that Alice had found someone so nice after the disaster that had been Blake Irons. Though, she'd heard from Lily that Blake was pretty serious with the third boy in Lily's circle, Lars. She hoped Lars was doing well, he had always been a sweet slip of a thing.

Alice nodded politely at Ava. he had known about her dreams of becoming a tattoo artist, but she still wondered if it wouldn't be smarter to go into something more secure. But at the same time, Alice could admit a Ministry job really wouldn't suit her either. She nodded at her question. "Yes, I am." She said with a smile. "Your cousin's been wonderful." She said, though she sometimes wondered if Lily enjoyed living with her and Elliot. It would probably be kind of lonely to live with a couple, even if one of them was your best friend. Alice watched as Ava mixed them drinks. "What are you making?" She asked curiously.

Ava giggled, shaking her head. "I'm sure her muffins are wonderful," She teased with a playful wink. She smiled wider at Alice's question, sliding the completed drink over to her. "This is an Electric Blue Butterfly cocktail. It's lemonade, vodka, and blue curacao," she settled in with her own drink, biting her lip. "I picked this one out especially for you, my little butterfly," She teased Alice gently.

Alice laughed a little guiltily. "All the treats are great, though I have to be careful not to overdo it." She said, brushing her hair behind her ear. "I hope she doesn't feel obligated to bake for us." She mused quietly. She grinned at the sight of the drink, admiring it for a moment. She laughed at Ava's joke. "Then what are you making for yourself?" She asked.

Ava giggled, shaking her head. "Lily lives for baking, Allie. She would bake no matter if you ate it," She winked, before showing Alice her drink. "Tonights theme is Alice in Wonderland! This is the Queen of Hearts Cocktail," Ava chattered lightly, twisting her glass. "It's a bit of Malibu rum with Raspberry Vodka, ginger ale, a splash of Grenadine and some black sanding sugar," Ava smiled brightly.

Alice smiled a bit and nodded. "She does seem to really love it." She said softly. She herself didn't really have a hobby like that. She used to love rollerskating, but it had been months since she last picked up her skates. She was just too busy at the moment, though it made her a bit sad. "That's awesome." She said brightly as Ava showed her the drink. "You're really talented."

Ava giggled. "Lily lives for it. I know her stand is doing wonderfully, she almost has enough for that flat with Rose," Ava commented easily, sipping her drink and humming softly. She giggled again, offering out her hand to Alice. "Thanks! So are you," She smiled warmly. "You're so smart and dedicated. I've really missed you," She told Alice with a soft sigh.

Alice nodded and sighed a bit at Ava's reminder that Lily wanted to move out. "Do you think she minds living with me and Elliot?" She asked hesitantly. Alice had tried to involve Lily in as much as she could, but she supposed it was easy to feel left out if you were living together with a couple. She also understood that Lily wanted to live with her sister, though Alice had been pretty glad to get away from her sisters when she moved out. She loved them, but the idea of sharing a flat with Diana made her skin crawl. "I've missed you too." She said with a small sigh. "Adult life is busy, huh? My work's been a lot." She said, smiling slightly. "But I really enjoy it." She added. "It's strange that my mum isn't going to be minister for much longer, though." She said, remembering the upcoming elections. The Ministry was busy preparing, and everyone talked about it. She knew her mother wasn't going to stay on for another term, and it would be weird to have someone else in charge.

Ava shook her head, reaching out to hold the womans hand. "Hey, Lily loves you guys. She's just trying to step out on her own. And she's always been protective of Rose. I think they're both just trying to get on their feet." She tried to reassure Alice. She smiled as Alice returned the sentiment. "I think your mom did a great job," She commented. "Maybe work will slow down a bit after the elections are over." Ava mused. She took a big sip of her drink. Feeling a little tipsy, Ava sighed. "Ali, I'm in trouble," She pouted at her best friend.

Alice shrugged slightly at Ava's words. She wanted to believe them, but couldn't entirely bring herself to do so. It felt like she hadn't done enough for Lily. "It's crazy that her sister already graduated, it's making me feel old." She said with a laugh. "My cousin Connor graduated too." She added, realizing with a start she should probably contact him soon. She shrugged. "I don't think so, my department doesn't have a whole lot to do with the elections." She admitted. "Besides maybe a few muggle-hating idiots taking out their frustration on pro-muggle candidates by enchanting more objects than usual." She mused. At Ava's next statement. Alice tensed. She immediately glanced at Ava's abdomen, though she realized quickly that she couldn't be pregnant. She wouldn't be here drinking if she was. "What sort of trouble?" She asked, attempting a neutral tone.

Ava giggled, sipping more of her cocktail. She was really starting to feel the alcohol. She reached out, meaning to still Alice's hand. "Allieeee, drink," she pouted, scooting the girls cocktail closer to her. "I cannot properly complain about my boy troubles if you aren't equally drunk!" She declared, before giggling again. Ava was the tipsy that was fun, and she planned to stay on this level for a bit. She wasn't sure if she wanted to get wasted yet or not but she was debating it.

Alice sighed when Ava told her to drink, she frowned at her. "You can't just say you're in trouble and then not tell me what you mean." She told Ava, slightly exasperated. "I thought something was really wrong." She added, then took a deep breath before sipping her drink. "Alright, boy troubles, tell me." She added with a slight smile. This was a lot more lighthearted than she had been fearing. Alice's shoulders slowly relaxed again.

Ava giggled. "Aw, but Allieeee," Ava cooed, pouting. "We're having fun, you should drink more." She propped her chin in her hand. "Do you remember Noelle Maxwell?" Ava asked, sticking her lower lip out a bit. "He's interested. I can't make him go away!" Ava sighed dramatically. "And I'm starting to think I don't want him to."

Alice smiled weakly when Ava said she should drink more, taking a sip of her drink obediently. She settled in to listen to Ava as she explained her boy troubles. Alice's expression morphed into a frown. "You can't make him go away?" She asked, vaguely alarmed. "You mean he won't take no for an answer? Because that doesn't sound like a great trait, Ava..."

Ava took another swig of her drink. "No no no, I mean," She brushed her hair back. "He's totally respectful, he doesn't cross any boundaries or anything," She told Alice. "I mean like, he's stubborn. But maybe in a good way? He's soft, sweet, and he lets me yell at him until I'm not mad and then he makes me food and we talk about it," She explained, sighing. "He's Phillips cousin. I think he knows I'm just scared. He's not going away but not like, not in a bad way?" She frowned herself, trying to make sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back