Getting in a bit of practise

Harriet Turner

Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
It was a beautiful day outside and Harriet decided to get some practise done while the weather was still good. She walked briskly onto the pitch over to the broom cupboard, as she opened the door she wondered which one to use and after debating with herself for quite a while decided to use the one she had used in her previous lesson, this particular broom was only recognisable due to the big gash in the side of it. She decided to start at the very beginning as she walked to the centre of the pitch and getnly placed her broom on the floor. "UP!" she said to the broom and it flew perfectly into her hands, but that wasn't much of an achievment as she had managed it in her first flying lesson. She mounted her broom and kicked gently off the ground and before she knew it she was soaring through the air, she loved flying now it made her feel so free like she could do anything in the world and she couldn't help but grin as she soared higher and higher, then suddenly looking down she realised she was flying to high and so slowly desended, it was a beautiful view but the height made her feel dizzy. Now it was time to build up speed but before she did that she was determind to perfect her landing, her first attempt wasn't exactly smooth and she tumbled very un-graciously off of her broom.

Blane walked onto the pitch with his new firebolt that he had just gotten. He was determined to try it out. As he got onto the middle of the pitch Blane saw a girl land, not so gracefully on to the pitch. He walked over to her. "Hi, your good at flying." Blane said smiling "Where are my manners, I'm Blane" Blane added with a smile his bright blue eyes sparkling.

Ginny walked onto the pitch backwards as she felt like walking backwars today. She mounted her broom before she noticed Blane and another girl on the pitch, looking like she had just fallen off. She flew over to them before hovering and swinging her legs over, hovering. 'hello. Is everything all right?' she asked nicely, grinning.

Amy practically skipped down to the Quidditch Pitch with her new Firebolt. She was desperate to try it out and had quite literally run all the way down through the class, only slowing down to skip in the grounds. As she came closer and closer to the pitch she noticed a few people already standing there. She thought she may as well go and see who they were in case she knew them and indeed she did. "Hi Ginny, Blane, Harri" Amy said smiling at them all. "How are we all today?" she asked happily.

Harriet was still sprawled on the floor before she realised that she had been joined, laughing at herself she stood up and brushed the grass off of her, "Hi Blane, I'm Harri !" she replied, as she introduced herself she noticed that the boy had shining blue eyes like sparkling pools of water, realising she was now staring at him she quickly carried on speaking. "Yeah flyings not the problem!" she continued "But I have a slight feeling I might have to practise my landing but I'm not quite sure!" she laughed. Harriet looked infront and saw a girl walking backwards on to the grass and couldn't help but smile. "Oh yeah I'm fine !" she said realising that from afar it probably looked like she had just had a bad accident falling off of her broom and landing on the spongy grass. At the sudden approach of Amy she suddenly felt surrounded. Noticing she had a spring in her step she smiled, "you look rather happy today!" she said before noticing the firebolt in her hand "Oh my gosh you have a firebolt! Wow!" she said she could sense Amys excitment and she shared it with her.

"Well actually I'm from a muggle family so all my flying has been learnt here." she said gratful for the complement. "How about you?" she said.

"Wow!" she said "I'm not that good!" she said blushing slightly "I'm from London/ How about you?" she replied.

"oh my Gosh wow!" she said "I thought you had an accident!" she giggled "So whats it like living in Scotland?" she asked she had always wondered what it was like to live in Scotland.

"Yeah Londons ok I guess. Good shopping!" she laughed

she laughed "But i bet its really cool in the winter, cause you get loads of snow don't you?" she asked

"Oh great!" she said "Get a load of rain in London aswell!" "Nope no siblings only me!" she said realising her life seemed very plain and boring compared to most of the other people here " How about you? Whats your family like?" she asked

From how quickly and quietly blane said it she gathered he didn't want to talk about it and wasn't going to pressurise him into talking. "Well i really like flying! how about you?" "talking of flying shalll we start?"

"Oh i haven't done history of magic yet is it really good?" shse said mounting her broom she returned the smile and pushed off the ground firmly.

((sorry if I take long to replie am in the garden throwing around a ball being immature with Amy Stone :D))

"No actually I like all my subjects at the moment!" she said "So i guess you loved history at muggle school!" she asked

Ginny smiled just hovering on her broom when she noticed when they were just about to fly. 'Mind if i join you guys in flying?' she asked swinging her leg back over so she was sitting properly on the broom. she never knew blane's family where gone. she wondered what had happened to them, if he was abandoned like her.

Amy watched as Blane and Harri talked. She mounted her Firebolt and touched off of the ground. She rose rapidly feelng the wind whip through her hair, her face exposed to the last rays of the sun. She done a few laps round the pitch, getting experiance with her firebolt. It obeyed her every command, it seemed to know just what she wanted to do. She felt exhilerated and continued to fly round the pitch.

OOC: Supposed to be Harriet saying this, Amy's online at the same time and somethings mucked up with our computers!! sorry))

"Yeah i went to muggle school since I was 6!" shes said "How comes you didn't go for long?" she added.
"Sure!" she said in replie to Ginnys questioned.
"Hai Amy!" she called waving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back