Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Eric <3
Wand
Knotted 15" Unyielding Walnut Wand with Augurey Tail Feather Core
It didn’t matter where Minnie had ended up, the first morning she had done exactly what her parents had told her to do. Get up early, get some books and get started on reading. She had to, Minnie had to be the best, she had to do well. The girl knew her parents were far enough away that they wouldn’t know what she was doing, if she wasn’t sticking to the schedule they had given her but she also didn’t want to go against them. She was not quite ready for that yet, she could feel them breathing down her neck, she could feel their glares if she didn’t get to it. The girl didn’t want to get anything other than perfect grades so, she knew that her parents were right, she needed to just get started. So, Minnie had woken up at the very early hour that she always woke up at, half because of habit and she had started on getting ready for the day. The girl started with a little walk around the grounds before she went back to shower and then before any of the other girls that she was rooming with were awake and headed to the library. She definitely wasn’t the first one up, but she was one of the few that were up. The girl made her way down to the great hall, where things had been set up for breakfast but there wasn’t any food yet. She found herself a spot at the same table as she had been sitting at the night before and began to move the plates and things out of her way so that she could lay out her books and notes and get started. She put on her glasses as she opened up the first school book, picked up her quill and twirled it a little in her hand as she began reading. She would be able to study for a while before more people turned up and before breakfast started. It was important to get started on the work and the studying right away.

Chloe had woken up early. It was her first morning at Jogwarts and she was bursting with excitement. Quickly, she got up and pulled on her new Hogwarts robes before she tiptoed out of her dorm so as to not disturb any of the other sleeping girls.
There weren't many other people up. A couple of older Ravenclaw students were sitting on a few of the sofas in the common room wondering which teachers they were going to get this year. Chloe walked past them and hurried down the stairs.
She walked into the Great Hall - it was pretty quiet as a lot of students still hadn't gotten up yet. Chloe slowly walked over to the Ravenclaw table. Another girl was sitting there, engrossed in a book. Chloe sat down next to her.
"Um...hello," she said, nervously.

Adorah woke up to the sound of a book falling off her bed and onto the floor. She shot straight up and looked around the sudden noise. She realized it had been her copy of Hogwarts, A History that she had been studying in depth since her visit to purchase school supplies. She picked the book up off the floor, noticed none of her roommates were awakened by the disruption, placed it on her nightstand, and got out of bed. She wanted to make a good impression on her first day and spent a little too much time combing her hair and making sure her robes were wrinkle free. After she stuffed every single magical book into her bag, she silently left her dorm and walked toward the Great Hall to grab some breakfast before her first class.

Adorah remembered that each house had assigned tables, and she wondered if she would be able to make friends within her own house. She hadn't really spoken to anyone in Ravenclaw, except the girl she met on the train. Last night, her roommates bonded while she laid until the wee hours of the morning reading and making sure she had purchased all the correct items. As she entered the Great Hall, she noticed it was not packed with students and realized that it was still rather early. Making her way to the Ravenclaw table, she noticed two girls that looked closer to her age near each other. Might as well be bold. Adorah walked on the opposite side of the table of the girl sitting and plopped herself on the bench. She noticed all the books that had taken the place of the dishes. "Hello," she addressed to both girls. "My name's Adorah. What are you reading?" she asked, gesturing to the book the sitting girl seemed to be so interested in.

Chloe looked up, surprised. “Oh, hi! You’re the girl from the train.” She smiled. “It’s good to see you again.”

Minnie was a little lost in her own world as she focused entirely on the work that she was doing, there was no sense in not starting the year off entirely correct and entirely how her parents would want her to, and it helped that minnie did enjoy reading and learning, so it wasn’t exactly a big struggle for her. She just got very lost in her own world, so much so that when someone both sat next to her and started speaking, it was a little startling, almost entirely because it was right there, practically in her ear. She glanced at the girl and realised it was someone from her dorm, a first year ravenclaw like herself, who perhaps also like Minnie had wanted to get started on revision and working, but glancing at her she couldn’t spot any books, ”Hi,” Minnie said in response knowing it was better to be polite to her, ”I’m Minnie, did you want to study too?” Minnie was moving her books a little to create the space for this girl if she wanted to sit around and read a little. She definitely didn’t assume that this girl would maybe want to be friends. But before the first girl could answer they were joined by another, another girl from their dorm, "I'm Minnie," she said in response, knowing it polite to quickly give her name. She could almost guess that as she worked these two girls would start getting on a lot better than Minnie ever could with either. "I'm studying, reading up on the transfiguration theory that we're likely to cover this year," There was a near sense of urgency in Minnie's tone, that she had to get started on the reading, that she had to get started on the revision.

Chloe smiled. "Well, I didn't bring any books, unfortunately, but maybe I could borrow one of yours to study? I came and sat here because I thought it'd be nice to get to know some people better before classes start."

She paused as she took in how many books were scattered around the table. "Transfiguration theory? I did read a bit about that somewhere...don't worry it's not that complicated."

Adorah gasped and realized she had met the girls before. "Of course, yes! You both are also my roommates. There's just been so much going on in the room, I haven't felt very social." She plopped on the bench across from Minnie and Chloe and rested her chin in her hands as she began to hear them talk about Transfiguration. She had yet to look at that book. Scrunching her nose, she began looking through her bag for the Transfiguration text book and placed it on the table. "I'm rather interested in the theory myself, but I do think it's still a rather peculiar concept," she stated to both girls.

“We are in the same dorm, aren’t we!” Chloe exclaimed. “It’s so busy in there. Hopefully we’ll all be able to know each other better.” She smiled at Adorah.

She grabbed her bag and pulled out a notebook. “I was actually making notes the other night.” She opened the book and flipped to the right page. “It’s quite an important theory because it’s the base of transfiguration, meaning it’s crucial that we know the concept...”

Minnie looked at the first girl, Chloe as she asked to use her book to study, she was a little tentative about letting someone else use her book, she didn’t know if she would be able to trust this girl yet, the Ravenclaw didn’t particularly know her. However, as Chloe then looked at the books, Minnie’s felt herself glare a little at her, telling her to not worry, she wasn’t worried, she just wanted to get started. The girl said it so flippingly, she couldn’t help but feel a little frustrated. ”I don’t think it’s complicated, I’m revising not learning” the ravenclaw retorted, unable to help the slightly frustrate tone which filled her voice. The other girl, Adorah took out her own textbook and Minnie gave her a little smile, she listened to the girl’s statement and had been about to agree when Chloe pulled out her notes, clearly someone had started ahead of everyone else. Minnie hadn’t thought to get started the night before, they’d only just arrived, she’d just wanted to sleep. Should she have studied the night before? How was she meant to be perfect if she didn’t get started the night before. ”It’s crucial that we know the concepts,” the girl agreed making a point of using the plural, since there wasn’t just a concept, there were a lot of branches of transfiguration that they had to come to grips with before they’d likely get to do a spell. ”I think the fact that transfiguration will allow us to animate inanimate objects fascinating, I know we likely won’t be doing too many spells of the sort in our first year but I hope we get to do at least one,”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back